Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Here's a new complaint: In the past couple weeks I bought Fe and Crash. Both are single-player games with no multiplayer component to my knowledge. Not even leaderboards. Yet both games make you agree to an EULA, and if you don't, you can't play the game. I think DOOM also has an EULA, but that game at least has a multiplayer component.

I'm sure this has been a PC thing forever, but it's annoying. If I'm paying retail price for a game then I should be able to use it in a non-online capacity without having to agree to anything.

I mean, I don't really have a problem blindly clicking through them like everyone else. But I don't like the idea of this becoming normal and pervasive. To the extent that Nintendo has any consumer friendly policies (no, they're not your friend) this is one thing I with they'd push back on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Anidav posted:

Mario Tennis Aces is a sports based fighting game developed by the assholes at Camelot who decided to make Waluigi extremely loving tall. This God Molecule injected Waluigi can return all your balls without even moving.

Then they decided no. This is not good enough. We need to make a ghost with extremely randomised curve balls and a Dickhead in a robot who can also return all the balls.

Meanwhile little Timmy aged 12 picks Mario and the rear end of online play shits on this kid endlessly. This kid is damaged forever.

It sounds like a lot of this will get patched in July sometime. Camelot publicly stated that they'll be doing a balance pass.

Anyway, Timmy aged 12 is going to get owned at most online games with a medium-to-high skill ceiling. I'm happy to throw him under the bus in exchange for a game that feels this good to play.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I don't EULA stands for, what it means, and I've never read and single one. If I have to press OK to play a game that's alright with me.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
EULAs are pretty pointless. It's like a bare minimum rear end covering for the publisher to be able to say "well they clicked the thing where we prohibit them from using hate speech"

There's precedent for courts to acknowledge that nobody actually reads these things, so they're hard to enforce as a "contract"

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Xad posted:

I get single player games physical usually and multiplayer-focused games digital so I don't have to switch carts too often

That's how I'm handling Switch for the most part. I had no problem buying Splatoon 2 digitally. I'm definitely getting MonHun, Smash, and the eventual Animal Crossing digitally.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Over There posted:

I don't EULA stands for, what it means, and I've never read and single one. If I have to press OK to play a game that's alright with me.

End User License Agreement.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I had to take a poo poo while playing Ys VIII and when I tried to play it in the bathroom the joycons would not work at all, controlling the game that is. I could use the joycons to access the menu and take screenshots.

Only when I went into the menu to turn off the pro controller would the joycons respond to the game when I undock. How do you gently caress up the very thing that makes the Switch work? Then to play the game docked with the pro controller, I would have to turn off the joycons.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Over There posted:

Armalite Rifle

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The cowards changed the boxart

previously announced

new version

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

They didn't change the title font to be any more readable though.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Fuckin HYPED for rear end Barrier

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

rear end Blaster: Delta

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

I like buying the physical games because I miss being a kid and opening the packaging on a game and looking at the booklet and studying the box art. I also like the idea that I could maybe trade them in or sell them some day.

I picked up Mario Tennis Aces. It's pretty fun but kind of infuriating. Online play I got smoked off the court by Boo and his dumb slice shot that goes all over the place.

The UI is kind of frustrating at times in Adventure mode -- if you lose a level, it takes you back to the world map where you have to start again and (though you can skip it with -/+) go through the stage dialogue again. I could live without that, especially on some of the stages that took me a few tries to get a feel for.

I don't know how much online I'll wind up playing, but it's fun to goof around with.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I buy physical since I can resell. I couldn’t really afford to game as much if I couldn’t do that.

I’ll probably get Smash digitally though since I’ll be playing that poo poo constantly for years.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
they spelled the name wrong on their own store page

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Hello horny thread. Sushi Striker is Very Good. I hope everyone has a great weekend. That is all.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

How can you tell?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

b_d posted:

How can you tell?

It's more readable without the mixed up colors

Mega64
May 23, 2008

b_d posted:

How can you tell?

Because the actual name is PsyvAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Aryvaaiaa

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't know what you guys are talking about, I've been looking at that logo for the past ten minutes and it's perfectly legible to me. On an unrelated note, I can now also hear colors singing the hidden name of god.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Mario Tennis will get a balance patch for sure but the #1 NA dude was owning with daisy and peach for like 30 straight hours yesterday.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

People complaining about what characters are meta is just proof that Mario Tennis is a real fighting game. Also its never realistic nor should it be the goal of a fighting game for every character to be viable in all circumstances.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

homeless snail posted:

People complaining about what characters are meta is just proof that Mario Tennis is a real fighting game. Also its never realistic nor should it be the goal of a fighting game for every character to be viable in all circumstances.

okay but what about every single pokemon being viable in those games

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

homeless snail posted:

Well I look at it like the people who analyzed all the Mario Kart combinations to figure out which ones are the best -- games like that lose their fun if you're trying to eke out every last competitive advantage.

Maybe it's because I play more casually but I'm just looking to have fun with Mario and his buds on the tennis court.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

homeless snail posted:

Yeah, but the thing with Bowser Jr. is, he can basically cross the entire court without fail, and you have to do a war of attrition until he fat-fingers a trick shot after like 5 minutes. To score a point.

Fair about the #1 guy, though. He's really good at playing mindgames with that Drop Shot, which also works on a Bowser Jr sometimes, being dependent on tricking your opponent.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ZentraediElite posted:

Well I look at it like the people who analyzed all the Mario Kart combinations to figure out which ones are the best -- games like that lose their fun if you're trying to eke out every last competitive advantage.

Maybe it's because I play more casually but I'm just looking to have fun with Mario and his buds on the tennis court.
Its a competitive game, you can play it with the mindset if you want, just not in the competitive modes where people will be playing to win.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Mario Tennis is the next step of evolution of ARMS.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Over There posted:

Is Nintendo down?

Apparently Comcast had a fiber accidentally cut, which might’ve caused a nationwide outage and affected other carriers.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
Hi thread I just got a Switch with Mario Odyssey, what are the best games I gotta do. I already played BotW, Shovel Knight, Mario Kart and Tropical Freeze on Wii U.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Toebone posted:

Hi thread I just got a Switch with Mario Odyssey, what are the best games I gotta do. I already played BotW, Shovel Knight, Mario Kart and Tropical Freeze on Wii U.

Splatoon

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

BotW + Shovel Knight = Hollow Knight.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
So how’s Wolfenstein portable? Never played it and I’m stuck in a hotel for a couple days.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rolo posted:

So how’s Wolfenstein portable? Never played it and I’m stuck in a hotel for a couple days.

It’s amazing and I can’t believe it looks as good as it does. Get it.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Toebone posted:

splat
bayonetta
Kirby
puyo
hyrule warriors
dragon quest builders
stardew
dark souls
xenoblade
hollow knight

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ZentraediElite posted:

and you can play like that with your friends while the competitive players figure out tiers and stuff, no one is stopping you from playing with whoever you want

i just do not understand why people get all up in arms about tiers

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
When is dark souls coming out damnit

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Captain Todd

Risky
May 18, 2003

Just got a switch and it has a drat dead pixel :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Keeping the southern states after the Civil War was a mistake.

• Locked thread