Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

One of the two stores I preordered at only got 9 copies. Hoping the order comes through at all at the other one and that FFG’s 2nd run is bigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
After years of putting it off, I gave Jinteki.net a try. It choked on one of my Jinteki ICE, requiring manual triggering. Definitely prefer playing in person to that.

Getting absolutely demolished by a rando Runner with like a perfect starting hand didn't help also.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Quidthulhu posted:

One of the two stores I preordered at only got 9 copies. Hoping the order comes through at all at the other one and that FFG’s 2nd run is bigger.

For the 200 stores in my sales rep's region, there were 4 total copies allocated. Not 4 per store, 4 total.

The only reason places like CSI got a decent number of copies in was because they pre-ordered at grossly inflated numbers, i.e. 500 copies. Thanks, Asmodee. Really helpin' out the brick-and-mortar stores there.

Acolyte!
Aug 6, 2001

Go! Rocket Kiwi! Go!
Our initial preorder was four at my store and we tried to up it post-announcement. We did end up getting our original four in this wave.

blindidiotgod
Jan 9, 2005

jeeves posted:

After years of putting it off, I gave Jinteki.net a try. It choked on one of my Jinteki ICE, requiring manual triggering. Definitely prefer playing in person to that.

Getting absolutely demolished by a rando Runner with like a perfect starting hand didn't help also.

Yeah, Jinteki.net is best used as a way to play with someone you know, rather than a sit down and grind out some games of Netrunner experience.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Man, Reign and Reverie just doesn't exist anymore, does it?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I got email confirmation of mine dispatching yesterday, so we'll see if this expansion is real or a lie perpetuated by FFG.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

jeeves posted:

All of my netrunner games have been on Jinteki with my friends, it's been a good way to start learning the game

(this was like three months ago before the plug was pulled)

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I just picked up Reign & Reverie and my first impression is holy poo poo... this isn't a telescoping box, it's a tuck box. I'm weirded out.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Budget cuts?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

PMush Perfect posted:

Budget cuts?

That or size, they could probably cram a few hundred more into the container.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Asmodee is probably trying to save money, yeah. Plus they got dinged for the over packaging on Terminal Directive. Also, they probably don't really care about the display quality of it. Sad as that is.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Asmodee is probably trying to save money, yeah. Plus they got dinged for the over packaging on Terminal Directive. Also, they probably don't really care about the display quality of it. Sad as that is.

It's still hilariously over packaged. It's three data packs worth of cards and a lore insert with a giant cardboard spacer in there to keep the box from collapsing.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
Managed to get mine while at a conference in Boston on the day I was flying out. Asked the taxi driver to swing by the store so I could pick it up!

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Managed to get my copy with relatively little hassle, though from what I heard I lucked out a bit since they didn't get very many at all. It's still super weird to see my name in the credits for this thing.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

UK stock of Reign & Reverie seems to have gone as soon as it came out :(

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

PrinnySquadron posted:

UK stock of Reign & Reverie seems to have gone as soon as it came out :(

I believe mine arrived today. I ordered it from a website called Incom gaming, but it looks like they are listed as sold out now.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Just picked up my R&R pre-order. The store completely sold all their stock on pre-orders, and could have sold a ton more if they could have gotten more copies. Looks like I was just in time, pre-ordering mine two weeks ago.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
My store got 14/30 preorders, and I just barely made the cut-off.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I managed to get mine from Element Games a day early, which is nice. Pretty excited to try Rising Thunder and SportsMetal!

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Element Games let me know on Tuesday I wasn't going to get it, happened to check my local stores website (I had asked in there in person but whoever was on the till at the time had said they weren't getting it) and they had it in stock, ordered it straight away and then went in and picked it up yesterday. They had 6 copies after mine but looks like they're all gone now, hopefully the second printing happens and is substantial.

Cyberius
Sep 24, 2007
Totally Fake
I called the closest game store to my work to see if they would have a copy; they did, but couldn't hold it for me. That was a nerve wracking two hours for me, but I managed to drive down and get it. Collection complete!

