Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

You guys talking about huh-rohwinnee?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!
It's her-my-oh-nee!!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

It's her-my-oh-nee!!

rhymes w hermione? makes sense

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

help me hermione kenobi, you're my only hope

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Most folks'll never lose a toe
But then again, some forecastle
Like Cletus, the Slack-Jawed Yokel

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Quote-Unquote posted:

help me hermione kenobi, you're my only hope
gently caress did my iCloud account get hacked again?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

*scottishly* yer a jedi harry

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
AIR-inn, if you want to be classy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiX78kzMVjk

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Aphrodite posted:

Most folks'll never lose a toe
But then again, some forecastle
Like Cletus, the Slack-Jawed Yocastle

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

"it is the heroin that (knows?) the world at life's end"? i could see that

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
German chocolate cake has nothing to do with Germany. It's named after a man with the last name 'German'.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Olive! posted:

German chocolate cake has nothing to do with Germany. It's named after a man with the last name 'German'.

well, poo poo

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I wanna see a poll of how many people think Caesar salad is related to ancient Rome

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Wait till they hear about the fries.

Also, not sure how America hosed it up but Canadian Bacon is peameal bacon, not a sad slice of cold cut ham.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

JoelJoel posted:

Also, not sure how America hosed it up but Canadian Bacon is peameal bacon, not a sad slice of cold cut ham.

Hey, I know a dude from Canada, and he only knows Canadian Bacon as the sad ham.

So apparently 'real' CB is a lost art even in some places in Canada.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

John Lee posted:

Hey, I know a dude from Canada, and he only knows Canadian Bacon as the sad ham.

Peameal bacon is commonplace but for obvious reasons it isn’t called “canadian” bacon. Nor is the regular american style bacon rare. It’s just bacon and peameal bacon. So canadians mostly know “canadian bacon” as the sad US food.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

John Lee posted:

No, it just doesn't have that name in Canada.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Aphrodite posted:

No, it just doesn't have that name in Canada.

Which is weird because Canadian Bacon is named after Frank Canadian, the inventor. (Also he pronounces his surname as "Can-ARD-iun" so everyone's been saying it wrong.)

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

JoelJoel posted:

Peameal bacon and Canadian bacon are the same cut of meat, but Canadian bacon has the fat trimmed off and hasn't been rolled in cornmeal.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

The kind of bacon that Americans eat is cut from the pork belly and is known as streaky bacon in the UK and Australia.
The more general type of bacon eaten in Canada, UK and Australia is back bacon and middle bacon which is made from the pork loin with some pork belly still attached.
In Australia you can get shortcut bacon which is just the pork loin bit.

Helith has a new favorite as of 03:17 on Jul 1, 2018

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
In typical German efficiency, our two words for pork belly with and without fat still attached are bacon and bacoff.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Simply Simon posted:

In typical German efficiency

Having had to deal with German documentation for a year or so I can attest that this is a complete myth.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I can tell you that we eat a lot of streaky bacon in Canada. What you call "Canadian bacon" we refer to as "back bacon."

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I wanna see a poll of how many people think Caesar salad is related to ancient Rome

A proper Kaysarr salad should be dressed with garum

I just figured out that i would definitely rather fight a hundred duck-sized horses than one horse-sized duck. It goes back to the whole "poor Freckles, thought of ants and died" thing. A horse is fragile in both body and spirit. Take away their size and momentum, and what have they got? Tiny little horse bites.

Meanwhile we already have a word for "horse-sized duck", that word is "dinosaur" and I don't want to fight a friggin dinosaur.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Phy posted:

Meanwhile we already have a word for "horse-sized duck", that word is "dinosaur" and I don't want to fight a friggin dinosaur.

You don't even have to go that far back, back in the Miocene era we had the Bullockornis aka Thunderduck aka Demon Duck of Doom

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

That CineD apparently can't just watch and enjoy a movie and every threads gotta be dissecting movies because nothing can just he fun

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Phy posted:

A proper Kaysarr salad should be dressed with garum

I just figured out that i would definitely rather fight a hundred duck-sized horses than one horse-sized duck. It goes back to the whole "poor Freckles, thought of ants and died" thing. A horse is fragile in both body and spirit. Take away their size and momentum, and what have they got? Tiny little horse bites.

I don't know why anyone would choose one horse-sized duck. A horse-sized duck would be terrifying. 100 duck sized horses, on the other hand, would be adorable.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
The question has the presupposition that the tiny horses will be trying to kill you. Killing 100 tiny horses with your bare hands would be hard, and exhausting. Still a better option than the giant duck tho.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

doverhog posted:

The question has the presupposition that the tiny horses will be trying to kill you. Killing 100 tiny horses with your bare hands would be hard, and exhausting. Still a better option than the giant duck tho.

Just start kicking them around, ducks are tiny and horses are, as mentioned, very fragile. You'd almost immediately break all their legs and they'd be rendered harmless with like 30 seconds of kicking at most.

I guess it might be tedious to strangle them all individually if you had to kill and not just disable them.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
The answer is to lay out apples for all the 100 duck sized horses so they can be your friend and you'd have adorable house horses to play with. :kimchi:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Baby carrots, surely.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Baby carrots, surely.

Sure you could fight 100 baby carrots but you'd still lose :smuggo:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Len posted:

That CineD apparently can't just watch and enjoy a movie and every threads gotta be dissecting movies because nothing can just he fun

Fun is bourgeois.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

FreudianSlippers posted:

Fun is bourgeois.

Unlike the goons who write pages-long screeds about star wars and transformers. That’s quintessentially proletarian.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The way to fight horses of any size is to just scare them. Yell at them or sneeze particularly loudly or show them a picture of some ants, whatever works.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Poor ole Freckles, thought of goons and died.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

You don't even have to go that far back, back in the Miocene era we had the Bullockornis aka Thunderduck aka Demon Duck of Doom

Mysterious island was my favorite Harryhausen movie

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Len posted:

It's just a handfull of idiots who are probably schizophrenic and the people who yell at them (and are therefore the bigger idiots).

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

There's a different forum for normal humans to talk about films so I assume cined is exclusive to supermechagodzilla and the 50 goons that desperately want to be supermechagodzilla now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

purple death ray posted:

There's a different forum for normal humans to talk about films so I assume cined is exclusive to supermechagodzilla and the 50 goons that desperately want to be supermechagodzilla now

Yeah but that one is super slow moving in comparison