Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Mortley posted:

do switch FN players think i can have fun with it, playing with just one hand? (broken arm)

I'm pretty uncertain but if you want to give it a try, here's a pro tip from the last page on a place you can drop and just chill:

Azran posted:

It's this spot. You want either this tree or the tree south of it, not the one to the right of the marker because that one's foliage won't cover you. The first circle is always guaranteed to include this hill, I've yet to see it not cover it. I normally get 400-500 exp if I let myself get killed by the storm, less than 20 people tend to be alive by then. This is, of course, if the second circle doesn't include the hill. If the second one does, then it's closer to 600-700. I've gotten PLENTY of second places by doing this, which nets me about 900-1000. I've got the 120% booster from the battlepass, mind you.

From level 72 to level 76, I've only gotten killed once, and it was someone who wanted the tree for themselves. Most people won't notice you because people diving there are going for Dusty or Tilted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
^^^^^Neither fun nor playing, but if you want to try to look stylish by the time your arm heals....

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It requires both joycons to play and both sticks to move and aim. I can’t see it happening with one hand.

Well, correction, if you walk to a perch and only camp and snipe you could do it maybe. But aim down sight and fire are on opposite joycons. If you kept ADS on maybe.

The nice thing is Fortnite is free, so download it and see if it’s playable for you

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

el B posted:

^^^^^Neither fun nor playing, but if you want to try to look stylish by the time your arm heals....

Yes but your KDA ratios! :ohdear:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Does this game even record KDR?

Also new battle pass confirmed for 7/12/18

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Neon Belly posted:

Yes but your KDA ratios! :ohdear:

Hey I'm with you, buddy!

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Not that it matters but

https://www.fortnitetracker.com

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Thanks!

In other news, playground mode is gonna own when it gets fixed

https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/8u8kep/1_hour_40000_materials_later/?st=JIXHTN1K&sh=1aff678e

It’s basically Fortnite Minecraft

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hm, is fortnitetracker.com down for anyone else?

E: never mind it’s working, I think it might not work with the www ?

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012
From the Discord chat-

https://twitter.com/CouRageJD/status/1012049422526570496

I wonder what that noise was.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I was in some Discord where people were stressing KDA ratios hard for team picking is the only reason I know. Otherwise seems pretty unimportant.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Neon Belly posted:

I was in some Discord where people were stressing KDA ratios hard for team picking is the only reason I know. Otherwise seems pretty unimportant.

Sounds like a fun group to play with....

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Oh it matters

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Did they do something to shotguns recently? I've had a really nasty run of rounds where every person I meet is doing some dumb loving swap trick with pump shotguns while effortlessly jumping in circles around me.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Enallyniv posted:

Did they do something to shotguns recently? I've had a really nasty run of rounds where every person I meet is doing some dumb loving swap trick with pump shotguns while effortlessly jumping in circles around me.

It is called double pumping! Welcome to hellworld. Always carry 2 shotguns.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I've been running pump and smg for a week and it's been a game changer. Silenced or tac, grey or purple, I'm ripping dudes up.

I'm interested in the changes they announced today. Sounds like silenced smgs will be my priority, but we'll see...

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

The new dual pistols are pretty damned ruinous.
You can three-click your way through wooden structures, which is pretty fast even at long range.
Not the best accuracy but still pretty deadly!

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

China Blue posted:

Thanks. I'll make my brother play so we'll have a full squad. I'm on GMT here but I'll make it work.
Hey - playing in about half an hour. Add me - Fritz - SW-1126-9649-1114

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Azran posted:

It's this spot. You want either this tree or the tree south of it, not the one to the right of the marker because that one's foliage won't cover you. The first circle is always guaranteed to include this hill, I've yet to see it not cover it. I normally get 400-500 exp if I let myself get killed by the storm, less than 20 people tend to be alive by then. This is, of course, if the second circle doesn't include the hill. If the second one does, then it's closer to 600-700. I've gotten PLENTY of second places by doing this, which nets me about 900-1000. I've got the 120% booster from the battlepass, mind you.

