Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Maugrim posted:

Swim for it.
What's the worst that could have happened if we'd swung? Either we make it or we end up falling into the sea and swim anyway.

The Deathlord of Ixia posted:

You leap over the gunwale, through a blinding wall of flame, and hit the sea feet-first. The frigid water is shockingly cold, but your Magnakai Discipline of Nexus protects you from its numbing chill and you are able to surface quickly. Burning chunks of timber and sailcloth rain down all around as you strike out towards a flight of stone steps that rise out of the sea to the top of the quay.

Unfortunately, your escape from the blazing ice-boat does not go unnoticed. Upon reaching the steps you are met by a dozen skeletal warriors who are determined to slay you before you can haul yourself out of the icy water.

Ixian Undead: COMBAT SKILL 41 ENDURANCE 46

These beings are immune to all forms of psychic attack, except Kai-surge and Kai-blast. Also, because you are still in the icy water, you must reduce your COMBAT SKILL by 5 for the duration of this combat.
Lone Wolf: COMBAT SKILL 39 ENDURANCE 40
Ixian Undead: COMBAT SKILL 41 ENDURANCE 46
Combat Ratio: -2

We roll: 1
Lone Wolf: COMBAT SKILL 39 ENDURANCE 35
Ixian Undead: COMBAT SKILL 41 ENDURANCE 40

We roll: 8
Lone Wolf: COMBAT SKILL 39 ENDURANCE 34
Ixian Undead: COMBAT SKILL 41 ENDURANCE 20

We roll: 10
Lone Wolf: COMBAT SKILL 39 ENDURANCE 34
Ixian Undead: COMBAT SKILL 41 ENDURANCE 0

As the last skeleton warrior falls to your lightning-swift blows, you drag yourself out of the freezing water, across the bony bodies of those you have valiantly defeated, and stumble up the steps to the top of quay. You are met by Captain Lanza and his men, all of whom are clearly amazed that you are still alive.

‘We have this enemy beaten,’ yells Lanza. ‘We’ve slain more than half their number and the rest have their backs to the sea. Will you help us finish the job, Grand Master?’

‘Gladly,’ you reply. ‘For Kai and Ishir, we’ll send them all to meet their unholy maker!’

Curing: +1 EP (35/41).

Lanza orders his men to arm themselves with warhammers from a nearby hut.

‘Normally my men use these to break up harbour ice in the dead of winter,’ he says, as together you help to distribute the heavy two-handed hammers among the garrison, ‘but now they can be put to good use smashing up the bones of our foes!’

Freshly equipped and fired by the taste of victory, Lanza and his men set about hammering the remnants of the attacking enemy. They drive them all the way back to their ship, literally shattering all who dare stand in their way. Within the hour the outpost is secured—the enemy have been destroyed.

You survey the aftermath of the battle with mixed emotions. You feel elated at having helped Lanza to win, but the ice-boat, which was to have conveyed you to Ixia, is now a burned wreck lying at the bottom of the harbour. All that can be seen of it is a few feet of its mainmast protruding at an angle above the surface of the sea. As you stare at this blackened masthead, you are joined by Captain Prarg.

‘What in Ishir’s name can we do, Grand Master?’ he says, staring dejectedly at the icy water which is swirling in eddies around the submerged wreck. ‘That ice-boat was the only vessel capable of transporting you to Ixia.’

‘Never fear, Prarg,’ you reply, confidently. ‘I’ve just had an idea that could be the answer to our problem.’

Curing: +1 EP (36/41).

‘There’s the answer,’ you say, pointing to the Ixian ship.

‘B … b … but … ’ stammers Prarg, clearly taken aback by the suggestion.

‘I grant you, it is a strange craft,’ you say, ‘but it looks well-suited for passage through icy waters. It served the enemy’s purpose well enough—I say it’s time we put it to better use.’

Prarg gives a weak smile and follows hesitantly in your wake as you leap aboard the deck of the Ixian ship.

‘First we’d best make sure it is empty,’ you say, as you unsheathe your weapon.

‘Very well,’ replies Prarg, ‘which end do you wish to search, Grand Master, the bow or the stern?’

