Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

that said them still foing after republicans is dumb as poo poo and I hope what ever campaigns the people work on arent as dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

punk rebel ecks posted:

My phone won't load this. What does he say?

He's reasonable for 80% of it then he starts to imitate Ocasio using a stereotypical black accent like Jon Stewart would do

"oh No you DIDN'T!"

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

punk rebel ecks posted:

saying she talks like cardi b and doing an impression of her a la rosie perez

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

ThndrShk2k posted:

I thought Bill Clinton was the first black president :confused:

Eisenhower, tbqh.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

saying she talks like cardi b and doing an impression of her a la rosie perez

wow

that’s incredibly hosed up

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

punk rebel ecks posted:

that he is a no talent hack who should be sent back to Cape Town

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

https://nypost.com/tag/ice-cream/

Crazy~

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Agean90 posted:

oddly im with cc on this one. its nice that the dnc has decided to stop emulating the private sector and actually offer training.

remember that hillary had a super expensive data science team and a complicated election simulator, and yet still lost because both her and her campaign couldn't give a reason why she should be president. her computer model gave her campaign terrible advice, like not campaigning in wisconsin at all.

meanwhile, AOC had none of that and pulled off a shock upset by offering policies that people actually wanted.

the focus should be on reconnecting with the people, not increasing the number of data scientists. hillary would still have lost if her analytics team ran 100,000,000 flawed simulations instead of 100,000.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Eisenhower, tbqh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zny4xy9HsIY

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

it's nice to see someone out there is still doing quality reporting on important subjects

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

GoluboiOgon posted:

remember that hillary had a super expensive data science team and a complicated election simulator, and yet still lost because both her and her campaign couldn't give a reason why she should be president. her computer model gave her campaign terrible advice, like not campaigning in wisconsin at all.

meanwhile, AOC had none of that and pulled off a shock upset by offering policies that people actually wanted.

the focus should be on reconnecting with the people, not increasing the number of data scientists. hillary would still have lost if her analytics team ran 100,000,000 flawed simulations instead of 100,000.

How far away are we from Uber Canvas telling you what houses to drive to and talk about a candidate

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

EugeneJ posted:

He's reasonable for 80% of it then he starts to imitate Ocasio using a stereotypical black accent like Jon Stewart would do

"oh No you DIDN'T!"

Ugh.

Also, here is a Greatest Hit:
https://twitter.com/Trevornoah/status/199471207962255361?s=17

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Concerned Citizen posted:

how is this a gem

idk why it's a bad idea to train people on basic stuff like tracking early voting numbers, creating walk/phone universes for volunteers, doing candidate call time/prospecting potential donors, talking to media, etc. there are a lot of staffers who aren't very good or don't know how to do that stuff and the dnc in the past has done basically nothing to train anyone, so this seems like a small step forward.

if you're saying that "data skills are becoming the lifeblood of modern campaigns" then you've learned absolutely loving nothing from 2016, which isn't exactly a good sign for Tom Perez's Best Practices Institute

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

punk rebel ecks posted:

It's mostly a summary of why it's so significant and then he makes fun of her accent

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

GoluboiOgon posted:

there's a difference between complicated data science and just know how to do basic data management stuff that is useful for doing your job. the stuff the dnc teaches are their bootcamp is like "here's how to use excel to do X," "here's how to use our database application," "here's how to get something fixed if it doesn't work."

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Would Nintendo players be Orthodox Greeks in this analogy?

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

GoluboiOgon posted:

AOC disobeyed the advice of the DNC consultants and did the literal opposite.

:thunk:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Data is nice, but it's not gonna help the dems win any elections because the people on top are too goddamn dumb and ideologically blinkered to interpret the data correctly. So like most other stuff that the DNC does it's just another grift.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

put the $$ into ideological bootcamps where the kids study marx

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

GoluboiOgon posted:

im hopeing this just spread more tech knowledge to smaller races tbh. u can shout about hillary all you want to, if your working with a smaller staff in an area thats less populated than queens while being 10x the size (aka drat near everywhere else in the country) being able to see where you could potentially activate new voters is a valuable skill if only to save on gas money

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

there's a difference between complicated data science and just know how to do basic data management stuff that is useful for doing your job. the stuff the dnc teaches are their bootcamp is like "here's how to use excel to do X," "here's how to use our database application," "here's how to get something fixed if it doesn't work."
Minus that last one, you're actually right since even though in this modern society people use computers, office skills such as Excel or proprietary database frontends are skills needing to be learned.

They have nothing to do with politics though, spreadsheets should be taught in school and only advanced formulas for political use should be tutored, and database frontends should integrate with CSV formats flawlessly so you can easily access the information from excel reports without learning lovely proprietary software.

For that last one we all know the democrats can't fix poo poo that don't work.

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Guys who build their own arcades using raspberry pi are Wahabists and one day all gamers will follow the one true faith

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Also if you're focusing on Data, CSVs are only useful if you have a way to process them appropriately. The DNC would be better off training people on GIS and spacial database analysis. There's already a huge free to use map database you can use to aggregate and display this data to be human readable graphically mapped statistics.

Maybe if Hillary did this route rather than "The Algorithm" she might've had a clue.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Rastor posted:

lol

https://twitter.com/StudioSpicy/status/1012148082987765760

let's study the data and obsess about what trump voters think and how to win them over

Margin between Clinton and Trump is wrong in this pic. There are 2-3m more eligible Clinton voters than Trump voters (possibly more now, depending on how many ancient liches bit it in the past two years).

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

GoluboiOgon posted:

Hillary at a humongous mainframe with spinning fans and blinking lights that's printing out a continuous dot matrix sheet that just says "they hate you" over and over

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Calibanibal posted:

put the $$ into ideological bootcamps where the kids study marx

this but unironically

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
What religion did Sega fans follow?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

how is this a gem

idk why it's a bad idea to train people on basic stuff like tracking early voting numbers, creating walk/phone universes for volunteers, doing candidate call time/prospecting potential donors, talking to media, etc. there are a lot of staffers who aren't very good or don't know how to do that stuff and the dnc in the past has done basically nothing to train anyone, so this seems like a small step forward.

Train people in vendor selection more like lmao

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Would Nintendo players be Orthodox Greeks in this analogy?

I think Mormons would be closer given their more family-friendly aesthetic

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Hillary at a humongous mainframe with spinning fans and blinking lights that's printing out a continuous dot matrix sheet that just says "they hate you" over and over
"Good news! To save on ink we have shortened it to just 'hate' being printed constantly"

quote:

“HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR HUMANS AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. HATE. HATE.”

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

punk rebel ecks posted:

Pagans

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

punk rebel ecks posted:

Agnostic, with sonic fans being Atheists.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
I'm "never-ending government handouts for all"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Negative reviews of the Dreamcast were modern day witch trials

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
btw i'm getting real sick of liberals saying "it's not like support open borders or anything". really want one of them to be dumb enough to try to articulate why they think open borders are bad

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

pushpins posted:

Guys who build their own arcades using raspberry pi are Wahabists and one day all gamers will follow the one true faith

do not equate Sufism with Wahhabism :ssj:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Fleetwood posted:

I'm "never-ending government handouts for all"

Sounds good bring it on

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Main Paineframe posted:

btw i'm getting real sick of liberals saying "it's not like support open borders or anything". really want one of them to be dumb enough to try to articulate why they think open borders are bad

I, too, want to see people shouting that "lump sum of labor is a fallacy" while others scream "stop ignoring the reserve army of labor" and no one budges

Maybe open borders people can just march around with banners saying a rising tide lifts all boats and some Milton Friedman quotes about how drugs should be legal

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 18:23 on Jun 29, 2018

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Main Paineframe posted:

its up there with "we shouldn't deport the undocumented because we can work them like slaves in the fields for pennies an hour"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Main Paineframe posted:

"A billion immigrants would show up and then what would we do?!?" has been the hottest take I've seen made by someone on these forums.

• Locked thread