From level 72 to level 76, I've only gotten killed once, and it was someone who wanted the tree for themselves. Most people won't notice you because people diving there are going for Dusty or Tilted.

Did this for two rounds before bar trivia tonight, got #8 with two kills in one round and #13 in the second round. I can’t play a lot every night, and I’m bad (5 wins in 300 some solo matches), so this is my best bet for getting even to 65 to max out my carbide stuff.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Y'know, I was very slowly coming to appreciate 5x20 mode once I learned how the circles worked and lucked into some decent teammates, even if it was still inferior to 50v50. But 8x12 is a shitshow because there's only one drop route, so all of the 12 year olds drop at the first available hotspot, die in the first 5 minutes, and then the game basically just turns into a weird version of squads where the circles are predictable and sometimes somebody gets to cheat and bring a fifth teammate.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Fritzler posted:

You guys have to add each other with epic account usernames to squad up in fortnite. Not with Switch friend codes.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

You guys have to add each other with epic account usernames to squad up in fortnite. Not with Switch friend codes.
You can port friends in from switch friends really easily too.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Hi add me I am bad.

https://fortnite.com/friend/kaboooomboooom

China Blue
Nov 9, 2010

Fritzler posted:

Sorry, this was 1AM for me, I was fast asleep. I'll add you still -- I'm China there too. If you're still looking to do it maybe we could try on the weekend or something.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I added you, I am also bad

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
God dammit they removed the 50 vs 50 again. The game is so loving boring otherwise. It's like I get to play it for 2 days once a month. Do they not want people playing or what.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
most everyone I know thinks 50v50 sucks

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Yeah I just abuse the large team modes for challenges and that's it.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
50v50 is fun and should be a permanent option

Not such a fan of teams of twenty

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Manky posted:

50v50 is fun and should be a permanent option

Not such a fan of teams of twenty

Yup. 50v50 is the best of the large team options because you get the fun/low stress part of working with a big group but the odds of getting screwed over by your lovely team mates are way more in your favor compared to 20x5 etc.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
8x12 kinda sucks.
I wish they would do a 50v50 mode but one person on each side could be a commander like in Battlefield 2. So you could drop in on and talk to the various squads and drop waypoints for them or say things like "hey, heads up the squad in B5 just got wiped out".

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
It’d be cool if you could actually party up with a bigger squad in these big team modes.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
50v50 is the best big team battle. Five teams of 20 is ok... Final Fight is reaaaly bad. Fight to the death! Not whoever has the most numbers after the timer :(

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Pops Mgee posted:

It’d be cool if you could actually party up with a bigger squad in these big team modes.

Yeap, PUBG allowed 8 man squads to queue up for 8x12. Was really hoping Epic would've copied that by now. Probably not easy to implement though, especially since the backbone is focused entirely on 4 man co-op.

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

el B posted:

50v50 is the best big team battle. Five teams of 20 is ok... Final Fight is reaaaly bad. Fight to the death! Not whoever has the most numbers after the timer :(

That's kinda the point of Final Fight though. It stops one guy or a squad from just boxing up and hiding at the end and dragging the game out pointlessly. Instead they can either fight and maybe win or they can hide and definitely lose. I like it as a change, no one really enjoyed the hunt for the last guy .

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I am waiting for the double XP weekend to complete my challenges. I am level 53, and the mask for Ombibus (or whatever is called) is level 56. So I will do that grind there. Maybe. Maybe not. I don't really like the superhero theme.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tei posted:

I am waiting for the double XP weekend to complete my challenges. I am level 53, and the mask for Ombibus (or whatever is called) is level 56. So I will do that grind there. Maybe. Maybe not. I don't really like the superhero theme.

It started 4 hours ago.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I'm hoping tonight will be my "play far too much Fortnite" night :bubblewoop: If some other PS4 goons wanna help a homie out with the dance by loot lake stupid challenge let me knowwwwwww

So the playground mode is... still down? Or back up? I saw news articles saying it would be up "soon", but I'm also seeing IG posts about how dope it is? :confused:

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1012690121341194241

goodbye 8x12 you were extremely bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

Hahaha rip, welcome back to the 50v50 mode. Did they fix the horrendous teleporting lag?