Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
John Lorinc's thoughts on TRADE WAR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Furnaceface posted:

I think its fair to ask that if theyre going to gently caress us over they at least do it in the most Canadian way possible.

grumble grumble old stock Canadians

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Ahahahaha PCs are rolling back the OHIP+ program for under 25 kids getting medical coverage. It lasted a whole 7 months. Gonna be tons of fun dealing with all this in the pharmacy.

Cant wait to see what else they cut from healthcare to pay for their stupid loving tax breaks and handouts to the wealthy in the coming months.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Our daycare sent us an email about reduced fees and said it was provisional and could change based on provincial funding. I totally expect them to cut childcare funding.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

TorStar posted:

The announcement comes a day after Christine Elliott was sworn in as minister of health and long-term care as part of the new Progressive Conservative cabinet.

“Premier Ford promised the people he would find efficiencies without compromising service or jobs, and we are delivering,” she said.

Services, what does that even mean?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Wait times, individual case workers, etc.

Basically everyone on ODSP, welfare, etc. is about to get hosed over, hardcore.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
Enforcement of everything is gonna go down as older workers retire to get out as the work gets harder and the province refuses to hire replacements.

So if you were thinking of violating any provincial regulations or laws on industry, just wait a few years and you'll have the opportunity to get away with murder. Walkerton it up as much as you like!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Speaking of Walkerton, any of you peeps so hard up for action over the election feel like putting something on an over/under for deaths directly attributable to this administration?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

infernal machines posted:

Speaking of Walkerton, any of you peeps so hard up for action over the election feel like putting something on an over/under for deaths directly attributable to this administration?

With abstinence-only education, it should be a wash.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Powershift posted:

With a gutted and ransacked healthcare system Im sure the mortality rate at birth will rise to match.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Ontario is #1!

..in infant mortality.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

going with seventeen deaths, from one major incident... with a couple of dead blonde ladies to really sell the tragedy.

but that's just openly though, which really undersells all the great and terrible things they're going to accomplish.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Powershift posted:

You are kidding right, please tell me he said this in one of his speeches

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Tbh administration is a strong word for these folks

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I've been away for a while, did the thread discuss about him talking about a subway to Pickering because lol

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Dreylad posted:

I've been away for a while, did the thread discuss about him talking about a subway to Pickering because lol

It's going to connect it to the Sudbury-Thunder Bay metropolitan area.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Hey kids, do you want to look smart and cool at the parties you're going to today? Just tell that young lady wearing a Canadian flag as a shirt that today is technically not Canada Day, under the federal Holidays Act of 1985

quote:

Canada Day
2 (1) July 1, not being a Sunday, is a legal holiday and shall be kept and observed as such throughout Canada under the name of "Canada Day".

Marginal note:When July 1 is a Sunday
(2) When July 1 is a Sunday, July 2 is a legal holiday and shall be kept and observed as such throughout Canada under the name of "Canada Day".

R.S., c. H-7, s. 2; 1980-81-82-83, c. 124, s. 1.

:smug::hf::canada:

Jazz Police
Nov 6, 2009

It's your fault, man.

Leofish posted:

Hey kids, do you want to look smart and cool at the parties you're going to today? Just tell that young lady wearing a Canadian flag as a shirt that today is technically not Canada Day, under the federal Holidays Act of 1985

:smug::hf::canada:

I have an office full of pissed off hourly workers who took extra/long shifts today because they assumed they'd be paid time and a half.
I suspect our MP is going to be getting some pretty angry letters.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Math You posted:

I celebrated Doug Ford Day by paddling two hours, setting up camp for an awesome 4 day weekend and then immediately having my first ever kidney stone get rocketed into my left flank as I was swimming.
Ended the day crossing a rough lake we don't know well in the dark (secretly hoping I'd drown) to get to a hospital

At least they told me I don't have any more? :shrug:

Kidney stones are the loving worst. If you start to get them more often, definitely get a pee funnel from the hospital to catch one and get it analyzed so they can see what type it is.

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity
Happy not-Canada Day everyone!

Please don't forget to hydrate and seek cooler temperatures. Heat exhaustion and heat strokes are real.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
john tavares signed with the maple leafs, thank you on canada day for making this possible pmselfie queen bless :toot:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

EvidenceBasedQuack posted:

Happy not-Canada Day everyone!

Please don't forget to hydrate and seek cooler temperatures. Heat exhaustion and heat strokes are real.

It's 10 overnight here and grey/wet, suck my rear end

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

CLAM DOWN posted:

Currently at 43 with the humidex.

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

drat bleary Vancouver weather.

Happy Canada day goons. I love reading this thread. Never stop. Queen bless.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

TrueChaos posted:

Currently at 43 with the humidex.

Ah Humidex, Canada’s glorious pointless contribution to weather reportage.

Happy Canada Day Eve y’all!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

Are you in Iqaluit or something?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Happy Canada Day you pack of anti-social broke brained psychos. Here's a helpful video which is an essential skill for those days where you whip out your BBQ (extremely bourgeoisie item might I add) and grill some tasty burgers (red meat? are you some sort of king? guillotine):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmr1l5IV9Os

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Are you in Iqaluit or something?

Vancouver

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Happy imperialist pig day you imperialist pigs.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Personally I love it when it is grey and rainy in Vancouver in the summer, heat wave advisories fill me with dread because our place gets so drat hot.

I’d live in Prince Rupert or something if I could!

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I mean, that's your own fault for living in a city that gets rain half the days of the year. It's 19 degrees here, perfect weather to sit inside and shitpost on the internet.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Holy poo poo. It's 33° in the shade here in Toronto, with just under 60% humidity.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Only about 26 here in the Peg but it'll get warmer still. A nice day to be in a country with a sane leader.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

Only about 26 here in the Peg but it'll get warmer still. A nice day to be in a country with a sane leader.

For the all of 2 years of that we have left, and he’s still a thieving scumbag

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Holy poo poo. It's 33° in the shade here in Toronto, with just under 60% humidity.

Waiting for the sun's Welcome to HELL front page, 35 here

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Forty loving five celsius with humidity Im dying and burnt to a crisp but woooooo Canada or something.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I am drunk on Canafian beer watching history minutes. Happy Canada Day

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity

bunnyofdoom posted:

I am drunk on Canafian beer watching history minutes. Happy Canada Day

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Waiting for the sun's Welcome to HELL front page, 35 here

Geese just bursting into flame mid-flight as they pass a melting windmill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Hooray for working on Canada Day