Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Action Jacktion posted:

that was an obvious con: nominate someone who's obviously unqualified, wait a while for congress and the media to wear themselves out complaining about it, then "compromise" by withdrawing the first nomination and nominating the person they wanted all along. this person seems so much better by comparison that there isn't much controversy even if there should be, and anyway everyone's tired of it by then and the media are afraid their ratings will go down if they keep at it. Bush ends up looking good because people say he admits his mistakes and is willing to compromise.

I don't think that is what was going on considering he had already nominated Roberts for the job but Rain Quest died so he bumped roberts up to chief justice and then pulled miers out of his rear end and she hosed up embarrassingly on widely understood matters of constitutional law in questionnaires and made everyone involved feel shame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Over Easy posted:

Bush nominated and then withdrew Harriet Miers for the supreme court

After an engagement at which Mr Bush signed an autograph for a girl, Ms Miers gushed: "I was struck by the tremendous impact you have on the children whose lives you touch." She said he was "cool".

"I appreciate your friendship and candour," Mr Bush wrote back.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/aravosis/status/921527907901689856

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

Tan suit

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Wolf Blitzer referring to victims of hurricane Katrina as "so poor and so black."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5JO-KpCgwM

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Ronald McReagan posted:

Wolf Blitzer referring to victims of hurricane Katrina as "so poor and so black."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5JO-KpCgwM

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

santorum saying blaaaahhh people

also santorum losing, that owned

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

That time evangelicals tried to cite the first amendment in Ireland when they were pissing off the locals and got told to gently caress off

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

jerry seinfel posted:

"We know, we know the candidate Barack Obama, what he was like. The anti-war government nig, ah, of the ah, the America was a source for division around the world…"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
someone in gbs years ago telling another poster they should use african american instead of black when talking about black brits

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

jerry seinfel posted:

i just remembered this picture

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

lol I just remembered Elian Gonzalez. Remember how the GOP was hellbent on keeping him here?

Today they'd launch him back to Cuba with a Looney Tunes-style slingshot

Vanilla Ice
Jun 13, 2002

Fuck The Eradicator
I just remembered when forum member Martin Random somehow managed to convince the internet he had the inside scoop on the Bush White House and posted a bunch of insane insider stories. A true precursor to the rogue twitter accounts of today.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2006/4/11/201507/-

Some choice quotes:

Dick Cheney has chronic gum problems and his breath smells like poo poo as a result. He is also a CLOSE TALKER. He keeps a small bottle of diluted hydrogen peroxide which he rinses with every hour on the hour, and he swallows it instead of spitting. He also picks his nose vigorously (violently) and hums loudly and tunelessly to himself while taking shits.

Donald Rumsfeld needs to wear iced underwear because of some medical condition, and he has his secret service detail hold his spares. He was recently getting uncontrollable long-term erections and had to change up his medical treatments. The underwear and the erections is why he uses a standing desk, not because he is some super-man. He also wears nylon stockings, not because he's gay, but to control some vascular problem with his legs which causes him intense pain.

Tom Ridge brushes his teeth like 3 times per day religiously, but he can't stand looking at someone brushing their teeth. He contorts as in agony, as if he is actually experiencing pain. He can't watch himself brush his teeth, and even describing the process of brushing teeth drives him up a wall.

If you joke around near Rumsfeld, he will stare at you intensely as if you just killed his mother for about 10 seconds, which will be unnerving because you think you've offended him, then he will begin to laugh a little bit, a bit more, until he is in hysterics. He has a chest condition called Pleurisy that causes this; breathing deeply is painful to him as is laughing with gusto, so he tries very hard to control himself before losing it. It really unnerves people who are trying to be sociable. This is the reason for his creepy shallow laugh in public.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Jose posted:

someone in gbs years ago telling another poster they should use african american instead of black when talking about black brits

anyone ever call elon musk an african american

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Action Jacktion posted:

that was an obvious con: nominate someone who's obviously unqualified, wait a while for congress and the media to wear themselves out complaining about it, then "compromise" by withdrawing the first nomination and nominating the person they wanted all along. this person seems so much better by comparison that there isn't much controversy even if there should be, and anyway everyone's tired of it by then and the media are afraid their ratings will go down if they keep at it. Bush ends up looking good because people say he admits his mistakes and is willing to compromise.

This was kind of always my thought as well

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Vanilla Ice posted:

I just remembered when forum member Martin Random somehow managed to convince the internet he had the inside scoop on the Bush White House and posted a bunch of insane insider stories. A true precursor to the rogue twitter accounts of today.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2006/4/11/201507/-

Some choice quotes:

Dick Cheney has chronic gum problems and his breath smells like poo poo as a result. He is also a CLOSE TALKER. He keeps a small bottle of diluted hydrogen peroxide which he rinses with every hour on the hour, and he swallows it instead of spitting. He also picks his nose vigorously (violently) and hums loudly and tunelessly to himself while taking shits.

