Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Aquaria won or we riot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
OK, yeah, out of that final 3, Aquaria was the most deserving.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

If you don't think Aquaria won the 3-way final you are totally bonkers.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

there IS justice in the world!

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Thank god lol

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The Berzerker posted:

She totally won, but she should have never been there. :argh:

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

The Berzerker posted:

That was one of the best performances of the show honestly

Illusive Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004
RIP John McCain feel better xoxo 💋 🙏
Taco Defender
I went into this final not liking aquaria but she loving killed that lipsync

Belial42
Feb 28, 2007

The Sleeper must awaken...with a damn fine can of Georgia coffee.
I can't watch Venture Brothers now without thinking of Asia. She's the new Monarch.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Illusive gently caress Man posted:

I went into this season not liking aquaria but she loving killed that season

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I HAVE STRONG OPINIONS ABOUT THIS FINALE

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Pinwiz11 posted:

I HAVE WRONG OPINIONS ABOUT THIS FINALE

ftfy :11tea:

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

Eureka slamming her puss into the ground all over the stage is one of the stupidest things Ive ever seen.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Right or wrong, I write the OP so... :v:

Gratz, Aquaria.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

If someone does the dance routine to Janet's If, they have to automatically win. Like, you stop the song, and tell the other to go home. Eureka being saved was some bullshit.

But alas, it doesn't matter, Aquaria won and all is right in the world.

I will say this, watching Asia lose that lip sync second by second was so painful.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

https://twitter.com/seanzolanski/status/1012503281468403712

lol

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
When Eureka got a double save my stomach started churning thinking about the tomfoolery that was about to unfold in the three-way finale, but things ended as they should, I'd say. The winner was the most well-rounded competitor this year and surprised me week after week with her looks, humor, and performances.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

warez posted:

When Eureka got a double save my stomach started churning thinking about the tomfoolery that was about to unfold in the three-way finale, but things ended as they should, I'd say.
Seriously, I was getting prepared to rant and rave about how I'm never watching the show again but everything turned out okay and the evil was finally defeated

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
My wife immediately looked up what happened with the butterflies and Asia said she was embarassed and horrified at what happened and that she definitely deserved to go home because of that. She said it worked at home but like has been said here, the temp was wrong for the butterflies. They weren't dead (well, the ones that got stepped on obviously) but just didn't warm up enough to fly.

So yeah, she lost that lip synch but she won the loving season. Tired of it coming down to a lip synch when the whole competition is so much more.

On top of all that I lost a $20 bet because I thought Kameron won based on the reunion show and the wife thought Aquaria would win. Stupid everything.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Just realized that my jaw still hurts from cringing at Asias butterflies mishap :smith:

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
The camera focusing on Eurekas 50th lame costume reveal instead of Aquaria nailing Janets dance was totally ridiculous. Also... Asia :(

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Ubiquitous_ posted:

The camera focusing on Eurekas 50th lame costume reveal instead of Aquaria nailing Janets dance was totally ridiculous.

She didn't nail it. The moves were there but if you are going to do that they had better be locked the gently caress in. She was trying to go too far laterally, the arms were not perfectly aligned, etc. It was good for the first half of a season of Dancing With The Stars, but not the Drag Race Finale.

I would love to see her do this again in 3-4 years with more practice and technique, but Sasha, Shae, and Peppermint would have danced/performed circles around her.

To be fair to Aquaria, I did rewatch the performance and it's closer than I initially thought but I'll still take Eureka's planned performance to Aquaria's just-this-side-of-in-control flailing.

Aquaria totally won the final lip sync (and it was better for her inclusion) and did the best of all the queens during the season so long may she reign, but I'm not giving her a pass. She's my second drag race Hill To Die On, after "Raven and Jujube should have been double-eliminated after 'Dancing On My Own'".

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
I agree that Peppermint did it better, but I was thoroughly unimpressed by everything Eureka brought to the finale. Fitting for her mediocre run during the season, though.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pinwiz11 posted:

She's my second drag race Hill To Die On, after "Raven and Jujube should have been double-eliminated after 'Dancing On My Own'".

Angry face!

That was a lovely moment, and the save was totally worth it.

Plus Raven should have won.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Pinwiz11 posted:

"Raven and Jujube should have been double-eliminated after 'Dancing On My Own'".

