Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Number

Go

Up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Jenrai posted:

But I thought it wasn't profitable to mine if it went below 6k?
based on my complicated technical analysis, the floor is the mining cost in china and it will never go below that because they will always make sure they put up buywalls that will always guarantee the floor is above that there is nothing wrong with this strategy

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
This is good for Bitcoin, if you think about it

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
does the profitability number account for stolen computing power (from malware) and stolen electrical power (from their parents)?

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

/r/bitcoin attempts to use bitcoin's lightning network

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Jenrai posted:

But I thought it wasn't profitable to mine if it went below 6k?

You think I’m mining at 6k? You idiot

You absolute buffoon

I’m mining 500k in 2020, you complete twit

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Bitcoin is at $6000. so now you have to trust someone else?

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Who's the goon with the coins in their rear end? Not that I want mine back, I just need to hear the funds are safe, in the rear end.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Who's the goon with the coins in their rear end? Not that I want mine back, I just need to hear the funds are safe, in the rear end.

Funds are safu(p my rear end).

Gorak
Dec 25, 2004

"Oh my God, they revived Gorak! You bastards!"

TVsVeryOwn posted:

I believe that was Banned user "Minimalist Program".

This is good for bitcoin.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

A custodial rear end?!

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

lazorexplosion posted:

/r/bitcoin attempts to use bitcoin's lightning network

can you link the thread?

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Risc1911 posted:

can you link the thread?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/8rgq0c/lightning_network_submarine_swaps/e0rq1ke/

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
I'm going to repeat something I've said before, but it's been a couple of months so w/e.

The block reward is 12.5 btc every 10 minutes approximately. 1800 BTC distributed per day as a reward for mining. At $6000 that's $10.8 million every single day.

Many of those BTC have to be cashed out to pay bills. The value only stays equal if a new $10.8 million is rolling in every single day. The idea of that should be pretty hilarious on its face.

But don't worry I PROMISE crypto currencies are deflationary. Or they will be, in 25 years or so...

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Andy Dufresne posted:

I'm going to repeat something I've said before, but it's been a couple of months so w/e.

The block reward is 12.5 btc every 10 minutes approximately. 1800 BTC distributed per day as a reward for mining. At $6000 that's $10.8 million every single day.

Many of those BTC have to be cashed out to pay bills. The value only stays equal if a new $10.8 million is rolling in every single day. The idea of that should be pretty hilarious on its face.

But don't worry I PROMISE crypto currencies are deflationary. Or they will be, in 25 years or so...

Bitcoin is a ponzi scheme? :thunk:

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Andy Dufresne posted:

dont worry "they" can just keep putting up impenetrable buywalls to prevent the price from crashing there is no fundamental flaw with this strategy

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

also you forgot the mtgox settlement where they are going to open the floodgates on slamming the markets with giant amounts of bitcoins in the short-term

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/WilliamShatner/status/1012503908269191169

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Did someone finally say Buttcoin?

Also

https://twitter.com/ncweaver/status/1012522111632486400

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009
I'm starting a petition to change the name of the thread to "Bitcoin is at $5000. Nice, but, have you ever head about my pending subpoena?!"

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
Bitcoin is at $5000. shitcoin

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

wait thats the real Shatner :stare:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
The man who brought us Tek War

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

Jombo posted:

I'm starting a petition to change the name of the thread to "Bitcoin is at $5000. Nice, but, have you ever head about my pending subpoena?!"

Lol

Yes please

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Thread title is correct Oh wow it's going down and down further as I type

insidius
Jul 21, 2009

What a guy!
The irony of this statement:

"I prefer to use currency which does not loose value when central bank wants to print more money."

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Thanks to NASA's embrace of blockchain-related products and services, we will begin to see the shortening and strengthening of spacecraft supply chains in the very near future. NASA researchers have started using blockchain technology to improve the "cognitive networking and computing infrastructure" of deep-space missions in an effort to make better data-driven decisions for autonomous spacecraft. Broadening this blockchain implementation to include a superior means of supply chain management will benefit the economy — making it easier and less expensive to bring products to market — and allow NASA to economize costs without compromising quality.

Jenrai
May 4, 2014

Source your quotes.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Space station destroyed due to FUD

FanofPortals
Sep 22, 2006

BILL FILLMAFF'S GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT

Moridin920 posted:

Space station destroyed due to FUD

Challenger 2 has exploded. This is good for bitcoin.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Adar posted:

I looked up that fine, well adjusted individual's other po

schizophrenia: not even once

I mean it's not entirely without it upsides. For example, doing magic mushrooms with schizophrenia is one hell of an experience...

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

Crypto Coin Graveyard Fills Up Fast as ICOs Meet Their Demise
Fewer than 4 percent of ICOs with market caps of $50 million to $100 million were successful or promising, according to a March analysis from ICO advisory firm Satis Group. Most ICOs were raising money without having an experienced development team or an actual product, just white papers studded with promises.

:allears:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-28/crypto-coin-graveyard-fills-up-fast-as-icos-meet-their-demise

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Risc1911 posted:

Crypto Coin Graveyard Fills Up Fast as ICOs Meet Their Demise
Fewer than 4 percent of ICOs with market caps of $50 million to $100 million were successful or promising, according to a March analysis from ICO advisory firm Satis Group. Most ICOs were raising money without having an experienced development team or an actual product, just white papers studded with promises.

:allears:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-28/crypto-coin-graveyard-fills-up-fast-as-icos-meet-their-demise

Woah I've never seen anything this good for Bitcoin

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
is scamcoin okay though?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It's above 6 again.

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013
:snoop:

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

gdax imploded?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/Bitfinexed/status/1012828050545922048

Totally normal organic trading

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
dump eet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013
can we get a price update in dis b?