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

mitochondritom posted:

I believe mine arrived today. I ordered it from a website called Incom gaming, but it looks like they are listed as sold out now.

I'm driving to Nottingham tomorrow to pick up a copy :v:

Radioactive Toy
Sep 14, 2005

Nothing has ever happened here, nothing.
Planning on picking up up a revised core or 2 with just as many deluxe expansions as I can find. Will any factions be less playable/competitive without any cards from some of the smaller packs for casual play with friends?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

You basically*need* Blood Money for HHN and Clippy, but everything else should be fine

AgentF
May 11, 2009
HHN is from 23 Seconds IIRC

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Elizabeth Mills posted:

You basically*need* Blood Money for HHN and Clippy, but everything else should be fine

It's worth noting that the 2016 champion corp deck has 2 HHN and the runner 2016 has 2 paperclip -- One of the reasons I grabbed all the champion decks is because I figured they'd give a reasonable selection of cards from all the later data packs without me having to dig around too much. And yeah HHN is from 23 seconds.

E: I didn't double check everything but if you want more info here is a spreadsheet with the deck, set, cycle, and # copies of each card.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 30, 2018

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

This is my last chance to post totally incorrect opinions about cards in a new pack, I'm taking it and none of you can stop me.

Nathaniel "Gnat" Hall: One-of-a-Kind - It's a 40/15 econ ID, which sounds suspiciously like Smoke, so I'm guessing it'll see play but not topple Valencia for best in faction.

Divide and Conquer - Looked really lame until I realized that it probably works with The Turning Wheel. Hilarious if true, but is that worth a deck slot? Maybe? I don't know.

Guinea Pig - Hey it's an econ card for Gnat! But honestly it's probably also an econ card for any Anarch that runs Day Job right now.

Patchwork - Takes 3 uses to turn a profit, more expensive than Turntable, probably only for Gnat and maybe not even then?

Hijacked Router - It's a reverse Turtlebacks except it's unique, and it has a second ability that no one will ever fire. If you want anti-asset-spam, Scrubber is probably still better in-faction.

Cradle - Yog is back, baby! But with more balance and still needing support from Ice Carver and/or Datasucker, otherwise DNA Tracker will just make you really sad.

District 99 - Pirate Haley loves this card. Anarchs probably have better recursion options available, but it does trigger off Guinea Pig and Patchwork if you're playing those.

Liza Talking Thunder: Prominent Legislator - Her ability screams Power Tap/Citadel Sanctuary, but her 50 card deck and 0 base link scream DJ Fenris.

Hot Pursuit - Did I mention Power Tap/Citadel? Also it's a run event so Ken Tenma's happy.

Paragon - Desperado's back, baby! And arguably better? Criminals could probably really use the card filtering, and I'm already imagining the janky Ken/Oracle May deck I could make with this.

Bankroll - Desperado's back, baby! Again! And it makes Geist happy!

Tycoon - A fracter in Crim with great numbers that will never see play because it gives the corp money per ice without limit.

Thunder Art Gallery - This could be the last piece in a four-card combo to get a clickless install each turn. That sounds awful.

Miss Bones - Super Scrubber! Seriously, 10 credits of value in an area where Crim tends to be weak. She's going in my Ken Tenma Oracle May deck for sure.

Akiko Nisei: Head Case - Most of the time, this will tax the corp credits sort of like 419 or Reina (except not limited to once per turn). But if you train your opponent to always bid 1, it can be a rare multiaccess just when you need it. That 12 influence, though.

Insight - It's... the opposite of Indexing? And a double? I don't understand the use case for this.

Mind's Eye - If you run Astrolabe, you might choose to run this instead. Does not work with The Turning Wheel. Does work with Nyashia, if anyone ever plays that.

Mâché - Other factions get anti-asset-spam cards. Shapers get card draw pretending to be anti-asset-spam. Won't actually help against asset spam.

