Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

my own pawn is probably the most OP pawn i will make, but considering the pool of people sabotaging the poo poo out of themselves so far i don't feel too bad about making one that you'd actually be happy to recruit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Do Two Worlds as a naked fat guy with Nudist and Gay.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Keeshhound posted:

I demand that you make me the worst possible colonist so that I become blight upon whatever societies I happen to roll in on.

Pyromaniac, no dumb labor, no skilled labor and with no passions in art or medicine (I think that's all that's left?)

If I'm not a hat in at least one game, I will be supremely disappointed.

on the other hand we have this motherfucker:

i think i need say no more.

e: I know he has 2 h's in his name but there's a character limit there.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 28, 2018

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
We just want to see the colony burn down like goon protects are wont to do. We know ourselves and are being honest.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Coolguye posted:

on the other hand we have this motherfucker:

i think i need say no more.

e: I know he has 2 h's in his name but there's a character limit there.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

If it aint too late, throw a fatass pawn named Warmachine in there. Too Smart, Depressive, Double Flame High Intelligence, one flame medium crafting, no dumb labor, and no art if you can manage it. Feel free to throw unstable in the traits as well. I think that's the one that gives pawns mood swings right?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Lprsti99 posted:

I just want to be a pawn (Lprsti99 for the nickname) that has mental breaks at the drop of a hat. I don't remember what the most effective combo would be, but something like Depressive/Neurotic or whatever, good at animal training and shooting.

Note this is only because Keeshhound already laid claim to The Worst Pawn.

big fan of this one. very high risk/high reward.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Warmachine posted:

If it aint too late, throw a fatass pawn named Warmachine in there. Too Smart, Depressive, Double Flame High Intelligence, one flame medium crafting, no dumb labor, and no art if you can manage it. Feel free to throw unstable in the traits as well. I think that's the one that gives pawns mood swings right?

i'll be making pawns all evening so you're well in time

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Coolguye posted:

i'll be making pawns all evening so you're well in time

Volatile! That's the one! Depressive, Too Smart, Volatile.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Danaru posted:

Danaru, a fat, staggeringly ugly, iron willed cannibal with two flames and decent competency in melee and cooking :chef:

this one worked out better than i had imagined. your title is 'quack'.

Warmachine posted:

Volatile! That's the one! Depressive, Too Smart, Volatile.

as i mentioned before i can only do 2 traits because i have to put in "Spawns in World" for this to work. i'll give you Depressive and Too Smart because we already have quite a bit of volatile.

HelloSailorSign posted:

Bleeding heart, Too Smart, passion for shooting, interest in cooking, research, and medicine. Old torso scar, addicted to ambrosia.

Edit: for fewer traits

i don't see a "Bleeding heart" trait. this may be from a mod you have. i've shuffled this pawn to the end of my queue to give you some time to respond to that. i'll think through what it would imply and do my best if i don't see you respond.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jun 28, 2018

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Make me a cannibal jogger with good cooking, medicine and artistic

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Coolguye posted:

my own pawn is probably the most OP pawn i will make, but considering the pool of people sabotaging the poo poo out of themselves so far i don't feel too bad about making one that you'd actually be happy to recruit.

Make a pawn exactly like that, but with exactly one extra dot in everything, call him Coolerguy. That's what I am spending my slot in.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I'd like to be a pawn. Call it Toxic. Uh...I like cooking, crafting, and intellectual. Social skill should be zero. For traits how about night owl and neurotic.

Incapable of social is probably better and abrasive would be an appropriate trait too. Really I just like the idea if being the irritable guy that makes stuff but just wants you to go away and leave him alone.

The worst pawn was already taken so I have to go for useful but frustrating like why do I put up with this pawn?

there isn't a good background combo for all of the things you hit on here so i did what i could - which turned out to be a really funny combination of things

ZearothK posted:

Make a pawn exactly like that, but with exactly one extra dot in everything, call him Coolerguy. That's what I am spending my slot in.
you joke but this sounds hilarious

TorakFade posted:

so can I be a pawn please?

nickname TorakFade, male, age range 30-40, nudist trait. I'm not wearing no human leather pants or shirt, no sir (hats are cool and good).

