Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Yeah, if Janter and Salter didn't have Buster UPS, they wouldn't be nearly as good as they are.

e: I actually had no idea they always count as first card in terms of strength, though. That's interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Blight Runner posted:

I'm sure we went over this before, but if a skill increases the effectiveness of Quick/Arts/Buster cards, the NP cards do not count, correct? Like, it wouldn't make sense to pop Rider Kintoki's quick skill before his NP to try and get more stars?
Buffs that boost card type affect NP, you absolutely want to use Kintoki's skill before using his NP.

What isn't affected with NPs is using the card type in a different spot in the chain; for example, putting a regular Buster card ahead of an Arts NP doesn't give it a boost to damage, same would go for Arts (for NP gain) or Quick (for more stars). Also can't say Buster Brave chain a NP to boost its damage. However, OTHER non-NP cards are of course affected just the same. This ostensibly you would do Stheno's Buster NP card first in a NP-Q-Q chain, as it would give the buster damage boost to her quick cards.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Traveller posted:

Endorph gave Stheno a 7/10 :ssh:

you're right, ive correctly assessed my own failings and will hereby modify her score to a 10/10

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Transient People posted:

It does count

just remember that NPs are always treated as first slot cards (so 80% of the listed damage on quicks and 80% stargen, etc.). Card Ups modify this.

This is part of what makes Rider Kintoki so hilarious. He can self buff his Quick Cards and then his NP has a quick buff.

An NP Quick Brave Chain from him gets really stupid if he has any overcharge.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
Cool, thanks guys. I had to ask, because Rider Kintoki's self Arts boost for his NP made me second guess the way skills interact with NPs.

I can't wait for the shop to refresh, I should have 100+ tickets to roll for summer servants. I must suppress the desire, lest the gacha ruins me again.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Ever since the Camelot update NP cards take like half a second longer to appear compared to the rest of the cards. Kinda annoying

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Lord Koth posted:

...There are chains available in the event shop of Summer Part 2 in a few weeks. And the Prisma one. And the Nerofest boxes. Your eyes apparently did, in fact, glaze over super hard.

Yeah I should absolutely not be going through wikis when I'm in the process of nodding off, jesus christ.

Unrelated, did two more multis fishing for Lancelot and came away with a Martha dupe and a surprise Ozy. Can probably say goodbye to Squirtoria this summer with that luck but whatever, Chloe will be a decent enough consolation on the ST Archer front when that happens. Plus Martha is my actual goal there, anyway.

Regardless of that minor bitching I'm pretty stoked about Ozy. I feel like he's going to be extremely good friends with Kintoki and Santa, and that NP gauge buff alone makes it easy to justify bringing him to any nodes with mixed Caster/Whatever enemies. Also Tesla, Scathach, and Nero should love him if enemy sets allow for their use.

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 30, 2018

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Can someone explain to me what, exactly, makes Gamepress such a joke? I've looked at them a few times and there doesn't seem to be anything [i]glaringly]/i] obvious, they usually end mirroring the same sentiments about Servants I've seen from elsewhere. Is that it? They don't offer any analysis of their own, they just parrot what everyone else is saying?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I went to game press once to check Astolfos skill up materials and they had the wrong materials so gently caress em

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

serefin99 posted:

Can someone explain to me what, exactly, makes Gamepress such a joke? I've looked at them a few times and there doesn't seem to be anything [i]glaringly]/i] obvious, they usually end mirroring the same sentiments about Servants I've seen from elsewhere. Is that it? They don't offer any analysis of their own, they just parrot what everyone else is saying?
Without getting too specific, I'd probably distill my issues with Gamepress down to:
-In their 4* rankings, they way overrated single turn burst AOEs like Santa Alter and Salter. They seem to have recently shuffled that around though.
-A general lack of understanding the impact of star generation and crit teams, exemplified most famously in claiming that Jalter should have her Self-Modification skill leveled up last.
-Despite claiming to take future content/strengthenings into account, a lot of servants seem to be ranked as if they didn't in fact take them into account, with Emiya and formerly Euryale (she's been moved up a bit though) being probably the best examples.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Endorph posted:

you're right, ive correctly assessed my own failings and will hereby modify her score to a 10/10

hail the goddess

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Nate RFB posted:

Without getting too specific, I'd probably distill my issues with Gamepress down to:
-In their 4* rankings, they way overrated single turn burst AOEs like Santa Alter and Salter. They seem to have recently shuffled that around though.
-A general lack of understanding the impact of star generation and crit teams, exemplified most famously in claiming that Jalter should have her Self-Modification skill leveled up last.
-Despite claiming to take future content/strengthenings into account, a lot of servants seem to be ranked as if they didn't in fact take them into account, with Emiya and formerly Euryale (she's been moved up a bit though) being probably the best examples.

