Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The_Doctor posted:

Huh, grab a Veers, make a Scaroth!

But does it come with a Mona Lisa with the words "This is a fake" written to show up under black light?

This one does!!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Davros1 posted:

But does it come with a Mona Lisa with the words "This is a fake" written to show up under black light?

This one does!!!

Oooooooh. I love that there’s Who figure sets I had no clue even existed. Now the crime there is that it doesn’t come with Romana too.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

My sideshow Jack Burton arrived yesterday. The box was pretty cool. Jack's face is a little... off. It's a good likeness, it's just better from certain angles than others. Dead on maybe his eyes are a bit closer than they should be?

Anyways I put him in my display and I was amused how much bigger he is than I expected compared to my other 6th scale dollies. Jack is bigger than Iron Man apparently.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://shop.mattel.com/shop/en-us/ms/featured-at-sdcc/hot-wheels-marvel-thanos-helicopter-gbp00

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I didn't notice it in the last few pages so I guess I only saw it from a friend in gchat but why is no one talking about the Thanos copter?

Edit: ohh well gently caress you beating me

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Finally!

https://twitter.com/toyark/status/1011635961095221249?s=21

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The_Doctor posted:

Oooooooh. I love that there’s Who figure sets I had no clue even existed. Now the crime there is that it doesn’t come with Romana too.

Varients of Jo, The Brig, Leela, Peri, and Ace are the only companions that the line's done. Rather disappointed in that.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
Was out to dinner about 3 minutes from our local Toys R Us, so we swung by on the way home. Does anyone remember me saying several months ago that they had three figures of Shannon Doherty's character from Mallrats? Well now they had one, which means two of them actually sold. But what of popular stuff like Marvel Legends characters? Well friends, they had an entire wall full!

Cry

and let slip the dogs of war

(even at $6 I didn't buy one)

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

davebo posted:

Was out to dinner about 3 minutes from our local Toys R Us, so we swung by on the way home. Does anyone remember me saying several months ago that they had three figures of Shannon Doherty's character from Mallrats? Well now they had one, which means two of them actually sold. But what of popular stuff like Marvel Legends characters? Well friends, they had an entire wall full!

Cry

and let slip the dogs of war

(even at $6 I didn't buy one)

My store (which today was my last day) has a wall of Starlord from the Titus wave along with a wall of Jyn from Rogue One.

Also we had about 100 Becky dolls from the WWE line that just haven't sold in months.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Did the other ones sell and nobody likes Becky, or did you just get a lot of Beckys?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Aphrodite posted:

Did the other ones sell and nobody likes Becky, or did you just get a lot of Beckys?

Just a lot of Becky. I think there two Eva there randomly in the pit.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
I'm not familiar with WWE but I did see a wall of some blonde WWE figure that was slightly smaller than the wall of Havoks.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Back when I was doing custom figures more often, a wall like that would be really exciting cause it meant plentiful cheap custom fodder. But now my house is full of figures waiting to be customized and I never do it, so I look at that and sigh...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If only Madrox was in that wave.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

If only Madrox was in that wave.

I was so disappointed Madrox will be in his '90s X-Factor costume and not his '00s costume -- the green shirt with the six interconnected circles. If they made that version, I would definitely buy a few. Peter David made him one of my favorite characters in that mid-'00s X-Factor run.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Hey, everyone! It’s Havok! With a K!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I dunno, but I'll be selling my Madrox lose when he arrives.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Madrox's 90s costume gives me hope that we'll eventually get a 90s X-Force team. All we need at this point is Wolfsbane and Strong Guy, and Strong Guy is a bit of a "duh" BAF at this point.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Yikes that's a terrible design.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

s.i.r.e. posted:

Yikes that's a terrible design.

There’s no such thing as a bad Predator design. :colbert:

Tangentially related, I love that Predators look like individuals with their own styles, I think it really gives them a lot of flavor and hammers home the notion that their race isn’t homogeneous (you know, like humans). Seeing fanboy nerds trip over themselves to “reconcile” differences in Predator behavior and appearance (as if every member of the race has to be the same, like in Star Wars or Star Trek) has always made me giggle. Imagine if alien races took the same approach when studying humans - we’d constantly confuse the everloving gently caress out of them.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

That Predator looks like he spent much of his youth playing Halo and watching any modern super hero film and just loved the armor from them.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

s.i.r.e. posted:

That Predator looks like he spent much of his youth playing Halo and watching any modern super hero film and just loved the armor from them.

And more power to him. :colbert:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Xenomrph posted:

And more power to him. :colbert:

Exactly. All Predators are fun. I like variety

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The real question is, we'll get a figure of that awesome pred rocking camo pants?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Probably not but I loving hope so. There’s two of them so NECA can make bank with em.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Xenomrph posted:

There’s no such thing as a bad Predator design. :colbert:

Tangentially related, I love that Predators look like individuals with their own styles, I think it really gives them a lot of flavor and hammers home the notion that their race isn’t homogeneous (you know, like humans). Seeing fanboy nerds trip over themselves to “reconcile” differences in Predator behavior and appearance (as if every member of the race has to be the same, like in Star Wars or Star Trek) has always made me giggle. Imagine if alien races took the same approach when studying humans - we’d constantly confuse the everloving gently caress out of them.

What about the predator with tentacles coming out of his face? I literally just woke up from a dream that involved Predator toys. The 90's style ones.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t like those Kenner figures but eh. They’re fine.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The Predators were pretty crappy, but those 90's Aliens toys ruled.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Did you watch the trailer yet? This one's even more of a fuckin' chump than the ones in AvP or Predators. OG Pred would be spinning in his grave if he hadn't completely atomised himself.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/1012319794341863424

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Toyark/status/1012404164192817152

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That’s the only figure I’m looking forward too but no way am I paying 40 bucks for the thing

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

CelticPredator posted:

That’s the only figure I’m looking forward too but no way am I paying 40 bucks for the thing

NECA's shipping is such bullshit.

Where can I find one of these things in stores with TRU gone? Walmart?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

s.i.r.e. posted:

NECA's shipping is such bullshit.

Where can I find one of these things in stores with TRU gone? Walmart?

The only physical place other than tru I've ever seen NECA is the fye in the mall

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Look for collector stores, or movie and video stores. I have two that are fairly close to me.

I think GameStop is becoming a big NECA distributor now too.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'll give GameStops a shot.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Posted on the Dischord, but here is the last remaining stock at Toys R Us when my store closed. I didn't work the last day so I wasn't there to see the end, but a co-worker gave me the picture.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rip. Worst job I’ve ever had, and killed any desire to go back.

But it was fun before then I guess.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

CelticPredator posted:

Rip. Worst job I’ve ever had, and killed any desire to go back.

But it was fun before then I guess.

I enjoyed it, but mostly because of the employees and how little poo poo we gave at times at work. Could get away just talking to a co-worker about what games we play for a hour because things were slow. Not going to miss the customers who were the rudest and dumbest fucks I ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Hottoys announced a Batman: Arkham Knight Deathstroke, and it is sexy