Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
My experience ordering soda living in Georgia since I was like 4 has been the following:

"id like a (name of soda)" and receiving said soda

or

"id like that with a (size) drink" and receiving a cup to fill up at one of those soda fountain machines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

my new dog posted:

what about solaire in smash, from dark souls, which is coming out on the switch, or so ive heard

Not the worst idea. Here's my problems with it

A) We already have tons of 'swordsman' types in smash. How would he differentiate from Roy, Marth, Link, etc.?
B) Solaire is far from the most important character in souls. He's kinda insignificant, although I guess he's the most iconic character in souls since the player character has the same problem as Robin from fire emblem but worse.
C) There are already so many characters in Smash that poor Sakurai is going to die

so yeaaah. Maybe solaire as like an alt-costume for Roy or something IDK.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Zaphod42 posted:

A) We already have tons of 'swordsman' types in smash. How would he differentiate from Roy, Marth, Link, etc.?
B) Solaire is far from the most important character in souls. He's kinda insignificant, although I guess he's the most iconic character in souls since the player character has the same problem as Robin from fire emblem but worse.
C) There are already so many characters in Smash that poor Sakurai is going to die

Bamco should just settle for including the Elite Knight parts in Soul Calibur 6's create a warrior mode.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Knorth posted:

If this ever happened I'd hope Hollow Knight would be the size of one of the Pikmin

Sega already did that back in 1996

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

olimar and the pikmin should be the same size as hollow knight, which is about the size of the other characters' toes.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

solaire would be a perfect assist trophy, it's too thematically appropriate

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
solaire as an assist trophy and the fighter representing dark souls is patches

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

This has never stopped them before

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
“Due to fan outcry, we’re pleased to announce that Waluigi will be joining Super Smash Bros Ultimate!

He’ll be wielding his signature weapon, the Scimwaaaaaatar. Longtime fans will recognize it from his appearance in *Reggie mumbles incomprehensibly*”

The monkey’s paw curls shut.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

oh no... not waluigi with a sword... I'm upset about this for some reason

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Walmart has marked down Pink and Green joycons to $25 in store only

Brick Seek is down from everyone trying to check stock but it showed 99% discounted and 91% in stock a while ago.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=656821586

The word is out on the general internet so if you can't go NOW you probably won't get the deal.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I got Hollow Knight on steam sale a few days ago and I know I'm just echoing what everyone else has been saying but goddamn is it good.

I made it to the City of Tears and just wow what a setpiece. It's amazingly gorgeous and give me some hella FFIX vibes (specifically Burmecia). Also found the Crystal Peak and it is similarly really awesome.

I don't think I've disliked any location in this game honestly. They are unique from one another and gorgeous in lots of different ways. :kiddo:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
It’s the best rainy day game to just sit back in portable while entire seasons of television go by in the background.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Looper posted:

i get where you're coming from but these two games are pretty bad examples lol

I dunno, I own both and after beating the campaign I don't know why I'd ever play Mario and Rabbids again. DQB has free building mode at least. I stupidly bought Rabbids on digital

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Got Dragon Quest builders from the library and claimed the 61 gold coin bounty. The game is really good too and I love the writing and gameplay. The Rollo dude is Joseph Smith as hell. Really funny

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
This is my first time with a broken console and £80 to repair what is according to Nintendo Repair Centre an "operating system problem" feels pretty loving harsh.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

I dunno, I own both and after beating the campaign I don't know why I'd ever play Mario and Rabbids again. DQB has free building mode at least. I stupidly bought Rabbids on digital

rabbids is getting a big expansion soon and builders is the kind of game you can play forever

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

Guy Goodbody posted:

I guess I just don't understand how people outside Texas order carbonated beverages. I want a coke, I ask for a coke. Do people in california just ask for a soda and then receive any kind of soda? Is this a common exchange in Minnesota: "What do you want to drink?" "A pop, please. One Pepsi-style pop"

Part of my childhood was in Southwest VA and I definitely recall ordering a coke and the response being “what kind?”

I moved to WV where most people said “pop” but ordering it seems like people say the specific drink but use pop in generic, “grab some pop when you go to the store.”

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Have they put gyro controls into fortnite yet?

