Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Ice Fist posted:

Has anyone in an MP game recently experienced a situation where transport fleets stop responding to any orders? Happened to a friend of mine.

Bumping this. Anyone heard of this? It happened last night. We're hoping that reloading the save the next time we play will fix it, but I wanted to see if anyone had dealt this this before.

In other news, I was always sort of afraid of playing a galactic threat. But playing a devouring swarm has been the most fun I've had in this game so far. I got sort of the perfect start for it too. Being bordered by a horde and a pair of FEs let me expand in total peace and quiet and when I emerged out the other side of the corridor I was already in a position to annihilate the first poor sucker I encountered, and his friend. Although being a devouring swarm means I can't do any direct diplomacy with my friend he left his borders open so when he was getting rolled by another federation I stepped in and crushed them too. It's just been non-stop fighting. Hopefully we'll be able to fix this stupid transport bug and I'll get to see what facing a galactic crisis is like when you're already a galactic crisis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

OwlFancier posted:

I mean you do speed up to go further away, but the point is that speeding up moves your apoapse away, not where you are right now.

I just point my ship at wherever I want to go and accelerate until I get there. :science:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Ice Fist posted:

Bumping this. Anyone heard of this? It happened last night. We're hoping that reloading the save the next time we play will fix it, but I wanted to see if anyone had dealt this this before.

In other news, I was always sort of afraid of playing a galactic threat. But playing a devouring swarm has been the most fun I've had in this game so far. I got sort of the perfect start for it too. Being bordered by a horde and a pair of FEs let me expand in total peace and quiet and when I emerged out the other side of the corridor I was already in a position to annihilate the first poor sucker I encountered, and his friend. Although being a devouring swarm means I can't do any direct diplomacy with my friend he left his borders open so when he was getting rolled by another federation I stepped in and crushed them too. It's just been non-stop fighting. Hopefully we'll be able to fix this stupid transport bug and I'll get to see what facing a galactic crisis is like when you're already a galactic crisis.

I've never heard of it myself, but a lot of the weird "stuff gets stuck" bugs are fixed with a reload.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

PhantomZero posted:

The biggest reason I don't play this game more is all the drat clicking. I feel like i'm going to get carpal tunnel if I play this game too long, the tiles suck.

My last game was a Fanatic Pacifist/Spiritualist with 16 Core Systems :shepicide:

I used the Dryads from the workshop and played them as a Life-Seeded caretaker race, genetically-engineered by a race of alien Precursors to help them turn the galaxy into a paradise. Once I got Climate Restoration, my sworn mission was to Terraform everything into Gaia Worlds. Everything...

It actually ended up being the easiest game I ever played, despite all the intentional handicaps I took for the sake of roleplaying. Everybody seemed to want to be my friend. I got a huge Federation together before 100 years had passed and rolled the entire galaxy long before the Crisis popped up. The Great Khan showed up laughably late and got steamrolled by a 170k fleet power Federation Fleet, the first time I'd ever seen the Khan die in battle.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I dont really see the comparison here but my friends and I simply abandoned a a cooperative multiplayer game we were playing when the Contingency spawned right next to two of our home systems and before we could get fleets there both players lost both of their shipyard systems, their core worlds (which included a ringworld and a system with like 6 habitats in it). I mean yeah, those players could have spread out more but if you get hosed like that, why loving bother? They did nothing to play explicitly "poorly", they were maybe "suboptimal" at worst, but they got wrecked simply by the Contingency spawning and moving over one system. Thats not fun.

It's almost as if you shouldn't make yourself vulnerable for no reason by building single points of failure into your empire. I mean that's emergent narrative right there; two extremely centralized polities got wiped out because their core system got taken out in a decapitation attack and the periphery was apparently a glorified resource extraction area.

That said, it would be better if the end game crises started in multiple places. I find that if they start in my space I just rapidly contain it, where what I really want to see is the crisis rampaging over the AI. But even if you try and push them that way, the crisis actors tend to bug out and just bash their fleets into the player uselessly.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Hi, Stellaris dev folk, please let us reinforce invasion armies like you can with your armadas w/ the fleet management screen.

Clicking on each planet to train armies and then having to go back and shift click them all to group em is super tedious.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

PittTheElder posted:

It's almost as if you shouldn't make yourself vulnerable for no reason by building single points of failure into your empire. I mean that's emergent narrative right there; two extremely centralized polities got wiped out because their core system got taken out in a decapitation attack and the periphery was apparently a glorified resource extraction area.