Santa IS really good, to be fair. It's just that, y'know, it has more to do with the fact she has an ST NP that hits three targets more than anything else, and she's a rider on top so she's got great starweight as well. The failure to understand crit teams is exactly what drove me to stop looking at their material though, for sure.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I just gotta say Bedivere is cute as hell.

I want him in my team now, his support version suffers immensely.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I just gotta say Bedivere is cute as hell.

I want him in my team now, his support version suffers immensely.

IIRC he is the free servant reward for finishing Camelot, so at least we all get him at NP1.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Transient People posted:

Santa IS really good, to be fair. It's just that, y'know, it has more to do with the fact she has an ST NP that hits three targets more than anything else, and she's a rider on top so she's got great starweight as well. The failure to understand crit teams is exactly what drove me to stop looking at their material though, for sure.

She's good to do a big rear end aoe np but that's it. Her skillset is real bad like all Altrias except for the Lancer ones

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

Plutonis posted:

She's good to do a big rear end aoe np but that's it. Her skillset is real bad like all Altrias except for the Lancer ones

It's not amazing but a heal with stargen up is solid and you can't say no to Manaburst. She kinda does want a high-hitcount friend to really milk the heal with, though.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Someday I'll get tired of Sanzang punching the everloving poo poo out of increasingly large opponents, but that's not today.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
I am so close to being done with Camelot, I just have this last part of the pen-ultimate quest left to do, which'll unlock Mashu's new NP, and then the final boss fights.

Surprisingly, I have yet to use a single Command Spell this entire Singularity. Even when things go hilariously tits up (Like when I lost my entire front line to the Archers in Tristan's first boss fight, yet somehow managed to still win in the end with JUST Mash and Heracles tagteaming that weeping rear end in a top hat), I always manage to eek out a win in the end.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

I just...wish I knew why her NP is Buster.

Because her other sisters have quick and art NPs.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

While you guys are on the topic of good servants and whatnot, I need to ask a bit of a noob question. I started playing when Okeanos was released, and after a bit of a struggle I managed to get a pretty decent stock of servants 3* and up, but thanks to that I think I've been sleeping on a few of the 1 and 2* servants just because I think rarity = better. Might be a bit of a lot to ask, but are there any particularly noteworthy Servants in the 1-2* pools that I should build up? For example, I heard a lot of people using Anderson, but I barely touched him so far, and Arash is apparently pretty good after his rank up quest?

FWIW I've been using Georgios to good effect as a tank and CAH as a crit star generator, but that's about it for the Servants I use at lower rarities. I think it's mostly because I don't know precisely what makes the others good, and I'm skeptical enough to not want to use resources on them only to see that they'd get benched.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Tristan, the first Tristan fight, was the toughest fight for me, honestly. He would not stop critting and focusing down my support Servants, so the damage dealing Servant couldn't get into a good position to just burst him down. I think I finally finished him off with Lancelot, who I kept in the very back to raise his Bond level since I couldn't level him past 60, because of 16 KNIGHT MEDALS ARE YOU SERIOUS GAME, who was also, I think, the last man standing.

Mordred was much easier than I thought she would be, and Jalter just loving laughed at the Lancelot fight. The final fights were appropriately tough though. I was very proud of my final team at the end. The last people standing for the final showdown were Bedivere, OG Artoria, and Lancelot, from a team originally comprised of Waver, Mash, Bedivere, Salter, Artoria, and Lancelot. Lancelot got the final hit in an Arts Brave chain with his NP. I wanted it to be thematic, and boy I got it

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

BlackPersona posted:

While you guys are on the topic of good servants and whatnot, I need to ask a bit of a noob question. I started playing when Okeanos was released, and after a bit of a struggle I managed to get a pretty decent stock of servants 3* and up, but thanks to that I think I've been sleeping on a few of the 1 and 2* servants just because I think rarity = better. Might be a bit of a lot to ask, but are there any particularly noteworthy Servants in the 1-2* pools that I should build up? For example, I heard a lot of people using Anderson, but I barely touched him so far, and Arash is apparently pretty good after his rank up quest?

FWIW I've been using Georgios to good effect as a tank and CAH as a crit star generator, but that's about it for the Servants I use at lower rarities. I think it's mostly because I don't know precisely what makes the others good, and I'm skeptical enough to not want to use resources on them only to see that they'd get benched.

