Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Verviticus posted:

its good and probably has been for a while. the real problem with it is that its trivial to make a completely worthless or even detrimental teleport, whereas its harder to do that with combat summoners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCrG2F-9-ik&t=89s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i like the idea of TP but at my elo my suicidal full ap syndra support needs heal to die one less time every four minutes

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Ok ya I've come round to it. It felt like Lucian would want combat summs, but I guess he is a solid split pusher too.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

another thing to consider is teleport is active in 4.5 seconds to recalls 8, and is only interrupted by CC. so it actually makes for a great get out of jail free card, and if you get jumped by 4 goons teleporting to the opposite lane can let you continue farming/pushing with very little risk to your life if you play your cards right. teleport is an extremely flexible summoner spell if you use it properly

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Idiots in solo queue also love constantly going all in with TP as their ADC summoner spell despite the enemy having a heal and ignite vs. just the ignite.

Then they tp in again to feed straight away.

In other words, when you take TP you basically announce to everyone in the game you are not going to fight but farm, unless you are stupid and decide that you will fight when you have no heal summoner.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
the same logic applies to top lane and the way to use that successfully is to just aggressively trade until you're both kinda on the ropes, push and tp with an item and a huge health/mana advantage and use it to gently caress with them

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Yeah, it's a versatile spell for sure. I've been hearing about the meta rather than playing in it for a bit, and I thought lanes would still want kill pressure/all-in defense from heal given all the weird combos I've been hearing about, but just wanting to be able to play passively and get back to lane makes a lot of sense into something weird too. Maybe off meta bottom lanes are also less common in like plat and below than in diamond? I've only played a few games, but haven't seen any yet.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Fwiw i see one minimum in almost every game atm in mid/high plat. I've laned with a lot of Brands as Fiddlesticks.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
If early game is so important now, doesn't it make sense to take TP and get back to lane ASAP, esp since the item advantages are bigger than the pressure from ignite?

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=mbo

Just played with this "interesting" player who is certainly not getting boosted at the moment. They just conveniently have played 20 games in a row of Quinn with a 65% winrate (they were actually real bad in this game, but that's besides the point) after having literally never played the champion before in ranked in any of the last like, four or five years.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=mbo

Just played with this "interesting" player who is certainly not getting boosted at the moment. They just conveniently have played 20 games in a row of Quinn with a 65% winrate (they were actually real bad in this game, but that's besides the point) after having literally never played the champion before in ranked in any of the last like, four or five years.

If they're paying for a boost, they should get their money back. I can't think of a boosting service on the planet that would use Quinn ADC and have CS/KDA numbers as mediocre as that. They look like a Platinum player who decided to play a new champ that isn't mechanically intensive and had a hot streak of lucky games.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
I guess I don't really think they're paying for a boost, I'd guess it's someone playing on another person's account. As someone who has both done this before and had other people do with them before, it fits that pattern. I have friends who had literally never played Fizz in ranked and then mysteriously one season had like 9 wins and 0 losses on Fizz because I got bored and wanted to play with my low elo friends rather than queue up for the hell that is SoloQ.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

I guess I don't really think they're paying for a boost, I'd guess it's someone playing on another person's account. As someone who has both done this before and had other people do with them before, it fits that pattern. I have friends who had literally never played Fizz in ranked and then mysteriously one season had like 9 wins and 0 losses on Fizz because I got bored and wanted to play with my low elo friends rather than queue up for the hell that is SoloQ.

It's definitely a possibility. Still, I don't think it's too weird. 22 games is an incredibly small sample size, and they've already got experience playing ADC with Jhin. Quinn is far more a matter of good positioning and knowing how to maximize your roams than any skill beyond last hitting and attack moving.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Anyways, in non-boosting news, 8.13's PBE cycle is winding down with preliminary notes at S@20. This one features new Aatrox, the Darius/Garen legendaries, the new in-game cursor (!!!!), and some various balance changes. Early snowball is being reduced a tad with another hit to global outer turret gold, reduced early death timers, and a reintroduction of 2-kill bounties. Fizz is getting a slight revert on his W so that it's easier to pop people. Kindred's getting her heal back in a modified form, so expect to see her pop up a little more. Nunu/Karthus funnel is effectively dead in the water, though you might still see Taric/Yi and Kai'Sa/Braum depending on if they sneak any last-minute nerfs into the official patch notes.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
People were asking about non-meta games, I just participated in the greatest shitshow game of all time, sadly not recorded on Op.gg, a game that was so fun that all 10 players were talking in /all about how it was the most fun game they'd possibly ever played.

https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2812389370/42027233?tab=overview

Veigar/Ziggs is a loving hellish combo, to be sure.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Erdricks posted:

If early game is so important now, doesn't it make sense to take TP and get back to lane ASAP, esp since the item advantages are bigger than the pressure from ignite?

if you dont get killed by a level 2 all in, sure. using tp in the bot lane requires better positioning than normal and it requires that your lane partner explicitly understand you dont have a combat summoner, and at certain elos i wouldnt expect to survive either situation without getting question mark pinged and yelled at after my lane partner feeds.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

People were asking about non-meta games, I just participated in the greatest shitshow game of all time, sadly not recorded on Op.gg, a game that was so fun that all 10 players were talking in /all about how it was the most fun game they'd possibly ever played.

https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2812389370/42027233?tab=overview