That said, it would be better if the end game crises started in multiple places. I find that if they start in my space I just rapidly contain it, where what I really want to see is the crisis rampaging over the AI. But even if you try and push them that way, the crisis actors tend to bug out and just bash their fleets into the player uselessly.
Eh, again, it isnt that a decapitation attack could happen, and did happen, its that because it is a scripted event there is nothing the players could do to prevent it from happening in the first place. Additionally, we had prepared well, but because it is a scripted event that is overwhelmingly powerful, our preparedness didnt matter.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Had an interesting war result last night in my current ironman which is nearing year 375. The majority of the game I have been in a 2 empire federation. My buddy and I are connected through a wormhole but in real space we had a whole decently sized empire between us (though inferior in fleet power due to us bashing him repeatedly every 10-15 years). My fed buddy had been plinking away at that empires systems and was ready to go after a few more claims. I just ended a fanatical purifier threat once and for all (thanks fed fleet) now controlling the direct southern part of the galaxy, and wanted to try out imposing ideology on the empire between us in hopes of imposing and then inviting into the federation so the fed can control a full 40ish% of connected galactic space and get ready for end game which is probably coming soonish I think though I have not seen any mid game stuff (no great khan).

We thoroughly throttle the empire, control all planets and systems. Can't force a victory for some reason, so I figure I'll just give my fed buddy his claims and move on to something else. I settle the status quo my partner gets his claims, and surprisingly a new empire is born with the majority of the old empires systems. But the old empire still exists and has exactly two systems that hold worlds. New empire also has a handful of worlds.

New empire has my ideology.

So the end result of the conflict was a loss of systems for defendant, defendant split into two empires: one larger one with my ethics and new name as well as the old empire reduced now to two whole systems. All of this on a status quo victory.

So I guess you can partially impose your ideology???

lovely part now is that despite being their liberators the new infant empire wont join my federation due to not allowing wars of aggression. I changed my policy to get federation'd up with my fed buddy (mutual protection was needed) and originally wanted to try building tall (lol didnt work I am a total war monger. I crave more space). Is there a way to influence the new empire to change their war policy? It would greatly benefit them to be in the federation as they are an infant compared to the other empires, and despite our "selective bombardment" their worlds were utterly flattened as I only had one army on that side of my empire and just bombarded as long as it took for the army to cap all planets. They are ruined from the war. Why won't they join their liberators who liberated them to secure a border and have easy access to other allies space.

I am starting to think that maybe it might just be a two party fed forever. This is actually the first time i've ever played a long game as a fed member. The fed fleet is pretty nuts and puts you over the top to defeat so called "superior" empires like those fanatical purifiers. An extra 50k fleet was the major game changer when we both had roughly equal / I had slightly less fleet power. It's pretty cool. The fleet is up to 80k now and Might be worth it to keep the two of us so I can have access to the fleet every 10 years instead waiting to rotate through every person. Just wish I didn't have to spend a full year transporting the fleet back to my space each time we switch.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

PittTheElder posted:

That's a great deal of narrative to inject into the game spawning a bunch of stuff out of nowhere because that's the most low effort way to challenge the player.

No no you see the game isn't teleporting enemies in on top of you, it's making a narrative point you see, it's art.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

OwlFancier posted:

That's a great deal of narrative to inject into the game spawning a bunch of stuff out of nowhere because that's the most low effort way to challenge the player.

No no you see the game isn't teleporting enemies in on top of you, it's making a narrative point you see, it's art.

Emperor of Rome, 441 AD: "Wtf huge horde of Huns just spawned on me, OP Archers, devs please fix"

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
That's not as valid, as they had years of refugee events leading up to it.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

Not really. You shouldn't centralise ship production. If an opponent takes out your small cluster of shipyards - regardless of whether they're a crisis or not - you're toast.

By the time the crisis pops up you should have multiple shipyards evenly spaced across your empire, all linked by gates. This means that the loss of any particular yard isn't a tragedy, as you can leverage the rest readily.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Bloodly posted:

They didn’t have a crisis strength slider :colbert:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Aethernet posted:

Not really. You shouldn't centralise ship production. If an opponent takes out your small cluster of shipyards - regardless of whether they're a crisis or not - you're toast.

