Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
With this decorum take, I think we can all agree that Bernie is the pragmatic compromise candidate for 2020. Line up and vote for the pragmatic compromise, centrists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Small business owners: Literally vampire traitors of the working class
Also Small business owners: Can do whatever they want it's their right

90s Rememberer
Nov 30, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Ace of Baes posted:

which 2020 contender do you think will have a less imperialist FP?

bernie if ya'll we're down with actually pushing him to do better instead of crying that he's still the best candidate when someone says "we should use our votes as leverage to make him do better"

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
send bernie to the hague

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

90s Rememberer posted:

bernie if ya'll we're down with actually pushing him to do better instead of crying that he's still the best candidate when someone says "we should use our votes as leverage to make him do better"

This is some seriously misdirected anger but the meltdown is pretty nice

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Change SCOTUS nomination so each president gets 1 pick per term. There’s no ceiling as to how many justices there can be in the Supreme Court so let’s keep adding them. If they retire/die they just chug along with whoever is left.

90s Rememberer
Nov 30, 2017

by R. Guyovich

loquacius posted:

This is some seriously misdirected anger but the meltdown is pretty nice

oh i forgot we aren't supposed to care about things, we live in a postmodernist hellhole where calling for politicians to be better is baby brained and deifying a nazi apologist is actually the "right" thing to do

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

90s Rememberer posted:

do you think melting down in the cspam subforum of the d&d subforum of the something awful forums is going to affect Bernie

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

90s Rememberer posted:

if your vote is swayed by people defending bernie itt from your dumb thoughts, well, thats dumb

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

the right thing to do would be to not have a president, but hey, you cant always get what you want

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Huge that Whitehouse is committing to killing enough Republican Senators to deny them a quorum

I wonder if this will get as much coverage as Maxine Waters

90s Rememberer
Nov 30, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Ace of Baes posted:

do you think melting down in the cspam subforum of the d&d subforum of the something awful forums is going to affect Bernie

there's not really much more I can do than call, email, unsub from our revolution and commit to protesting him the next time he makes a public appearance (well, nothing more that I won't get banned for discussing here at least)

i encourage ya'll to do the same instead of defending st bernard with your all your heart

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

90s Rememberer posted:

unsub from our revolution

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

90s Rememberer posted:

there's not really much more I can do than call, email, unsub from our revolution and commit to protesting him the next time he makes a public appearance

i encourage ya'll to do the same instead of defending st bernard with your all your heart

Hmmm, gonna take a different approach and continue organizing and making abolish ICE a more mainstream position than crying about it on a dead gay forum

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
a cuck'ed phrase

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

90s Rememberer posted:

there's not really much more I can do than call, email, unsub from our revolution and commit to protesting him the next time he makes a public appearance (well, nothing more that I won't get banned for discussing here at least)

sucks to be dumb

90s Rememberer
Nov 30, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Ace of Baes posted:

Hmmm, gonna take a different approach and continue organizing and making abolish ICE a more mainstream position than crying about it on a dead gay forum

i'm able to multitask, sorry about your tunnelvisionitis

why are you even posting here? get out and organize!

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/bernie-sanders-defends-sarah-sanders-people-have-a-right-to-go-to-a-restaurant-for-dinner/

Looking at the video the only thing he really said was he doesn't like shouting down/being rude to people and that their efforts would be better suited for more grassroots political action than that. When pushed he said people have a right to go into a restaurant to dine.

With the context of the media and how Bernie Sanders has experienced the tactics of the media it's a rather neutral response. He did not condemn the actual kicking out of people, just that he doesn't like it and that he understands the anger and wants it to be mobilized like it was for recent progressive elections.

Anyone running around surprised at his answer either doesn't understand how exactly the media works or how Bernie says/doesn't say things in those situations

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

this is more like it

It's the bare minimum. I remember seeing videos of fistfights in the Taiwanese parliament.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

90s Rememberer posted:

spend more time on that poo poo and less time on posting here. you’re loving obnoxious

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Ace of Baes posted:

same, but instead of bernie replace it with "anything at all"

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
*in the Tommy just won a half a million brake pads guys voice*

Alexandria Ocasio Cortez is my representative!

90s Rememberer
Nov 30, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Matt Zerella posted:

Alexandria Ocasio Cortez is my representative!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/sadydoyle/status/1012066344714596353

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mister Fister posted:

It's the bare minimum. I remember seeing videos of fistfights in the Taiwanese parliament.

kosovo parliament supremacy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39aDkdRAwW8

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Change SCOTUS nomination so each president gets 1 pick per term. There’s no ceiling as to how many justices there can be in the Supreme Court so let’s keep adding them. If they retire/die they just chug along with whoever is left.

better idea: abolish the supreme court.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Why is Sanders defending :shehuck: lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

logikv9 posted:

same, but instead of bernie replace it with "anything at all"

also replace melting down with anything at all tia

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
"I think people have the right to dine in a restaurant"

:master: dunk!!! Small business owners will never recover from this massive own!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Thoguh posted:

With this decorum take, I think we can all agree that Bernie is the pragmatic compromise candidate for 2020. Line up and vote for the pragmatic compromise, centrists.

sanders has always been the pragmatic compromise. the best case scenario for dem nomination is senator harris

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

do you think anything at all is going to affect anything at all

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Dady Soyle

90s Rememberer
Nov 30, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Al! posted:

welcome to the postmodernist reality we live in

it's nothing matters the whole way down

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

non newtonian politics

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
if NBC didn't call the election before california he would've won the 76% or whatever percentage necessary to win, it's true

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

people have a fundamental right to dine in restaurants even if they cannot afford to. all restaurants should be free and open to all. a good take.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

let's put this to bed. Bernie is fine as a compromise because at WORST you end up in the center. Hillary and baddems are not fine as a compromise because at WORST you end up on the right.

it's good that we are giving him poo poo for the :decorum: and ICE issues. holding him accountable instead of yassss kweening him is good.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Al! posted:

no lol

but we should still try

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i can't believe sanders said that thing about sanders about sanders eating and that sanders did that thing it's incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

sarah huckabee sanders will be able to eat in the reeducation camp canteen, as is her right

• Locked thread