Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
The line I got the most traction with is, "Telling people with depression to suck it up and deal with just be happy is like telling someone with schizophrenia to stop hearing voices." Most people believe in schizophrenia and it's more convincing lumping depression into a more immediately visible mental illness.

Of course my dad, early on in my depression, thought I was possessed by demons, so I dunno maybe he was right.

For the "I don't believe in depression," folks, "Depression doesn't care if you believe in it," either works to jar them into a more accepting state of mind or lets them know to shut the hell up about it rather than try to argue.

When my dad died, I was the most profoundly sad I've been in my life (he turned into a better man after that whole "You're depressed because of DEMONS," bit). I wasn't depressed, though, because I was already on meds for that. Depression and sadness are entirely different things. I don't get sad when an episode hits or I backslide into my old, pre-meds baseline. Lethargic, annoyed, having a sense of physical weight like my bones turned to metal, cynical, pessimistic, a weird touch of feeling betrayed for some reason, all while those obtrusive thoughts of failure and suicide, sure. Sad, though, nah. That's why it pisses me off when people misuse depressed when they mean sad, and vice versa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

OutOfPrint posted:

Of course my dad, early on in my depression, thought I was possessed by demons, so I dunno maybe he was right.

Depression and sadness are entirely different things. I don't get sad when an episode hits or I backslide into my old, pre-meds baseline. Lethargic, annoyed, having a sense of physical weight like my bones turned to metal, cynical, pessimistic, a weird touch of feeling betrayed for some reason, all while those obtrusive thoughts of failure and suicide, sure. Sad, though, nah. That's why it pisses me off when people misuse depressed when they mean sad, and vice versa.

When I'm depressed, performing the most basic task is like running an ultramarathon. When I'm able to push through and accomplish something, I call it "conquering my demons."

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Sarcopenia posted:

Looove this article but I really think that you should put a content warning on that. I'm accurately medicated with no signs of depression now but if I had read this a year ago this could very well have triggered something terrible.

This one really got to me. I've had a lot of trauma in my life but I knew that it wasn't why I was feeling the way I did. Yeah it probably made it worse but drat is it just an infection of the mind. Wiggling, terrifying worms that just keep digging deeper. And then you constantly hear people talk about how people should just suck it up and feel positive because you're not like a kid in a 3rd world country or something. After I got diagnosed with bipolar the people who had been chastising me for attempting/thinking about suicide and that I just really wanted to be "sad" totally got that I was "out of control" when I was manic. Eeeh dude. Every time I tried to commit suicide I was manic/wrongly medicated because then I had the energy to actually go through with the horrible things I was thinking. It literally has the same hold over my brain but with different results. People don't get depression because everyone has been sad and that's what they think it is.

.I'm glad I read the quoted part before I clicked through because having strikingly familiar intrusive thoughts written out like that is really unnerving. That excerpt alone made me chuck back a handful of propanolol before continuing with my day.

People really don't get how depression and anxiety poison your mind - your description of wriggling worms is spot on. Thinking "I have no reason to feel this way" is just another form of self-harm that depressed people engage in.

I have to say, though, I prefer dealing with people who just don't get it/think it's the same as being sad to the people who understand depression just enough to be like "just go the gym! Exercise helps! You need to get out more! You just need to suck it up and force yourself! I read an article once which...." etc. That's just handing a depressed person a stick and encouraging them to beat themselves with it - now I get to think "I'm such a gently caress up I can't even do [easy thing]. This is my fault. I'm not really depressed, I'm just lazy. Should probably just off myself because I'll never be better and I'll never be good" on repeat all day.

I've had quite good results with "if I was functional enough to get to the gym right now, I'd be functional enough to get out of bed on the weekends. Let me work on that first and then I'll be interested in your opinion on my mental healthcare plan."

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
This story MMA fighter/podcast host/pro wrestling enthusiast Chael Sonnen tells is pretty drat weird and there’s not really a better way to explain it because even he still doesn’t get it

https://youtu.be/a881X4SYWDs

Aesop Poprock has a new favorite as of 15:56 on Jun 28, 2018

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Aesop Poprock posted:

You’d think Anthony Bourdain, Robin Williams, etc etc etc should be enough of a hint to people about that but nope

Robin Williams had been been diagnosed with and was suffering from an incurable and debilitating degenerative neurological disorder that was going to kill his mind before it killed his body. It's possible he killed himself because he was depressed, but it's also possible that he freely and with full awareness chose to self-euthanize rather than find himself trapped in a living prison with only occasional bouts of lucidity.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Phanatic posted:

Robin Williams had been been diagnosed with and was suffering from an incurable and debilitating degenerative neurological disorder that was going to kill his mind before it killed his body. It's possible he killed himself because he was depressed, but it's also possible that he freely and with full awareness chose to self-euthanize rather than find himself trapped in a living prison with only occasional bouts of lucidity.

