Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
It's always been kind of hosed. What kind of hosed is it right now?

Edit: Is there a Discord? And how active or dead is it?

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jun 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Game's fine as always.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Where do I go these days to find goons to play with

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
I don’t know of a goon discord but there are quite a few TF2 discord’s that are active. Usually they are tied to larger youtubers though so you get a mix of kids and young adults depending on the one your in.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
I don't think there is a collective goon server anymore. I've been playing here for the past 2 years. http://stats.topnotchclan.com/overview/1

32 player, payload, all talk off. Community is decent, quite a few women play there so a lot of toxic bullshit gets filtered out. 2-4 active admins. It has VIP if you have the patience to deal with it but you can just rejoin the server after each map change and you can usually dodge the kick. Check the time line to see if it lines up with your play schedule. Its generally only active at night.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sounds good, but definitely active later than I should reasonably be awake.

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-08-14-valves-forgotten-game-team-fortress-2s-shocking-toxicity-problem

Turns out the game where people flood chat with text binds of the n-word has a toxicity problem, with real world consequences.

Valve's response: j/k Valve doesn't respond to anything :xd:

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

King Lazer posted:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-08-14-valves-forgotten-game-team-fortress-2s-shocking-toxicity-problem

Turns out the game where people flood chat with text binds of the n-word has a toxicity problem, with real world consequences.

They cant even stop cheating in TF2 you expect them to be thought police too.

LOL Volvo pls fix.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

King Lazer posted:

I've been votekicked off servers for calling people racist cunts.

I guess that's where the player base draws the line.

edit: To avoid confusion, I should add I've said that to people who have used racial slurs.

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

JB50 posted:

They cant even stop cheating in TF2 you expect them to be thought police too.

LOL Volvo pls fix.

Plenty of other games punish the use of slurs. There's a lot of middle ground between halting all hate-speech and just letting anyone be as aggressively horrible as they can manage.

Wugga posted:

I've been votekicked off servers for calling people racist cunts.

I guess that's where the player base draws the line.

edit: To avoid confusion, I should add I've said that to people who have used racial slurs.

Calling out racism is ever more upsetting than actual racism, dont ya know. (You really don't have to use that word to do it though.)

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
What's wrong with that one?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I saw tagg's post on twitter a bit ago. It's depressing how much racist poo poo he's had to deal with(irl at tournies/meetups as well as online), but I would be lying if I said it surprised me.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Booyah- posted:

it's kind of hosed up now to be honest

Yea. They gave the pyro a jetpack, and they made the spy move as fast as the medic. Those two changes really gently caress up the game.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChzU3NsyV7g

There is this huge out cry on reddit against the valve guy. I honestly think if you are pretending to hack you should just get banned for trolling because it has exactly the same effect on a casual game (loads of people just disconnect rather than having to convince people that there is a hacker and maybe have one normal round).

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Started playing MvM again. Good fun, just wish there was more of it.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Jippa posted:

There is this huge out cry on reddit against the valve guy. I honestly think if you are pretending to hack you should just get banned for trolling because it has exactly the same effect on a casual game (loads of people just disconnect rather than having to convince people that there is a hacker and maybe have one normal round).

The only thing more fun than faking that you're hacking is getting banned for it, imo :shrug:

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

Yeah. His desire was to make the people he was playing against unhappy. Pretty hard to feel sorry for him.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
So what are ya'lls favorite sprays? I've been rockin the dancing sniper for a while but I wanna change it up... is there a dancing medic? I usually play medic. I tried searching the game banana sprays but poo poo there are a lot of brony and anime sprays.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
Soldier covered in honey is a favourite of mine, but since installing a config I can’t see sprays any more and I’m too lazy to tweak it so that I can. :(

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I tend to change my steam name a lot and usually for fun I'll make a spray to fit it. Though my favourite spray to use outside of that is just cut out of that creepy woody doll's head. It's amazing for ruining other people's sprays and bringing whole servers to a stand still..

Though I think I need something new. Everyone's always talking about that Jojo thing..

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
People putting sprays over other sprays is my favourite thing, honestly.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

King Lazer posted:

If only TF2 servers were not mostly community owned and run but instead were vastly more maintained by Valve they might be able to fart out some kind of luke warm half solution.....WAIT A MINUTE

I mean server plugins have existed for ages that can auto kick/ban players for saying a blacklisted word there’s no reason Valve couldn’t rollout one that bans players who drop the n-word at the very least. Of course given that Valve knows gamers very well, which is why they have never done anything against the huge amount of literal Nazi Steam groups, this is to be expected

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Dr. VooDoo posted:

If only TF2 servers were not mostly community owned and run but instead were vastly more maintained by Valve they might be able to fart out some kind of luke warm half solution.....WAIT A MINUTE

I mean server plugins have existed for ages that can auto kick/ban players for saying a blacklisted word there’s no reason Valve couldn’t rollout one that bans players who drop the n-word at the very least. Of course given that Valve knows gamers very well, which is why they have never done anything against the huge amount of literal Nazi Steam groups, this is to be expected

I've found that Valve will actually take down Nazi steam groups pretty quickly if you report them.

crabf
May 29, 2015

Jippa posted:

why should a valve employee have ban powers for cheaters when they have a system to do it for th--oh wait

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

gently caress all this #removerandomcrits
How about #removetextbinds

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Aug 23, 2018

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Ban anyone using a textbind in valve servers. Easy.

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

ChaseSP posted:

100% unironically agreed.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

King Lazer posted:

100% unironically agreed.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Just do that thing that overwatch does. You can only make so many text chats in a certain amount of time.
Also ban the N Word so I can bait awful people into saying it and get rid of them.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

ChaseSP posted:

hey woah hey let's not be rash here

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

You can still shitpost in whatever trade server you mess on. Seems like a fine compromise between allowing text binds and removing them from the game totally.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Today i made a guy who was throwing around n words and lenny faces rage quit because i dominated him. It really made my day.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
The only satisfaction greater than making the cocky pubstomper rage quit.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Butt Detective posted:

People putting sprays over other sprays is my favourite thing, honestly.

If he had been that ripped when he was with Leela, the erotic fan fiction would've been a lot better!

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
A wild warpy appeared...

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I deleted a bunch of guys with the phlog and they got real butt mad. It has caused me to play phlog more.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Pyro with phlog or backburner is so fun and makes people so mad when you're good at it

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I had detonater too cuz I like hitting guys round corners and getting more gauge, so already the only time im effective is when im critting around but they just kept going "buh. No skill. Nerf phlog!"
Im like , dude, go engie. Cover your flanks.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Pyro isn’t fun to play against, free crits pyro is even less fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
just shoot the pyro