As for stats and passions, eh, just don't make me totally useless and it'll be fine! I'd prefer shooting rather than melee if I actually wind up having a combat skill, but it's not a requirement.

i swear to god the name here was randomly generated.

boar guy posted:

you can name me Boar and give me a smokeleaf addiction and make me psychically hypersensitive :tipshat: ( i realize it won't be exactly this)

(edited)

not sure why you thought this was an onerous request, this ended up being the easiest one so far. you got a bit of a bump by being genned at 53 (i aged you down) but mostly this was a lucky roll where your career stacked with your bonus points.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jun 28, 2018

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Coolguye posted:

this one worked out better than i had imagined. your title is 'quack'.

"Incapable of: intellectual" He's perfect :v:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Disappointed no ones made their age 69 physical: 420 chronological

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

zedprime posted:

I'm zedprime and I will live as I post: 100% rng generated white noise.

Have you considered making some people sons of Lowtax, some sons of Fragmaster and some sons of Leonard so that there can be sectarian fights when they inevitably fall out.

nevermind this one was easier, i literally just added "spawns in game" and was done.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i think that catches me up. i'm going to run through and add the sons of lowtax stuff and then if nobody else posts in the next couple of hours i'll get started and post the save.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Coolguye posted:

there isn't a good background combo for all of the things you hit on here so i did what i could - which turned out to be a really funny combination of things

Now that there is a thing of beauty.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

nevermind one more

(i told you i would monkey's paw this poo poo. the consciousness hit from the joywire will subtly make this guy worse than the original.)

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Is it too late to get in the pool? :sun:

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Anticheese posted:

Same, I'm seeing a severe lack of chemical fascination pawns and will volunteer to take the role of depressive, substance abusing artist for the colony.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Gadzuko posted:

Same, I'm seeing a severe lack of chemical fascination pawns and will volunteer to take the role of depressive, substance abusing artist for the colony.

In memoriam Shivadas?

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Anticheese posted:

Well, if not:

quote:

"Pyatre" for the name, whatever for hair, chemical fascination and night owl, good at crafting and animals

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Anticheese posted:

nope, i'm watching a movie with a friend right now but i'll do another sweep after this

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

drat, I even used the wiki to see about traits in vanilla.

Uh.... instead of bleeding heart go neurotic and too smart.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Coolguye posted:

big fan of this one. very high risk/high reward.

I actually really like the change to construction/cooking/growing. I'm gonna get pampered in a bunch of bases, I'll bet.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Well if you're still taking character submissions I'd like to join, you can assign whatever traits etc to me that you see fit.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

Well if you're still taking character submissions I'd like to join, you can assign whatever traits etc to me that you see fit.

i'm doing a pass right now and picking up ones i missed earlier. i'll put you in but if you don't give me any guidance i'm literally just going to hit the random button about 5 or 6 times and take the first thing that doesn't have an immediate exile flag.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I wholeheartedly endorse that approach :thumbsup:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Cup "Runneth" Over, swap highest skill genned for crafting, 2nd highest for shooting, Psychopath, Industrious

also jsyk we will all die instantly in raids or show up as caravan guards

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Warmachine posted:

so your profile made it impossible for me to do the things you asked without also disabling doctoring. not a big deal - but one quirk is that you actually rolled asthma. i disabled it because not being able to do doctoring even on yourself is actually a really big problem with asthma under certain situations. if you'd like to add it back in let me know and i will do so.

also, character limits on names meant i had to abridge your handle.

HelloSailorSign posted:

Bleeding heart, Too Smart, passion for shooting, interest in cooking, research, and medicine. Old torso scar, addicted to ambrosia.

HelloSailorSign posted:

drat, I even used the wiki to see about traits in vanilla.

Uh.... instead of bleeding heart go neurotic and too smart.

this ended up being tougher to sort out something sensible than i thought. only reasonable combination of things ended up being something that disabled cleaning...but i figured it was probably fine since if you end up with someone with that many flames, AND the killer Neurotic/Too Smart combo, you're not going to waste their time doing something that doesn't skill them up.

your name was also too long and had to be abridged.

Piell posted:

Make me a cannibal jogger with good cooking, medicine and artistic

first request that really lent itself to some of the more primitive backgrounds - which, coincidentally, are also the backgrounds that tend to not have incapables buried amongst them.