Well yeah but he’s been depressed since the 70s and was pretty open about it. I’m not an expert on his disease so don’t know if it gestates that long though tbh

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Werong Bustope posted:

I have to say, though, I prefer dealing with people who just don't get it/think it's the same as being sad to the people who understand depression just enough to be like "just go the gym! Exercise helps! You need to get out more! You just need to suck it up and force yourself! I read an article once which...." etc. That's just handing a depressed person a stick and encouraging them to beat themselves with it - now I get to think "I'm such a gently caress up I can't even do [easy thing]. This is my fault. I'm not really depressed, I'm just lazy. Should probably just off myself because I'll never be better and I'll never be good" on repeat all day.

I've had quite good results with "if I was functional enough to get to the gym right now, I'd be functional enough to get out of bed on the weekends. Let me work on that first and then I'll be interested in your opinion on my mental healthcare plan."

Mmm. There's a thing called "behavioral activation" which is a fancy brain doctor word for "do stuff that makes you feel happier" which can be part of some treatments for depression (so too can exercise), but only if it's something you can realistically do, and usually not as the only treatment.

not to turn this into depression chat but the.... the brain wears grooves. patterns of thoughts where you know what comes next. thoughts like the quoted ones, like, I know how they're gonna go, and there's this ease to them, like they're natural. the sadbrain knows the words to this song.

more positive thoughts, or doing things that aren't part of that depressive funk, they're not easy at all. they seem alien and foreign and sometimes downright impossible even if they're not, actually (*thinks back to the days she was too depressed to take a 5m shower but could certainly spend 15m ruminating about exactly how she'd ruined everyone's lives*).

and when the sadbrain doesn't have the energy for new, foreign, or alien, well... that easy groove is right there.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Lewy body dementia is basically what we would normally think of as the slide into dementia but in fast forward. Someone I knew who died from it went from slight tremors in the hands to death in 18 months, with only a few months between diagnosis and an inability to function independently.

Obviously, we can't know with certainty what his motives were, but his family has said that his diagnosis was the reason he committed suicide, with the explanation that he did not have more than a few months left and so he chose to go out on his own terms. Personally, as someone who has struggled with suicidal thoughts, I don't choose to use him as an example because of that uncertainty.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Azathoth posted:

Obviously, we can't know with certainty what his motives were, but his family has said that his diagnosis was the reason he committed suicide, with the explanation that he did not have more than a few months left and so he chose to go out on his own terms. Personally, as someone who has struggled with suicidal thoughts, I don't choose to use him as an example because of that uncertainty.

According to what I could find, his widow said they didn't have a definitive diagnosis until after he died. But it's not as if a diagnosis would have helped much, there's little that you can do by that stage.

What surprises (and shocks) me is that it's 4 years on and today is the first time I understood the pathology of the symptoms he had, even though it's the second-commonest form of dementia after Alzheimer's and I've had medical training about dementia. Ask most people and they think he was just depressed.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Aesop Poprock posted:

This story MMA fighter/podcast host/pro wrestling enthusiast Chael Sonnen tells is pretty drat weird and there’s not really a better way to explain it because even he still doesn’t get it

https://youtu.be/a881X4SYWDs

:stare: ok so Steve is totally an actual for real psychopath right

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

not to turn this into depression chat but the.... the brain wears grooves. patterns of thoughts where you know what comes next. thoughts like the quoted ones, like, I know how they're gonna go, and there's this ease to them, like they're natural. the sadbrain knows the words to this song.

more positive thoughts, or doing things that aren't part of that depressive funk, they're not easy at all. they seem alien and foreign and sometimes downright impossible even if they're not, actually (*thinks back to the days she was too depressed to take a 5m shower but could certainly spend 15m ruminating about exactly how she'd ruined everyone's lives*).

Yeah, when I was first being treated for major depression in my mid-twenties I had both a psychiatrist who would monitor my mood (through self-reporting) and prescribe meds to alleviate that and a psychiatrist who would work with me on developing coping mechanisms most other people take for granted (or don’t even need). His specialty was CBT (no, not *that* one. The other one. For brains), and I learned the two most valuable things I’ve learned as an adult:

1 - I can’t fix the mind I got with the mind I got

2 - I can’t think my way into acting better, but I can act my way into thinking better

Like you say, it’s loving *hard*. And alien and counter to everything my broke-brain wants. It took a long, hard time. But it worked and I was eventually weaned off my meds.

