Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Jesus gently caress when a Griller wave hits in the current Salmon Run I recommend just jumping in the water to get it over with quicker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

You should be able to shoot Autobombs and let them prematurely explode.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That would be a cool mechanic if you could cook autobombs like you can curlers and let them pop quickly

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Oh I like your octoling, what are those boots and coat?

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

theyre both toni kensa brand clothes, kung-fu zip-up (ninja squid) and toni kensa black hi-tops (sub power up, though i got mine from annie's shop so its swim speed up instead). i love the monochrome aesthetic.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Those are very cool also :same: about monochrome

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I bought way too many pieces of clothes I will never, ever wear. Am I correct in thinking there's no way to junk stuff?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Sub power up makes autobombs last longer too, iirc. The trick I've seen people use against mine is to quickly go into their detection range then bug out before they explode in response.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Edit: Trying to look fresh and be functional can be hard.

jetpackhewy fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jul 2, 2018

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

ive got one with ink saver (main) if you want it

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

oh this weapon set for SR looks heavy....yummy. I gotta try that.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

The set for SR rules. My only weapon complaint is the Tenta Brella, but that is because of the slow swim speed.

Smiles posted:

ive got one with ink saver (main) if you want it

No thank you. Just checked and realized I want a particular ability so forget about.

Actually, I never gave my friend code to this site, where was the place to put that? The Switch thread?

Edit: Found it and added myself.

jetpackhewy fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jul 2, 2018

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i constantly use weapons that have autobomb but

Takoluka posted:

You should be able to shoot Autobombs and let them prematurely explode.

:hmmyes:

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I've been having a great time using the Explosher, especially since I can use that jacket straight out of a 90s music video because it synergizes well with thermal ink. You're pretty much doomed if an enemy squid gets close to you, but it's very fun supporting your teammates from afar.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Kaubocks posted:

i constantly use weapons that have autobomb but

:hmmyes:

I want that shifty station with the grapple-links again.

https://mm.bonzoesc.net/media_attachments/files/000/040/339/original/09f34c8c9b37f54b.mp4

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
oh my god at the new salmon run gear being the tower records uniform

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

X rank is loads of fun...

providing you play during prime time for your region.

Yeesh, there's nothing like exploding when someone with a long range weapon even looks at you. I'm getting Splatoon 1 S+ rank flashbacks.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

So does this game just lie during the X rank results? It showed me having a S+9 ranking in Clam Blitz which I assumed meant I'd be boosted there for the new month. But I played today and I was still S+0, so I figured I'd rank up and it would jump me to 9. But I went to 1. ???

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress you for tricking me into not only playing the mode that's worse than turf war, but making me play it on Moray Towers. gently caress you!

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!

Expect My Mom posted:

oh my god at the new salmon run gear being the tower records uniform
I drat near fell over.
https://twitter.com/lazlo_nibble/status/1013550775153225729

By the way I finally managed to shove an attacking baller off a ledge into the water tonight and if there’s a more satisfying move you can make in this game I haven’t found it yet.

Lazlo Nibble fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jul 2, 2018

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

jetpackhewy posted:

The set for SR rules. My only weapon complaint is the Tenta Brella, but that is because of the slow swim speed.

No thank you. Just checked and realized I want a particular ability so forget about.

Actually, I never gave my friend code to this site, where was the place to put that? The Switch thread?

Edit: Found it and added myself.

The Tenta Brella is a Chum Plow. Don't just use the shield :ssh:.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I was feeling pretty down on myself in ranked mode over the weekend until I decided to switch up my weapons. I'm not quite confident enough to play as aggressively as dualies want me to. So I went back to my old buddy the N-ZAP and had a good time, then tried out the Rapid Blaster, and I ranked up a couple times in Splat Zones and Tower Control thanks to that :unsmith:

I'm even getting the hang of Clam Blitz, which took me a while to understand. It seems like a mode that's probably more fun if you're on a constructed team with voice chat but it's still really satisfying to dunk a clam-football into the opponents' barrier.

Out of curiosity: what happens in Clam Blitz if the time limit runs out and neither team has scored at all? Does it just go into overtime until someone scores or is it just a draw?

Harrow fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jul 2, 2018

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Harrow posted:

I was feeling pretty down on myself in ranked mode over the weekend until I decided to switch up my weapons. I'm not quite confident enough to play as aggressively as dualies want me to. So I went back to my old buddy the N-ZAP and had a good time, then tried out the Rapid Blaster, and I ranked up a couple times in Splat Zones and Tower Control thanks to that :unsmith:

I'm even getting the hang of Clam Blitz, which took me a while to understand. It seems like a mode that's probably more fun if you're on a constructed team with voice chat but it's still really satisfying to dunk a clam-football into the opponents' barrier.

Out of curiosity: what happens in Clam Blitz if the time limit runs out and neither team has scored at all? Does it just go into overtime until someone scores or is it just a draw?

I was wondering about this a while back too! From what I've seen in clam blitz so far, if there are active super clams on the map it will go into overtime, otherwise, the game will end.

