Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
dae hate children

https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/8v2xu7/can_we_stop_guilt_tripping_fans_into_giving_foul/?st=jj1vxm3u&sh=1d035aec

Can we stop guilt tripping fans into giving foul balls to kids? (self.baseball)

I’m 39, I have been to over 1000 games, I have never naturally caught a ball, but my friend next to me did and I told him to keep it, not give it to the kid next to us, because it’s a rare thing and the kid will have more opportunities later in life. The fans near us were guilt tripping my friend and he finally gave in. I understand you want the kid to have a good time, and get energized for the game of baseball... but can we please leave it up to the person who catches the ball? It’s not the kids ball, it’s the fan who caught it... he might have been waiting 39 years... or more... for that opportunity. </rant>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Ein cooler Typ posted:

dae hate children

https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/8v2xu7/can_we_stop_guilt_tripping_fans_into_giving_foul/?st=jj1vxm3u&sh=1d035aec

Can we stop guilt tripping fans into giving foul balls to kids? (self.baseball)

I’m 39, I have been to over 1000 games, I have never naturally caught a ball, but my friend next to me did and I told him to keep it, not give it to the kid next to us, because it’s a rare thing and the kid will have more opportunities later in life. The fans near us were guilt tripping my friend and he finally gave in. I understand you want the kid to have a good time, and get energized for the game of baseball... but can we please leave it up to the person who catches the ball? It’s not the kids ball, it’s the fan who caught it... he might have been waiting 39 years... or more... for that opportunity. </rant>

christ.

Whenever I go to a game and someone catches a foul my favorite thing to do is just start yelling "Give it to a kid!" at them until they relent

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Wulfolme posted:

imgur exists because of reddit and is an excellent source for pictures of rabbits

you should search for 'bunny' instead of 'rabbit' though because rabbit gets you a lot of weird poo poo that is not pictures of rabbits at all

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I would think it would be the other way around

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Heath posted:

I would think it would be the other way around

rabbit is the name of a vibrator iirc

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Sid Vicious posted:

punkins actually

Puckins

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Haha so it was thanks

RosemaryCuba
Jun 30, 2018

President, Sewer-Mutant Republic

Rad-daddio posted:

Reddit seems like a place where people like to jerk off their own over inflated egos.

Oldie.
But still ironic.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

heckin

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

this would be really pathetic if it was a pistol or something, but this way it fuckin owns

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nah

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

i keep laughing at posts on /r/okbuddyretard. i think i have brain damage

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I hope he keeps a grenade launcher in the toilet tank

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I hope he keeps a grenade launcher in the toilet tank

Mines in the bathroom floor.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Wouldn't mines be more effective outside your house

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Away all Goats posted:

Wouldn't mines be more effective outside your house

You never leave your shower in case your are two far from your AR.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
No, you're all misunderstanding. The shower stall serves as a free gun safe since nobody ever goes in there

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

goethe.cx posted:

i keep laughing at posts on /r/okbuddyretard. i think i have brain damage

Never heard of this subreddit

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

gbs but from 2004 posted:

Never heard of this subreddit

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

not gonna lie I liked it

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

gbs but from 2004 posted:

not gonna lie I liked it

:yossame:

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
[quote="china bot" post="485711450"]

Lol, credit where credit is due, the general reddit population is such bullshit that the satirical backlash tends to be on point.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

semper

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

very good

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

Heath posted:

I was getting lunch the other day and saw a dude who was easily 300 lbs open carrying a pistol in a very low crime city.

Uh... you're welcome?

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

CHARIZARD used SMOKESCREEN
It doesn't affect GEORDI THE BLASTOISE!
From what I can tell, Reddit's advertising department is incompetent.

https://www.reddit.com/r/redditads/comments/8oev8r/i_just_got_hit_with_900_of_ads_which_drained_by/

quote:

I just got hit with $900 of ads which drained by debit account dry
I've emailed support, but ultimately I'm extremely worried about where my money has gone. I have spend limits on all 3 of my campaigns that are tiny compared to what I was just charged.

In the past 2 days I got got hit with a bunch of standard $26.51 daily payments (about 12 of them), and as of this morning I was hit with 11 x $53.02 debits consecutively with no valid reason.

There's no increase in traffic through my advertising panel, so its not like I received any extra traffic for the ads

It's locked out all my debit funds in my bank account and I'm not sure how to proceed. Is there an emergency contact for support I can deal with?

Anyone else have issues like this in the past and know how to proceed?

[EDIT] I've spoken to my bank and their only advice is that I should cancel the card. They've told me the transactions are being approved as well by the Ads platform, and there's no way to remove the card from my account page.

Not only that but I'm continuing to get billed every hour or so another $53.02 which when I hit $0 will start hitting me overdraw fees

[EDIT][EDIT] Your teams desperately need Live chat / after hours phone numbers for these kind of incidents.