Curing: +1 EP (37/41).
Shall we search the stern or the bow?

We have a boat and wish to use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Let's search the poop deck.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Search the bow.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

We have a bow and wish to search it.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

anakha posted:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

anakha posted:

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Stern so it has something.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

anakha posted:

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense

Tiggum posted:

Shall we search the stern or the bow?

We have a boat and wish to use it.

That strange glowing spere was near the wheelhouse, so I say: Bow.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Runcible Cat posted:

You advance cautiously along the ice-slick decking towards the high curving prow of this alien vessel. Strange and intricate carvings decorate every inch of its coal-black timbers, and runic symbols embellish the metal plates which sheathe the hull forward of the mainmast. Calling upon your Kai senses, you determine that this vessel was not constructed by the unhuman creatures who crewed it, but that it is an ancient ship, built and crafted by a race of mariners who have long since disappeared into the mists of time. Closer examination of the timbers reveals it to be more than eleven thousand years old.

An open hatch at the bow leads down into a gloomy hold where you discover a tangle of rotten rags and rusty weapons. Among this debris you find a Stone Bowl, a Crystal Tiara, and a Coil of Oiled Rope. (If you wish to keep any of these Backpack Items, remember to adjust your Action Chart accordingly.)

You are about to venture deeper into the hold when suddenly you hear Prarg’s voice—he is calling for you to come to the stern.

Curing: +1 EP (38/41).

You climb out of the forward hold and hurry along the deck to a flight of steps which ascend to the raised stern. A wheelhouse stands in the centre of the stern deck, inside of which you find Prarg examining a large glassy sphere mounted upon an ornate base of glittering black stone. A low hum and a faint greenish glow radiate from this sphere, which in turn is connected by silver tubes and strands of braided metal to the wheel which steers the craft.

‘What do you make of this, Grand Master?’ says Prarg, inviting you to take a closer look. You inspect the devices and determine them to be the propulsion and steering mechanisms. After careful appraisal of the controls you determine that you could easily sail the vessel.

‘Well, Grand Master,’ he says, staring bemusedly at the strange workings of this ship, ‘this is a rum craft and no mistake. Are you sure it can carry you to Ixia?’

‘Yes, I’m sure,’ you reply. ‘In fact I’m certain that it will be safer to sail the Tozaz in this ship than to attempt a crossing in any ice-boat bearing the Lencian flag.’

Prarg looks out of the wheelhouse window at the sunken remains of the ice-boat and says: ‘I hope you’re right, Grand Master. I sincerely hope you’re right.’

Curing: +1 EP (39/41).

You leave the Ixian ship and go in search of Captain Lanza. You find him with his men by the watchtower—they are building a bonfire out of rags and broken bones. A toothless sergeant empties a gallon of skark oil onto the heap and a burning torch sets the whole thing ablaze.

You stride over to Lanza and slap him heartily on the back. ‘Well fought, captain. You and your men have brought honour to Lencia this day.’

Captain Lanza greets your compliment with a sombre face. ‘Nay, sire,’ he says, sadly. ‘ ’It's the enemy who’ve won. The ice-boat is sunk and we cannot sail you to Ixia.’

‘We can use the enemy ship, Captain,’ you reply. ‘It is perfect for the task. All I need of you are some provisions and a crew.’

Lanza’s face brightens. He orders his men to prepare the Ixian ship and within the hour you are ready to set sail.

‘May the gods watch over you, Grand Master,’ says Prarg, as you bid him and Lanza farewell.

‘Do not fear,’ you reply. ‘I shall soon return.’

Curing: +1 EP (40/41).
We roll: 2.

You leave the harbour and set a northerly course to Ixia. It is less than an hour past noon and yet the winter night has already closed in. You share this icy darkness with a crew of six Lencian outposters, all of whom volunteered for this perilous mission. Lanza has ordered them to land you on the coast of Ixia and wait at anchor for seven days for you to return; they must wait no longer.

The blackness is lit only by the throbbing green glow which radiates from the sphere. You stare at this mesmerizing light and you are gripped by a feeling of unease. Your Kai senses warn you that there is a lingering aura of evil aboard this ship.

