Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own
This poll is closed.
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 47 24.48%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 27 14.06%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 70 36.46%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 48 25.00%
Total: 192 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I actually didn't mind the ending to season 1 of Yuuki Yuuna. It was season 2 that went downhill for me way earlier for many many reasons (nationalism, suffering, dumb character choices yay)

I was like 'haha tougou is such a wacky nationalist' and washio sumi had a few funny gags on it too and then...
and then they did the cgi propaganda dance number........ why..............

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Space Flower posted:

I was like 'haha tougou is such a wacky nationalist' and washio sumi had a few funny gags on it too and then...
and then they did the cgi propaganda dance number........ why..............

this sounds wild

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/JimLee/status/1013216187084255233

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Jim lee lips, can't draw a woman without them despite Asuka being what, 14?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Wark Say posted:

Almost everything Ichiro Sakaki has written that's been adapted with a "proper" ending that, while more or less loyal to how the novel/manga ends, it feels hella rushed: Scrapped Princess, Chaika and Code E. It's almost always the same.

Chaika felt fine, though? They solve the big conspiracy that's been going on since season 1, all the characters get to the end of their character arcs (small though those arcs may be) and the show ends with everyone getting a more or less happy ending after saving the world.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Lemon-Lime posted:

Chaika felt fine, though? They solve the big conspiracy that's been going on since season 1, all the characters get to the end of their character arcs (small though those arcs may be) and the show ends with everyone getting a more or less happy ending after saving the world.
Didn't season 2 felt a little too rushed? Like they coulda used those 2-3 additional episodes so that the last battle wouldn't feel so... shall we say "poof"?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It didn't feel rushed to me and I watched it earlier this year. :shrug:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

All these years and this song still owns.

... i really need to get around to watching the other precures, i've still only seen the first

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Lemon-Lime posted:

It didn't feel rushed to me and I watched it earlier this year. :shrug:
Fair enough.

Nisekoi was still poo poo, though.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Lemon-Lime posted:

the anime heavily truncates whats going on in the last battle, which was originally an entire LN volume; a lot of the enemy chars at the end dont resolve in any meaningful way after a lot of build-up over the series. presumably this could've been avoided if kadokawa wasn't stuck on their '10 episodes per cour' BS.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
https://files.catbox.moe/ds1e90.webm

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Last night I had a dream where I got in a fist fight with Charlie Day, but then we started pissing together to wake up some rear end in a top hat and I feel like maybe I should stop rewatching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia for a while.

Then I decided that's dumb so that's all I'm gonna see today: The whole 4th season of IASIP until I get tired or hungry. Also, I gotta go vote right after my shift ends. I really hope the Trump-like candidate doesn't win. :ohdear:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
https://twitter.com/i/status/1012996689395761152

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

gmq posted:

What anime has an ending so bad that it retroactively ruins the entire show?

Rage of Bahamut - Virgin Soul. Easy.

She marries Hitler but to make it more sad and dramatic they turn it into this hole Ladyhawke thing where one of them is blind and one of them's mute so this tragic romantic couple except for, remember, the guy is a genocidal maniac.

In the story wants you to empathize with them because hey maybe he wasn't so bad he made the "tough decisions". Maybe he had to kill and enslave all those cute demon kids, am I right?

And they kill off Kaiser, which is a terrible decision because is friendship/rivalry with Favaro is the best part of Rage of Bahamut, but then immediately bring him back as a zombie, robbing even that decision of it's narrative weight.

They spend such a huge part of the finale focusing on this weird rear end hole who nobody cares about, Alexander....

It's just such a mess on nearly every level.

Eela6 fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jul 1, 2018

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, what the gently caress happened to Rage of Bahamut? What happened to Awesome Zombie Loli Miyuki Sawashiro? :negative:

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
You mean zombie Mary Poppins? She's around, she's decent.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
drat it I'm still mad. How the hell do you ruin such a gorgeous looking, gorgeous sounding show. How do you ruin the most amazing premise of all time, super-powerel genki girl who turns into a Dragon Of Mass Destruction when she runs into a cute boy.

How the hell do you ruin FAVAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Eela6 posted:

And they kill off Kaiser, which is a terrible decision because is friendship/rivalry with Favaro is the best part of Rage of Bahamut, but then immediately bring him back as a zombie, robbing even that decision of it's narrative weight.

i mean, what did you expect with him dying in the arms of a zombie necromancer who is in love with him. really, this was the natural outcome for his character

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

WTF, in the first 3 or so eps I watched they had him setup as the generic villain ruler guy. Welp one less on my backlog :\

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Space Flower posted:

i mean, what did you expect with him dying in the arms of a zombie necromancer who is in love with him. really, this was the natural outcome for his character

y - you know - one thing I should - excuse me for a moment.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
t-sensei is so good :kimchi:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

oh lol I just got to this page, I didn't realize it was the thing I just picked up

I was hopeful this was going to be cute and funny but holy poo poo his hostility toward that girl in ch2 was extremely off-putting. I'm disappointed and this one isn't going on my read list b/c that was just not funny or ok.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Everything Burrito posted:

oh lol I just got to this page, I didn't realize it was the thing I just picked up

I was hopeful this was going to be cute and funny but holy poo poo his hostility toward that girl in ch2 was extremely off-putting. I'm disappointed and this one isn't going on my read list b/c that was just not funny or ok.
i will continue to tentatively read this as long as the joke is on his dumb rear end

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I guess I was just expecting him to be dense but earnest or something, not literally an incel.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
finally a manga for us incels

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Everything Burrito posted:

I guess I was just expecting him to be dense but earnest or something, not literally an incel.

Hes not an incel, he clearly has opportunities to meet women and is knowingly throwing them away because they dont conform to the stupid life plan hes laid out for himself

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

that's what an incel is

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

homeless snail posted:

that's what an incel is

Incels have convinced themselves that all women look at them as subhuman monsters and consciously avoid any sort of contact with women.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
he's an incel who convinces himself he's a volcel

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
In conclusion, Incels are a group of contrasts.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Besides, as long as they're incels and not into incest, I think we'll be ok.

This is all Zepia's fault! :negative:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
:thunk:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Incels have killed people over their backasswards, misogynistic beliefs.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/04/25/us/incel-rebellion-alek-minassian-toronto-attack-trnd/index.html

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Of course. Jesus poo poo. :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
To talk about less idiot-fueled tragedies, has anyone gone to a live show recently?

• Locked thread