Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Spoeank posted:

It rules that it was jackrabbits brother who did it after Ross Tucker crapped all over Jenkins for hanging out with the wrong kinds of people today on his podcast, essentially victim-blaming the person who was strangled to death.

Yeah it sucks hearing Ross get brainwashed over the years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Wtf is with Tamba hali and his hair

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Wtf is with Tamba hali and his hair

I'm going to choose to believe that's the only place he can grow hair and he isn't willing to give it up.

I can't find a picture but you can see what we're talking about here.

It was good to hear him say he might be interested in coaching, I think he could be good at it. And lord knows every Chiefs defender other than Justin Houston needs work on their hand-fighting.

e: Huh, listened to a little bit of his music. It isn't abjectly horrible like I was assuming it would be. I don't know if I'd call it good but it's laid back and chill.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jun 28, 2018

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

waah posted:

He's always been very sheltered and lacking in Empathy.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

waah posted:

I'm getting to the point where I have to start culling podcasts and his is starting to look mighty tempting. I'm not seeing what I get there other than when Andrew Brandt or Greg Cossell are on.

Though if you skip all the ads and bs at the beginning it's only like 15 minutes long.

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank

waah posted:

Agreed. It’s tough listening to some of what he says now because boy it’s stupid.

Suggestions for other daily/regular podcasts doing a similar sort of thing? At least listening to the RTFP keeps me up to date with what’s going on, I’d miss that if I just stopped listening.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Finger Prince posted:

Turns out trying to hotbox the volcano bag... bad idea.

Actually, it's not

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
My big memory of Ross Tucker is the podcast, I think right after Seau died or right after some sort of function honoring Seau, where he started telling a story. He was laughing about how he cheap-shotted Junior in the face mask and nearly knocked him out. During some joint practice. Sue got up and gave him some poo poo. Ross was laughing about it and then kind of trails off realizing what he's talking about.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
gently caress Ross Tucker, that'll teach him to laugh at me when I call in and tell him the Raiders will be 10-6

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
10 reasons the Vikings will be a dumpster fire this season

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

:vince:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1012382085087145984

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

What a joke. The team sold for how many billions?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I believe that's the largest fine the NFL has ever handed out. On the other hand of course:

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

What a joke. The team sold for how many billions?

This makes it rather meaningless.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

ah, the American Finance model of punitive action I see

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
They probably can't fine him a billion dollars.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
If they did the players might actually see a buck or two from it and we can't have that happen.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

I'm sure he's learned his lesson now that he had to give up *grabs calculator* 0,125% of the money he made from selling the team.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The fine should be added as a cap charge and paid out to panthers players using the performance-based pay system.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

I'm sure he's learned his lesson now that he had to give up *grabs calculator* 0,125% of the money he made from selling the team.

On the bright side you know this really super pisses Jerry Richardson off because he doesn't think of it this way. He thinks of it as if he was broke and he's giving up 2.75 million which is unprecedented!!!

So at least he's probably really angry about this.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1012391585928171521

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Wait...wasn't he already suspended?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

pubic works project posted:

Wait...wasn't he already suspended?

Not officially.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Sounds like he's admitting guilt here.

quote:

Jameis Winston Statement

“The NFL informed me today that I will be suspended for the first three games of the season.

First and foremost, I would like to say I’m sorry to the Uber driver for the position I put you in. It is uncharacteristic of me and I genuinely apologize. In the past 2 1/2 years my life has been filled with experiences, opportunities and events that have helped me grow, mature and learn, including the fact that I have eliminated alcohol from my life.

I know I have to hold myself to a higher standard on and off the field and that I have a responsibility to my family, community, and teammates to live above the platform with which God has blessed me. I apologize to my teammates, the Buccaneers organization and fans for letting them down and for not being able to be out there for the first three games of the season. Although I am disappointed in the NFL’s decision, I understand the NFL’s process, and I embrace this as an opportunity to take advantage of the resources available to help me achieve the goals that I have for myself.

I now look forward to putting this behind me and I will continue to work hard every day to be a positive influence in my community and be the best person, teammate and leader I can be.”

Also:

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1012394600634429440

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jun 28, 2018

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Now official

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1012393899132776449?s=19

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
For fans of the Steelers how do you square your fandom of the team against the awfulness of the QB’s history? I stopped caring for the Bucs after Winston was drafted because I felt he probably assaulted that woman at FSU and the school and Tally PD covered it up. I’ve resigned myself to just not follow the Bucs as long as he is on the team, is that how it works for Steelers fans?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

If I'm the Bucs I move on from Winston. I mean, I would have never selected him in the first place, but from a vile, detached, calculated, bottom-line perspective, his level of talent is not nearly enough to make up for the PR hits they constantly take for the horrible things he does.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I kind of thought it was gonna go up by the end. But I'm sure his promise not to appeal and his "apology" convinced the NFL not to make a bigger deal about it. I do believe that Winston was so drunk he probably doesn't even remember what happened (he was put on the uber in the first place because he was so wasted and making a huge rear end of himself). Regardless if that's the person that comes out when you drink then that's who you are, at least a little bit

Nystral posted:

For fans of the Steelers how do you square your fandom of the team against the awfulness of the QB’s history? I stopped caring for the Bucs after Winston was drafted because I felt he probably assaulted that woman at FSU and the school and Tally PD covered it up. I’ve resigned myself to just not follow the Bucs as long as he is on the team, is that how it works for Steelers fans?

I've heard talk of an ebook guide on how to cheer for a team led by a rapist, you should look into that

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nystral posted:

I mean you're watching a sport that exists so a bunch of obscenely rich assholes extort cities for billions of dollars so that a bunch of 20-somethings can get into simulated car crashes over and over again until they end up crippled and brain damaged and shoot themselves at age 43.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nystral posted:

Super Bowls clear up a lot.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Super Bowls clear up a lot.

Not really an option in this case. Not only do you have to cheer for a rapist, he's also committing the greater crime of being bad at football

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
I don't understand why it is three games as opposed to six. Can anyone clear it up for me?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

It’s insane this is a fully employed human.

Also Jameis should be suspended for at least half the season if not the whole thing.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Tom Sellout posted:

I don't understand why it is three games as opposed to six. Can anyone clear it up for me?

nfl doesn't care about rape and assault, that's about as clear as it can be made

Don't dudes get four games for weed? great fuckin priorities you've got there

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
I at least expected the NFL to be consistent in how they pretend to care about domestic abuse and sexual harrassment. It turns out I was dumb.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

well, at least he isn't high when he sexually assaults people

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
A game that is more and more concerned about limiting the violence men commit against each other doesn’t give a poo poo about the violence they commit against women.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Tom Sellout posted:

I at least expected the NFL to be consistent in how they pretend to care about domestic abuse and sexual harrassment. It turns out I was dumb.

They gave Elliott the six games to punish Jerry Jones and put him in his place. Winston gave the NFL their due and surrendered to them and this is his reward

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Their explanation explicitly lays out that Winston sexually assaulted the lady so... yeah, uh, why is that not 6 games exactly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

They don't have to explain themselves to peasants

• Locked thread