Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Nohearum posted:

Been looking for a reasonably priced Samurai for a while. This popped up today. It's IFS but I might have to go check it it. I'm a bit terrified by the lack of aftermarket support though...
https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/clean-title/6629962996.html

Man Rockys are cool.
Just look overseas for parts. I drove a JDM Rugger (longer wheelbase diesel version of the Rocky) here in the US for a while and parts came from Indonesia and the UK.
Or import a Jimny :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Someone who lived near a friends house when I was young had a Daihatsu Rocky. I always thought it was cool, and the Daihatsu name seemed so exotic a the time.

Thats my Daihatsu story, you should buy that one.

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013

KakerMix posted:

Man Rockys are cool.
Just look overseas for parts. I drove a JDM Rugger (longer wheelbase diesel version of the Rocky) here in the US for a while and parts came from Indonesia and the UK.
Or import a Jimny :v:
The naming of these makes searching for info confusing. I guess the USDM Rocky is called the Feroza overseas, but then there's also a separate overseas Rocky/Rugger which is slightly larger.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Actual gold? It's a little pricey but since it's been up 2 months I'd hope he'd be amenable to a lower offer:

https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/d/1985-jeep-cj7-renegade/6580530246.html

I'm really into the color, plus the interior looks pretty drat nice too. He says he got it when his brother died and has been driving it around while he tries to sell it. It would need 1 final smog check before it hits the 35-year rolling window in Albuquerque (he lives outside the city and doesn't have to test), so I'm hoping to meet him at a testing station, do the smog test & test drive all at once. Says there's no rust thanks to the hard top... his brother might even have been the original owner, I'll have to check.

Speaking of emissions, is that why there are so many BaT auctions with the vehicle physically in California but with a Montana title?

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
...huh. hmm.

https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/d/1991-ford-ranger-skyranger/6631049166.html

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

I'd buy that and tell the guy I plan on daily driving it. I bet he buys it back for more :v:

Seriously though I dig it but not at that price

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Nohearum posted:

Been looking for a reasonably priced Samurai for a while. This popped up today. It's IFS but I might have to go check it it. I'm a bit terrified by the lack of aftermarket support though...
https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/clean-title/6629962996.html

Funny, 14ID and I went and looked at that one Friday AM. Smoked in, rocker damage, and it made undesirable noises from the bottom end (incidentally all much like 14ID) - I passed. :(

Unrelated:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Tremek posted:

Unrelated:

Yeah, that would make a great food truck.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah, that would make a great food truck.

in active war zones?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

TotalLossBrain posted:

in active war zones?

One could charge a premium when you have Jason Vorhees (or the cast from Heat) as the driver.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Tremek posted:

Funny, 14ID and I went and looked at that one Friday AM. Smoked in, rocker damage, and it made undesirable noises from the bottom end (incidentally all much like 14ID) - I passed. :(

Unrelated:

I like the suggestion that it's "great for dispensary owners" with all those gun safes.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

Pham Nuwen posted:

I like the suggestion that it's "great for dispensary owners" with all those gun safes.

True. (weed) Dispenary owners deal in cash and are under or non-banked for the most part, as the proceeds of their business dealings are illegal in the eyes of the Federal government. Why not have your own Brinks truck to move your cash and goods around ?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

buttcrackmenace posted:

True. (weed) Dispenary owners deal in cash and are under or non-banked for the most part, as the proceeds of their business dealings are illegal in the eyes of the Federal government. Why not have your own Brinks truck to move your cash and goods around ?

Sure, it just reads more like "Hey dispensary owners, want to pick up a felony gun charge while you're at it?"

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!

Pham Nuwen posted:

Sure, it just reads more like "Hey dispensary owners, want to pick up a felony gun charge while you're at it?"

Way off-topic for the thread here, but why do you think they would get a felony gun charge?
Felony gun charges are given for felon's in possession of guns, or for un-licensed un-registered gun users.
The type of individual who can own, finance, and operate a medical marijuana dispensary is probably well aware of those laws. They're also not given any legal federal protection or even at this time state-level protection for their dispensaries, their profits, or transportation of their product. Dispensary owners have to hire private security right now in this country to procure, move, and store their finances.

It might be a ridiculous truck, but it's actually a pretty logical selling point.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Dennis McClaren posted:

Way off-topic for the thread here, but why do you think they would get a felony gun charge?
Felony gun charges are given for felon's in possession of guns, or for un-licensed un-registered gun users.
The type of individual who can own, finance, and operate a medical marijuana dispensary is probably well aware of those laws. They're also not given any legal federal protection or even at this time state-level protection for their dispensaries, their profits, or transportation of their product. Dispensary owners have to hire private security right now in this country to procure, move, and store their finances.

It might be a ridiculous truck, but it's actually a pretty logical selling point.

As I understand it, it's a felony to own a gun if you smoke the devil's lettuce, and it just kind of feels like there's not a lot of overlap in the "owns a dispensary" and "doesn't smoke" Venn diagrams.

I am not well-versed in legal terms so if "felony gun charge" isn't the correct phrase I apologize, it's just the one I see used when someone gets caught owning a gun when they can't.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/identify-prohibited-persons posted:

The Gun Control Act (GCA), codified at 18 U.S.C. § 922(g), makes it unlawful for certain categories of persons to ship, transport, receive, or possess firearms or ammunition, to include any person:
[...]
who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act, codified at 21 U.S.C. § 802);

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

Pham Nuwen posted:

As I understand it, it's a felony to own a gun if you smoke the devil's lettuce, and it just kind of feels like there's not a lot of overlap in the "owns a dispensary" and "doesn't smoke" Venn diagrams.

I am not well-versed in legal terms so if "felony gun charge" isn't the correct phrase I apologize, it's just the one I see used when someone gets caught owning a gun when they can't.

All due respect - but you misunderstand federal law regarding gun ownership and use. It is not illegal to legally own a firearm and smoke medicinal marijuana. Just the same as it's not illegal to be an alcohol drinker, and legally own a firearm.
Medical marijuana is not an illegal controlled substance. Even moreso in states where it is medicinally distributed, as well as now recreationally distributed.
You posted the laws regarding "unlawful use of, or addiction to..." It's not illegal, or unlawful, to consume medical marijuana in many states.
You posted "of a controlled substance...outlined in Section 102 of the controlled substance act..."

Here you go, read up if you are interested https://wdr.doleta.gov/directives/attach/UIPL/UIPL-1-15_Attachment_2_Acc.pdf

On the other hand, if you are intoxicated on any substance, legal or illegal, while brandishing, discharging, or displaying a firearm - then in that situation it's illegal.

Dennis McClaren fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 2, 2018

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

It's all a moot point. It was tagged as a food truck.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Dennis McClaren posted:

All due respect - but you misunderstand federal law regarding gun ownership and use. It is not illegal to legally own a firearm and smoke medicinal marijuana. Just the same as it's not illegal to be an alcohol drinker, and legally own a firearm.
Medical marijuana is not an illegal controlled substance. Even moreso in states where it is medicinally distributed, as well as now recreationally distributed.

With all due respect, you're wrong. So, so wrong. It went to the supreme court a few years ago. It was ruled specifically that banning medical marijuana users from owning guns, even those obtained before the ruling, did not violate the second amendment. All marijuana, even medical, is still federally illegal.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jul 2, 2018

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

As I understood it, it was a violation of the Second Amendment only if the firearms were purchased after the state Legislation passes, or was passed. Not before.
That's pretty poo poo for legal gun owner's in the U.S. who are treating illness with M.M., and now are being considered criminals for legally obtaining firearms.
Especially the veterans I know who are treating their P.T.S.D. and related wartime induced illness with M.M.

I guess I'm the wrong one, sorry.

Dennis McClaren fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jul 2, 2018

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It's okay, this country is changing so goddamned fast that I have a hard time keeping up, and it only hit the supreme court in 2016 and with all the other news it can take awhile for that information to really disseminate. I only knew about it because I had recently got out of the military and was thinking of tokin' it up for old time's sake, but also wanted to buy a few guns I'd been eyeing but otherwise couldn't store at the time. Some states like PA are even specifically making it against state law to own the same guns you had before getting a MM card :negative:. Federally it's also illegal to own any guns, but we all know about federal enforcement right now.

Sorry if I came across/was a dick with my post tone earlier.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jul 2, 2018

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013

Tremek posted:

Yeah I passed too. The owner keeps dropping the price every 24 hours (down to $1000 now). They also keep adding more stuff that's wrong with it every time they drop price. Latest update states the engine has overheating issues. I appreciate their honesty but why not lay out all the issues the first time you post it?