I’m not “cured” in any sense of the word. I still have episodes of depression. But they aren’t as deep, and don’t seem quite as insurmountable. The biggest difference is I now have tools I can use to not only recognize when this is happening to me, but to return to a more even keel emotionally and cognitively.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

These are both very good posts.

Like, doing things you enjoy to lift yourself up, or relearning alternatives to maladaptive habits/behaviours/thought patterns is a worthwhile and important part of treatment for many people and it's a process I'm going through at the moment, supplemented by meds because without those I wouldn't be able to do the smallest thing. But it takes time to undo a lifetime of sick thinking, it's hard, and as my health care professionals keep reminding me, it's really easy to set unattainable goals, fail and regress.

"Just" doing something like going to the gym regularly might as well be crossing the Sahara if you're struggling to have a shower once a week, or get out of bed before 4pm on your day off, or whatever. It's like having a broken leg; yes, you need to do physio and exercise, but a random person isn't qualified to tell you how far you should be walking or how hard you should push yourself.

Anyway, sorry for continuing the brain problems derail! I can't remember if he's been discussed in this thread before but a recent episode of mfm introduced me to Harvey Glatman, the Glamour Girl Slayer:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_Glatman

Notable for getting caught practicing autoerotic asphyxiation with a rope at twelve years old.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Mmm. There's a thing called "behavioral activation" which is a fancy brain doctor word for "do stuff that makes you feel happier" which can be part of some treatments for depression (so too can exercise), but only if it's something you can realistically do, and usually not as the only treatment.

and when the sadbrain doesn't have the energy for new, foreign, or alien, well... that easy groove is right there.
Yeah, but unfortunately anhedonia can be part of depression so trying to get out of your groove and do stuff you should find fun can still give you that same empty feeling.

I find mindfulness stuff most helpful when I'm on the edges of a depression, when I'm medicated and functional but still feel that pit inside sucking at me. It helps me determine where my emotions are being warped and helps me avoid feeding the depression too badly. But when I'm in a severe episode, that doesn't really work. It still might get me up and get me to eat or shower or do basic self-care, though, which is a victory for maintaining myself so I can feel better later.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Basically being clean and fed and hydrated isn't going to cure my depression, but being dirty and hungry and thirsty will certainly make it worse. Same like taking regular long walks won't cure me, but sitting on my rear end all day will make me feel worse.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Sarcopenia posted:

That's exactly my point. I don't know how many times I've tried to explain to people that for example, that time when someone close to you died is not the same thing. It always seems like they feel like it is a slap to their face. As if I'm diminishing the pain they've felt due to things that have happened to them. "I felt a huge loss and I got through it without being a sad sack.". I could have gotten a million dollars tomorrow and be promised world peace but it wouldn't have changed the fact that in my mind I was a worthless sack of poo poo that people would be way better off not having in their lives because I'm a big fakey faker who is draining the life out of everyone around me.

I've been thinking about this a lot, and I've come to the conclusion that while a brain can imagine living without legs or without an arm to some extent, because those factors do not affect the working of one's cognition, a brain just can't imagine itself being deformed by a mental illness, no matter how well meaning the person trying to understand depression can be. It's like, cogito ergo sum, but what happens when the cogitum breaks down, can the being that flows from it relate to the being built up from the "normal" cogitata? Hardly, if it really is true that we are just a product of our experiences.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
In the end, the only thing* the brain couldn’t understand… was itself

*not the only thing

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Sarcopenia posted:

it wouldn't have changed the fact that in my mind I was a worthless sack of poo poo that people would be way better off not having in their lives because I'm a big fakey faker who is draining the life out of everyone around me.

This is a feeling that cannot be adequately described to anyone who hasn't already felt it. It crushing and you feel like your death would be a favor to everyone and, while they might be sad for a little while, eventually they'd realize they are totally better off without having your around to bother them and make them worry and constantly provide validation for your existence.

I'm so much better now but that's after medication, years of therapy, and a gender identity disorder diagnosis and related treatment. It's still a struggle every day, but Cognitive Behavioral Therapy was a big help.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Aleph Null posted:

This is a feeling that cannot be adequately described to anyone who hasn't already felt it. It crushing and you feel like your death would be a favor to everyone and, while they might be sad for a little while, eventually they'd realize they are totally better off without having your around to bother them and make them worry and constantly provide validation for your existence.

I'm so much better now but that's after medication, years of therapy, and a gender identity disorder diagnosis and related treatment. It's still a struggle every day, but Cognitive Behavioral Therapy was a big help.

