Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I'm bad at the "Is it Memnosyne or The Aristocrats: Anime version" game.

e: Tada got his happy ending, now I'm ready for the summer season in full

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jun 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Endorph posted:

(its by a touken ranbu doujin artist that blatantly wants Shiki to kabedon them

that's badass

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

there's introspection and then there's seemingly endless speeches about what murder really means

i'm glad Nasu is a fellow Jean Genet fan

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DisDisDis posted:

i'm glad Nasu is a fellow Jean Genet fan

Thomas de Quincey

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

dogsicle posted:

I'd want this shiki to kabedon me too

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Just saw the trailer for a show called Angels of Death on Crunchyroll’s YouTube page, it looks like it’s probably going to be this season’s low rent horror fighting show that has the potential to be entertaining.
As far as the trailer goes, girl wakes up with amnesia in a basement and meets a serial killer with a scythe who offers to help her escape if she promises to kill him. The lifts in the building apparently only go up one floor at a time, and they start at like Basement level 5 or something, and each floor has it’s own serial killer stalking it, looks like the villains will be pretty unique individuals which is a good start.

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jun 29, 2018

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Anime_Otaku posted:

Just saw the trailer for a show called Angels of Death on Crunchyroll’s YouTube page, it looks like it’s probably going to be this season’s low rent horror fighting show that has the potential to be entertaining.
As far as the trailer goes, girl wakes up with amnesia in a basement and meets a serial killer with a scythe who offers to help her escape if she promises to kill him. The lifts in the building apparently only go up one floor at a time, and they start at like Basement level 5 or something, and each floor has it’s own serial killer stalking it, looks like the villains will be pretty unique individuals which is a good start.

Yeah that's

quote:

Satsuriku no Tenshi
J.C.Staff | Kentarou Suzuki | ... | Adventure, Horror, Psychological, Thriller | Video Game | Jul 6, 2018
13-year old Rachel awakens to find herself trapped in the basement of an abandoned building. Without any memories, or even a clue as to where she could be, she wanders the building, lost and dizzy. In her search, she comes across a man covered in bandages. He introduces himself as Zack and he wields a grim-reaper like sickle. A strange bond is struck between them, strengthened by strange, crazy promises…These two, trapped in this strange building, don't know why fate has placed them there. But they will work together desperately to find a way out…
PV

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
D’oh, sorry, but it does genuinely seem like it could either be really fun or really awful, no middle ground. Just gave the PV another look, I’m getting a weird Future Diary vibe, I think mainly because one of the killers seems to be a child.

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jun 29, 2018

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
kara no kyoukai: come for the agender killer with the cool outfit, stay for the touko aozaki explaining concepts you only half get but its cool anyway cause she is the coolest.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Anime_Otaku posted:

quote:

13-year old Rachel awakens to find herself trapped in the basement of an abandoned building. Without any memories, or even a clue as to where she could be, she wanders the building, lost and dizzy. In her search, she comes across a man covered in bandages. He introduces himself as Zack and he wields a grim-reaper like sickle. A strange bond is struck between them, strengthened by strange, crazy promises…These two, trapped in this strange building, don't know why fate has placed them there. But they will work together desperately to find a way out…
relevant username

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Snooze Cruise posted:

kara no kyoukai: come for the agender killer with the cool outfit, stay for the touko aozaki explaining concepts you only half get but its cool anyway cause she is the coolest.
Who's also a ghetto cyborg...! Or something. She's cool!

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Anime_Otaku posted:

is it based off that indie rpg game thats on the switch eshop and steam

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I have no idea what it's like but the fact an RPGmaker game can get an anime in 2018 is still amazing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Justin_Brett posted:

I have no idea what it's like but the fact an RPGmaker game can get an anime in 2018 is still amazing.

It isnt even the first rpgmaker thing to get anime and stuff. Ao oni is an rpgmaker game and it had an anime, novels, and a live-action film.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6aqPds92c4
ooh

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i never thought about how you would carry greatbows around if you were part of a club using one

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

anor londo: the anime

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Yuichiro Umehara is taking an indefinite hiatus from voice acting whilst recovering from ADEM.