Curing: +1 EP (41/41).

You decide to ignore the lingering aura of evil and try to get a few hours’ sleep, but you find it impossible to rest—the insidious presence torments your mind. You abandon your attempt at sleep and instead you go forward and watch the ship’s mighty prow cutting its way through the foaming waters of the Tozaz: lose 2 ENDURANCE points.

Gradually the darkness gives way to an eerie dawn which casts its watery light upon a new hazard. In the grey half-light you see thousands of icebergs ahead, stretching across the horizon as far as the eye can see. You curse your misfortune—navigating a course through this icy maze could well prove impossible.

Endurance: 39/41.
  1. Do we keep any of the stuff we found?
  2. Do we stay at the prow and act as the ship's pilot or return to the wheelhouse and act as helmsman?

Backpack:
  1. Rope
  2. Lantern

3. Potion of Laumspur (+4 EP)
  4. Meal

5. Potion of Sabito (Water Breathing / 2 Doses)

6. Potion of Oede (+10 EP)

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Let's take the Crystal Tiara so we can look fabulous. Also, we better steer this thing ourselves so go to the helm.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Keep everything and stay at the prow.

Also, unless anyone objects, let's give Alyss the Tiara next time we see her.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

achtungnight posted:

let's give Alyss the Tiara next time we see her.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
  1. Keep everything
  2. Take the helm, don't trust these normies with the magic ship

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
"Driven north to the land of the snow and ice
To a place where nobody's been
Through the snow fog he takes the Tiara
Hailed in Ishir's name, hoping good luck it brings.

With sloping masts he helms the prow,
Wolf pursues with sword and bow
Still treads the shadow of his foe,
And forward bends his head,
The ship drove fast, loud roared the blast,
And :goleft:ward aye we fled."

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Keep everything and stay at the prow. We have Kai senses, so we can tell the other dudes where to steer.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Mikl posted:

Keep everything and stay at the prow. We have Kai senses, so we can tell the other dudes where to steer.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Mikl posted:

My thinking also.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Mikl posted:

Keep everything

Runcible Cat posted:

and stay at the prow.
OK, we've still got one space free in our backpack.

Quickly you instruct the helmsman to listen out for your directions; then you leave the wheelhouse and make your way forward to the bow. The vast bulk of any iceberg lies hidden beneath the surface and, with this chilling thought in mind, you lean over the prow and keep a careful watch on the waterline. This ship is strongly built but a collision with a submerged ridge could easily rip its hull wide open.

Guided by your telepathic directions, the helmsman steers the vessel towards a passage that is over-shadowed on either side by two monstrous mountains of ice.

We roll: 6 + 3 (G. Huntmastery) = 9.

You pilot the ship cautiously along a string of narrow fjords which cut an uncertain route through this treacherous field of icebergs. Using hand signals and telepathy, you send directions to the helmsman at the stern of the ship. It is a gruelling ordeal which takes its toll on all aboard. Every few minutes your vision is obscured by gusts of powdery snow which swirl across the prow, blown down from the tops of the surrounding ice cliffs. During these fierce blasts you often lose sight of the way ahead and are forced to rely solely upon your Kai instincts to see you through.

The wind howls incessantly, accompanied by the tortured screech of the hull as it skims and grazes vast banks of submerged ice. The sounds send shivers of dread coursing down your spine. The crew are also clearly terrified by the noises; they cower beside the ship’s rail and stare up at the encroaching walls of ice, mouthing prayers to Ishir, their eyes haunted with fear.

Then, almost without any warning, the snow-laden wind abates and the ship emerges from the iceberg field into the open waters of the Tozaz Sea. The crew give a hearty cheer, relieved that their icy ordeal has at last come to an end. One man pulls the cork from a bottle of black rum which he has been keeping for a special occasion. He takes a mighty swig, and then passes it to you. Just as you are raising the bottle to your lips, unexpectedly you hear one of the crew shout: ‘Ship ahoy!’

Fear returns to tie a knot in your stomach as you turn and focus your eagle eyes upon the distant vessel.