Asking for a relative.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
In Minnesota the exchange normally goes:

A: Could I get you a drink?
B: No, I'm fine.
A: Really? It's no bother.
B: Oh, I couldn't trouble you.
A: I'll go put the coffee on; you just stay there.
B: There's no need, honest. I couldn't let you do that much work for me.
A: How about a pop then?
B: It's really not necessary.
A: Come on, I insist.
B: Well, if you insist then. I'll take a coke.
A: Ice? Glass?
B: Just the can is fine.
A: I'll get you a glass just in case. And Margery just made a pan of bars. Would you like a bar?
B: Oh no, I've got to get going soon.
A: Stick around a while. It's cold out. They're really good bars. And we're having hot dish later, dontchaknow.
B: Hot dish? Well, I couldn't say no to that. That'd just be rude.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Dehry posted:

Brick Seek is down from everyone trying to check stock but it showed 99% discounted and 91% in stock a while ago.

The word is out on the general internet so if you can't go NOW you probably won't get the deal.

Went literally as soon as I saw this post and both were out. :(

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Atlas Hugged posted:

In Minnesota the exchange normally goes:

A: Could I get you a drink?
B: No, I'm fine.
A: Really? It's no bother.
B: Oh, I couldn't trouble you.
A: I'll go put the coffee on; you just stay there.
B: There's no need, honest. I couldn't let you do that much work for me.
A: How about a pop then?
B: It's really not necessary.
A: Come on, I insist.
B: Well, if you insist then. I'll take a coke.
A: Ice? Glass?
B: Just the can is fine.
A: I'll get you a glass just in case. And Margery just made a pan of bars. Would you like a bar?
B: Oh no, I've got to get going soon.
A: Stick around a while. It's cold out. They're really good bars. And we're having hot dish later, dontchaknow.
B: Hot dish? Well, I couldn't say no to that. That'd just be rude.

Lawl, MY WIFE from up there got a pretty good kick out of that and confirmed as fact.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Florida being a mix of soda and coke is the most true thing I have ever seen

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Macaluso posted:

Florida being a mix of soda and coke is the most true thing I have ever seen

Snowbirds trying import that “pop” poo poo into our beautiful swamp are the worst :argh:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ZentraediElite posted:

Part of my childhood was in Southwest VA and I definitely recall ordering a coke and the response being “what kind?”

well yeah there's like ten different kinds now

SecretSquirrel
Jun 3, 2003

Masticator

Dehry posted:

Thanks! I live out in the boonies so I don't think anyone had seen that they were on sale so I got some easy.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Risky
May 18, 2003

Dehry posted:

Someone posted this in a fb group and I was about to head to walmart anyway. Seen a dude buying one and asked if the price was indeed 25 and sure enough it was.

Snagged the 2nd to last one.

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
I think I'm getting carpal tunnel in my thumb from playing lumines. Great game but I don't know why they won't let me use the stick instead of the joycon "dpad." Also, anyone know if you can unlock skins in challenge shuffle? It doesn't seem like you can, but just wanted to confirm.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
i've played lumines like a million times yet it's fresh and better on switch

why is everything better on switch

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I take it back. Not every region in Hollow Knight is awesome and gorgeous. I found Deepnest. :gonk:

I want nothing to do with any of this jesus christ.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

ebay has 15% off all purchases for the next two hours

sorry, late notice I know. Got a three game bundle for pretty cheap so that's cool.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Kazy posted:

Went literally as soon as I saw this post and both were out. :(

I had to drive 30 miles and go to two of em but I got one :) thanks thread.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Disc Golf is insanely bad motherfukers

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

More Hollow Knight things:

I did the first big giant plot thing, naturally in the horror terror region Deepnest.

Cool now I can get the hell out of here and go find other places to venture to. On my way out why not check in with the weird moss people. O... oh...uh... they seem to be a bit... dead. Yikes.

Okay whatever I picked up a thing I think I can use somewhere in Forgotten Crossroads let's just go to town and then drop down and....

Infected Crossroads

:gonk:

Why did nobody tell me I was playing a horror game.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The solution is the great soft drink debate is not to drink any, you’re welcome.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I really hope there is a Mario Maker port. That is one game I am really sad I haven't been able to play.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Risky posted:

Someone posted this in a fb group and I was about to head to walmart anyway. Seen a dude buying one and asked if the price was indeed 25 and sure enough it was.

Snagged the 2nd to last one.

Brickseek showing like 3 in stock 15 miles away, and 2 stores with 4 each. Might grab a few lmao

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I like how the Wolf 2 launch trailer on the official Nintendo Youtube channel straight up spoils the first part of the game, that I had to this point apparently avoided.

Like if you watch this video you will see a spoiler..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgb-iaHEOUY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
In Louisiana it is very normal to be asked what kind of coke you want

• Locked thread