Ika - It's efficient, if you ignore the 2 credit tax each time you want to break a different ice with it. And the corp can just overwrite the hosted ice, but probably won't given what you're likely to host this on *coughAnansicough*

Kyuban - Speaking of "the corp can just trash the hosted ice", except this program actually benefits from being able to be hosted on unrezzed ice.

Psych Mike - I think Smoke would appreciate this girl more than Akiko. Or anyone who runs R&D on a regular basis. Only takes 2 turns to profit, can turn Turning Wheel counters into money, and... doesn't work with Mind's Eye. Eh, just slap her into your RNG Key/FTT combo decks for even more profit.

Algernon - I don't get this. Is Adam going to pay 2 credits a turn in order to break a second sub with ABR? Maybe you're on Apocalypse and want to check Archives the same turn as you nuke everything?

Reboot - I... guess this can be fuel for Apex decks. Are there Apex decks? I kind of wish it wasn't 5 influence just so it could go into my Ken Tenma/Oracle May deck, because for some reason this is a strong enough effect to need a run condition as well as the RFG element.

Office Supplies - Sunny gets card draw in the form of donuts. I would be amazed if anyone ever uses the credit effect. Why is it even there? Anyway, in-faction card draw means Sunny has more influence for fun things like better breakers or actual pressure in the early or mid game.

DJ Fenris - There's probably a lot of jank out there but the only useful jank I can think of is to put this in your Geist deck to host Haley, so that on your second and third passes through your deck you're that much faster. Limit 1 per deck is just not reliable enough to see early, and a surprising number of g-mod IDs are setup IDs. I mean, what generically useful g-mod ID is there that doesn't need to come out early or have the deck built around them? Quetzal? Break a barrier sub for free?

Sportsmetal: Go Big or Go Home - HB gets another econ ID yay.... I mean, there are plenty of cards in this pack to try to make a janky "give the runner a ton of agendas" deck, but honestly it's probably just more useful for maintaining tempo in a rush deck.

Hyperloop Extension - Hey speaking of tempo, this is basically Explode-A-Palooza but purple. And a 1-pointer, so arguably harder to fit into a purple agenda suite?

Meridian - Fits into the Sportsmetal jank deck, but honestly is probably decent just to slap on centrals early. Cheap to rez, taxing to break, but don't try to defend your remote with it or the runner will take the -1 point in order to score 2 or 3.

Gatekeeper - Well, it's a facecheck, and clearly supposed to combo with Divert Power, but it'll never fire more than once.

Divert Power - There are plenty of cheap or free to rez cards, not to mention campaigns, to derez with this and get free Fairchild 3.0's. Not to mention allowing you to put extra counters on Lakshmi Smartfabrics, if that deck is still around.

Fast Break - This card is basically draw power, but HB probably has better options that don't require a janky Sportsmetal deck. But hey, for all I know, Sportsmetal jank could be real.

Game Changer - Are you really going to feed the runner 3 agendas just to be able to FA out a 4/2? For 10 credits you can FA that 4/2 with Biotic and Jeeves, keep the Jeeves, and not give up points to the runner.

Giordano Memorial Field - Probably the best Sportsmetal jank card. Makes Ikawah Project that much harder to steal. Fires in the same window as Ash, which... could be meaningful.

Saraswati Mnemonics: Endless Exploration - Click economy for Jinteki. Works with traps, but probably just more effective as a way to install and advance your Nisei Mk II in one click.

Jumon - A 6/2 agenda that's awkward to score, except for Saraswati. An interesting effect (save two clicks on your NGO Fronts!) but only really useful if this is your first agenda scored, and wouldn't you rather that be a Nisei?

API-S Keeper Isobel - If I'm going to do something with failed traps, it'll probably be Trick of Light, not this.

Neurostasis - The effect of this trap seems more fitting in NBN this cycle. 3 credits to fire also seems pricey when you could get brain damage from a Cerebral Overwriter for that cost. But it would almost certainly open a scoring window in a way that brain damage wouldn't.