Less than a mile to the north, like some nightmare apparition surfacing from the deep, you see a broad-prowed vessel of prodigious size breaking low in the stormy water. You magnify your vision and see that its main deck is completely enclosed by a canopy of overlapping green-grey timbers, affording it the appearance of some gigantic fish. Two glassy portholes and a jagged line which stretches around its prow complete this chilling illusion.

For its shape and size it moves towards your ship at an unnatural speed. You call the crew to arms, fearing it to be an enemy vessel closing to attack, and you sense a shudder run through them when, for the first time, they clearly discern its alien design. You focus your Kai senses upon the oncoming craft and suddenly you realize its purpose. It is an Ixian vessel, come to rendezvous with your ship, believing it still to be manned by the undead horde which attacked Fort Azgad.

‘Stand firm!’ you shout, attempting to rally the nervous Lencians as the craft speeds ever nearer. When less than a hundred yards distant, its great prow begins to creak open. It is as if you are looking into the ghastly maw of a hungry sea predator. The fearful sight alarms the Lencian crew and they flee towards the bow of the ship in panic: ‘Save us!’ they cry. ‘Ishir save us! It’s going to eat us alive!’

The great alien vessel looms towards your ship, its jaw-like prow hinged open as if in readiness to bite you in half. Then, with stunning swiftness, your entire craft is consumed by this onrushing vessel, swallowed up in its great jaws. There is a moment of deadly silence. Then, in the morbid, greenish gloom, you hear a bubbling rush of icy water echoing through the vast depths of this gullet. With fearful anticipation you unsheathe your weapon, move towards the ship’s rail, and then look down. The surrounding seawater is fast draining away, leaving your ship dry-docked upon a long, V-shaped plinth which glistens like polished bone. The bubbling subsides, to be replaced by another noise—the sound of a great portal grinding open. Bright light streams across the deck, blazing down from an archway which is opening close to the starboard bow. Silhouetted in this light are a hundred moving forms, each man-sized and armed with a sword or a spear. A ghastly howl of anger arises from their ranks when they see unexpectedly that the ship is crewed by living men. As the first of their number leap from the arch and crash upon the deck, you recognize their form. Once these creatures were Drakkarim warriors; now they are undead slaves in the service of the Ixian Deathlord. You shout to the Lencians to prepare for battle as the first wave of undead Drakkarim comes surging forwards.
Do we stand and fight or run away?

By choosing to pilot rather than steer we risked a 20% chance of death (50% without Grand Huntmastery). There's no chance of dying if you take the helm (except by Endurance loss if you're particularly low).

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I vote we maintain the element of surprise if possible- Run away!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
e: woops too late

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
The ice was here, the ice was there,
The ice was all around:
It cracked and growled, and roared and howled,
Like noises in a swound!

'Ishir save thee, Wolfish Mariner!
From the fiends, that plague thee thus!'
So he wished to use his +3 bow
and shot the ALBATROSS.

We're gonna have to fight anyway, there's nowhere to run.

"One after one by the sun powered blade,
too quick for groan or sigh
each burned to crisp with a ghastly pang
and cursed me with his eye
four times fifty living men
(and I heard nor sigh nor groan)
with heavy thump, a lifeless lump,
they dropped down one by one."

whatever, we've got the sommerswerd, check these zombie fools

Mister Perky fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jun 28, 2018

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

achtungnight posted:

I vote we maintain the element of surprise if possible- Run away!

Lead our brave crew in the opposite direction as fast as possible!

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Mister Perky posted:

"One after one by the sun powered blade,
too quick for groan or sigh
each burned to crisp with a ghastly pang
and cursed me with his eye
four times fifty living men
(and I heard nor sigh nor groan)
with heavy thump, a lifeless lump,
they dropped down one by one."

whatever, we've got the sommerswerd, check these zombie fools

This. Also, commendable poetry Mr. Perky. I really enjoy reading it. :keke:

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
SPOILER: it's just Rime Of the Ancient Mariner with a few strategic noun changes to make it more Lone Wolfy :)

[supplementing with the Iron Maiden song, too]

[Albatross in all-caps is actually 100% Coleridge, though]

Mister Perky fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 28, 2018

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense
I really don't know how we could escape from this situation. It's time to Fight.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Well, we wouldn’t have any trouble running, since the enemy would probably be too busy carving up our crew.