Oh poo poo who's gonna voice Goblin Slayer now? :stare:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hopefully nobody, and it gets cancelled.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

Hopefully nobody, and it gets cancelled.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Finally started watching LOGH:DNT from last season, and I’m a bit weirded out by the OP choice. This was not where I expected to encounter a transparent rip-off of ‘Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now’.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, somebody posted this on the chat thread or on the Spring thread around U.S. mother's day. It was a pretty :stare: moment then, too.

He has a very peculiar baritone to his voice. I'm guessing he gets subbed by somebody relatively around the same age and vocal range like Kouki Uchiyama, Yuuma Uchida or someone like that.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Julias posted:

Back Street Girls
J.C.Staff | Chiaki Kon | Susumu Yamakawa | Comedy, Ecchi, Seinen | Manga | Jul 4, 2018
A group of 3 yakuza failed their boss for the last time. After messing up an important job, the boss gave them 2 choices: honorably commit suicide, or go to Thailand to get a sex reassignment surgery in order to become "female" idols. After a gruesome year training to become idols, they successfully debut, with overwhelming popularity, much to their dismay. This is where their tragedy truly begins.
PV Yakuza version
PV Idol version

Oh, gently caress all of this.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Eela6 posted:

The part where Rin sticks the time fruit into the villains vagina was kind of great in a really weird transgressive style way.

hold up

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fairly self explanatory i think

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Baki, Tonegawa, Overlord and Back Street Girls are the good poo poo. Don't care about the rest.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Link the Baki and Ovelord threads op you fucker

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Julias, just in case that you heed Plutonis' request: Overlord thread is here, and Baki thread is here. ;)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I figured somebody would make a new thread for overlord s3, considering it's explicitly titled s2 and hasn't been posted in for 2 months.

Was wondering if the new Baki deserved a new thread, but since you're the OP:

quote:

:siren:Baki: NEW GRAPPLER BAKI
TMS Entertainment | Toshiki Hirano | Tatsuhiko Urahata | Action | Manga | June 25, 2018
The protagonist, Baki Hanma, trains with an intense focus to become strong enough to surpass his father, Yujiro Hanma, the strongest fighter in the world. Five of the world's most violent and brutal death row inmates are gathering to face Baki. Their objective is to taste defeat -- their unmatched strength and skill have led them to grow bored of life itself, and they now seek out Baki in the hopes that he can overwhelm and utterly crush them. In this crisis, other underground martial art warriors gather to fight by Baki's side: Kaoru Hanayama, Gouki Shibukawa, Retsu Kaioh, and Doppo Orochi. An epic showdown between violent death row inmates and Baki and his friends begins!
PV
Thread

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The MMO Junkie manga is ending due to the author's health.

The stress of the most famous advertisement for her manga being the work of Naziman probably didn't help her health issues, lol. Note that this isn't an indefinite hiatus like the series was on since like 2015, but rather 'this is over, forever.' She could relaunch it at a later date as MMO Junkie beyond or whatever, but I feel like if she made this call that'd be pretty unlikely for her to do.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Sad but at least readers know for sure.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/1013381587235295235

so the yuri on ice film finally has a release window and kv, this teaser video is just showing it off w/ some viktor VO and a screaming crowd of fans. i'll be more optimistic about it once they give a real date because uh, only a couple months ago it sounded like there was zero progress on the production

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Endorph posted:

The stress of the most famous advertisement for her manga being the work of Naziman probably didn't help her health issues, lol. Note that this isn't an indefinite hiatus like the series was on since like 2015, but rather 'this is over, forever.' She could relaunch it at a later date as MMO Junkie beyond or whatever, but I feel like if she made this call that'd be pretty unlikely for her to do.
nazis really do ruin everything :argh:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

:smith:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Elephant Parade posted:

nazis really do ruin everything :argh:
eh, she had health issues long before that. the manga's been on and off hiatus since 2015.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Endorph posted:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2018-02-09/recovery-of-an-mmo-junkie-director-causes-controversy-with-anti-semitic-tweets/.127409

What the gently caress

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lol yea

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

That was completely out of nowhere too because the last time I've seen antisemitism in anime was in Angel cop

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
First episode of Hanebado is up, and so far it’s showing potential to be a really great sports show.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

RME posted:

is it based off that indie rpg game thats on the switch eshop and steam

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Black Stones posted:

First episode of Hanebado is up, and so far it’s showing potential to be a really great sports show.

Go for it, thirsty glasses girl.

• Locked thread