Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

RFC2324 posted:

it always feels weird to me because the blood they put back has cooled a little.

Getting the big contrast injection they give you before a CT scan is weird, because it feels cold going into your arm, then it makes your groin feel really warm. In fact, they're supposed to warn you before you get it that you will almost certainly feel like you've pissed yourself. The first time I had one, I was in a hospital for extreme abdominal pain and vomiting fluoro green bile, so they rushed a whole bunch of tests. I just assumed in my weakened state that I had actually pissed myself and apologised to the radiologist attending me. She asked what I was apologising for, and I told her I had had an accident, and she said "oh no, it just feels like you wet yourself, that's normal". Medicine is weird.

Anyway, that's not funny.

https://i.imgur.com/nKGdnNI.mp4

Bless the camera operator that held it on him the entire time.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

I am NOT cleaning up that floor.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Stop calling him shirley

syscall girl posted:

Donating plasma is a hoot because they cycle whole blood into this machine and put it back minus said plasma. You get a little light-headed and just walk to your dealer with $40 like yo

I'd have done it years ago but I'm never gonna find my SS card or birth certificate ever again

Milo and POTUS has a new favorite as of 04:32 on Jul 2, 2018

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Facebook Aunt posted:

Probably not everywhere, no. In Canada it's illegal to sell blood, so they probably aren't doing it here. In america there are private blood collectors that will pay cash money for blood. Or maybe just plasma? I dunno. Anyway, those for-profit places would presumably have no problem selling blood to a health services company that sells people unnecessary blood transfusions.

Making affluent people think blood transfusion has magic powers could be funny/horrific though. Get people paying extra for only male (or only female) blood because you're no soyboy. Or Vegan people convinced to pay extra for vegan blood, so they aren't exploiting animals by proxy. Racists paying extra for blood from [race] because it has superior physical characteristics. (Old school white racists only want white blood, but new school white "race realists" want blood from the finest black teenage athletes.)

Massive flamewars where people argue that you should only get same-sex blood transfusions because wrong-gender-blood makes you weak/hairy and gives you cooties, vs the people who think you should only get opposite-sex transfusions because putting another dude's blood in you is gay. People musing that if teen blood is good child blood must be even better, I'm just saying what everyone is thinking why are you all looking at me like that.

And then later there's a scandal and it turns out the blood was only sorted by blood type, because blood bags only list blood type, not demographic information. The rest of the label was printed as the orders came in to say whatever the client ordered. :shrug:

:pcgaming:

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

syscall girl posted:

Donating plasma is a hoot because they cycle whole blood into this machine and put it back minus said plasma. You get a little light-headed and just walk to your dealer with $40 like yo

I guess California doesn't allow you to sell your blood/plasma so instead of making money off of my meat fluid, I get annoying phone calls every few weeks about my blood because I'm O-, so I'm a universal donor. They also want me to donate a shitload of whole blood and plasma because I'm a big guy with tasty blood apparently but that's like a multi-hour process and I can't take all that time off of work.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Are there any really comprehensive write-up of the whole Theranos thing?

Bad Blood, by John Carreyrou is a pretty thorough book covering the whole Theranos thing. https://www.amazon.com/Bad-Blood-Secrets-Silicon-Startup/dp/152473165X

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

DiggityDoink posted:

I guess California doesn't allow you to sell your blood/plasma
You guess wrong.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
"ancient gamers" :rolleyes:

CityOfLostChildren
Mar 16, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'd have done it years ago but I'm never gonna find my SS card or birth certificate ever again

You were in the SS?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

lol fallout 3 "ancient"

loving millennials

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Elias_Maluco posted:

lol fallout 3 "ancient"

loving millennials

I was playing Dig Dug yesterday.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Whoever did that is a master.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
antediluvian gamers

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

sneakyfrog posted:

antediluvian gamers

Maniac Mansion, Sam & Max Hit the Road and Grim Fandango.

Now as for Finno-Korean Hyperwar era gamers

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

holy poo poo that's annoying

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lol at loving Jack Nicholson as the "ancient" Joker

Cesar Romero or bust

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jerry Cotton posted:

Whoever did that is a master.

It never fails to get a rise out of goons

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Mark Hamill Joker = SNES / Genesis era through modern day ?

I also appreciate Angry Birds and CoC being in there so that "true gamers" have something to ridicule opposing generations as being "filthy casuals"

Mezzanine has a new favorite as of 14:53 on Jul 2, 2018

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Data Graham posted:

Cesar Romero or bust

Holy poo poo a Roman Emperor was a gamer too?!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Elias_Maluco posted:

lol fallout 3 "ancient"

loving millennials

Millenials are in their thirties.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Atari is like neanderthal games

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Elias_Maluco posted:

Atari is like neanderthal games

Which Joker represents that era?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I had a Vic 20 and a PONG console that required about 20 D batteries for 30 minutes of "fun".

For those of you that might not know, the Vic 20 required its OS to be loaded via and external cassette tape machine. And let me tell you about the fun and games had the one time I went for a bike ride (on my Huffy with the skinny tires) and accidently put a data tape in my walkman and had the volume up too high.

I am a Primordial Stew gamer

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Mezzanine posted:

your mum

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Mezzanine posted:

The Man Who Laughs

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
In case anyone doesn't get it, it's a deliberately shallow joke, part of a series that parodies edgy gamer memes with the Joker.

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.

Get poo poo done? But...why? I'd rather play video games.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

Ghost Leviathan posted:

In case anyone doesn't get it, it's a deliberately shallow joke, part of a series that parodies edgy gamer memes with the Joker.

nah man, didn't you know the Halo series actually started at 3 - it was the very first video game that only ancient gamers like me will remember

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Dude don't give away your gimmick

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Flyinglemur posted:

I had a Vic 20 and a PONG console that required about 20 D batteries for 30 minutes of "fun".

For those of you that might not know, the Vic 20 required its OS to be loaded via and external cassette tape machine.

No it didn't.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Jerry Cotton posted:

No it didn't.

I'm an old person with scrambled brains and I swear you had to boot it with a cassette. I might have been wrong about that but that was definitely the external storage device for my basic programs that used to write LOL. It also had a cartridge game called impossible mission that was bugged at the end and wouldn't let you finish the game. It was my first experience with what would come to be Bethesda gaming.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Flyinglemur posted:

I'm an old person with scrambled brains and I swear you had to boot it with a cassette. I might have been wrong about that but that was definitely the external storage device for my basic programs that used to write LOL. It also had a cartridge game called impossible mission that was bugged at the end and wouldn't let you finish the game. It was my first experience with what would come to be Bethesda gaming.

In the early days of my childhood, we had an object called "the computer," it was a TRS 80, and it also used cassettes.

I was about 6 years old, and there were no games for it, so I just mashed the keyboard like I saw people do on TV.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Data Graham posted:

Cesar Romero or bust

That's how you can tell it was made by some teen or 20-something, ain't a goddamn one of them knows the joy of the 60s Batman series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
I had an Amstrad cpc 464 with one tape with a few games (the Goonies, Short Circuit, Roland ahoy)

When I asked my parents for some other games they offered me a book with pages after pages of basic code for simple games.

I swear I only have memories of trying to find where were the syntax errors and none of an actual working game I copied from the book. Nice troll mom and dad, nice troll.