If nobody scores/it's a draw, the game will pick the winner from a coinflip. Here's Dr. Fetus's explanation when I asked:

Dr. Fetus posted:

The coin is flipped at the start of the match. Basically each team is assigned Alpha or Bravo, and in the case of a tie, Alpha team wins. But there's not really a way to tell which team has which designation. Unless you're playing on Walleye Warehouse, in which case, Alpha team has access to a sniping sight-line the Bravo team doesn't have access to. (Because on Bravo team's side, there's a stack of boxes in the background scenery blocking it.)

https://twitter.com/Sendouc/status/941506987228938241

Apparently in Clam Blitz, overtime ends after 3 minutes if the conditions for it are still in play. Though I'm not sure if the recent patch fixed that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have had an 8:30 minute clam blitz game so either it doesn't do coin flips anymore or the overtime length has changed. It's hellish

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Solo queue Salmon Run is painful. A single disconnect means you're probably gonna lose points, people are terrible at most weapons including the ones that are great in this mode (like Charger), and if by the end of the day you're 10 points below what you had at the start, you're gonna lose an entire rank :negative:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Maybe that's why I haven't really had a good time with Salmon Run once I hit Go-Getter. I should find some people to play with instead of just freelancing.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Harrow posted:

it's still really satisfying to dunk a clam-football into the opponents' barrier.

I believe you mean to say Clam Dunk

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Harrow posted:

Maybe that's why I haven't really had a good time with Salmon Run once I hit Go-Getter. I should find some people to play with instead of just freelancing.

Yeah, you probably want to be here: https://discordapp.com/invite/nnH4wXF

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kaethela posted:

I believe you mean to say Clam Dunk

You're right, I misspoke

Oh hell yeah, okay. I probably should've assumed there was a Discord :v:

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I've been exclusively solo queuing Salmon Run and I hover around 40 points into Profreshional. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Yeah, for all my complaining I've been on 400 or so since I started playing again, always Freelancing. It feels very weird to be complaining about teammates at this point but I have no idea how the game matchmakes beyond Profreshional.

Jiang Shi
Oct 9, 2012

You’re not a true profreshional if you’re not dragging three pubbies kicking and screaming past wave 3

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Oddly enough, I'm usually the guy with the most deaths and least eggs collected.

EDIT: Guess that just confirms I ain't no true Profreshional.

Orb Crabmelt fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jul 2, 2018

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Lazlo Nibble posted:

I drat near fell over.
https://twitter.com/lazlo_nibble/status/1013550775153225729

By the way I finally managed to shove an attacking baller off a ledge into the water tonight and if there’s a more satisfying move you can make in this game I haven’t found it yet.
it Owns

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!
Ffffffff...now I wish I was getting along better with the work teammate who’s visiting Japan this week. (Not like Japan would have t-shirts in American Behemoth size, I guess.)

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Lazlo Nibble posted:

Ffffffff...now I wish I was getting along better with the work teammate who’s visiting Japan this week. (Not like Japan would have t-shirts in American Behemoth size, I guess.)

Yeah no, they don’t even sell socks or shoes in my size.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I beat the campaign, time to get Octo Expansion! :woomy:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Elman posted:

Solo queue Salmon Run is painful. A single disconnect means you're probably gonna lose points, people are terrible at most weapons including the ones that are great in this mode (like Charger), and if by the end of the day you're 10 points below what you had at the start, you're gonna lose an entire rank :negative:

Huh I thought if somebody DCs then you dont lose points?

Jiang Shi
Oct 9, 2012

Nope, it just lowers the quota slightly, and maybe reduces the boss spawn rate?

The Deleter posted:

I beat the campaign, time to get Octo Expansion! :woomy:

Good luck, have fun, and remember to :orb:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Fedule posted:

Yeah, for all my complaining I've been on 400 or so since I started playing again, always Freelancing. It feels very weird to be complaining about teammates at this point but I have no idea how the game matchmakes beyond Profreshional.

There's absolutely none. Your ranking does not matter in the slightest. Any Profreshional can be matched up with any other Profreshional. Meaning that people who just entered Profreshional for the first time could possibly end up with a 3 stack that got to 999, and gets to experience the horrors of HAZARD LEVEL MAX right off the bat.

Oh yes, if anyone lower than Profreshional is paired up with a friend, they can end up in your Profreshional lobby, leading to a similar problem. You can tell if this happens if the quota is far lower than what you normally see, and if Mr. Grizz says "nice job" instead of "true Profreshional" at the end of a successful shift.

Dr Pepper posted:

Huh I thought if somebody DCs then you dont lose points?

Unfortunately, no. You get fully penalized, even with a disconnect. It's the only game mode to do so. Even Turf Wars stopped penalizing your Freshness rating if there's a disconnect early on.

All the game does is reduce the quota. You still have to deal with the same spawning density with 3 people. Which doesn't do enough to compensate for the fact that you are permanently a teammate down.