Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Mezzanine posted:

Which Joker represents that era?

I would imagine a lot of people who grew up with Cesar Romero's Joker played early arcade games at the bar and owned Ataris and other gen 1 & 2 consoles as young adults. I know my parents had a Fairchild Channel F when I was a kid.

There is a Joker gap there though. Maybe animated Super Friends Joker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

TVs Ian posted:

I would imagine a lot of people who grew up with Cesar Romero's Joker played early arcade games at the bar and owned Ataris and other gen 1 & 2 consoles as young adults. I know my parents had a Fairchild Channel F when I was a kid.

There is a Joker gap there though. Maybe animated Super Friends Joker?

Pinball!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Flyinglemur posted:

It also had a cartridge game called impossible mission that was bugged at the end and wouldn't let you finish the game.

nomen est omen.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Flyinglemur posted:

I'm an old person with scrambled brains and I swear you had to boot it with a cassette. I might have been wrong about that but that was definitely the external storage device for my basic programs that used to write LOL. It also had a cartridge game called impossible mission that was bugged at the end and wouldn't let you finish the game. It was my first experience with what would come to be Bethesda gaming.

It didn't need to load the OS off a cassette but games and other programmes came on cassette. I had a ZX Spectrum 48k and when we would trade our cassettes art school you would also give the tips for getting it to load correctly. I will always remember that the MIG game required you turn the volume up really loud or it would fail to load.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/AKWCxT5.gifv

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You sure showed that completely honest jpeg, goons. I'm glad there is still someone to protect gaming.

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.
If we're going to start a big derail showing how old we are can we talk about how Halo 3 is the best Halo? drat I loved that game.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
I'm old and Halo Reach was the best Halo. Fight me younguns.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Marathon Infinity was the best Halo.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
There isn't a good Halo.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Flyinglemur posted:

I had a Vic 20 and a PONG console that required about 20 D batteries for 30 minutes of "fun".

For those of you that might not know, the Vic 20 required its OS to be loaded via and external cassette tape machine. And let me tell you about the fun and games had the one time I went for a bike ride (on my Huffy with the skinny tires) and accidently put a data tape in my walkman and had the volume up too high.

I am a Primordial Stew gamer

quote:

My phone doesn't take a week to boot it
My TV doesn't crash when I mute it

..Well now it does. :(

[edit]

quote:

The fridge, stove and toaster, never crash on me

:sigh:

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Paladinus posted:

There isn't a good Halo.

I only played the first one and it was ok. Never finished it, though

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I'm really impressed by how artfully obnoxious that gamer image is. An absolute masterwork.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I had Pong when I was a kid. What do I win?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Flakey posted:

I'm old and Halo Reach was the best Halo. Fight me younguns.
Yeah pretty much and I only hopped on the Halo train because that's what everyone would be playing for MP at the time.
I liked ODST though.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Picnic Princess posted:

I had Pong when I was a kid. What do I win?

A better shot at social security than the rest of us.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Marathon Infinity was the best Halo.

:hfive:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Halo was great before Microsoft bought Bungie and reworked it into another dumb FPS to jumpstart the Xbox empire

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Data Graham posted:

Halo was great before Microsoft bought Bungie and reworked it into another dumb FPS to jumpstart the Xbox empire

I had a PC magazine that featured articles on Halo, Team Fortress 2, and Tribes 2. They all sounded really cool and interesting, and we never got any of them.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Finally, some advice I can use

Miranda
Dec 24, 2004

Not a cuttlefish.
Help!! I need to find a pic: is like, a Russian guy holding a big wolf and says something like “no dog, only wolf” and “i give you good price” or something. I must make my point through memes, halp!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ah, the Doctor Strange method.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Zero One posted:

What about this?

What are these from?

I laughed quite a bit, thank you thread.

e: they appear to be from the American Dad cartoon

JIZZ DENOUEMENT has a new favorite as of 19:06 on Jul 2, 2018

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

DiggityDoink posted:

I guess California doesn't allow you to sell your blood/plasma so instead of making money off of my meat fluid, I get annoying phone calls every few weeks about my blood because I'm O-, so I'm a universal donor. They also want me to donate a shitload of whole blood and plasma because I'm a big guy with tasty blood apparently but that's like a multi-hour process and I can't take all that time off of work.

I'm so glad I'm AB+

I can use anyones blood, bot hardly anyone can use mine

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

RFC2324 posted:

I'm so glad I'm AB+

ah yes, the only blood type to have a 4 letter acronym (FYGM+)

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

RFC2324 posted:

I'm so glad I'm AB+

And here I am with blood that everyone can use, but can only use my own blood type.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
pertty sure i can use all yalls blood for my projects

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

lol if you don't feint like a wuss when you get stuck with a needle

more blood for me

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

DandyLion posted:

ah yes, the only blood type to have a 4 letter acronym (FYGM+)

pretty much. I laughed my rear end off when I figured out the whole thing.

At least I don't get harassed the donation people much.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

RFC2324 posted:

I'm so glad I'm AB+

Opposite problem for me, I’m permanently disqualified from donating blood because my family lived in the UK from 89-92, during the whole mad cow scare. Surprised me that they were so strict, scares me that poo poo like mad cow can lay dormant for decades before showing symptoms, and by that point you’re boned anyhow.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Jamesman posted:

I had a PC magazine that featured articles on Halo, Team Fortress 2, and Tribes 2.They all sounded really cool and interesting, and we never got any of them.

I cant tell if you're joking or not and I blame just waking up for my night shift.

PC got all 3 games..

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

swordfish duelist posted:

I cant tell if you're joking or not and I blame just waking up for my night shift.

PC got all 3 games..

Are you sure?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Last Chance posted:

Are you sure?

It’s literal ancient history, we can’t be sure.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Mezzanine posted:

Which Joker represents that era?

The one who stole forty cakes.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Zil posted:

And here I am with blood that everyone can use, but can only use my own blood type.

I want to donate blood, but because I lived out of the States for a while, they won't let me because Mad Cow.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

marshmallow creep posted:

I want to donate blood, but because I lived out of the States for a while, they won't let me because Mad Cow.

No goons are allowed to donate. Just can't resist the urge to say "i'm gay" when it comes up, so we all get disqualified.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Jamesman posted:

I had a PC magazine that featured articles on Halo, Team Fortress 2, and Tribes 2. They all sounded really cool and interesting, and we never got any of them.

Is that from when Halo was going to be a mac only proto-MMOFPS? Kind of like Destiny but with more open world stuff and vehicles?

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Last Chance posted:

Are you sure?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Is that from when Halo was going to be a mac only proto-MMOFPS? Kind of like Destiny but with more open world stuff and vehicles?

I don't think it had ever been slated to be an MMOFPS, but I know that they had intended the halo to be one big continuous map with no boundaries, and not broken up into levels.

I think that Halo really started out as a RTS actually.