By the time the crisis pops up you should have multiple shipyards evenly spaced across your empire, all linked by gates. This means that the loss of any particular yard isn't a tragedy, as you can leverage the rest readily.
I'm not sure what the core thing being argued about here anymore is, but I just wanted to mention that I too build my shipyards on my gateways. It just makes sense.

EmbryoSteve posted:

New empire has my ideology.

So the end result of the conflict was a loss of systems for defendant, defendant split into two empires: one larger one with my ethics and new name as well as the old empire reduced now to two whole systems. All of this on a status quo victory.

So I guess you can partially impose your ideology???
From the 2.1.1 patch notes:
* Now possible to achieve partial victory in subjugation and liberation wars with occupied systems splitting off as a new subject or ally in the event of a status quo peace

Looks like ideology got rolled into it too. A good change.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Vengarr posted:

They didn’t have a crisis strength slider :colbert:

"lol i put it on 5x remus, i bet we can take them"

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Splicer posted:

I'm not sure what the core thing being argued about here anymore is, but I just wanted to mention that I too build my shipyards on my gateways. It just makes sense.

From the 2.1.1 patch notes:
* Now possible to achieve partial victory in subjugation and liberation wars with occupied systems splitting off as a new subject or ally in the event of a status quo peace

Looks like ideology got rolled into it too. A good change.

looks like I missed two planets then. I agree that this is a good change. Liberation wars are pretty cool imo

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Xenaero posted:

Hi, Stellaris dev folk, please let us reinforce invasion armies like you can with your armadas w/ the fleet management screen.

Clicking on each planet to train armies and then having to go back and shift click them all to group em is super tedious.

Best reason to play machine empires. The mega warforms are the strongest non-event army in the game, so I just build 30 of them and have a stack that can assault any planet out there.

The shroud army is the best in the game, but is extremely limited in number, and super rng dependent on top of that.

And yes, it does take forever to get the minerals to build 30 of the things, but it's so drat worth it.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Eh, again, it isnt that a decapitation attack could happen, and did happen, its that because it is a scripted event there is nothing the players could do to prevent it from happening in the first place. Additionally, we had prepared well, but because it is a scripted event that is overwhelmingly powerful, our preparedness didnt matter.

My point is that you really did not. If those habitats and shipyards had been distributed, you wouldn't have lost them all at once, and you could have fought on. It also sounds like you were relying hugely on static defenses to stop hostile fleets which is pretty questionable.

And there absolutely are things you can do to prevent the event from happening, as everyone has pointed out, you just don't want to do it.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Bloodly posted:

"What's with all these messages about a ghost signal? I'm trying to vassalize a rival over here."

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

PittTheElder posted:

My point is that you really did not. If those habitats and shipyards had been distributed, you wouldn't have lost them all at once, and you could have fought on. It also sounds like you were relying hugely on static defenses to stop hostile fleets which is pretty questionable.
I'm not trying to die on this hill but I can tell you that we did, in fact, prepare well. Again, yes, maybe some things were suboptimal, but my point is what is "fun" or "challenging" about an unavoidable/unstopped a scripted event removing a planet from the game before a shot is fired? And destroying a station, taking a gate system, and plopping an absolutely massive amount of fleet power onto the fleet defending said system? And this system spawns more massive fleets at a high rate . If those habitats were spread out they all would have bought it, just maybe a few weeks later, and it would not have made a difference. We were not "relying hugely" on static defenses (you really cant) but the point is that it was not a threat from outside, or a threat that is preventable, because it is a scripted event. It would be one thing, and I would be impressed, if the AI used jump drives to hop past our chokepoint defenses, but oh hey, its a scripted event that just transforms a fully developed world full of 24 pops into spacedust because it says so. A big part of my problem here is, as previously stated, the verisimilitude of million of robots go to and hanging out in an inhabited system and transforming a heavily populated world into a machine world from the inside out with no player agency.

I mean I could go into paragraphs of detail about how we were st up and what happened, but this whole topic has not been about how bad I am at the game; the whole point of me posting about this has been "I think that the way that the Contingency spawning works sucks, oh and I wish the game had a setting that let us turn *just* the contingency off ". My friends and I feel that we wasted three nights of play on what was ultimately a fruitless endeavor because the RNG decided to let a random scripted event caused some bullshit to happen. We each had other shipyards, gates, mineral reserves, and additional well fit anti-contingency fleets, along with a large anti-contingency federation fleet. But those things didnt matter because of a scripted event causing something really stupid to happen. As I said before, we had beaten the Contingency before and part of why we didnt bother trying to "tough it out" was because we had hoped for a different end-game crises anyway and RNG super bullshit sucks.