I'll second all of this. CBT has been such a huge help.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
In conclusion, mental illness is a land of contrasts.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Azathoth posted:

I'll second all of this. CBT has been such a huge help.

Whoa for some reason I complete forgot the acronym for cognitive behavioral therapy and only remembered the one for cock and ball torture.

Jesus wept.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Wasabi the J posted:

Whoa for some reason I complete forgot the acronym for cognitive behavioral therapy and only remembered the one for cock and ball torture.

Jesus wept.

Yeah, that confused the poo poo out of me the first time I saw CBT in a porn video's title.

CBT (not the cock and ball one) pulled me out of the worst of it. Now I'm on antidepressants because lol American healthcare system I can't afford therapy but pills are dirt cheap.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

OutOfPrint posted:

Yeah, that confused the poo poo out of me the first time I saw CBT in a porn video's title.

I hear this confusion all the time on SA, but I think you're the first to take it from the the angle of "What, there are cognitive behaviour therapy pornos?"

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Wasabi the J posted:

Jesus wept.

Although, I haven’t seen any studies that suggest that cock and ball torture doesnt help treat depression.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jedit posted:

I hear this confusion all the time on SA, but I think you're the first to take it from the the angle of "What, there are cognitive behaviour therapy pornos?"

Therapist porn has to be a thing.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Yup. Anything where you gently caress with power dynamics is definitely going to have porn.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Yeah, between this and the Nutty Putty incident, caving can just gently caress right off.

Jesus H Christ. I can’t even read to the end of that, my chest feels tight by the end of the first few paragraphs. :gonk:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

monkeytennis posted:

Jesus H Christ. I can’t even read to the end of that, my chest feels tight by the end of the first few paragraphs. :gonk:

It might be the writing, but I found it weird when it said they couldn't pull him out without breaking his legs... so they just didnt and then he died

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

monkeytennis posted:

Is it flakiness on my computer's end, or does that article just end with "welp, not gettin' this guy out alive"?

Also, I've been sky-diving, which is a kind of batshit crazy thing to do, but I really don't get why anyone would deliberately squeeze themselves into a cave where other people have died. "Hmm, yes, I'm a grown man, lemme just try to navigate a 8.5" inch corkscrew crevasse that a 140 pound teenager got stuck in"

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Yeah, same here the article just sort of ends quite abruptly.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

NLJP posted:

:stare: ok so Steve is totally an actual for real psychopath right

It's worth noting that Chael Sonnen is congenitally incapable of telling the truth, and every single word of that story is undoubtedly a lie.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It’s a little confusing from what I remember since it’s been a while since I read the article but wasn’t it basically they were sure he’d die from tha trauma or something and he was in agony as they tried to move him? In retrospect yeah it seems weird they wouldn’t even attempt it as a last ditch resort though

In regards to the nutty putty cave not chael sonnen. What a weird story to tell if none of it was true, is he from 1.0 GBS or something?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

fruit on the bottom posted:

Yeah, same here the article just sort of ends quite abruptly.

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Is it flakiness on my computer's end, or does that article just end with "welp, not gettin' this guy out alive"?

Also, I've been sky-diving, which is a kind of batshit crazy thing to do, but I really don't get why anyone would deliberately squeeze themselves into a cave where other people have died. "Hmm, yes, I'm a grown man, lemme just try to navigate a 8.5" inch corkscrew crevasse that a 140 pound teenager got stuck in"

Sorry 'bout that y'all -- it was actually a two-part article, and the second part apparently wasn't linked.

Here's the end if you want to read it.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Drunk Nerds posted:

It might be the writing, but I found it weird when it said they couldn't pull him out without breaking his legs... so they just didnt and then he died

It's the writing. When they tried to pull him out, one of the pulleys gave way because the walls are made out of soft clay and it wasn't anchored fully into solid rock, they tried to fix it but couldn't get that critical pulley anchored right for a long time.

By the time they got it working enough to try again, he was unconscious and they determined that the bends in the cave meant that they needed him to be able to make small adjustments as they pulled.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Sorry 'bout that y'all -- it was actually a two-part article, and the second part apparently wasn't linked.

Here's the end if you want to read it.

:stare: jeeze louise, I almost wish you hadn't posted that. It just gets worse and worse.

quote:

"John loves the outdoors; he loves Utah; he loves wide open space," said Emily. "It's so fitting that it's his spot now."

