Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Echo Fighter of Ness: Ninten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Mercury Crusader posted:

Ninten, Raichu, and the Wal are in the "last member of an extremely specific clique that will never get their day" club.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

All I care about is Greninja's water taunt, nothing else matters really

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Mercury Crusader posted:

i want this actually, i think it works well

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Mach Rider is another one of those characters you just kind of have to make stuff up for like they did Captain Falcon but I'd be totally down with having them as a playable character

especially if sakurai proves the theory that mach rider was a girl true

dare to dream

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Kirby Robobot is a newcomer

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

DrPaper posted:

Kirby Robobot is a newcomer

Kirby piloting the Robobot armor as a playable character would make my year.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

He should call the robot for his Final Smash. Shame he wouldn’t be able to walk around in it though :(

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

"Reggie Fils-Amie" posted:

We look at all of the feedback and share with the devs and certainly Mr. Sakurai will be aware of the groundswell of support that appeared for a Waluigi, and in the end it's his decision to make.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
we weren't ready for waluigi. hell we aren't even ready for ridley and daisy.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Dizz posted:

we weren't ready for waluigi. hell we aren't even ready for ridley and daisy.

I am. I am ready.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Waluigi does not deserve to be in Smash :mad:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

multijoe posted:

he’s been in Smash for years

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

As much as I'd be amused to see Waluigi as a fighter, I still can't see him getting added. That said, I'd find it extremely hilarious if he was and there was no adjustments for the assist trophy.

multijoe posted:

Many characters do not deserve to be in Smash, but they are. Them's the breaks.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't believe, they're adding Crono in, just to make anime sword boy adverse people mad.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Waluigi is a tired meme now

i dont want sakurai to waste his precious energy on a stupid rear end meme, do not reward the waluigi jokesters

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jun 28, 2018

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kurtofan posted:

Waluigi is a tired meme now

Our boy Waluigi has gone from curiosity to meme and graduated to sincere appreciation

Waluigi is a good character and he should be in Smash

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

The Bloop posted:

Our boy Waluigi has gone from curiosity to meme and graduated to sincere appreciation

Waluigi is a good character and he should be in Smash

nah, you wont convince me of that

i dont want sakurai to waste his precious energy on a stupid rear end meme, do not reward the waluigi jokesters

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kurtofan posted:

nah, you wont convince me of that

u sound dumb, maybe

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
waluigi is dumb

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Kurtofan posted:

waluigi is dumb

He has personality :colbert:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I hope Waluigi is both an assist trophy and a playable fighter. Cheating is truly the best Waluigi representation.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Put Waluigi in as an echo of Bayonetta. They both got gangly limbs. He attacks by making fingerguns and very small Bullet Bills come out.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Maple Leaf posted:

Put Waluigi in as an echo of Bayonetta. They both got gangly limbs. He attacks by making fingerguns and very small Bullet Bills come out.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Maple Leaf posted:

This is still the best idea

I believe Sakurai has been planning this whole time to give us Waluigi in either this best idea form or as a full-fledged non-Echo fighter.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Ive been checking updates for this game almost every day and its bring me back to the days that I used to do the same for Brawl.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Waluigi is/was good. Ridley was the insincere meme.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Echo Chamber posted:

Waluigi is/was good. Ridley was the insincere meme.

Absolutely this

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I want an event match where Olimar fights Ridley to scale.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I never really got the need for Ridley to be so big

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.

Coaaab posted:

I want an event match where Olimar fights Ridley to scale.

Ridley would never be able to sweet-spot his Down-B against such a tiny opponent!

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

The Bloop posted:

Well sure, poo poo was all jacked on NES. If we're using first appearances as a measuring stick than Kirby should be 8 inches tall.

Simply going by the Smash universe's depictions, Ridley was huge in Brawl and iirc also very big as a stage hazard in 4

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Over There posted:

Ive been checking updates for this game almost every day and its bring me back to the days that I used to do the same for Brawl.

I'm not really keeping up with the site since there hasn't been anything juicy, but the wait for release certain is bringing me back to the brawl days.

The Bloop posted:

Even in Super he wasn't /that/ big. I always assumed he could be bowser size and it'd be fine.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Canonically, what is Ridley's deal anyways? He's a leader of a Space Pirate force which would imply intelligence and organization, but he's also this big hulking monster who never tries to communicate with Samus or anyone else? So is he, like, smart?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

timp posted:

Canonically, what is Ridley's deal anyways? He's a leader of a Space Pirate force which would imply intelligence and organization, but he's also this big hulking monster who never tries to communicate with Samus or anyone else? So is he, like, smart?

His boss is literally a brain in a jar, so I think he's more the muscle

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Ridley's smart and cunning but like a predatory animal, I think. He can't really communicate outside of fireballs and teeth, but he does get his point across.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

timp posted:

He basically seems to operate as a shock trooper for them. Swoops in, fucks poo poo up and lets the rest of the Pirates clean up after he breaks resistance.

I think he's their 'leader' because he hangs out with them and fucks up their enemies in return for food/transport. Also he's ridiculously durable and survivable and they keep rebuilding him after Samus nearly kills him.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I haven’t played Smash since Melee and it’s so bizarre seeing Snake and Sonic in it.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Unless you count the comics. In them, 3-year-old Samus attempted to appeal to Ridley's humanity, and he was visibly touched, and even apologized to her - but then he went ahead and killed her parents anyway.

In the games, while he does have most of the command and authority among the Space Pirates (typically beneath someone smarter or more resourceful than him, like Mother Brain), correct, he communicates like a crow with strep throat. How intelligent he is is mostly inferred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Suspicious Cook posted:

Ridley's smart and cunning but like a predatory animal, I think. He can't really communicate outside of fireballs and teeth, but he does get his point across.

He can talk just fine, as I'm pretty sure he openly taunts Samus in ~the lore~. Most of the time though it's just easier to murder everything to death since that's his main job as evil space pirate leaderman.

Ridley is fairly competent and the space pirates under his control regularly kick the teeth out of the "good guys" in the Metroid setting. Unfortunately he comes off as kind of a chump because he made an enemy out of the one woman that wears a tank and carries 300 missiles around in her pocket, but oh well. It's a livin'.

Rainuwastaken fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jun 28, 2018