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Without reading any more posts because I still have 20 minutes to go: I AM JUST SO MAD AT Asia O'Hara COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY BOMBING THE gently caress OUT OF THAT LIP SYNCH. She was so loving concerned with trying to create a Sasha Velour moment that she didn't connect to the song whatsoever. Absolutely none of it read on the screen either. What the gently caress was inside her titty? Are those butterflies? Are those dead butterflies? Oh thank god, the butterflies are still alive.

Also: Aquaria, I was fine with you or Asia winning (honestly I was an Anyone-but-Eureka kinda guy), but a reveal is effectively two outfits in one and that wasn't a look. That Jiffy Pop costume is my least favorite look on Drag Race.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jun 29, 2018

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Pinwiz11 posted:

"Raven and Jujube should have been double-eliminated after 'Dancing On My Own'".

:hai:

Also it's weird, I think this has been a really good season, and yet I don't really feel invested in the outcomes of the finale. Aquaria's win felt kinda iffy to me too, feels like she lacks the "oomph" the previous winners do somehow.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Oh my gooood

Eureka exposed as a fraud and Aquaria crushing it what a finale.

Im really happy for Kameron.

My wife is canned wine drunk and still yelling that as a vegan she can no longer support Asia and neither should Michelle Visage

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Nihonniboku posted:

Angry face!

I love you all :glomp:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Oh my god, I never knew this Bang Bang song was an actual song and not just a Comedy Bang! Bang! bit. :psyboom:

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Real talk this finale was a total mess compared to last year.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Those lip syncs were messy.

a 3-way is too chaotic to watch but Aquaria won it in the first 10 seconds anyway :lol:

It's kind of embarrassing that Eureka got saved from elimination twice and still couldn't get the crown.

I had no idea what Asia was doing until it zoomed in on the butterflies on the floor and I audibly gasped.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Ubiquitous_ posted:

Real talk this finale was a total mess compared to last year.

that's true but the rest of the season was way way better

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

this a million times. aquaria won those syncs handily with her energy level and consistent output through the songs, but HOLY poo poo AM I SICK OF REVEALS. unless you tear off your dress to reveal you have literally invented nuclear fusion and are using it to power a dimensional portal to the plane of infinite tittyfucking that goes through your bellybutton it's just a waste of time that keeps you from getting to the actually performing part of the thing. that thing aquaria came out in was dumb as hell and the only good thing about it was that it came off immediately and got to business. eureka's reveals were better but her dancing and syncing was worse and they weren't even remotely better enough to make up for it.

aquaria was definitely the winner of this finale, but i still have reservations about how the season went overall and the lip sync duel thing just encourages the girls to sell out on big flashy gimmicks that cause them to lose. asia o'hara just officially became the mark reynolds of drag ffs. do something else for the finale next season please.

Whalley posted:

Seriously, I was getting prepared to rant and rave about how I'm never watching the show again but everything turned out okay and the evil was finally defeated

lmao if you can sit through all ru's shallow "everyone's welcome (except trans people when i'm sundowning") pandertalk but a slightly questionable winner is what drives you away.

caligulamprey posted:

Oh my god, I never knew this Bang Bang song was an actual song and not just a Comedy Bang! Bang! bit. :psyboom:

that song is essential to my life because it is part of pitch perfect 2, the last good pitch perfect movie

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I just got around to watching the finale and Carson doing his straight guy wrestling announcer voice had me choking

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Also I didnt hear if they actually said Aquarias dads name but I bet its Sal

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Also I didnt hear if they actually said Aquarias dads name but I bet its Sal

both of his parents are named Sal, collectively

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Nihonniboku posted:

Do we think a queen next season will escalate the theme of pulling things out of their costume? Last year, rose petals. This year, dead butterflies. Next year, a dead cat pulled out of their tuck?

Next season's finale a big queen will just pull a bunch of smaller drag queens out from under her skirt and they'll be her backup dancers for the rest of the song.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Also for those of y'all saying "oh good the butterflies were just napping" or whatever, I'm not sure what you think their exit strategy was going to be even if they had all emerged from Asia's clothes perfectly healthy and wide awake. They're still a bunch of butterflies indoors in a room with high ceilings; if they didn't come out comatose and get stomped on, they would just go die of starvation in the rafters. A few might have snuck out or been carried out by audience members, but there was no scenario in which most of those butterflies weren't going to die in that building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i mean really most of everyone dies in a building when you get right down to it

• Locked thread