Veigar/Ziggs is a loving hellish combo, to be sure.

it will be recorded by the league client though

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

Verviticus posted:

it will be recorded by the league client though

How can I share it from the League client? I downloaded it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you cant share videos from the league client last i knew but you could just spectate it while using recording software. it saves in some goofy format if i recall, if you can fix that or figure out something else just upload it to youtube i guess.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
The replays are just like special files that re-input everything to the client to re-run the game, but they only work on the patch they were recorded on. It takes less memory than actual video and lets you replay the games you want to record instead of recording everything just in case. So download the replay, launch it, and use fraps or plays.tv or something.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
New Aatrox looks completely insufferable: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iiGWVhUqLA

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

New Aatrox looks completely insufferable: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iiGWVhUqLA

this is the worst thing phreak has done

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

pog boyfriend posted:

this is the worst thing phreak has done

an extremely high bar for an extremely terrible caster

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Detailed stats has hit PBE: https://boards.pbe.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/client-new-features-feedback/WFzyEppU-pbe-bugs-and-feedback-thread-stats-on-pbe

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Just in time to compete with Mobalytics

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The new Samsung skins look really nice

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

RealFoxy posted:

The new Samsung skins look really nice

I like the gnar recall

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

that teamfight in the end just makes new aatrox look like bad darius. nice of the guy playing xerath to just stand still and not react to him walking up at all.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Man, I had some hopes for Aatrox but... I have to bitch about him.

He just feels awful to play as. He feels super clunky, and I think it all stems from his Q animations taking way too long to play out, you stopping dead in your tracks during the animations x3, and the joke dash being the length of a gamers dick that you are supposed to use to land Q. I would say the cage thing is his worst ability, but there's some stiff competition here. It feels incredibly ineffective because it gets blocked by minions, and if you do land it everyone just walks out of the cage. The cage is also a loving eyesore but that doesn't really matter. The dash is a joke basically, just something they had to throw in to try and make Q work better, but then also they had to attach the lifesteal passive, damage boost and 2 charges to the dash itself to justify it's existence on it's own. Surprisingly enough, you can go over most walls even though the indicator for it clearly states otherwise. Could be a bug honestly.

Ultimate is pretty good, and so is the passive. I was expecting the passive's range increase to be at least twice or thrice as long as it is now though. You can barely tell you have increased range.

Jungle clears take slightly longer BUT there is no blood well juggling so in that sense it's better. I feel like ganks from the jungle are worse off though because of how clunky and precise your Q + E needs to be and gap closing is next to nonexistent. I think he'll fare fairly well top because he has no mana to worry about, and his damage is out of control if you do manage to land everything.

tldr: He is a total clunkfest but he does poo poo out damage like no tomorrow if the stars align.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

that post is clunky my man. the champ has a bunch of blinks and dashes

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Stay cool.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
NOT A REAL POTION Time Warp Tonic no longer grants movement speed during Insanity Potion

Wow, I didn't realize it worked like that.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I can already see some silly programming shortcut like how the rune just checked whether a status effect had the word "potion" in it. Kinda like that time Cassiopeia's E would interact with Singed/Teemo poisons.

E: Oh wait that's actually still in the game lol.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Those God King skins look cool

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Dancer posted:

Kinda like that time Cassiopeia's E would interact with Singed/Teemo poisons.

E: Oh wait that's actually still in the game lol.

This is working as intended.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I know it's intended, but that doesn't make it not stupid.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

So how are people building Aatrox right now, in terms of what his new build looks like? I'm trying him out now and seeing what's good.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Gortarius posted:

Man, I had some hopes for Aatrox but... I have to bitch about him.

He just feels awful to play as. He feels super clunky, and I think it all stems from his Q animations taking way too long to play out, you stopping dead in your tracks during the animations x3, and the joke dash being the length of a gamers dick that you are supposed to use to land Q. I would say the cage thing is his worst ability, but there's some stiff competition here. It feels incredibly ineffective because it gets blocked by minions, and if you do land it everyone just walks out of the cage. The cage is also a loving eyesore but that doesn't really matter. The dash is a joke basically, just something they had to throw in to try and make Q work better, but then also they had to attach the lifesteal passive, damage boost and 2 charges to the dash itself to justify it's existence on it's own. Surprisingly enough, you can go over most walls even though the indicator for it clearly states otherwise. Could be a bug honestly.

Ultimate is pretty good, and so is the passive. I was expecting the passive's range increase to be at least twice or thrice as long as it is now though. You can barely tell you have increased range.

Jungle clears take slightly longer BUT there is no blood well juggling so in that sense it's better. I feel like ganks from the jungle are worse off though because of how clunky and precise your Q + E needs to be and gap closing is next to nonexistent. I think he'll fare fairly well top because he has no mana to worry about, and his damage is out of control if you do manage to land everything.

tldr: He is a total clunkfest but he does poo poo out damage like no tomorrow if the stars align.

have you tried landing your abilities chief. like i hate to be that guy but this reads almost entirely like "i do not know how to use the abilities well :("

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

they hotfixed him to an incredible degree. seems he was very bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Radical posted:

they hotfixed him to an incredible degree. seems he was very bad.

Hotfix buffs to Aatrox that went live:

HP up 30
Q damage up 5
E healing up 5%
E dash range up 50
E resets your AA
R CD 160/140/120 > 140/130/120