Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

WerthersWay posted:

I cannot get into the new Who Charted. I love Natasha Legerro but she and Howard’s energy are too similar. They’re both laidback sidekicks who need someone to lead them and it sure as hell ain’t Stard.

Counterpoint: Natty Leggs is complimentary to Howard and has made Who Charted a day-of listen for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Live Off Book podcast taping at JFL Montreal! Just the recorded form of this show blows my mind.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Natasha legs is a way better cohost than the completely burned out and checked out Kulap but they should vary the charts more so it’s not Howard and Nat agreeing that they still hate every movie on the top 5 each week.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I4H was really great today. I think the tasting the stewbaby sketch is an all timer. The second it comes out of Tim Meadows mouth, you can tell he can't believe he said it.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Carrie-Anne Moss destroying him, nursing him back to health, and then destroying him again after drinking all his root beers was one of my favorite HH bits.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Yo, Is This Racist? is actually pretty good now with Tawny Newsome co-hosting.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Tacier posted:

Yo, Is This Racist? is actually pretty good now with Tawny Newsome co-hosting.

Is it still one recording session split into five daily episodes? That was always my biggest issue with the show.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Nah it's normal now and yeah, it's solid. Andrew was never hilarious or anything but he's fine, and Tawny's funny enough that she can make talking about racism funny. And they do 15 minutes or so by themselves up top so there's usually at least something to listen to even if you have to skip the guest segment because they host Pod Save America, or because they roleplay an alien who misspells stuff on Twitter.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The fact that Yo Is This Racist can be enjoyable now just shows how much Tawny owns.

Obviously it didn't actually work that way but in the past it kinda felt like Andrew would grab a guest to do a quick off the cuff take on w/e while they were waiting to do a different Earwolf show. The few recent eps I checked out felt more prepared.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

I'll never listen to yo! Is this Racist.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to ask them yo is that racist

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Pro Version Teaser Freezer about the Happytime Murders is everything I hoped it would be

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Fun Threedom today. Lots of ridiculous singing and tangents in tangents.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

Fun Threedom today. Lots of ridiculous singing and tangents in tangents.

Scott managed to sneak in a quick childhood trauma of his father waking him up with water; always a plus.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
The story about he and his dad having a catch and then meeting his two best friends on that same day made me so happy and relieved that for once a childhood story of his hadn't ended in an incredibly sad way that I was just beaming like an idiot at my phone until my coworker asked what I was so happy about.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

Wow wish I was rich and foolish and could spend my hard earned dollars on recordings of stories about times scott aukerman got owned by his dad

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Are there videos/photos of the spankings? Asking for a friend.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

lapkus posted the scotty one on her IG story

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
They're both on Chevin's instagram story

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

Wow I wish I was rich and foolish and could spend my hard earned time on the app "instagram"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
https://twitter.com/drewtarver/status/1014947707079806977

Oh, and holy poo poo https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk3-ocqgm42

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jul 6, 2018

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Franchescanado posted:

They're both on Chevin's instagram story

Are those accessible on desktop browsers? I don't see nothin' here:
https://www.instagram.com/kevbartelt/?hl=en

edit: New Stitcher podcast from Tawny Newsome and Alex Kliner called The Supergroup where they write and record songs with comedian and musician guests.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_z6DVK7CGQ

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jul 6, 2018

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

:stare:

They've been hinting for a while that they were recording something, but I didn't dare dream that it would be a whole new season.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Teenage Fansub posted:

edit: New Stitcher podcast from Tawny Newsome and Alex Kliner called The Supergroup where they write and record songs with comedian and musician guests.

Oh man, I been waiting for this since she announced it on something. I think the Hollywood Handbook pro version episode, when they brought PFT, her and the Teacher's Lounge in to laugh at Kevin for his apron flopping

Might be mixing some episodes together

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jul 6, 2018

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

They were on his story, so I have no idea.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Hayes and Sean are on Magic Tavern but idk if it's the kind of podcast where you can just drop in at any point so I haven't listened

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
If Magic Tavern is still like its first season was, then it's sorta like CBB in that you can jump in but you're going to be a little lost with all the references and lore. So it just depends on your tolerance for being a bit confused.

knows a black guy
Jun 18, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

Hayes and Sean are on Magic Tavern but idk if it's the kind of podcast where you can just drop in at any point so I haven't listened

Thanks for the heads up! I don't listen to that one either but I'll follow THE BOYS wherever! (Except stitcher premium)

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

BTW if you want to do a parody song for Meliania jacket it is...
Meliania's jacket,
Is it for real.
She's just there to watch immigrants cry.
She will not apologize or sympathize.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Help Im Alive posted:

It's silly and reference light.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah I ended up listening and it was pretty good!

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Not going to lie... I liked the fifteen minute opening discussion on Gungans in the latest James Bonding. I never considered before just how the kaadus got to the surface.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
This week's Off Book is a glorious mess

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I love how Hollywood Handbook has gone from a show making ironic inside jokes about the entertainment industry to just doing those same jokes about Earwolf and podcasts.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
:same:

Their world just got smaller, which makes them seem so much pettier, which makes the premise work even better for me.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the barely sanctioned pettiness is a big part of why i still listen.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

in 2018, the peak of comedy is two dildos on a podcast network making a very inside joke about the troubles of another podcast network

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

cams posted:

in 2018, the peak of comedy is two dildos on a podcast network making a very inside joke about the troubles of another podcast network

That wasn't the joke, though. The joke was about one of Earwolf's top shows leaving them for another podcast network that failed within that same year.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Franchescanado posted:

That wasn't the joke, though. The joke was about one of Earwolf's top shows leaving them for another podcast network that failed within that same year.

the thing you said is not different from the thing i said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Franchescanado posted:

What show was this?