Otoroshi - This card is jank but I love it for the potential mind games. Yeah that could be a 5-advanced Junebug that just ends you, but it could also be an Obokata! That could also end you!

Thimblerig - The anti-Inversificator, there may be a way for Aginfusion to cheese this but I'm not smart enough to think of it.

Hangeki - Hey look, it's the worst reprisal card!

Daruma - There's more trap shenanigans to be had (or maybe you just want your Batty or Bio Vault on the server being run right now), but my brain immediately goes into "How can I cheese Off The Grid with this?" even though OTG isn't even legal.

Acme Consulting: The Truth You Need - This ID turns on a fair number of NBN ice, but is that really going to be better than just a good ID in a deck running unconditional ice? In any case, you'd better be running 3x Universal Connectivity Fee in this deck.

Fly on the Wall - Breaking News is back, baby! But more balanced as a 3/1. One tag is still enough for some 24/7 and EoI shenanigans though.

SIU - SEA Source but as an asset. CTM could play this, not many other IDs could.

Peeping Tom - Good ratio on this ice, but you'd better hope the runner is flush with cards in hand.

Hydra - Some strong subs but who can afford 10 credits to rez this? Oh right, Azmari EdTech usually.

Eavesdrop - The fact that you can install this on an unrezzed ice is probably to your benefit. And at 1 credit for repeating trace 3's, there's certainly value there. Is that going to make it worth your precious deck slots?

Attitude Adjustment - Our Lord and Savior Jackson Howard is back, and he's brought credits! And this doesn't remove itself from the game for some reason!

Arella Salvatore - I guess this was meant to be a tempo card for rush decks, but Calibration Testing is probably better for the FA. Then I noticed the installed card can be installed anywhere, not just in the same server as Arella. So maybe this is actually secretly for glacier NBN to get free clickless installs of their ice? For 3 influence, does Builder of Nations want this card?

The Outfit: Family Owned and Operated - This whole ID feels like a trap for newbies, to teach them that bad publicity is bad. Maybe this is meant for a Punitive Counterstrike deck and nothing else, but even Punitive decks want to tax the runner's econ.

Broad Daylight - This is... I dunno. It's a tempo agenda for the Outfit and no one else. It's much better with The Cleaners, but if you have both you're on 5 points, just score out.

Drudge Work - Our Lord and Savior Jackson Howard is back, and he's brought credits! Again! Except this time it costs a click to install and then another click to use, and you have to protect it. Or just be Gagarin? Is Dead Space going to come back, thanks to this?

Blockchain - An expensive, potentially taxing barrier, that is a nonbo with Bryan Stinson. Meh?

Formicary - The fact that you can only reposition this on rez makes this a very mild tax that isn't worth the deck slot.

Building Blocks - brb making hatchet Job/Salems Skorp barrier deck, again. Tithonium is happy, Fire Wall is happy, Asteroid Belt is happy, Orion is happy and jank. Blockchain is viable. Bulwark... still costs a bad pub.

Too Big to Fail - Hostile Takeover but worth zero points. Also has a trash cost to troll Neutralize All Threats Adam. Strictly worse than Hedge Fund with Stinson.

Under the Bus - I've been making GBS threads on bad pub a lot but honestly, this is probably Weyland's best option for killing stupid Film Critics right in their stupid faces.

Lady Liberty - Jank, but potentially useful jank. Rez at the end of the runner's turn to FA a 3/1. If you can protect it for a turn, that's a 3/2 or 4/2. If you can keep it safe for as long as an Urban Renewal or MCA Austerity Policy, that's a 5/3. Or hell, use it WITH an MCA Austerity Policy and score 2 agendas in one turn! Or go for the Government Takeover, because of course someone (me) will try to score Government Takeover with this.

