Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

ex post facho posted:

cool so public sector unions are megadead now i guess

nah, police unions ain't going nowhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
the janus ruling is the succ, ocasio-cortez is the anti-succ

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

loquacius posted:

Stop trolling

The idpol vs ecpol dichotomy is wicked false, everybody ITT knows it's false, we've been saying for literal years it's false false false

Justice is justice

there are sadly a few who do not grasp this fact, and believe that noticing injustices based on identity markers is forever tainted by its association with the dreaded lib.

fortunately they are both few in number and fairly easy to shut up

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

the curse of the pharaohs can be so deadly
destroying your future
makin' it all shady

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 9 minutes!

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

well now faced with total destruction maybe we'll see a radicalization in unions

the first thing youre going to see is all of the public sector pension funds collapse at once

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1011977117905702913

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/CountCaleb/status/1011803320489562112

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
which is really really bad news for ta-da republican voting districts

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

it's nice to go from the dnd losers waiting about how this proves nothing to the gamer brigade whining about how this proves nothing

:jerkbag:

Idpol sucks, your queen sucks and you suck. Get rekt baddem.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

fon javreau

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
boy howdy, I wish Obama had used that banked political capital on card check instead of a $1 billion Netflix deal.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

which is really really bad news for ta-da republican voting districts
i don't think republicans dominate public sector workers, unless you mean the degradation in public services

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Honestly JFavs isn't 100% wrong here

It's tough to thread the needle of being Mad Enough about the poo poo we're doing wrong while being inspiring and hopeful about how we can still make it right, but AOC managed it, Berno managed it, anyone who wants to win on the left needs to manage it

there are sadly a few who do not grasp this fact, and believe that noticing injustices based on identity markers is forever tainted by its association with the dreaded lib.

fortunately they are both few in number and fairly easy to shut up

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

:jerkbag:

Idpol sucks, your queen sucks and you suck. Get rekt baddem.

Can the two of you just have this argument somewhere else, nobody else wants to have it

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

loquacius posted:

Honestly JFavs isn't 100% wrong here

It's tough to thread the needle of being Mad Enough about the poo poo we're doing wrong while being inspiring and hopeful about how we can still make it right, but AOC managed it, Berno managed it, anyone who wants to win on the left needs to manage it

it's just a dumb concealed civility take

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Karl Barks posted:

it's just a dumb concealed civility take

In the context of who the speaker is, yeah probably I guess

If you're just mad all the time and that's it you end up being Levi Sanders though

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

loquacius posted:

Can the two of you just have this argument somewhere else, nobody else wants to have it

THE DEM ZONE! means tested mild takes only

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
im loling at people twisting themselves into a pretzel to assert that o'casio gshock's victory was because of destiny demographics

jesus gently caress, being a political consultant has to be the easiest loving gig in the world

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
punching nazis is idpol, and idpol rules

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Phone posted:

im loling at people twisting themselves into a pretzel to assert that o'casio gshock's victory was because of destiny demographics

jesus gently caress, being a political consultant has to be the easiest loving gig in the world

why do you think Dems do it instead of win elections?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation

rudatron posted:

i don't think republicans dominate public sector workers, unless you mean the degradation in public services

a lot of retirees live in those districts and a lot of retirees were public sector workers back before privatization and tax cuts devastated the public sector

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

loquacius posted:

In the context of who the speaker is, yeah probably I guess

If you're just mad all the time and that's it you end up being Levi Sanders though

*7 minutes after the ap calls it*

"wow what a great political ad this broad has"

- jonny favstar, obama speechwriter and a high ranking consultant on mother's campaign, june 26, 2018

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Phone posted:

"uh, we meant to do that," says man desperately trying to justify continued existence

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

punching nazis is idpol, and idpol rules

https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1007389607976108032

Watch this and see what Alexandria thinks about idpol (hint it's bad)

Also everyone should watch it anyway.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Dirk Pitt posted:

THE DEM ZONE! means tested mild takes only

We just had our biggest victory in a long time and I really don't wanna sit through two or three people slapfighting over What Kind Of -Pol Caused This

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Phone posted:

Minorities are hive minds who all vote for whatever looks like themselves out of a primitive sense of tribalism. Only white people have genuine politics.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Phone posted:

*7 minutes after the ap calls it*

"wow what a great political ad this broad has"

- jonny favstar, obama speechwriter and a high ranking consultant on mother's campaign, june 26, 2018

I was chuckling pretty hard when that hit my feed.

TBH I'm a little wary of Iron Stache for having been on the Pod Save's and being spotted early. I hope I'm wrong for having this bad feeling.

The distinct lack of EMILY's list support also makes me all the happier. they're just a gate keeper and need to go the way of the dinosaur.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I’m mad as hell

not about the Ocasio keyboard tho, she rules.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

loquacius posted:

We just had our biggest victory in a long time and I really don't wanna sit through two or three people slapfighting over What Kind Of -Pol Caused This

:yeah:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Minorities are hive minds who all vote for whatever looks like themselves out of a primitive sense of tribalism. Only white people have genuine politics.

Minorities need to be shepherded to the promised-land by out of touch old white women to own the bernie bros.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

loquacius posted:

grassroots, door knocking, yard signs -Pol caused this.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Dirk Pitt posted:

It's just called policy, something democrats don't have so I understand why some people itt can't understand it.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

It's just called policy, something democrats don't have so I understand why some people itt can't understand it.

:yeah: this

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dirk Pitt posted:

TBH I'm a little wary of Iron Stache for having been on the Pod Save's and being spotted early. I hope I'm wrong for having this bad feeling.

The distinct lack of EMILY's list support also makes me all the happier. they're just a gate keeper and need to go the way of the dinosaur.

Bryce was running in the Speaker's own district and also made a huge splash for his first impression, it's not unusual that there'd be more eyes on WI-01 than on other districts.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
They aren't mutually exclusive.

I can be hopeful in progressive policies becoming more mainstream, but also relish in throwing bad dems out on their rear end. Campaigning on both is alot better for turnout then one or the other.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

Bryce was running in the Speaker's own district and also made a huge splash for his first impression, it's not unusual that there'd be more eyes on WI-01 than on other districts.

The worst case for Iron Stache is that you get a business friendly left-liberal instead of Paul Ryan. Or I guess the worst case is that Paul Ryan wins anyway.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

SKULL.GIF posted:

I hope this is the case. Sincerely do.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Dirk Pitt posted:

This I can get behind

Probably Congressional primaries are the best opportunity we have to effect change with grassroots campaigns, because it's a lot easier to mobilize one district than an entire state

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The worst case for Iron Stache is that you get a business friendly left-liberal instead of Paul Ryan. Or I guess the worst case is that Paul Ryan wins anyway.

Paul ryan isnt running again afaik

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Agean90 posted:

Paul ryan isnt running again afaik

making it easy for when

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acT_PSAZ7BQ

comes to town?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Dirk Pitt posted:

IronStache has called for abolishing ICE, and Cathy Myers has specifically distanced herself from that position.

• Locked thread