PittTheElder posted:

And there absolutely are things you can do to prevent the event from happening, as everyone has pointed out, you just don't want to do it.
You can stop the Contingency from happening? Please tell me how and also point out where others have stated that you can. Oh you are saying "turn off all end-game crises". Right, yeah, see above.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jun 27, 2018

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

PittTheElder posted:

It also sounds like you were relying hugely on static defenses to stop hostile fleets which is pretty questionable.

Some of my favorite sci-fi battles involved huge fleets attacking a heavily fortified station. Babylon 5 versus the Earthforce loyalists or Deep Space 9 holding off the Klingons/dominion. I wish in the lategame it was practical to have a handful of huge fuckoff titan level space fortifications protecting key systems.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Soylent Pudding posted:

Some of my favorite sci-fi battles involved huge fleets attacking a heavily fortified station. Babylon 5 versus the Earthforce loyalists or Deep Space 9 holding off the Klingons/dominion. I wish in the lategame it was practical to have a handful of huge fuckoff titan level space fortifications protecting key systems.

A Citadel that's fully kitted out for defense with the max number of defense stations can have 40k-ish fleet power, enough to hold off all but the strongest fleets.

The NSC mod has an extra-tier space station that's supposed to be even stronger than that. Think I'm gonna give that mod another try.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A maxed out citadel with ion cannon platforms, range upgrade, extra defense platform system, shield dampener and the disengage reducer can both add a hefty 40-45k firepower and seriously reduce damage done to your own defensive fleets. I really like this layout, I just wish it was possible to set up a blueprint for what you want a star port to upgrade to over time.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Captain Invictus posted:

A maxed out citadel with ion cannon platforms, range upgrade, extra defense platform system, shield dampener and the disengage reducer can both add a hefty 40-45k firepower and seriously reduce damage done to your own defensive fleets. I really like this layout, I just wish it was possible to set up a blueprint for what you want a star port to upgrade to over time.
This is what I like to do on chokepoints and yes it would be super nice.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Speaking of defense platforms - what compositions do you guys use? My lazy solution is "zap everything with lightning" but maybe there's an advantage to using torpedo platforms or something.

Sucks that platforms are now limited to two sections, I'd like to mix in some PD but I don't want 50% of my platforms to be PD and I don't want to have to count to see if any PD type platforms got destroyed after a battle either.

Fojar38
Sep 2, 2011

Sorry I meant to say I hope that the police use maximum force and kill or maim a bunch of innocent people, thus paving a way for a proletarian uprising and socialist utopia

also here's a stupid take
---------------------------->
You can prepare as a highly centralized "tall" empire. It involves counterbuilding and treating every one of your systems as a potential ground zero for a crisis and building a bunch of citadels that you can use as a giant hit and run fuckchain in that event. Knowing how to counterbuild against each crisis also helps.

That being said, it is possible to get so unlucky that the crisis effectively ends your game, but that doesn't bother me because who gives a gently caress about winning Stellaris

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Vengarr posted:

A Citadel that's fully kitted out for defense with the max number of defense stations can have 40k-ish fleet power, enough to hold off all but the strongest fleets.

The NSC mod has an extra-tier space station that's supposed to be even stronger than that. Think I'm gonna give that mod another try.

That mod sounds relevant to me. 40K fleet power isn't that much when fleets of 70-90k are being thrown around.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

isndl posted:

Speaking of defense platforms - what compositions do you guys use? My lazy solution is "zap everything with lightning" but maybe there's an advantage to using torpedo platforms or something.

Sucks that platforms are now limited to two sections, I'd like to mix in some PD but I don't want 50% of my platforms to be PD and I don't want to have to count to see if any PD type platforms got destroyed after a battle either.
I dont have a screenshot handy but I like having PD platforms too, so I name my platforms according to what I put on the two sections. So I have one that is "PD + SM" for one section with PD and one with Small guns. You can see a list of what platforms you have built by clicking on the station and going to that tab, I think? I just make sure to have like...one of those PD platforms for every four total platforms I am going to build. Stations only get Medium guns so I usually mix PD, SM, and LG (large) guns on my platforms (percentage of which depends on how far along the game is). Oh and I guess sprinkle Missiles in to taste? I like having missile platforms in systems I know I wont hold against a fleet but where I still want to do some damage and/or potentially kill stragglers that try to pass through.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jun 27, 2018

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Soylent Pudding posted:

That mod sounds relevant to me. 40K fleet power isn't that much when fleets of 70-90k are being thrown around.

Someone was posting last page about having multiple 1 mil+ fleets thanks to NSC ship types so I doubt the relative power of bastions is really going to keep up. I have never used NSC though.

Fojar38
Sep 2, 2011

Sorry I meant to say I hope that the police use maximum force and kill or maim a bunch of innocent people, thus paving a way for a proletarian uprising and socialist utopia

I watched a youtube video of maxed out crises and the Unbidden had multiple 1m+ fleets but I don't know if any mods were being used.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Aethernet posted:

On the other hand literally every other thing in the game works completely differently such that it's a very good idea to centralize your empire away from anything that might threaten your production base?

Like when the entire game is built around strict travel rules and territory control mechanics dictating how things play out, it's very silly to have one massively dangerous thing that also completely ignores them.

You could certainly have things which alter them, but just "hey here's a bunch of really powerful fleets that I spawned on top of you have fun!" is the most lazy design imaginable, it wouldn't fly in any other game. Even games that do teleport enemies in do it in a careful, planned out way. The new doom wouldn't be fun if it just teleported 20 barons of hell on top of the player character instead of having actual well paced arena fights.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 27, 2018

Fojar38
Sep 2, 2011

I try to have multiple hubs with shipyards spread out over my territory so that I'll always have one to fall back to. It helps with power projection too since fleets can be reinforced more easily or stationed where they're most likely to be needed.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Multiple fleet bases are sensible but I don't think you really need more than one shipyard for most of the game, because you shouldn't be losing that many ships. And given the stupidity of the reinforcement system queuing up things at random yards it's very much preferred to only one one heavily developed shipyard almost all the time if you want to minimize logistical headaches wondering why it's taking twenty years to build a new fleet because the game decided they all needed to be built at a single slipway refit yard at the arse end of your empire.

Fojar38
Sep 2, 2011

The game has always picked the closest shipyard for me and sometimes I lose a lot of Corvettes in an unfavorable engagement, or if I'm using hit and run tactics against a crisis.

What's really weird about the fleet reinforcement mechanic is that the fleet manager often reinforces fleets that don't exist and if any reinforcements get interdicted it becomes a massive headache again so I try to do it close.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It seems to like the closest one but that usually means you have to retreat the fleet back there if you want to reinforce it which is extremely stupid because it completely defeats the point of the reinforcement button.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I always play as wide as possible, right now I've got like 200 planets and 85 starports of varying sizes with my determined exterminators, there's a section of space to my south where I've got just a grueling minefield of full gun platform citadels about four deep, an enemy fleet of 75k tried plowing through and chewed through two before disintegrating against the third one, then I just went and recaptured them after. Elsewhere I have six shipyard platforms with 6x shipyards each, which just vomit out ships at an absurd rate, to the point that I can build a full fleet in half a year or less. But those also come equipped with maximum defense platforms with them to help them survive long enough for me to get to defend them.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

If you had prepared well this conversation would be you talking about how you beat the endgame crisis and not complaining about how you weren't prepared for it. It's not like there's zero warning, you get some pop-ups at least for the contingency and the unbidden do warn you about Dangerous Technology. I think you get event messages for the bugs as well.

With all that being said my dream expansion would allow you a way to dump resources into fighting the endgame crisis before it pops up with events that let you interact with it and alter its character. Ignoring the crisis would be an impossible catastrophe,but dumping resources into it would make it easier; maybe by giving them a penalty in your sectors or letting you research specialized weapons against them.

Imo rethinking the endgame crisis from 'endgame crisis' to part of the narrative of the galaxy is an ideal way to help with the midgame doldrums.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

It seems to like the closest one but that usually means you have to retreat the fleet back there if you want to reinforce it which is extremely stupid because it completely defeats the point of the reinforcement button.

You...don't? The reinforcements will just come straight to your fleet, from the closest station.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I only have problems with ships being built at dumb shipyards when I'm making one from scratch. Even if you set the home system it'll use basically every shipyard available which can totally suck before you have gates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi
I built all farms on that event size 25 Gaia world with the +20% food attribute, is that a good idea or did I waste a Gaia world. If it matters I’ll never have to build another farm again and my empire is growing like crazy with something like +30 food