Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

it's ok most of florida should not be inhabited by humans and it was never sustainable

see also: california, the american southwest as a whole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Crowley also hit all the bad dem standards.

He had to go through a congressional ethics investigation after voting yes to stop wall street bank regulations after meeting finance sector lobbyists and accepting campaign contributions from them.

He and his cronies also used the NYC Orphans court to shake down working class families who lost a loved one who didn't have a will.

One of his associates raked in 1 million dollars in one year through this politically connected appointment.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

etalian posted:

Crowley also hit all the bad dem standards.

He had to go through a congressional ethics investigation after voting yes to stop wall street bank regulations after meeting finance sector lobbyists and accepting campaign contributions from them.

He and his cronies also used the NYC Orphans court to shake down working class families who lost a loved one who didn't have a will.

One of his associates raked in 1 million dollars in one year through this politically connected appointment.

Imagine how many other lovely incumbents can get kicked out in the next few years!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Yeah, it's just a very backwards and self-serving way of looking at being an elected representative.

Also, I watched that piece from TDS again, as well as AOC's interview with Colbert, and I have to ask: what am I missing here? What about her accent is supposed to jump out at you with distinct cultural baggage? Is it because I didn't grow up here? Except neither did Trevor Noah. :confused:

as far as I can tell, she has no accent. I haven't watched the TDS piece, cause gently caress trevor noah, but if I had to guess, he was just playing on some latina stereotype like the shithead he is

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
they're starting to crack the code :ohdear:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Condiv posted:

as far as I can tell, she has no accent. I haven't watched the TDS piece, cause gently caress trevor noah, but if I had to guess, he was just playing on some latina stereotype like the shithead he is

Gross.

Joementum posted:

This scares the voter.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Yeah, it's just a very backwards and self-serving way of looking at being an elected representative.

Also, I watched that piece from TDS again, as well as AOC's interview with Colbert, and I have to ask: what am I missing here? What about her accent is supposed to jump out at you with distinct cultural baggage? Is it because I didn't grow up here? Except neither did Trevor Noah. :confused:

It's just trevor noah being as clueless as always.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

SKULL.GIF posted:

lol half the everglades gone, that definitely won't have any unpredictable effects

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

can't wait to ride tame burmese pythons through the canals of Neo-Miami

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

trevor noah hates poor people

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

It's just trevor noah being as clueless as always.

He's got local writers, though.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Joementum posted:

it's amazing how hard it is for these people to accept that AOC is 1) a minority 2) a woman 3) not a centrist

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Joementum posted:

Someone who is in the DSA turns out to have given dues to the DSA? Welp, checkmate athiests

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Absurd Alhazred posted:

He's got local writers, though.

then they should have told him not to do stereotypical puerto rican woman voice

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Jeb! Repetition posted:

You used to not be able to speak ill of DWS here without a bad Dem who was going to leave the forum forever on 11/9 getting all up in your case

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Wait it costs money to be in the DSA?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Al! posted:

then they should have told him not to do stereotypical puerto rican woman voice

I'm just saying, I don't think "clueless" is really a good defense.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

trevor noah was just clueless when he said that apartheid south african cops shooting striking miners with live ammo was good

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 22:13 on Jun 30, 2018

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

https://twitter.com/MrDane1982/status/1010321244821118976

god drat, the 2020 dem primary will be the greatest show on earth

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Inevitable:

https://twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/1013156845286981632

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm just saying, I don't think "clueless" is really a good defense.

yea it’s not a defense, he is dumb, bad privileged and doesn’t give a gently caress.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

not a cult posted:

https://twitter.com/MrDane1982/status/1010321244821118976

god drat, the 2020 dem primary will be the greatest show on earth

it owns how every election tops the last

Catboy Autonomist
Jun 23, 2018

IS IT SUPWISING THAT PWISONS WESEMBWE FACTOWIES, SCHOOWS, WHICH AWW WESEMBWE PWISONS?

Joementum posted:

Dunno if you've seen the replies to that tweet (the NYC DSA one) but it is full of Republicans freaking out and it is delicious

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ACO radicalization was due to bad dem factors
-Her family almost lost her house during the 2008 finance crash and had bankers coming by to take foreclosure pics (Finance sector benefited manhattan more than anything else)
-When her father passed away without a will the Queen orphan court run by Crowley's henchmen took what little lifesavings her family had left and the process took 4 years to complete
-She had to work multiple jobs to keep her family above water

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

etalian posted:

ACO radicalization was due to bad dem factors
-Her family almost lost her house during the 2008 finance crash and had bankers coming by to take foreclosure pics (Finance sector benefited manhattan more than anything else)
-When her father passed away without a will the Queen orphan court run by Crowley's henchmen took what little lifesavings her family had left and the process took 4 years to complete
-She had to work multiple jobs to keep her family above water

the only good thing about neoliberalism is that it leads to radicalized population. the hope is to radicalize people leftward and not towards fascism.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Lol it looks like the establishment dems are starting up their own talking point media machine given how everybody is suddenly focusing on hating Jill Stein and Susan Sarandon

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

really queer Christmas posted:

the only good thing about neoliberalism is that it leads to radicalized population. the hope is to radicalize people leftward and not towards fascism.

It would be cool if the conservative-radicalization cycle didn't need to be the norm.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Feldegast42 posted:

Lol it looks like the establishment dems are starting up their own talking point media machine given how everybody is suddenly focusing on hating Jill Stein and Susan Sarandon

nah it's just the dearth of imagination of the neoliberal mind

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

If President Donald Trump were to nominate a woman to replace retiring Supreme Court justice Anthony Kennedy, it would make it much more difficult for Democrats to obstruct her appointment, Hillary Clinton's former pollster Mark Penn said during a Thursday interview with "Rising," Hill.TV's morning news show. Picking a woman for the court would also likely boost Trump's approval ratings among women, Penn added.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

obama goes to a beverly hills cocktail party to chide richies at cocktail parties:

quote:

President Obama gave a scathing critique of the modern Democratic Party at a fundraiser Thursday in Beverly Hills at the home of a mega donor. Obama chided Democrats for “moping” at “cocktail parties.”