There's a list in the link I posted last page that most people won't object to, but for the most part, the answer is Hans is incredible, Asterios can be really good if you can enable him consistently, Leonidas is a buster team hero, and Shakespeare's an interesting buster enabler. Arash and Mozart are also very good, though you'll probably want to wait until Mozart's been strengthened to really go hard on raising him and his skills up.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

BlackPersona posted:

Give Hans another shot if you have the spare resources. If you have a servant good at critting he can give them even more crit stars and make their crits from those stars hit even harder.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BlackPersona posted:

Hans is one of the best support servants in the game, great heals, makes stars, boosts everyones crit damage and stats

Asterios is the best debuffer in the game, very squishy and has trouble actually getting his np but with an arts team hes very useful

Leonidas is pretty similar to george

Arashs np is one of the strongest in the game, im pretty sure it actually is the strongest aoe np. He dies after but its still a great nuke.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

BlackPersona posted:

Yeah, Hans is really good. I grailed him up to 80 and got all his skills to 10, and he's pretty much a staple of my team, often along side Jalter since his NP goes a long way to keeping her in the fight and constantly buffed up. Plus Jalter loves the gently caress out of Crit Stars, and Hans has both a 3-turn Crit Star generator, a Drop Rate buff on his NP, and a Crit Strength buff. There's a reason why he is often called Budget Waver.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

BlackPersona posted:

There are very few servants that are genuinely totally useless in the game and pretty much everyone can function if you give them some love.

The stars of the 1-2* guys in my opinion:

Asterios: extremely powerful debuff attached to his NP plus he hits decently hard because of his good skillset, especially after his strengthening. He'll die a lot in the wrong comp though so be careful with that.

Spartacus: Cheap farmer with a self-np charge

Arash: He's always been good for what he does which is nuke a wave and then get off the field immediately for someone else. His rank-up lets him do that without any extra help except a kscope. Must-train unit for farming.

Leonidas: Cheap tanky mofo with a buster buff for buster meme teams. You can leave him at level 1 so he taunts and dies, or you can train him so he can use his pretty great NP and buff.

George who you're already using as a tank, though its not a bad idea to keep a l1 copy around for the taunt and die strat.

Mozart: One of the best arts buffs in the game, plus he'll eventually get the ability to casually drop 50 stars on the board. Best used in combination with the plugsuit.

Hans: One of the best supports in the game period, with his attack/def/heal np, and the ability to make his own stars reducing the huge need for a 2030 CE in crit comps.

Shakespeare: Not as good as the other two, but a decent buster support in a pinch with his buff and an NP charge after strengthening.

Kojiro: Legit a good budget assassin, but not that necessary if you have alternatives.

CAH: Stargen as you said

I think that more or less covers some of the better low rarity options but I might have missed out on some guys I've never used because I hate their designs or whatever.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I sat on Arash for a long time and I sort of regret it, because if nothing else he is an extremely useful for farming. And besides his third skill you don't need to level him up all that much so he is very resource-lite.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Oh man, your second round with Mordred-
I was rolling with double Orion+Waver for maximum NP control- along with Orion's class advantage makes it a super-good team. But I didn't check and see that there were two phases to the fight, so I blew one of Waver's NPs before I realized a)she doesn't NP in the first round and b) that there are two rounds. Class advantage chunked it out in the end, but it was a very near thing. I had to sub in Mash to keep my Support Orion alive so she could finish off Mo-san with another Tri-Star.

Plot is great so far, looking forward to seeing where this goes.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

I guess I've been sleeping on a few people that are better than I thought! I managed to clear Camelot without them, but I've been trying to budget my servant costs a bit better recently, and kind of surprised how much acclaim they can get. Thanks for all the help, guys! :tipshat:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Servant costs are really only a factor in events where you're rocking 5 star Event CE's on everyone. If you beat Camelot, there isn't much to focus on over saving EXP for future servant you're looking forward to.

It takes like close to 300 EXP cards to level one servant from 1 to 80.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Can also confirm Hans and Asterios own. Hans is my boy and was a big part of the reason I was able to do Onigashima at all despite being under-leveled and my partner uses Asterios in almost all of their teams to great effect.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

So I just got around to starting Camelot and did the first few battles.

Man, they're not fooling around anymore, are they? Starting with Lv. 62 battles and I'm sure going up from there. This will be interesting, to say the least.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Wait, did they just imply that Cursed-Arm Hassan is actually adult Rushd?

Fate always manages to surprise me. I was certain that plotline would have zero payoff.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Servant Arsene Lupin when? We need more characters from french literature.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Jesus gently caress, I sent Saber Alter for the Tristan fight in the city and I swear she critted every single card on 10-20% odds. The fight was done in three turns. Do not gently caress with the Burger King.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm still waiting for Berserker Valjean and Ruler Javert

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm still waiting for Berserker Valjean and Ruler Javert

Caster Victor Hugo.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MonsieurChoc posted:

For real. Wearing a red or green coat, preferably.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i just want saber george

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

Vengarr posted:

Wait, did they just imply that Cursed-Arm Hassan is actually adult Rushd?

Fate always manages to surprise me. I was certain that plotline would have zero payoff.

I think he's supposed to be Rushd's father.