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Nohearum posted:

Yeah I passed too. The owner keeps dropping the price every 24 hours (down to $1000 now). They also keep adding more stuff that's wrong with it every time they drop price. Latest update states the engine has overheating issues. I appreciate their honesty but why not lay out all the issues the first time you post it?

She didn't seem too surprised when we passed on it initially, so she either knows it's not right or keeps having people inform her it isn't running right. Re: overheating, that's new - when we saw it there was coolant around the radiator cap and she stated that was because she had added coolant to it Friday AM. I like how her pic of the thing doesn't show the rocker damage on the left side either. Oh well!

Niacin
Mar 8, 2005
not so much

Pham Nuwen posted:

Speaking of emissions, is that why there are so many BaT auctions with the vehicle physically in California but with a Montana title?

It's a tale as old as time. If one were to buy the car, one would likely not receive a title but instead ownership of the LLC that holds the car as an asset. Or maybe things have changed, it's been years, and I pay my taxes now.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Pham Nuwen posted:

Actual gold? It's a little pricey but since it's been up 2 months I'd hope he'd be amenable to a lower offer:

https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/d/1985-jeep-cj7-renegade/6580530246.html

I'm really into the color, plus the interior looks pretty drat nice too. He says he got it when his brother died and has been driving it around while he tries to sell it. It would need 1 final smog check before it hits the 35-year rolling window in Albuquerque (he lives outside the city and doesn't have to test), so I'm hoping to meet him at a testing station, do the smog test & test drive all at once. Says there's no rust thanks to the hard top... his brother might even have been the original owner, I'll have to check.

I bought it, god help me. At some point somebody must have changed out the exhaust because it straight doesn't HAVE a cat, so I'll have to get one installed soon. It's also running rich at idle which I'll play with tomorrow if I have some time.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Pham Nuwen posted:

I bought it, god help me. At some point somebody must have changed out the exhaust because it straight doesn't HAVE a cat, so I'll have to get one installed soon. It's also running rich at idle which I'll play with tomorrow if I have some time.

Yeeehaw!

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1110499072449642

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Does the xmas tree come with it?

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Do it.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Given what those things ordinarily go for, $300 is a steal even with the listed issues.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Sold. It was in meatpimp's neighborhood, and he has a teenage son :thunk:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Wasn't someone on here looking for a sports back?

https://myrtlebeach.craigslist.org/cto/d/rare-1989-nissan-pulsar-nx-16l/6634643647.html

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey neat!

1986 Cresida for $2K

quote:

It has the Jz 5mge motor with 171000 miles on it Cruise control works seat belts slide back with know problems automatic windows locks and even a good security system disk brakes rwd with electrical control transmission but the coolest part is the mirrors fold both ways just like new cars it’s Very luxurious for its age hit me with a offer this does run and drive Less

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

I wasn't but I am now.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Pham Nuwen posted:

Were you the one who had the Hawk for a while? What else have you had since then?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

Were you the one who had the Hawk for a while? What else have you had since then?

Had a 62 Lark for a while, then a 71 MG Midget, an 86 Crown Vic, a 70 Volvo 164, and an 82 Datsun 280ZX. I still have the Volvo.

Painted the MG myself, did a transmission swap on the Datsun, chased endless electrical gremlins in the Crown Vic and the MG... I figure I spend less than a smoking habit so could be worse, although smoking was easier on my knuckles.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I'm shocked the MG would have electrical issues.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Colostomy Bag posted:

I'm shocked the MG would have electrical issues.

You're supposed to unplug the battery.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I just used a riding lawnmower battery and it worked fine. The Lark had a few dead battery situations before I realized the aftermarket stereo installed under the passenger seat had an intermittent short in the wiring.

Edit: there was a battery quick-disconnect (with a little key and everything) that came with the box of MG parts but I never bothered to put it in.

Pham Nuwen fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jul 6, 2018

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Makes sense when it comes to Lucas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy spit

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-Mazda-929/163131651079?hash=item25fb677407:g:RcwAAOSwEoxamHDs&vxp=mtr

quote:

1988 Mazda 929 RARE 5-Speed M/T car w/new engine & trans w/less than 50K miles!

This is my boring 80's dream car.