Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'm the weirdo who wants to minimize mess and waste by eating boneless BBQ with dry rub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm the weirdo who wants to minimize mess and waste by eating boneless BBQ with dry rub.

The mess is half the fun!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The mess is half the fun!

true of both food and sex

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

RFC2324 posted:

true of both food and sex

:yeah:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Shifty Nipples posted:

I prefer barbecue to BBQ.

(Unsheathes katana)

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

More like oldbladeless

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Krankenstyle posted:

is this idiocy an sa saga?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR0SCOj57sY

anyway it has its moments

Everyone deals with grief and tragedy in their own way. this was SA's way.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

eastern NC barbecue is the one true cue and everything else is bullshit for idiots (especially Alabama, goddamn kid)

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

eastern NC barbecue is the one true cue and everything else is bullshit for idiots (especially Alabama, goddamn kid)

My mother’s a Baptist minister, and she wouldn’t scrub her rear end with eastern North Carolina barbecue.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

You called barbecue just "cue", so I think your barbecue opinions can be safely discarded.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

oldpainless posted:

(Unsheathes katana)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRhRNgqPlyk

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

My mother’s a Baptist minister, and she wouldn’t scrub her rear end with eastern North Carolina barbecue.

we don't care what the woods people think. Alabama is chock full of baptists and they slop mayonnaise on chicken for some reason.

Leavemywife posted:

You called barbecue just "cue", so I think your barbecue opinions can be safely discarded.

we've evolved beyond your perception

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

Beans in chili is fine in moderation. Like you should get 1 bean per 2-3 spoonfuls.

Same but cinnamon in chili.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Preach it. :hfive:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Your mother’s never scrubbed her rear end a day in her life.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Desk Lamp
Jun 30, 2014

My Lovely Horse posted:

nice one

I'm pretty certain on the mice, though, cause it was a cute story and ants aren't as cute as mice. Plus they're plenty smart enough as it is and build some pretty complex stuff, but it's the creepy sort of insect intelligence that if you did allow it to build a city behind your furnace you'd end up as a living mushroom farm.

The thread Not Evans is referring to was called Ant Problem and if there was one with mice then one of them is definitely a ripoff of the other.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

RFC2324 posted:

Having posted here before 2.0, but only a year or 2 before that(I can never remember exactly when the change happened) I'm inclined to say that the mods drove off the good posters before that with things like banning for poor punctuation and grammar, then GBS 2.0 drove off the people who thought that having GBS overly rule bound(and hive mind oriented) was a good thing.

That GBS immediately prior to the bloody halloween nearly drove me off the site. It was pretty bad.

I think this thread is a perfect encapsulation of the difference between GBS1.0 and 2.0. It was a slow, steady drip of content that had been running since '09. A 52 page thread from mid 2010 to October 2013 - and then another 50 pages from October 30 - December 13 as everyone rushed to get their epic burns and sweet dunks in. Catharsis! Finally out from the boots of the mods, funny jokes were made! For, you know, a month and a half. And uh... that's the end of the story. Thread closed. Goons had their fun. Content creator left - never to return.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

sunken fleet posted:

I think this thread is a perfect encapsulation of the difference between GBS1.0 and 2.0. It was a slow, steady drip of content that had been running since '09. A 52 page thread from mid 2010 to October 2013 - and then another 50 pages from October 30 - December 13 as everyone rushed to get their epic burns and sweet dunks in. Catharsis! Finally out from the boots of the mods, funny jokes were made! For, you know, a month and a half. And uh... that's the end of the story. Thread closed. Goons had their fun. Content creator left - never to return.

yes, how can we ever live without such fantastic content

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

sunken fleet posted:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

sunken fleet posted:

hellbastard sucked and I'm glad he's gone

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

sunken fleet posted:

Hellbastard being thrown to the wolves and summarily torn apart was the funniest thing that came out of the transition. His le epic egotistical pirate shtick had been tired since 2006, and the mods locked him in with the posters and threw away the key.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Both gbs were bad and unreadable in their own special way :angel:

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

Eox posted:

Hellbastard being thrown to the wolves and summarily torn apart was the funniest thing that came out of the transition. His le epic egotistical pirate shtick had been tired since 2006, and the mods locked him in with the posters and threw away the key.

I agree it was funny. I wasn't casting a judgement, I just felt it was a good representation of what happened.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

can't get that thread to load on mobile. guess it deserved to die :commissar:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
It's good when "content creators" that create poo poo like hellbastard gently caress off

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

sunken fleet posted:

I agree it was funny. I wasn't casting a judgement, I just felt it was a good representation of what happened.

coward

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

oh my god it's hellbastard's parachute account

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Not a subtle username

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

from flying skull to crying skull...

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Wait seriously

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
Hellbastard was nothing but a pile of edge. Rape jokes all the way down. There was content after he was gone like Dropsy, Microbe and Red/Yellow/Blue that were actually good.

purple death ray posted:

Wait seriously

i doubt it, not nearly smarmy enough

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I liked Changes.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i don't know whether that's actually hellbastard's parachute account

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
Of course not I didn't even read his stupid comic and it took me like 10 minutes of googling to find his stupid thread.

gently caress off its legitimately a great little time capsule. Go read the thread yourself and see the massive shift in tone between pages 51 and 53. Its funny. Its just also brief.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

quote:

lol

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

sunken fleet posted:

gently caress off its legitimately a great little time capsule. Go read the thread yourself and see the massive shift in tone between pages 51 and 53. Its funny. Its just also brief.

you called hellbastard a "content creator" driven off by newgbs mockery then immediately backpedaled when people said he sucked. have some god drat conviction for petes sake

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Good things about GBS 2.0: Hellbastard went away

Bad things about GBS 2.0: Approximately 800,000 threads a day for six months that were all titled "WOW NEW EVIDENCE LIBERAL TRANNY GET OWNED DOOBIE DOG CLICK HERE"

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

Stexils posted:

you called hellbastard a "content creator" driven off by newgbs mockery then immediately backpedaled when people said he sucked. have some god drat conviction for petes sake

uh. i didn't retract the statement that he was a content creator that was driven off. That is, objectively speaking, what happened. He was a guy who made things on the site for years with a legion of simpering sycophants telling him how great he was, then GBS2.0 happened he got driven off and a different league of simpering backpatters cropped up to continually congratulate themselves on a job well done for getting rid of him. Speaking as someone who wouldn't count myself in either group, I will admit that - 5 years later - I would probably value someone who actually creates things other than sick burns more than the occasional offhand comment years later about how great that one time was when everyone teamed up to destroy the :hb:, but I don't feel strongly enough about to "have some god drat conviction".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

FactsAreUseless posted:

Good things about GBS 2.0: Hellbastard went away

Bad things about GBS 2.0: Approximately 800,000 threads a day for six months that were all titled "WOW NEW EVIDENCE LIBERAL TRANNY GET OWNED DOOBIE DOG CLICK HERE"

Won't someone think of the content creators?