[EDIT][EDIT][EDIT] The transactions are still hitting me, I'm cancelling my card (only card I have also), hope that doesn't effect the process of having the money refunded... I've checked all my site analytics and there's clearly no way the advertising is being served up accidentally

[EDITx4] support contacted me just saying they are investigating but I'm getting pretty worried now, I'm not super well off and do not have the finances right now to take this kind of blow, especially if it's going to take days or god forbid weeks to resolve.

[EDITx5] Email acknowledging the issue and outlining a resolution deep sigh of relief thanks to support for following through, feel a lot better now

quote:

Hello,

We are also facing this issue.

Got charges with $720 of ads for a $100 campaign. On dashboard it only shows 80.30 was spent.

I stopped the ads, hopefully it will work.

quote:

We got hit with **$8000** in ad charges. Nutso.

quote:

I have been affected and was overcharged $260 when I was suppose to be charged only $20. I lost total trust and am extremely disappointed.

Really makes me want to hand them my card info.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Julius CSAR posted:

christ.

Whenever I go to a game and someone catches a foul my favorite thing to do is just start yelling "Give it to a kid!" at them until they relent

Keep a spare ball in your pocket and give 'em the ol' switcheroo. Little poo poo won't know the difference anyway :smug:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Why in the gently caress do I need to be 18 to view this poo poo sub?

Shroud
May 11, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

Some of those GPUs are pretty hot, I guess.

I'll see my way out, thanks.

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

every single poster in r/Parenting has a kid on the spectrum or has a broken home or are so god awful at parenting that they got their 5 year old an ADHD diagnosis in order to control them. it's awful and super depressing.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

imagine how lost you'd have to be to turn to reddit for any kind of advice, on any topic, and then imagine turning to reddit for parenting advice

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

imagine how lost you'd have to be to turn to reddit for any kind of advice, on any topic, and then imagine turning to reddit for parenting advice

I'd probably let them fix my computer

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

veni veni veni posted:

I'd probably let them fix my computer

I wouldn’t. Last time I went on reddit there were a lot of subs which had been going for so long that all the decent posters had said all they have to say and answered so many newbie questions that they had wandered off, leaving a sub full of newbies and fanboys all circlejerking the gear they themselves use because: “I am right, everyone else is wrong and I can’t entertain the idea that someone else can have something newer or better than I do, and if you are a newbie you have to start at rock bottom because I had to suffer so you do too”

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

learnincurve posted:

I wouldn’t. Last time I went on reddit there were a lot of subs which had been going for so long that all the decent posters had said all they have to say and answered so many newbie questions that they had wandered off, leaving a sub full of newbies and fanboys all circlejerking the gear they themselves use because: “I am right, everyone else is wrong and I can’t entertain the idea that someone else can have something newer or better than I do, and if you are a newbie you have to start at rock bottom because I had to suffer so you do too”

It's an issue outside the computer subreddits. Most of the relationship / dating subreddits seem to be questions and answers posed by 18 year olds (even if they're 26, have a look at the SA r/relationships thread). I sometimes read the true crime and mystery subreddits and sensible discussion is being slowly driven out to be replaced by weirdos barking about conspiracy, white slavery and absurdly complex plots.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nonathlon posted:

It's an issue outside the computer subreddits. Most of the relationship / dating subreddits seem to be questions and answers posed by 18 year olds (even if they're 26, have a look at the SA r/relationships thread). I sometimes read the true crime and mystery subreddits and sensible discussion is being slowly driven out to be replaced by weirdos barking about conspiracy, white slavery and absurdly complex plots.

its almost like.... the internet makes you stupid

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

MarcusSA posted:

Probably because it's a market subreddit, so no one should be dealing with any minors. Making the sub NSFW makes the 18+ consent prompt appear and waives liability (in theory).

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SpazmasterX posted:

Probably because it's a market subreddit, so no one should be dealing with any minors. Making the sub NSFW makes the 18+ consent prompt appear and waives liability (in theory).

Oh uh I guess that makes sense? :shrug:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Fiddler on the Reef posted:

every single poster in r/Parenting has a kid on the spectrum or has a broken home or are so god awful at parenting that they got their 5 year old an ADHD diagnosis in order to control them. it's awful and super depressing.

I think the thing I hate more than anything is all the idiotic acronyms those kinds of threads use

DD, DH, it's such a lovely, lazy style of writing

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It comes from mumsnet where people bitch about their husbands and children A Lot and everyone knows what “Ugh DH let DD eat mud again” means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosemaryCuba
Jun 30, 2018

President, Sewer-Mutant Republic

Fiddler on the Reef posted:

I feel like most ADHD diagnoses are just acquired almost as a rite of passage by tired parents who can’t keep up with their own children, usually young boys.