Emily, sweetie, this story brought me to tears and I want to give you all the hugs in the world, but I think what killed your man was the exact polar opposite of "wide open space"

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Jedit posted:

I had the same confusion, since CBT had *always* meant cognitive behavioral therapy to me loooong before porn had really moved off usenet. I guess I was expecting something more along the lines of Dom/Sub operant conditioning games or something when I saw a title “CBT - Dom and her Slave.mpg”

To say I was... surprised would be understating things. The Internet failed me and continues to this day.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

JacquelineDempsey posted:

:stare: jeeze louise, I almost wish you hadn't posted that. It just gets worse and worse.

Emily, sweetie, this story brought me to tears and I want to give you all the hugs in the world, but I think what killed your man was the exact polar opposite of "wide open space"

That’s what makes it so fitting! It’s his arch-nemesis

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...i4Zb?ocid=ientp

quote:

A team of cold-case investigators claim they’ve decoded a 1972 message by D.B. Cooper — and that it contains a confession from Vietnam veteran Robert Rackstraw, long suspected of being the infamous skyjacker.

The letter was addressed to “The Portland Oregonian Newspaper.”

Months earlier, a man identified as the fictitious Cooper had hijacked a Seattle-bound flight and later parachuted out of a plane with $200,000, never to be heard from again.

“This letter is too (sic) let you know I am not dead but really alive and just back from the Bahamas, so your silly troopers up there can stop looking for me. That is just how dumb this government is. I like your articles about me but you can stop them now. D.B. Cooper is not real,” it reads.

“I want out of the system and saw a way through good ole Unk,” he writes. “Now it is Uncle’s turn to weep and pay one of it’s own some cash for a change. (And please tell the lackey cops D.B. Cooper is not my real name).”

Television and film producer Tom Colbert — who’s led a team of about 40 private investigators in the search for Cooper — said he received the letter after successfully suing the FBI for the Cooper files.

“No one even knew about this letter,” Colbert told the Daily News. “When I got it, I noticed it was typed just like (a different Cooper letter), so I called a code breaker and showed it to him. He said, ‘Tom, you’re not going to believe it, but his confession is in here,'” Colbert said.

Rick Sherwood, a former member of the Army Security Agency — which deciphers signals — said he spotted four phrases or words that were repeated throughout the note, including “D.B. Cooper is not real,” “Uncle” or “Unk” referring to Uncle Sam, “the system,” and “lackey cops.”

“D.B. Cooper” and “lackey cops” appeared in the same sentence, “as did “Unk” and “the system,” suggesting to Sherwood that the coded messages could be contained in those sentences.

He decoded “through good ole Unk” to mean “by skyjacking a jet plane,” using a system of letters and numbers.

“And please tell the lackey cops” was decoded to mean “I am 1st LT Robert Rackstraw,” according to Colbert.

Sherwood had deciphered earlier letters from Cooper and had become familiar with his writing style.

“I read it two or three times and said, ‘This is Rackstraw, this is what he does,’” Sherwood told the Daily News.

“I noticed he kept on repeating words in his sentences and thought he had a code in there somewhere. He was taunting like he normally does and I thought his name was going to be in it and sure enough the numbers added up perfectly,” he said.

He said the entire decoding process took him a couple weeks.

“I was definitely shocked his name was in there. That’s what I was looking for and everything added up to that,” he said.

An earlier letter, addressed to four different newspapers, contained hidden identifiers — including his military units — that pointed to Rackstraw, now 74 and living in the San Diego area. Rackstraw, who could not be reached for comment, was previously investigated and cleared by authorities of being Cooper, but he remains the most likely suspect in the elusive case.

“Let’s just say we closed the case and this is icing on the cake I didn’t expect, it truly is. We not only had his initials and units in the other letters, but we now have him saying, ‘I am Cooper.’ Rackstraw is a narcissistic sociopath who never thought he would be caught,” Colbert said.

“He was trying to prove that he was smarter than anyone else. But he couldn’t fight 1500 years of brainpower on our team. We beat him. I didn’t expect it, but it’s the icing.”

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Why am I not seeing this reported anywhere else? If it turns out to be true then that makes two amazing cold case solves so far this year. Gonna cross my fingers they figure out who the Zodiac and Jack the Ripper are next. Live in a world with no more mysteries!

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Solice Kirsk posted:

Why am I not seeing this reported anywhere else? If it turns out to be true then that makes two amazing cold case solves so far this year. Gonna cross my fingers they figure out who the Zodiac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Solice Kirsk posted:

Why am I not seeing this reported anywhere else? If it turns out to be true then that makes two amazing cold case solves so far this year. Gonna cross my fingers they figure out who the Zodiac and Jack the Ripper are next. Live in a world with no more mysteries!
DB Cooper was the Zodiac Killer.