Still, let’s fight.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Mister Perky posted:

Neither option is exactly a permanent solution, unless we're going to kill every single thing in Ixia.

As the first line of screeching Drakkarim hurl themselves forwards, you advance to meet their attack, your weapon dealing them destruction in a wide arc. Resistance meets your weapon’s keen edge, though it is not the touch of armour or flesh. Your powerful blows shear through Drakkarim bodies with the sickening feel of clinging jelly. It is as if you are fighting against a horde of bloodless phantoms possessed of a rubbery strength in their rotting, wasted limbs. The first line falls, but a second is poised ready to throw itself upon you with a mindless fury.

Drakkarim Marines (undead): COMBAT SKILL 42 ENDURANCE 42

These undead beings are immune to all forms of psychic attack, except Kai-surge and Kai-blast.
Lone Wolf: COMBAT SKILL 44 ENDURANCE 41
Drakkarim Marines (undead): COMBAT SKILL 42 ENDURANCE 42
Combat Ratio: 2

We roll: 6
Lone Wolf: COMBAT SKILL 48 ENDURANCE 39
Drakkarim Marines (undead): COMBAT SKILL 42 ENDURANCE 22

We roll: 10
Lone Wolf: COMBAT SKILL 48 ENDURANCE 39
Drakkarim Marines (undead): COMBAT SKILL 42 ENDURANCE 0

The moment you slay the second wave of undead, a third wave presses forward. They clamber awkwardly over the heaped bodies of those you have destroyed, their bony hands brandishing rusty blades and their eyes burning with a cold, devilish fire.

Seizing your only chance, you retreat from this onrushing horde and evade them by descending a stair which leads down into the ship’s hold. Above, you can hear the frenzied shouts of the Lencian crewmen as they are engaged by the undead Drakkarim in fierce hand-to-hand combat. Then the clatter of steel-shod boots on the steps alerts you to the fact that the Drakkarim have not given up the chase. As they begin to descend, you quickly scan the gloomy hold for a place to hide.

You crouch down amongst the foul-smelling debris which litters the floor of the hold, watching with bated breath as a dozen undead warriors enter by the stairs and begin a systematic search. Your Kai camouflage skills make you virtually invisible to the eye, but these undead Drakkarim no longer have eyes—they are using powerful psychic probes in an effort to locate you.

The undead warriors carry out a thorough search of the hold, passing several times within inches of where you are hiding, yet they fail to find you; your Kai-screen keeps you safe from detection. As you wait patiently for them to leave the hold, your thoughts are with the Lencian crewmen. The sound of fighting on the deck above has ceased and you are fearful that all the crew may have been slain by these merciless enemies.
Shall we follow the Drakkarim when they leave or stay hidden where we are?

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
Hear the groans of the long dead seamen
See them stir and they start to rise
Bodies lifted by good spirits
None of them speak and they're lifeless in their eyes

And revenge is still sought, penance starts again
Cast into a trance and the nightmare carries on.

I looked to heaven, and tried to pray;
But or ever a prayer had gusht,
A wicked whisper came, and made
My heart as dry as dust.

I closed my lids, and kept them close,
and stayed hidden below decks like a punk;
For the sky and the sea, and the sea and the sky
Lay dead like a load on my weary eye,
And the dead were at my feet.

The cold sweat melted from their limbs,
Nor rot nor reek did they:
The look with which they looked on me
Had never passed away.

Our crew has surely succumbed to the Lone Wolf death aura by now, nothing we can do for them. Self-preservation and maintaining mission integrity are now (as they usually are with Lone Wolf) one and the same.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Follow them when they leave. They might set the ship on fire when they're done, just to be sure. Speaking as a Killer Game Master, it's what I would do.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
When an army of undead is attacking you, have no fear for Lonewolf will bravely fight with you hide while sending thoughts and prayers.

