Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Wark Say posted:

You mean like a penis? Like he had a penis for a left hand? Demitri Penishand?

hmmm you might be onto something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wark Say posted:

You mean like a penis? Like he had a penis for a left hand? Demitri Penishand?
Chef Stiffie

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Wark Say posted:

I still maintain that it might be a shout-out to Your Name, since it seems like it's referencing the Japanese title. Could be wrong, tho'. 「君の名は」

That's a bit of a stretch, they only have the "Your" in common and everything else is totally different.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

TheKingofSprings posted:

So there are 15 mangas currently ranked this week in Shonen Jump.

The chapter where Erina finally defeats her father and everyone strips in what can only be described as a Hail Mary of fanservice?

It ranked 13th. Ahead of some titty ghost series and a new series I’ve never heard of (Noah’s Notes)
I'm unironically sadder that Noah's Notes fell off that hard apparently.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Spoilers: Megumi fucks him up

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Megumi Rocks, King-sama snores. :black101:

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

does he get a toy with that

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I'm sorry but what the gently caress gumbo even remotely resembles curry? They don't look the same and they sure as hell don't smell the same.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I was not expecting that last panel

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

SpazmasterX posted:

I'm sorry but what the gently caress gumbo even remotely resembles curry? They don't look the same and they sure as hell don't smell the same.
Yeah... No gumbo I've ever had resembles Japanese Curry. Also if we're talking southern US Gumbo eaters he should be speaking French or have a Cajun accent

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Those Megumi-traveling-the-world panels are excellent.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Maybe to your trained eye. To my untrained eye, gumbo sure looks like Japanese curry especially from a distance. Doesn't excuse the smell part though.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Yeah it would have to be a gumbo made with fairly dark roux. Obviously the spice profile would be different overall as would the typical aromatics so the aroma would be obviously different. In terms of the initial appearance of the liquid portion, this comes sort of close, but that could be the effect of lighting.

kirtar fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jun 29, 2018

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
That girl is a goddamn treasure and manga does not deserve a girl this good.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

My only regret is that King-Sama's food reaction wasn't flatlining in a hospital bed.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010
https://www.readms.net/r/shokugeki_no_souma/269/5191/1 Mangastream link for the current chapter.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
This new Megumi is extremely strong.

Also I want to see more of Soccer Megumi.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Join the Elite Ten, travel the world, see interesting places, meet interesting people. And eat their food.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Sounds a bit like Rindou

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

kirtar posted:

Sounds a bit like Rindou

Nah Rindou travels the world to kill and eat exotic animals.

Megumi travels for meeting new people and cultures.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

New Megumi is Anthony Bourdain.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

HELL YEAH

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Megumi's always had comforting, rustic home-cooked food as her strong point. Now that she's part of the Elite Ten, she's gained the ability to travel and absorb other 'homes' into her cooking and become exponentially more powerful.

Megumi is too strong now.

EDIT: Every battle she's just going to Sherlock analyze the opponent and it's going to be the end of Ratatouille where she gets an emotional critical hit by appealing to their nostolgia and memories of childhood. This is the age of Megumi now.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the power of cultural appropriation... used for good!

FAKE EDIT: no i'm not saying megumi is culturally appropriating and therefore bad. eat your gumbo

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Megumi has ascended and gained the powers of Vesta/Hestia - Goddess of Hearth and Home

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Archenteron posted:

Megumi has ascended and gained the powers of Vesta/Hestia - Goddess of Hearth and Home

You mean Ribbons over here?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i feel like we have to take a moment to address your avatar

you may have gone too far

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Hestia is bestia

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Note: Shokugeki no Souma is a cooking manga.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm a huge fan of Arctic Megumi.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Patware posted:

i feel like we have to take a moment to address your avatar

you may have gone too far
Alas, it was not by my own hand that I got that particular avatar of the two Touhou Mikos "going at it". I think it was goon Dilbert As gently caress who chose to bestow it upon me. :shobon:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Reading the wiki Megumi could have been a pro table-tennis player had she not gone to Tootsuki.

Tadokoro has always been my favorite character and I'm really glad she got a time skip power up.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

get wrecked, kid

eat your gumbo, bitch

this is megumis house

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

hey let's think about how the first dish served in the new arc of 'shokugeki no souma: things are insane again' is a dish intended to wrap us in feelings of being comfortable and home again

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

net work error posted:

New Megumi is Anthony Bourdain.

So in which chapter does she die from auto-erotic asphyxiation

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Jerkface posted:

get wrecked, kid

eat your gumbo, bitch

this is megumis house

she's traveled the world all houses are now her house

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Patware posted:

hey let's think about how the first dish served in the new arc of 'shokugeki no souma: things are insane again' is a dish intended to wrap us in feelings of being comfortable and home again

:aaaaa:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

hiddenriverninja posted:

Reading the wiki Megumi could have been a pro table-tennis player had she not gone to Tootsuki.

Tadokoro has always been my favorite character and I'm really glad she got a time skip power up.

Yes, this is the origin of the "note: Shokugeki no Soma is a cooking anime/manga" joke. Chapter 39:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Shinomiya harnessing the power of shoujo sports manga to tutor Megumi is still extremely good and it's a shame absolutely nothing came of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

it's a shame absolutely nothing came of it.

New thread title once the current one loses lustre?