Given my track record, expect Insight to hit the MWL ban list for being too strong, a Sportsmetal deck with 23 agendas will win Worlds, and Tycoon will replace Paperclip as the fracter in every runner's deck.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

CirclMastr posted:

Hangeki - Hey look, it's the worst reprisal card!

:wrong: Riot Suppression exists.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The Deleter posted:

:wrong: Riot Suppression exists.

Time for me to back up my wrong opinion with an invalid argument: Hangeki and Riot Suppression are probably equally bad. Hangeki requires a janky trap deck, and RS requires a janky brain damage deck, and admittedly the latter jank deck is less viable. But Hangeki requires the additional setup of having a failed trap on the board, and doesn't really benefit from mind games the way Otoroshi does.

Radioactive Toy
Sep 14, 2005

Nothing has ever happened here, nothing.
I want to spend too much money getting as much Netrunner as I can before it's gone forever. But I just built a new computer... and I'm literally sitting at the airport waiting to start a vacation I spent a bunch of money on :supaburn:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

CirclMastr posted:

Tycoon - A fracter in Crim with great numbers that will never see play because it gives the corp money per ice without limit.

You'd be surprised. Tycoon was extremely effective in playtesting, and works really well with Tapwrm and other such things that care about corp money. The numbers are solid enough that this will see play.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Kaethela posted:

You'd be surprised. Tycoon was extremely effective in playtesting, and works really well with Tapwrm and other such things that care about corp money. The numbers are solid enough that this will see play.

I hope you're right, because I am sick of Paperclip. Also because I want to make 6+ credits when someone runs against the all-barrier Skorp deck I mentioned.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Hopefully it's alright to post this here but some mates and I have started an RPG podcast and we set the first adventure in the Android universe. I'm the GM and my poor players have found themselves plunged into a gritty world of bioroids, corporate schemes, cybernetics and underworld contacts. As fans of Netrunner I figure you might be interested and give it a listen.

Our podcast aims to run RPG sessions that are story-driven and rules-light. Each game session will use a completely different setting (beginning with Android) and run for around 3-5 episodes. We already have our second game recorded, which is placed in the exciting Blades in the Dark setting.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
So since this is the community's chance to rebuild the game from the ground up, what would you guys change about it? Let's say we need to use the already existing cards, but we can tweak the rules however we want.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CodfishCartographer posted:

So since this is the community's chance to rebuild the game from the ground up, what would you guys change about it? Let's say we need to use the already existing cards, but we can tweak the rules however we want.
Give Criminals and unique faction runners some small passive ability, to make them actually playable. Especially poor Apex.

Edit: Also, let it use E3 again.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

PMush Perfect posted:

Give Criminals and unique faction runners some small passive ability, to make them actually playable. Especially poor Apex.

Edit: Also, let it use E3 again.

Yeah I’d definitely consider bringing back E3, it’s such a nice card. Possibly a little too strong since it bypasses a lot of restrictions on icebreakers, but on the other hand it enables those icebreakers to actually be playable. Honestly I feel like deckslots are the biggest problem in Netrunner, and I wonder if there could be some way for the community to jigger up sideboards as A Thing, so there would be more deck slots open to use for various stuff. there are just so many cards that seem fun, but aren't quite good enough to warrant using up precious deck slots.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Idea #1: Don't let the loving community design cards, they're terrible at it. It would be nonstop broken poo poo and/or pet cards for someone's favorite runner, and good luck getting any of it implemented on jnet

Idea #2: As much as I hate EDH, they have the right idea with a ruling council. Make all cards legal and let NISEI handle bans.

Idea #3: new formats are better than new cards. Make 1.1.1.1 a thing again. Limited formats. Like, right now in magic you can play legacy, vintage, modern, standard, block, pauper, momir vig, commander, sealed/draft, or m94. That's what we should be striving for.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Highlander and In-Faction-Only could be some fun formats. (Even if some poor runners like Apex and the Professor would be pretty much completely useless.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
I wouldn’t mind just having constant rotations with the whole card pool