Obama said, “If you are one of these folks who is watching cable news at your cocktail parties with your friends and you are saying ‘civilization is collapsing’ and you are nervous and worried, but that is not where you are putting all your time, energy and money, then either you don’t actually think civilization is collapsing … or you are not pushing yourself hard enough and I would push harder.”

Obama continued, “Enough moping, this is a mope-free zone.”

During the Q-and-A session, Obama was asked if he has any regrets over his eight years.

“He almost accepted some of the blame for the state of the party,” Politico reported, before noting that Obama then blamed the state of the DNC on “neglect” by party leaders.

Obama then admitted that his regret was that people focused too much on him while he was in office.

“I’ll be honest with you,” Obama said, “If I have a regret during my presidency, it is that people were so focused on me and the battles we were having, particularly after we lost the House, that folks stopped paying attention up and down the ballot.”

In his introduction of Obama, DNC chairperson called him the “real president of the United States.”

Obama ended his remarks with a dire warning to Democrats, asking them to stop worrying and get out and do something that inspires people:

“All these people that are out here kvetching and wringing their hands and stressed and anxious and constantly watching cable TV and howling at the moon, ‘What are we going to do?,’ their hair’s falling out, they can’t sleep. The majority of the American people prefer a story of hope. A majority of the American people prefer a country that comes together rather than being divided. The majority of the country doesn’t want to see a dog-eat-dog world where everybody is angry all the time.”

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

that was dailycaller's take; here's cnn's:

quote:

And the former President even suggested to the roughly 200 donors in attendance, who also enjoyed a performance from Christina Aguilera, that Democrats can't get fixated on the glitz and personality of politics.

"We shouldn't expect (politics) to be entertaining all the time -- and Christina Aguilera was wonderful -- but you don't need to have an amazing singer at every event," he said.

"Sometimes you are just in a church basement making phone calls and eating cold pizza."

But Obama's message on Thursday, sitting in overstuffed armchairs across from DNC chair Tom Perez, was far more a call for Democratic self-reflection than the hope and change the launched him into the White House 10 years ago. At an event that included opening remarks from Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, Obama urged Democrats to not grow complacent and at times validated their fears about the last 18 months.

"This is a moment of great urgency and you are right to be concerned," he said.
At no point in the event did Obama actually say Trump's name. But he did sprinkle his remarks to ardent Democrats, some of whom spent thousands to see him, with plenty of knocks against the opposing party.

"They are mad even when they win," he exclaimed. "Have you noticed that? They don't look happy at all!"

what... does this even mean?

quote:

Obama acknowledged that Democrats are still searching for a message in the midterms and took a stab at a message of his own.

"The simple message right now is that if people participate, and they vote, then this democracy works," he said, "And if we don't vote, then this democracy does not work."

He added: "So, I am happy to talk about specifics, but I want you to know for those of you who have decided you have got something else to do, I am giving you the executive summary: Vote! Participate! Get involved!"

Obama argued on Thursday that the divide in America is a split between "a fundamental contrast of how we view the world and what is going on right now" and that America is "seeing the consequences of what happens when one vision is realized, or at least is in charge."

"That's the bad news," he said. "The good news is that it is entirely within our power to solve it."

Asked about women in politics, he opened by saying, "First of all, lets stipulate that women are smart." When the women in the audience hollered, he added, "But, women, you guys aren't perfect, let's be clear. I just don't want you to feel, to quote Beyonce, I don't want you to feel yourself too much now."

he's reaching reagan-post-alzheimers levels of incoherence. But he's not just there for his fellow dems:

quote:

On Friday, Obama will travel to the Bay Area to headline a Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee fundraiser with House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Rep. Anna Eshoo. The luncheon event is expected to raise millions, with top tickets to the event running $237,300 per couple and general entry running $10,000, according to an invitation.

The trip will also benefit Obama's growing post-presidency foundation, with the former President meeting with prospective donors to his foundation.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
The Nader bitterness will never get old because a lot of the centrist pundists still pushing it today voted Bush in 2000

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Willa Rogers posted:

that was dailycaller's take; here's cnn's:

what... does this even mean?

he's reaching reagan-post-alzheimers levels of incoherence. But he's not just there for his fellow dems:

what even is this

did trump's brain spiders infect him? or was his brain already broke

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its shocking imo how often everyone forgets libya being obama's fault considering the iraq war is entirely bush/blairs fault

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
or just forgets libya

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

GSD posted:

what even is this

did trump's brain spiders infect him? or was his brain already broke

it was a cocktail party. he was probably a little lit.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Obama in that thing up there just:
1: Acknowledged that democrats don't, overall have a message
2: Articulated a belief that they need one to make people motivated
3: Said the message was "get motivated"
4: SEEMS TO THINK THIS IS OKAY

Was he always like this? Am I now seeing what Paradol Ex saw all those years ago?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Willa Rogers posted:

obama goes to a beverly hills cocktail party to chide richies at cocktail parties:

Didn't we get in this bad dem situation because of rich people?

Also rich people are hilariously clueless so it's pretty funny expecting them to come out with good faith solutions for main street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Aahahah imagine going into a place where someone paid $237k to see you speak and telling them to go into a church basement and phone bank while eating cold pizza. Holy gently caress.

• Locked thread