Donald Rumsfeld needs to wear iced underwear because of some medical condition, and he has his secret service detail hold his spares. He was recently getting uncontrollable long-term erections and had to change up his medical treatments. The underwear and the erections is why he uses a standing desk, not because he is some super-man. He also wears nylon stockings, not because he's gay, but to control some vascular problem with his legs which causes him intense pain.

Tom Ridge brushes his teeth like 3 times per day religiously, but he can't stand looking at someone brushing their teeth. He contorts as in agony, as if he is actually experiencing pain. He can't watch himself brush his teeth, and even describing the process of brushing teeth drives him up a wall.

If you joke around near Rumsfeld, he will stare at you intensely as if you just killed his mother for about 10 seconds, which will be unnerving because you think you've offended him, then he will begin to laugh a little bit, a bit more, until he is in hysterics. He has a chest condition called Pleurisy that causes this; breathing deeply is painful to him as is laughing with gusto, so he tries very hard to control himself before losing it. It really unnerves people who are trying to be sociable. This is the reason for his creepy shallow laugh in public.

So is he QAnon?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

a more benevolent qanon perhaps

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Smirr posted:

Goddamn this pic is the gift that keeps on giving.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

:pervert:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

http://teacher.scholastic.com/scholasticnews/indepth/war_on_terrorism/terror-athome/index.asp?article=patriot

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

devos's confirmation hearing where she coldn't answer basic questions about education and still got.confirmed lmfao

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

jerry seinfel posted:

devos's confirmation hearing where she coldn't answer basic questions about education and still got.confirmed lmfao

Guns in school to stop bear attacks.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Smirr posted:

I've seen this picture so very many times and yet this is the first time I've spotted another kid hiding behind Santorum's shoulder

edit: that slight bump over the podium might be the scalp of yet another Santorum kid, which would make five, and they have seven living children so it's possible

Filthy Hans has issued a correction as of 20:53 on Jun 29, 2018

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Filthy Hans posted:

I've seen this picture so very many times and yet this is the first time I've spotted another kid hiding behind Santorum's shoulder

he is like a slightly taller clone of thousand yard stare boy to the right

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
freedom fries

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

She looks like all those pictures of incorrectly drawn swastika graffiti.

Waffle House posted:

Quote this if you're down with Laird Allen's Legendary Leftbook Shadethrowing:

Large album full of them:

https://imgur.com/a/K2oea
True story: I befriended Laird through a discussion of our mutual interest in implantable RFID/NFC chips.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Vanilla Ice posted:

"The White house is planting its own men among the press agents at press conferences."

I miss the days when this was fiction.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

GWBBQ posted:

She looks like all those pictures of incorrectly drawn swastika graffiti.

True story: I befriended Laird through a discussion of our mutual interest in implantable RFID/NFC chips.

Wow, he's a real person?

Here I was thinking he was The Prime Shitposting Deity masquerading as a mere mortal in the Shitposting 2016 Olympics that was social media then

lol does anyone have the animated T-pounding-P version of this

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
the united states of america, land of the free and home of the brave, was founded on genocide of the indigenous population, as a transatlantic slaver colony. i just remembered that, suddenly, lmao. later, the united states of america dropped two nuclear explosions on cities, and went on to tell everyone else they're not supposed to do that

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Hillary Clinton pretended to be woke and intersectional and then picked Mike Bloomberg as a keynote speaker at the DNC

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
thinkin about the mayor of my state's capital being convicted of a felon, still getting re-elected, and then putting out his own marinara sauce which was supposed to donate a portion of its profits to a tuition fund but then years later it was revealed over 4 years its profit was $3

crazy cloud posted:

the united states of america, land of the free and home of the brave, was founded on genocide of the indigenous population, as a transatlantic slaver colony. i just remembered that, suddenly, lmao. later, the united states of america dropped two nuclear explosions on cities, and went on to tell everyone else they're not supposed to do that

in conclusion america is a land of contrasts

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Back in 2011 a journalist prank called (then Wisconsin governor) Scott walker's office during the protests over the anti-union legislation pretending to be one of the Koch brothers, immediately got forwarded through to walker himself, and suggested using agent provacateurs to bust up the protests, which walker said they were already talking about doing.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Waffle House posted:

Wow, he's a real person?

Here I was thinking he was The Prime Shitposting Deity masquerading as a mere mortal in the Shitposting 2016 Olympics that was social media then
He is the prime shitposting deity, but he's a real person and a good guy. Great sense of humor, too.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Ronald McReagan posted:

Back in 2011 a journalist prank called (then Wisconsin governor) Scott walker's office during the protests over the anti-union legislation pretending to be one of the Koch brothers, immediately got forwarded through to walker himself, and suggested using agent provacateurs to bust up the protests, which walker said they were already talking about doing.

I hate to break it to you, but he still is the governor.

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Right, I forgot Wisconsin's failure to hold any timely legislative special elections this year wasn't because the office of the governor had been vacant the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

GWBBQ posted:

He is the prime shitposting deity, but he's a real person and a good guy. Great sense of humor, too.

Man that is just :krad: