Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Shaggar posted:

they make barrel power connectors that rotate as well which is cool, but no data.

couldn’t they use a TRRS nowadays for this ? you could make the charger smart enough to detect load so it doesn’t short out and go on fire ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
https://twitter.com/D_Breyer/status/942758866818928640

e: lol

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

oh cool, it's the courier project back from the dead, nine years later

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

lmao

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

put this in the trash tia

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.
everybody is working on a folding phone. there's a fuckton of work to make a folding phone os properly responsive to the orientation of the device. zero chance that samsung gets it anywhere close to right.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFQWc79TYcU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

I'm well-known for missing Jobsian skeuomorphism but this is loving stupid.

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

yeah microsoft doesn't really reuse things...

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Fiedler posted:

everybody is working on a folding phone. there's a fuckton of work to make a folding phone os properly responsive to the orientation of the device. zero chance that samsung gets it anywhere close to right.

nobody wants a folding phone

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

nobody wants a folding phone

it's like you don't even know dyp exists

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Diaypers are the worst

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

if there's a stupid idea you can apply to a phone, there is sure to be someone in dyp who thinks it is a great idea

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
its a thing in westworld so yeah someone will buy it

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
so now that chrome's notifications are using the windows 10 notifications thing, how do you get notifications to not appear on top of a fullscreen app, like a game

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

don't use chrome. hth.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

does Game Mode do anything?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

pseudorandom name posted:

its like the turbo button on a 386 i think

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

pseudorandom name posted:

it doesn't prevent system notifications from appearing over top of the game, if that's what you mean

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/char_laatte/status/1012826775477370880

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

anthonypants posted:

it doesn't prevent system notifications from appearing over top of the game, if that's what you mean

this is exactly what I meant and also exactly the answer I expected

lol

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

anthonypants posted:

it probably will if the game's in fullscreen rather than borderless window

then again it doesn't bother me

yes i am quite aware i'm the weirdo

e: also for notifications in game mode, check settings : system > focus assist > when i'm playing a game (set to on)

might also be somewhere in the game bar

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

forget it, its windows (ie bad)

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

dont be mean to me posted:

it probably will if the game's in fullscreen rather than borderless window

then again it doesn't bother me

yes i am quite aware i'm the weirdo

e: also for notifications in game mode, check settings : system > focus assist > when i'm playing a game (set to on)

might also be somewhere in the game bar
game bar doesn't have any notification-specific settings that i can find but i have focus assist set to off and that "when I'm playing a game" setting set to on

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Krankenstyle posted:

forget it, its windows (ie bad)
ie is bad that's why i'm using chrome

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Krankenstyle posted:

put the windows on multiple desktops you mongrel

i use multiple desktops. but organizing safari tabs into separate safari windows is hard because websites have “hyperlinks” and these hyperlinks open up new tabs and these new tabs have “pictures of boobs” and before you know it, your window meant for downloading warez is now meant for peeping at tits while you jack off. then you switch back to your other windows and start jacking off even more, looking at more boobs (and other stuff). then you can’t remember which window has which tits in it and that’s where the inconvenience comes in.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

“latest renderings” based on patents are always idiotic and wrong. and i’m confident saying that because this statement will still be true if microsoft does indeed release a product looking even remotely like this.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

PleasureKevin posted:

i use multiple desktops. but organizing safari tabs into separate safari windows is hard because websites have “hyperlinks” and these hyperlinks open up new tabs and these new tabs have “pictures of boobs” and before you know it, your window meant for downloading warez is now meant for peeping at tits while you jack off. then you switch back to your other windows and start jacking off even more, looking at more boobs (and other stuff). then you can’t remember which window has which tits in it and that’s where the inconvenience comes in.

what the hell man, do that poo poo in a private window with private tabs

also tabs open in the same window

also if you get the link from like an email or something, just move the tab to the right window??

ALSO i got no pleasure from writing this post, kevin... God!!

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Fiedler posted:

considering samsung cant get nonfolding phones right this isnt a bold prediction

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/h0x0d/status/1012135983242833920

it's happening

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

PleasureKevin posted:

it sounds like all the windows have tits, seems very convenient.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Bobby Digital posted:

it sounds like all the windows have tits, seems very convenient.

Tiddies as a service.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Looks like I've found my next mouse, my current Razer DeathAdder thing has decided to double click if the AC is not turned on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4muQs733bk

Only $22 on Amazon too, hoot.

MrMoo fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jun 30, 2018

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I want the classic Intellimouse Explorer back, not this abomination.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

what the gently caress is this

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

https://twitter.com/verge/status/1013150432946982912

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Lambert posted:

I want the classic Intellimouse Explorer back, not this abomination.

i lost my intellimouse, router and kitties in le divorce

i want my cats back but the intellimouse is a close second

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

why would an advertising company want to buy github? all the users block ads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
didn't google host their own code repo, and didn't they shut it down when they decided they didn't want to host a code repo anymore