Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

I didn’t know thom was Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

im on the net me boys posted:

They aren't bobbleheads. At least, there are variations that are bobbleheads, but most are stationary. They're just little vinyl figures.

01011001 posted:

plastic figures that are usually some kind of nerd media character which go on top of a computer desk or in a cubicle in a vague attempt to prove to coworkers that you have some spark left

ok so theyre bobbleheads but nerd-branded and (like everything nerd-branded) three times as expensive

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

finally, i've found my calling

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
wouldn't the crows eventually develop a taste for the cigarette butts due to the nicotine?

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

CoolCab posted:

wouldn't the crows eventually develop a taste for the cigarette butts due to the nicotine?

put even more nicotine in the treat to up their tolerance and keep them hooked on your poo poo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

eventually all species will be enslaved to the megacorps

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Pushing drugs to birds to save the environment

Who said capitalism isn't inventive

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I like crows, they're cool and cute. :smith:

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

MonsieurChoc posted:

now they might swarm smokers and snatch their still lit cigs for delicious treats. or possibly just toss sticks and literally anything like a cigarette that will trigger treat dispensing

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Marzzle posted:

now they might swarm smokers and snatch their still lit cigs for delicious treats. or possibly just toss sticks and literally anything like a cigarette that will trigger treat dispensing

yeah what if crows grab still-lit cigarettes during wildfire-season and drop them by accident into the forest

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

EugeneJ posted:

yeah what if crows grab still-lit cigarettes during wildfire-season and drop them by accident into the forest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJQh22sCTZI

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Krankenstyle posted:

cant wait for gangs of crows to SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH me up and steal my cigarettes

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

loving crows taking MY JOB

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
The Smoking Crows

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

burma-shave

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Are cigarette butts even a major concern anymore; train them to harass vapers who cloudchase.

Dec 26, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

ok so theyre bobbleheads but nerd-branded and (like everything nerd-branded) three times as expensive

pretty much except worse somehow

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quixotic1 posted:

Are cigarette butts even a major concern anymore; train them to harass vapers who cloudchase.

something like 30% of Americans smoke, and not smoke as in use tobacco products of some kind but like, actual cigarettes

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

MonsieurChoc posted:

this morning on my way in to work I saw and heard one cawing endlessly in the middle of the freeway off ramp and noticed both of its legs had been crushed along with some of his left wing. he couldn’t move.

I kept going because I had to get in to work and press some buttons.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

HEY NONG MAN posted:

this morning on my way in to work I saw and heard one cawing endlessly in the middle of the freeway off ramp and noticed both of its legs had been crushed along with some of his left wing. he couldn’t move.

Why did you tell me this noooooooo

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

HEY NONG MAN posted:

The crow lies there, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its wings, trying to turn itself over, but it cannot do so without your help. You are not helping. Why?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

at work some kids added me to a text chain they all use specifically for texting out photos of dead animals they find.

I’m too scared to let them know how soft I am.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

HEY NONG MAN posted:

at work some kids added me to a text chain they all use specifically for texting out photos of dead animals they find.

you can't, which is why you need to take a picture of a dead cat and pretend it's one of their pets

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
Artificial womb development is still on a steady pace

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/sep/04/artifical-womb-women-ectogenesis-baby-fertility

here's a gif of an artifical womb with a lamb subject

https://gfycat.com/GrandFabulousArabianoryx

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm with Bujold in that true equality for women can't exist without uterine replicators

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm with Bujold in that true equality for women can't exist without uterine replicators

only issue i see is that it could gently caress with abortion rights

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

i won't rest until Junior is real

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
It's gonna be weird as hell when artificial womb babies come out way healthier than regular babies because of the perfectly controlled nutrients and hormones and people opt to do that. It's one of those things that would be great if it's a right and dystopian if it's not and poor people all have worse-off newborns (besides for the reasons that already happens)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

HorrificExistence posted:

only issue i see is that it could gently caress with abortion rights

Great news!

Those are already dead in the U.S., as of yesterday.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/jongold/status/931700690195324928
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1011039248386965504

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
im the developer who implements the Mad Max mode in an autopilot and shrugs and goes "its a living!!"

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
elon made the flamethrower so he could add a guitar to it later

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

anime was right posted:

elon made the flamethrower so he could add a guitar to it later

this is 100% true and you cannot argue with this natural law of the universe.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

is "mad max mode" when one of his cars guillotines its passengers because can they all be put in mad max mode if so

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

wait, "aggressive" why does the car have settings to make it less safe to begin with

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Al! posted:

wait, "aggressive" why does the car have settings to make it less safe to begin with
:elon:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Jeb! Repetition posted:

It's gonna be weird as hell when artificial womb babies come out way healthier than regular babies because of the perfectly controlled nutrients and hormones and people opt to do that. It's one of those things that would be great if it's a right and dystopian if it's not and poor people all have worse-off newborns (besides for the reasons that already happens)

only the rich will have babies because poor people cant afford them.

https://youtu.be/CWILhrSzw5o

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

got any sevens posted:

only the rich will have babies because poor people cant afford them.

https://youtu.be/CWILhrSzw5o

oh poo poo the future is here

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Al! posted:

is "mad max mode" when one of his cars guillotines its passengers because can they all be put in mad max mode if so

tesla: the most cutting edge in self-guillotine technology

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

HEY NONG MAN posted:

softness isn't whether or not you feel like looking at the hot new dead animals

softness is being unable to say, 'lol no thx you sick weirdos'