Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

8-bit scholar posted:

an abattoir of the most vile, unrepentent hatred and vitriol. 

Poor dude, ridiculed for his wraparound issues as the rest of the world moved on to 16, 32 and even 64-bit scholarship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Somebody read too much Watchmen

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Ariong posted:

an abattoir of the most vile, unrepentent hatred and vitriol.

Once again, inspired.
https://soundcloud.com/stanley-swanson-150846885/mgs-8-bit-abattoir-of-vitriol

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Over in PYF SA Sagas, someone brought up the Naked King of Shoreditch. I'd forgotten how much I love this quote until re-reading that thread:

quote:

I'm not going anywhere. My grandfather didn't die in World War Two just so that his kin would flee from danger at the first hint of a siren and the first glimpse of one of our fruity policemen's hats. My grandfather died of cancer in 1955.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Calaveron posted:

Somebody read too much Watchmen

I didn't know watchmen was about how transgender surgeries were a gross bodily mutilation.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

jit bull transpile posted:

I didn't know watchmen was about how transgender surgeries were a gross bodily mutilation.

Everything is about that, sister.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

jit bull transpile posted:

Well I guess you learned something today!

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Don't doxx me

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Over in PYF SA Sagas, someone brought up the Naked King of Shoreditch. I'd forgotten how much I love this quote until re-reading that thread:

Lol that’s a really good one

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

:toot:

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

was going to post in the bathroom spider thread to make it better but this is a better fit as a palate cleanser if nothing else

Big Centipede posted:

That guy is in a forum I post in. He's replicating a cave environment for amblypygids. They're harmless and I love them.

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Many harmless things have no business being near a making GBS threads human. If my buddy kept bread by the toilet, or if there was a termite mound in the sink, or if Gordon from Sesame Street was taking a nap in there, it would still be weird as hell despite a low chance of mortal danger

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
People in Yospos were talking about the new Ken Burns documentary on Vietnam, and

Uptime Sinclair posted:

in the end, maybe the real victims of Vietnam were the ones we made along the way

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

re Elon Musk:

Sagebrush posted:

it's completely the fault of his stupid loving childish corporate ADD (sorry, i don't know if a better way to describe it) too

he could absolutely have done just fine making teslas models s and x in the sort of quantities that BMW makes 7 serieses (about 10,000 per year) or porsche makes cayennes (about 18,000) and have had no problems being a small luxury car marque for the indefinite future.

well "luxury" and all that but you know what i mean.

but instead he has to decide that he's going to make the toyota corolla of EVs when he is woefully underequipped, dividing his effort to the point of incompetence. maybe if he stopped production of all other models? maybe?

but instead he doubles down and starts making an electric semi truck, something completely outside his company's spectrum.

and announces a new roadster and hints at a compact SUV.

and the solar roof tiles.

and the in-home battery pod.

and he's making the giant battery plant.

and there's the whole rocket company.

and there's the hyperloop poo poo.

and the tunnel boring organization.

and the flamethrowers.

and his website to rate truthiness.

he's a ten year old child hyperventilating about all the cool toys he wants and throwing tantrums whenever someone tries to cool him down.

muckswirler posted:

feature creep as a business model

& the coup de grâce:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Reality Loser posted:

Sleeping pills are just irl sixers

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

hahaha

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I envy Homer Simpson in the ep where he learns the knockout pinch and uses it on himself to nap

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Krankenstyle posted:

& the coup de grâce:
lol

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Star Man posted:

If you want to watch people snap over a video game, go to a Diablo II community like the Amazon Basin and mention Enigma.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Or better yet, ask THIS thread about Ligma

Rinkles posted:

Okay. I'm asking this thread about ligma.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

ligma BALLS bitch, lmao

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

This is the highbrow entertainment I come to this website for.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Hang this in the fuckin moma

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
RE: George R.R. Martin showing no signs of finishing the ASoIaF books

nine-gear crow posted:

The fat man has no pages.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Much like in the republican congress, there are lots of pages and they're all white and have nothing on them but the sweat and shame of a fat rich creep.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Does anybody have the movie pitch idea about the stoners in the Vatican?

