Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Is it already over? I just tuned in and the stream is offline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They said they had to shut it down after the Paper Mario run but that was like 2 hours ago and I just assumed it was a quick offline/online thing for VOD purposes.

lol if it's still down.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Oh it just came back.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They've been having tech issues since Paper mario

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Deus Ex FTW!

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

cool he fucks up the second trick in the game

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
My vision is augmented.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmao throwing the knife at NPCs to interrupt convos mid cutscene is badass

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

This guys voice sounds sped up

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Lmao did he just loot his own cross savestate glitched corpse

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

People who have meticulously planned comedy routines for their run that aren't even remotely funny are also awesome. This run is gonna be great.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

the ultimate runner.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The item duping in invisible war was great because I think everybody who ever played it discovered it at some point. That if you hit the item limit on something and tried to pick up another item it would just spawn mounds of them on the ground

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Lol it does

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
He reminds me of peturwems.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

People who have meticulously planned comedy routines for their run that aren't even remotely funny are also awesome. This run is gonna be great.

The organizers have really cracked down on what people can say, so it actually makes sense that people would resort to scripting and rehearsing 'funny' things to say during their runs instead of actually letting funny things happen and risk getting banned

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHQZNNajxOk

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Super glitchy runs like this are kinda boring. You're never really sure what's actually going on and there's no flow to it at all.

Also PC game runs with QS/QL exploits are aids.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kihGm4KfY7k&t=10s

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm not watching but the worst runs are when they just glitch out of the geometry of the world and slowly walk around to the end

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

lmao @1:11

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm not watching but the worst runs are when they just glitch out of the geometry of the world and slowly walk around to the end

I remember being stoked for a DOOM '16 one a couple years ago and they just did this in every level and I loving hated it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lots of classics but i think my favorite is Think Tenks?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I speel my dreenk!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

this one is cool because theres lots of clippign through walls and menuing and duping etc happening constantly so theres like a billion inputs a second that makes him fly through level geometry at a overwhelming pace, and you cant go out of bounds bc you would just instantly die. plus i just love deus ex.

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Now he's doing Mario 64 style fake grab box cloning. Cool

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Will you marry me? From Floppy Jim.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I remember being stoked for a DOOM '16 one a couple years ago and they just did this in every level and I loving hated it.

this is every modern aaa 3d game and its poo poo

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
yeah i dont think oob in DX1 is possible given that it kills you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

what made the doom one even worse is that the guy hosed up the trick basically every single time and even spent upwards of like 8 minutes trying to do one jump.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

this is every modern aaa 3d game and its poo poo

Yeah the new tomb raider run was Lara humping mountains and running on air while the TR1 run was entirely expert movement and setups.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

its the worst. the metroid prime 1 and 2 runs have slowly become this over the years as more OOB glitches are discovered, 2 last i checked is entirely walking around in the void with the guy swearing it's really hard and precise

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i dont care if it takes robotic precision to pull off it's loving boring to watch and sucks the fun out of it. "Oh poo poo..hows he gonna get past this really hard boss without these iterms and powers and-oh he just clipped through the wall and walked past it like everything else"

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

Yeah the new tomb raider run was Lara humping mountains and running on air while the TR1 run was entirely expert movement and setups.

you get to hear them say the really well programmed joke "joke" ""JOKE"" while they clip out of bounds for an hour tho

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

i dont care if it takes robotic precision to pull off it's loving boring to watch and sucks the fun out of it. "Oh poo poo..hows he gonna get past this really hard boss without these iterms and powers and-oh he just clipped through the wall and walked past it like everything else"

fps bosses are all aids so they should be clippe dby

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

its the worst. the metroid prime 1 and 2 runs have slowly become this over the years as more OOB glitches are discovered, 2 last i checked is entirely walking around in the void with the guy swearing it's really hard and precise

fat boy miles is an indie treasure. gently caress you!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Miles is a big girl now iirc. ANd yes she's my favorite runner ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
watching the celeste race and crying thinking about how good celeste is

• Locked thread