Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Memento posted:

https://twitter.com/MilekaLincoln/status/1012249798798266369

Well that's the coolest poo poo I've seen all week.

this is viscerally awesome lol

gunpoop easily snipes his second thread of th emorning

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

IPCRESS posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGozfCxnmTc

It's Colin Furze, so all the usual suspects, but the eye opener is the roof he's removing with an angle grinder. Children live in this house.

(The shed roof is corrugated asbestos concrete).

It's okay, he was wearing one of these:

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That lave is flowing far faster than any Ive seen from other videos from there. That's insane.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

That lave is flowing far faster than any Ive seen from other videos from there. That's insane.

Someone earlier in the thread said back when the planet was hotter, lava would flow like water. Now, it's like warm honey.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
This lava is coming directly off the mantle now too, so it's hotter than normal for Hawaiian volcanoes. And according to one of the USGS update videos, the lava channel is doing an excellent job of insulating the river, which is why it's so bright orange.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

vortmax posted:

This lava is coming directly off the mantle now too, so it's hotter than normal for Hawaiian volcanoes. And according to one of the USGS update videos, the lava channel is doing an excellent job of insulating the river, which is why it's so bright orange.

So it's like a Reverse Day After Tomorrow?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

how can you post all these but not the gasolene chuggernaut

hell yeah

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Platystemon posted:

It’s not actually floating, right? Or is it, somehow, possibly from pockets of gas?

lava, being composed of molten rock, tends to be much more dense than water

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

With the notable exception of ice, the liquid form of X is generally less dense than the solid form of X, I'm pretty sure

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Also unlike water: most materials including rocks are denser in their solid states than in their liquid states.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Some igneous rock has density figures lower than some of the numbers I've seen for lava density, so I imagine there are occasions where rocks are floating on lava, whether or not that one is.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Ak Gara posted:

So it's like a Reverse Day After Tomorrow?
The Day Before Yesterday

it's just 2 hours of people talking about how hosed up that apocalypse thing was

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
We don't actually know that the rock is properly floating in any case, it looks more like it's rolling on a second solid being pushed by the lava.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Saw people post about train derailments a few pages back. Reminded me of this one. Nothing big, just an overworked train engineer forgetting to put the hand breaks on a train transporting oil, uphill a small town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAja2PhgFI0

Popoto fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jun 30, 2018

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
https://i.imgur.com/vu0jDY8.mp4

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
SO. MANY. POTENTIAL JOKES

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Visual depiction of how much mustard I get on my sandwiches.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Good splatoon cosplay

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anything that has to do with ol' musky counts as osha right?

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Odd to see Stephen Miller driving a truck.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

tragic loss of elon musk repellent

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

ekuNNN posted:

I see Musk hasn't figured out the most basic rule of lawsuits: don't publicly talk about the details of a lawsuit.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

Anyway, who needs a plane built for STOL when you have nitrous oxide?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ1ekkOca5A

Engines are un-necessary (except to maintain a reasonable CG)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeQP-H_31JQ

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

buttcrackmenace posted:

Engines are un-necessary (except to maintain a reasonable CG)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeQP-H_31JQ

And taxiing.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

I see Musk hasn't figured out the most basic rule of lawsuits: don't publicly talk about the details of a lawsuit.
Also good ideas:
- Don't admit to the crime on the world's largest loudspeaker
- Don't admit it was intentional on the world's largest loudspeaker
- Don't admit you have no remorse on the world's largest loudspeaker

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
How did Trump became a villain? Here is his origin story.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Johnny Aztec posted:

SO. MANY. POTENTIAL JOKES

And I bet you'd bake them if you weren't yella'.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

moorings cleared captain

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

What was supposed to happen?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

the truck was trying to pull the boat back with just the friction of the tires.

or an awesome prank

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

ekuNNN posted:

What a loving rear end in a top hat.

Just shut the gently caress up about it, delete the picture, and cut the guy a check for like 50k. That's like a nickel for him.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

50k is probably a bit of an underestimate

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I dunno I pulled the number out of my rear end. The point is that kind of money isn't really currency when you are that rich. He should be more concerned with his reputation.

People paying artists in "exposure" and the rich telling people to be grateful are two of the things that really get under my skin.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If Musk had drawn a recognisable character like Pissing Calvin, it would be recognised that everyone is being dickish about it.

Musk should have apologised and deleted the icon and that would have been the end of it. He did no real damage to the unicorn’s creator.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Platystemon posted:

If Musk had drawn a recognisable character like Pissing Calvin, it would be recognised that everyone is being dickish about it.

Musk should have apologised and deleted the icon and that would have been the end of it. He did no real damage to the unicorn’s creator.

actually, artists should be paid for their work

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Stexils posted:

actually, artists should be paid for their work

Context matters.

If Musk had used it to sell flamethrower blow lamps as a graphic on the website or the box or the product itself, by all means go scorched Earth on him.

As a hand‐drawn Easter egg, I say let it go with an apology.

Legally speaking, they unicorn’s creator is going to have a hard time demonstrating actual damages and they can’t get statutory damages unless they registered the character.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Platystemon posted:

Context matters.

If Musk had used it to sell flamethrower blow lamps as a graphic on the website or the box or the product itself, by all means go scorched Earth on him.

Legally speaking, they unicorn’s creator is going to have a hard time demonstrating actual damages and they can’t get statutory damages unless they registered the character.

He registered the character and was selling it on merchandise.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Platystemon posted:

Context matters.

the context is he used it in things he was selling and to promote his products on social networks. if it's good enough to put on merchandise it's good enough for the artist to get paid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

hobbesmaster posted:

He registered the character and was selling it on merchandise.

If he registered it, Musk should settle before he loses in court. I would say the same thing if he had drawn Mickey Mouse.

There are still no actual damages. No one is buying a car or not buying a mug because the car features a drawing of a farting unicorn deep in a menu.