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational

Breetai posted:

Eurotrip?

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Breetai posted:

The Book of Leviticus?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Breetai posted:

I've been watching The Young Pope recently (which absolutely owns btw) and I thought about that pitch once in a while too

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Marta Velasquez posted:

The Book of Leviticus?

I only said 'that halibut was good enough for jehova'

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Marta Velasquez posted:

The Book of Leviticus?

Ah gently caress. That was pretty good.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Breetai posted:

gently caress it was good. Called ‘The Most High’ I think.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Breetai posted:

Let he who is without sin hit the first bong.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Breetai posted:

Fecha posted:

Does anyone have the genius post about how easy it is to make a weed movie, detailing a makeshift plot about the pope's secret dank joint?
E: nevermind I found some redditor who stole it
"
Alright, jerkfaces, time for a real man to enter this movie pitching game.

The film starts by establishing that the Pope is dying and it's only a matter of time before he passes on to the great pulpit in the sky. So our two heroes, who have heard of the fabled Stash of Saladin in the Vatican archives, trek to the Vatican knowing that everyone will be distracted preparing for the upcoming papal selection, and they plan to try to steal the weed. Hilarity ensues as they stumble through set piece after set piece, including the aforementioned communion-wafer munchies, a scene in which they hide a joint in what turns out to be a ceremonial censer and get an entire congregation a contact high, and I dunno, a scene where they need to fill a bong with holy water or something.

The climax comes when they're caught and pursued through the city by the Swiss Guard, and through a series of mishaps end up in the Room of Tears and disguise themselves in robes that they find there. They finally end up smoking their stash but get caught halfway through and run away, but since it's very special ancient weed the smoke ends up billowing white, so the group assembled in St. Peter's Square think a new Pope has been elected, and somehow the two end up on the balcony and everyone mistakes them for the Cardinal Protodeacon and the new Pope, so one of them has to give a speech (in a nod to The Great Dictator) and he ends up making a plea that everyone chill and be more real to each other and stuff. And the speech goes over really well and everyone cheers and then we do a voice over by one of the guys saying that while he didn't actually become Pope everyone loved his speech so much that they were both given pardons by the real new Pope and they got the girls (earlier we will have established that they stirred some decidedly unchaste feelings in two young ladies who hadn't yet taken their final vows). Then after the credits we have a scene in which the new Pope goes down into the archive himself, locks the door behind him and takes a big hit off of Saladin's Stash and says "Ahhh...stercus bonus!" THE END

We call the film "The Most High," give it a tagline like "The dope is infallible" and release at Easter 2014. 4/20/14.

You're all welcome."
I'd credit the poster if I could.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

shame its a reddit steal, iirc the original was the work of multiple posters in the "who greenlighted" thread and works way better as a collaborative work than some text dump

e: main poster was PateraOctopus but it was the culmination of some goonery im fairly sure

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 00:43 on Jun 30, 2018

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

frankenfreak posted:

RE: George R.R. Martin showing no signs of finishing the ASoIaF books

Wow.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

[whispering to date while watching SM64 when Bowser first appears on the screen] That's Gay Bowser

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

ALFbrot posted:

"One thing's for certain: dads are in for a wild ride of breathing heavily and trying not to let the children smell their glistening members when they spy Sonic's tight-bodied, sultry friend Amy fluttering her come-hither lashes at the camera, as if saying to your humble reviewer that total carnal satisfaction is but a hedgehog's kiss away." - The New Yorker

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

*exact conan o'brien voice* wow i gotta check out that movie

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's a parody of a New Yorker reviewer getting a massive boner over Elastigirl only a few posts up, which was barely any less of a... thing.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's a parody of a New Yorker reviewer getting a massive boner over Elastigirl only a few posts up, which was barely any less of a... thing.

fine but i still get obriens voice saying that in my head when i hear a weird "erotic" movie described

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Thanks, toxicfrog!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

dudeness posted:

Dicktales? Awoo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
context: Overwatch just revealed a new character, a hamster who pilots a mech

:kimchi:

Yestermoment posted:

I'm just glad that Hammond is a character that can not be tumblr'd into wanting to gently caress any of of the other heros.