Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

About what? They spent all the money from the scam kickstarter years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i dunno bout' callin it a scam, if it were one there'd be no point to frankie's livestreams. besides, there's bigger projects that are much more worthy of being called a scam

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

calling it a scam implies bad faith, and I believe the ToG boys always meant well. they just underestimated the scope of what they were doing

I mean, I also played the demo at PAX a couple years back, and it seemed pretty dang cool and not-scammy

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

smdh that evil ewok pixel art isn't enough of an update for some people

Professor Cthulhu
Jul 14, 2007

I got my Associate degree at Miskatonic Community College.
I believe in barkley 2

also will barkley 2 have battle royale mode?

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

Professor Cthulhu posted:

also will barkley 2 have battle royale mode?

B-Ball Battle Royale. Where on the court do we drop boys?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's not a deliberate scam

destitute
May 1, 2002
It's about how hard you get hit and keep moving forward.
Nap Ghost

spit on my clit posted:

i dunno bout' callin it a scam, if it were one there'd be no point to frankie's livestreams.

Has nobody let Frankie know that just because he paid for the “pretend to be a dev” tier doesn’t mean he has to actually keep making art for the game?

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
Barkley 2 is gonna launch on hallowween and you guys are going to look like loving idiots!!!

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i want to play the barkwely 2

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jorge Bell posted:

Barkley 2 is gonna launch on hallowween and you guys are going to look like loving idiots!!!

joke's on you, i always look like an idiot!!!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Bookley

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i'm dead now and my only wish was to play barkley 2 before i died but unfortunately i guess that wasn't possible. funny little life.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 - Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie - Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I woke up today to a world devoid of Barkley

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
The devs wisely realized that this game would be far too political to release under the authoritarian Trump regime. See you guys in 2024 or whenever the first childless Trump successor dies.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Is there a late pledge option any more?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The Milkman posted:

The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 - Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie - Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa

wow, did they realize how long and unwieldy they title was? heh, what a poor decision

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
america will fall before barkley 2 is real

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
barkley 2 releases 3 years into the new civil war and reunites the country

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
barkley avengers: there is no endgame

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Barkley has been delayed for a complete Joss Whedon rewrite - trust me it'll be worth it.

BUTTERWORBS
Oct 16, 2002

this thread needs to be taken out behind a woodshed

Das_Ubermike
Sep 2, 2011

www.oldmanmurray.com

BUTTERWORBS posted:

this thread needs to be taken out behind a woodshed

Or at least moved to the scam kickstarter forum that houses the Star Citizen threads.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Snarkley 2

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
You can't "accidentally" scam someone.

Scamming requires intent.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
It definitely veers into scam territory when they go on months and months and months of silence

it's been close to a year since their last update, though to be fair that was full of meaty details such as "we added fishing, but like, ironically" and "you can fast forward cutscenes"

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

WarpDogs posted:

It definitely veers into scam territory when they go on months and months and months of silence

it's been close to a year since their last update, though to be fair that was full of meaty details such as "we added fishing, but like, ironically" and "you can fast forward cutscenes"

So you're saying they're only going to beat the FF7 remake by four years at most?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

So you're saying they're only going to beat the FF7 remake by four years at most?

It’s pretty funny how close we are to the “joke” release date of 2023. Like, it’s already been 5 years since the initial release of 2013

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

DrManiac posted:

It’s pretty funny how close we are to the “joke” release date of 2023.

It's not a joke.

The promise has been made.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I'm playing Barkley 2.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Like I wasn't joking when I said that by the time this comes out the humor is going to be old and stale.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I just hope that, when I pass my Kickstarter pledge to my children in my will, they will also remember to pass it down the family tree, so that one day somebody in my chain of inheritance will be able to play it

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Pomp posted:

inshallah

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Mantis42 posted:

Like I wasn't joking when I said that by the time this comes out the humor is going to be old and stale.

Bitch i was sayan that years ago itt

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Pomp posted:

:d2a:

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
the game is taking forever because they keep having to rewrite all the references to dat boi and what are those

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The Game will be released in One Month :wth::wth::wth:!!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ALFbrot posted:

the game is taking forever because they keep having to rewrite all the references to dat boi and what are those

i heard they had to rebuild the entire game after hillary claimed pepe as a "symbol of hate" :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Not sure what all the jokes are about, game is currently on track for the most recently announced deadline?