Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I mean he looks like a young version of Mitsuki to begin with, so a gender swapped Bakugo would just be a very aggressive young lady

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Carlosologist posted:

I mean he looks like a young version of Mitsuki to begin with, so a gender swapped Bakugo would just be a very aggressive young lady

Edit: Never mind.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/BBBBOOMBOOOM/status/1013064823607779328
Hm...grumpy old man out of touch with society and a new upcoming bigshot hero who's not really into the whole thing

I can see why they make a good pair of misfits

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
What's all this about Endeavor and Hawks being bara as all hell?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

God loving drat this is amazing.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOC0ig2Rk1g

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

helped Lowtax's dead back and got this beauty, shout out to you for making it a gif

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

NOT COOL, NOT COOL

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

WHO THE gently caress IS THAT rear end in a top hat CALLING A SASUKE?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Ever since I saw the gif of Leg I've been a huge fan

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Almost as good as the Komi-cat-ears gif.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Eej posted:

Ever since I saw the gif of Leg I've been a huge fan

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/kizuyakioyori/status/1013764370034094081

Well, he's got the makings of a springboard there, so all he really needs is for others to stand on it to keep it in place and help launch him closer to All Might

'Course, even when he did that, All Might literally ducked out of the way and retired and Endeavor went splat on the ground

https://twitter.com/singto_u/status/1013771788914864129

Vinylshadow fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jul 2, 2018

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i do kinda like that hawks is inspired by his relentless pursuit of that spot, even if it doesn't mesh w/ how he personally is as a hero

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Abuse has two faces: a public face and a private one. I kinda like how this is being approached, for now.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?

Bakugou moon land now canon.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Hopeford posted:

So that's why Deku is going to be Earth's greatest hero. Bakugo will be busy ruling the Moon.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

chiasaur11 posted:

So that's why Deku is going to be Earth's greatest hero. Bakugo will be busy ruling the Moon.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
e:f;b

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I have to stop thinking about uraraka's quirk too much because it's just like Momo's in that she could make unlimited money with it.

Forget construction, basically put 3-ton or smaller payloads into orbit effortlessly for corporations or governments.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
"Effortlessly," ignoring the constant stream of vomit during the launch process.

Also, dunno if anyone else here frequents the space thread, but I'll pre-empt them if they're here: the key to orbit isn't altitude, but speed. You gotta go reaaaaaaal fast to stop from falling back down.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Space shuttles pretty much literally throw themselves into space with explosions, and that's what Bakugo is doing.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Fabricated posted:

I have to stop thinking about uraraka's quirk too much because it's just like Momo's in that she could make unlimited money with it.

Forget construction, basically put 3-ton or smaller payloads into orbit effortlessly for corporations or governments.

Soon you will discover communism and you will be very angry with the bourgeois.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

"Effortlessly," ignoring the constant stream of vomit during the launch process.

Also, dunno if anyone else here frequents the space thread, but I'll pre-empt them if they're here: the key to orbit isn't altitude, but speed. You gotta go reaaaaaaal fast to stop from falling back down.

Yes, but it would vastly reduce the fuel cost (and all related staging eqipment), since aside from an initial kick (which could be done via via an external driver rather than fuel) you'd only need to burn once you reach your orbital altitude. It would be like having a space elevator without the infrastructure.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Zomborgon posted:

Yes, but it would vastly reduce the fuel cost (and all related staging eqipment), since aside from an initial kick (which could be done via via an external driver rather than fuel) you'd only need to burn once you reach your orbital altitude. It would be like having a space elevator without the infrastructure.

This is surprisingly not true. Height isn't the problem, it's orbital speed that eats up all the fuel.

A space elevator in theory works but not because it puts you at the right height. Rather it also imparts you the orbital speed since the top of the elevator is in orbit.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

The vomit could be aimed as an additional source of thrust!

But fine. Consider that Uraraka's quirk + a non-explosive flight transportation quirk would be a sufficiently safe means for launching nuclear waste into the sun. Part of the reason why we don't do that with our nuclear waste now, is because of the risk of the rockets exploding on the way up in the atmosphere and scattering it over large swaths of the planet.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

ChronoReverse posted:

A space elevator in theory works but not because it puts you at the right height. Rather it also imparts you the orbital speed since the top of the elevator is in orbit.

Yeah, I was aware of that, but I didn't know it was so much of the cost until I looked into it. You'd save maybe 10% on your energy budget from eliminating gravitational potential energy (a 3 MJ/kg drop) when going to low Earth orbit (a specific orbital energy of -29.8 MJ/kg, compared to the -62.6 MJ/kg of being on Earth's surface), and far less of a percentage for higher altitudes. Good to know!

Now, if her quirk actually eliminates mass rather than gravity, with the object gaining energy to match its current velocity upon release, that's a far different story. Given that she can swing around a concrete pillar like a bat, that may be the case. At that point, you're well on your way to using Mass Effect physics.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Zomborgon posted:

Now, if her quirk actually eliminates mass rather than gravity, with the object gaining energy to match its current velocity upon release, that's a far different story. Given that she can swing around a concrete pillar like a bat, that may be the case. At that point, you're well on your way to using Mass Effect physics.

This was always the bit about Uravity's powers that I wonder if Horikoshi thought deeply about. Because if it really works the way it seems to, then she could potentially generate WMD levels of damage with some (fixed) equipment simply by facilitating what appears to be free momentum creation.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
More mass means more fuel, which has mass, too, so it raises the fuel costs exponentially. Then there's the added complexity (and weight) of the rocket needed to handle the forces generated by burning that fuel. It wouldn't exactly be effortless, but Elon Musk would love to have weightless payloads. It would be a poo poo ton less complicated (expensive) to launch weightless things into orbit, even with a competently normal rocket.

E: Zomborgon's post is way better than this one.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jul 2, 2018

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Hopeford posted:

https://twitter.com/grovndzero/status/1013840683776475136

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochii/status/1013681981798825984

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I dont think that's legal or binding but I dont know enough about space land rights

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's naming rights rather than actual ownership.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

PMush Perfect posted:

Space shuttles All rockets pretty much literally throw themselves into space with explosions, and that's what Bakugo is doing.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

The vomit could be aimed as an additional source of thrust!

But fine. Consider that Uraraka's quirk + a non-explosive flight transportation quirk would be a sufficiently safe means for launching nuclear waste into the sun. Part of the reason why we don't do that with our nuclear waste now, is because of the risk of the rockets exploding on the way up in the atmosphere and scattering it over large swaths of the planet.

Only if said flight quirk can propel it at like 20ish miles per second.
(That's for earth orbit, you have to go faster even for transfer orbits.)

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
https://twitter.com/aitaikimochii/status/1014129601033822208

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jul 4, 2018

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh my god Aizawa.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Aizawa is very strong

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

MHA keeps having all the best parental figures. I'm glad Aizawa is now a good dad not only to his students but also to a girl that desperately needs a good dad with terrible perfect fashion taste.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Look guys, the man liked cats okay? Who are we to judge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Character pages for Gentle and La Brava:
https://twitter.com/aitaikimochii/status/1014144207781429249

Toga Prototype:
https://twitter.com/aitaikimochii/status/1014173444416495616

Finding a band name!
https://twitter.com/aitaikimochii/status/1014169108097585152