Gadzuko posted:

i basically just set up your traits and then smashed random on backstory until i got two things that both buffed Artistic. you lucked the gently caress out so hard on your forbidden labors and other rolls that i went ahead and added large tolerances to every addictive substance in the game to make it a lot more likely that you'll get addicted to whatever you binge on first, without actually addicting you to anything.

anatoliy pltkrvkay posted:

Well, if not: "Pyatre" for the name, whatever for hair, chemical fascination and night owl, good at crafting and animals

i had no idea how to gender the name you gave me and your profile claims you are a porpoise so congratulations i let the RNG decide and you're the first daughter of lowtax. beyond that, i really just rerolled until i saw hard points in both animals and crafting, and transferred 6 soft points out of artistic to boost your animals and crafting by 3 apiece. congratulations, you also got off pretty lucky on forbidden labors. you had a pretty strong stab scar on your hand (5 points!) but i got rid of it because scars are really big problems in vanilla and i always hate it when the game just sort of tacks them on like it's no issue.

Anticheese posted:

i still don't see any guidance for you, so i'm doing the full RNG thing

i removed a psychic sensitivity to put in the spawns in world trait. your backstory makes no sense but if someone can ignore the fact that you're too good to haul you're really surprisingly good. i should've left you in your initial 17 year old state where you were useless as gently caress for everything BUT hauling but not having an adult story really hurts so i rerolled. you're welcome.

Flesh Forge posted:

I wholeheartedly endorse that approach :thumbsup:

i aged you down slightly (you rolled at 50 biological) and removed a bite scar on your neck (which is a particularly bullshit location for a scar because it irrevocably fucks with your eating). that's literally all that happened here. on the down side, the dice hated your main skills more than anticheese, and gave you asthma. on the upside, they liked you enough to not forbid dumb labor and gave you some hella flames!

30 minutes for comments and last minute additions and then i'll start the drat game already.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Cup "Runneth" Over, swap highest skill genned for crafting, 2nd highest for shooting, Psychopath, Industrious

also jsyk we will all die instantly in raids or show up as caravan guards

your comment about showing up as caravan guards got me to use the gun dealer thing here, which gave you both the shooting you wanted and a nontrivial amount of social so :stoked:

i moved a double-flame from melee to crafting but that's all the more editing i really did here

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jun 28, 2018

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Coolguye posted:

i swear to god the name here was randomly generated.

Aaaand now I picture myself like a young, nudist, deep space mining, still black Michael Jackson. This is going to be great. :D

BTW why aren't my best skills those I have a passion in :smith:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

TorakFade posted:

Aaaand now I picture myself like a young, nudist, deep space mining, still black Michael Jackson. This is going to be great. :D

BTW why aren't my best skills those I have a passion in :smith:

good call, i missed that. i'll also swap your soft points over to shooting. just a second.

e:

did you want me to move the flames around any more? the michael jackson comment seems to mean you want art double flamed but shooting is mechanically better to double flame. it's whatever you want.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jun 28, 2018

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Coolguye posted:

good call, i missed that. i'll also swap your soft points over to shooting. just a second.

e:

did you want me to move the flames around any more? the michael jackson comment seems to mean you want art double flamed but shooting is mechanically better to double flame. it's whatever you want.

No no it's fine this way. I am competent at art and of course dancing, but my real passion is shooting things and digging rocks. Works for me :v:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

cool. well i am actually crashing earlier than i thought so i'm gonna put the savegame up tomorrow. thanks to everyone who offered themselves up! tomorrow morning it'll be on your marks, get set, go!

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Rimworld 1.0 aids thing number 1:
Prisoners you have captured on your outings will hit every single trap on the way in.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

McGiggins posted:

Rimworld 1.0 aids thing number 1:
Prisoners you have captured on your outings will hit every single trap on the way in.

Along with this, released prisoners hit every single trap on the way out :emo:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Coolguye posted:

so your profile made it impossible for me to do the things you asked without also disabling doctoring. not a big deal - but one quirk is that you actually rolled asthma. i disabled it because not being able to do doctoring even on yourself is actually a really big problem with asthma under certain situations. if you'd like to add it back in let me know and i will do so.

also, character limits on names meant i had to abridge your handle.

Sounds about right. I have no patience for medicine in the real world and my bedside manner could be best described as eating sand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Was reminded I own this. Is there a mod kind of halfway between vanilla and prepare carefully? I like pressing random but I'd like to be able to exclude stuff I'm going to reroll anyway, like pyro or terrible passion/skill/exclusion combos. I haven't played in ages so maybe vanilla makes better guys now by default I don't know.

Wish I'd stopped by sooner to get myself into goonworld. If there's still time give me cooking, construction, lazy, night owl, and some random crap. Mutate my name as desired.

e: throw a teetotal in there for my massive squaritude.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 28, 2018