Let's follow them and see how our comrades are doing without us. I'm sure they're holding the enemy back just fine without our help.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

nelson posted:

When an army of undead is attacking you, have no fear for Lonewolf will bravely fight with you hide while sending thoughts and prayers.

Let's follow them and see how our comrades are doing without us. I'm sure they're holding the enemy back just fine without our help.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

achtungnight posted:

Follow them when they leave. They might set the ship on fire when they're done, just to be sure. Speaking as a Killer Game Master, it's what I would do.

The ship's made of metal, though. I wouldn't put it past a force with technology advanced (or ancient) enough to have functional metal ships to have access to chemicals that can burn metal, but that seems just a wee bit unlikely for the setting.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I forgot it was made of metal. Still, following them out seems like the best idea. Keep moving forward!

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Materant posted:

The ship's made of metal, though. I wouldn't put it past a force with technology advanced (or ancient) enough to have functional metal ships to have access to chemicals that can burn metal, but that seems just a wee bit unlikely for the setting.

Inductive heating to burn out any hur hur vermin? Or a nice acid rinse?

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Tiggum posted:

Shall we follow the Drakkarim when they leave or stay hidden where we are?

Stay hidden since we're apparently playing Brave Brave Sir Lone Wolf.
Holy poo poo, I can't believe we just cowered in a barrel and listened as our allies were butchered! Some loving hero!

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

The_White_Crane posted:

Stay hidden since we're apparently playing Brave Brave Sir Lone Wolf.
Holy poo poo, I can't believe we just cowered in a barrel and listened as our allies were butchered! Some loving hero!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

nelson posted:

People who volunteer to travel with Lone Wolf usually end up doing fine, right? I'm sure they're fine.

You climb the stairs cautiously and peer over the lip of the hatch in time to witness a scene that shocks you to the core. You see that the undead Drakkarim warriors have slain all of the Lencian crew and have heaped their bodies around the base of the mainmast. One of the undead, clad in a filthy grey cloak embroidered with alien symbols, utters a chilling liturgy over the corpses of the slain. The chill air crackles with power and sparks of evil energy whirl around their bodies. When at last the liturgy ends, you see the dead Lencians rise up and take their places alongside the Drakkarim undead.

Numb with shock, you slowly retreat down the stairs and hide yourself in a corner of the ship’s hold while you consider a new plan of action.

For five hours you remain in hiding, listening to the noises which echo through distant parts of the vessel which has swallowed your ship. During this period, unless you possess the Discipline of Grand Huntmastery, you must eat a Meal or lose 3 ENDURANCE points.

Gradually you become aware that this mysterious craft is slowing down as if in preparation to dock. Anxious to escape, you leave your hiding place and climb the stairs to the deck above. Over the past few hours your shock at having witnessed the unholy resurrection of the Lencian crew has gradually turned to anger. You vow to avenge the souls of the crewmen and draw your weapon in readiness to attack the host of Drakkarim undead who are standing in rows upon the deck. But before you can act, you feel a shudder run through the steps as the host vessel comes lurching to a halt. There is a dull boom and then several portals open in the surrounding wall, spilling beams of white light across the deck of your captive ship. Scores of Drakkarim undead emerge from these portals and descend upon the ship like a host of hungry ghouls. You are forced to abandon your plan for vengeance for there are now far too many of the enemy. Yet all is not lost. In the milling confusion, you seize an opportunity to get away from the ship and escape into one of the many light-filled portals.

The portal opens out into a domed chamber where several great orbs of fire-filled crystal, mounted on mechanical plinths, generate the intense light which is flooding the deck of the captive ship. You cross to a tunnel which leads out of the chamber and follow along a series of dingy, ice-caked corridors that wend their way deeper into the bowels of this vast alien vessel. You explore a maze of empty holds where the walls are braced with gleaming crystal girders, and pass through countless low-ceilinged chambers that, despite the biting chill, reek of death and decay. At length you come to a junction where the corridor splits in two directions.
Time for everyone's favourite question; left or right!?

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
For this one I’ll jump on the coming bandwagon. :goleft:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
:goleft: