Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Andrast posted:

Moving loving sucks

Moving when I had to take everything with me, instead of just leaving a bunch at my parents that I'd 'sort out one day', was the second worst experience of my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Thank you for the kind words everyone. :toot: Being married is pretty cool, but not a lot changes either. We bought a house and started living together earlier this year. Weddings are basically just bragging to a bunch of people that you love someone. :v: It was a great day though.

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

Andrast posted:

Moving loving sucks

I moved a month ago and still have an eight box stack of old gaming crap chilling in the corner. I'm the proud owner of no less than three Sega Menacers, which is at least three more Menacers than anyone not running a Sega museum really needs.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i dislike moving, in the sense that i dislike rising from bed and perambulating across a room

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
We moved into our current (rental) house 14 months ago and still have poo poo we haven't unpacked.

We're just gonna move again, what's the point

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

My wife and I moved into our current apartment on what was probably the hottest day of the year many Julys ago. I'm completely serious when I say getting the couch up to the second floor nearly destroyed our marriage.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

suuma posted:

We moved into our current (rental) house 14 months ago and still have poo poo we haven't unpacked.

We're just gonna move again, what's the point

I had stuff in boxes from moving for almost 4 years that I still never bothered to unpack until recently. It does kind of put into perspective how much stuff you have that you don't really need, though.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
We're gonna buy an apartment and move in together later this year, should be fun aside from the scary increase in monthly expenditures over renting my current tiny place.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I said come in! posted:

Thank you for the kind words everyone. :toot: Being married is pretty cool, but not a lot changes either. We bought a house and started living together earlier this year. Weddings are basically just bragging to a bunch of people that you love someone. :v: It was a great day though.

my wife and i lived together for ~6 years and had a 1 year old before we got married. At that point it was pretty much just a fun day with presents and cake.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I made moving day on a day when my wife was working cause its just easier to only have one anxious person driving the workmen crazy

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

chumbler posted:

I had stuff in boxes from moving for almost 4 years that I still never bothered to unpack until recently. It does kind of put into perspective how much stuff you have that you don't really need, though.

For us it's more lack of storage space and we have a toddler so it's easier to leave crap in boxes in the basement than unpack it and put it in a closet or whatever.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The best piece of advice that I ever received yet can't be bothered to actually follow is "if you box something up for a move and it's still in the box by the time you move again, just get rid of it". That said we did move into a smaller apartment in our last move and it felt pretty good offloading a bunch of stuff. Can't wait to pick up a bunch of useless crap when we actually get a house.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Help Im Alive posted:

Is this new No More Heroes thing going to be good

its kill or be killed

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

C-Euro posted:

The best piece of advice that I ever received yet can't be bothered to actually follow is "if you box something up for a move and it's still in the box by the time you move again, just get rid of it". That said we did move into a smaller apartment in our last move and it felt pretty good offloading a bunch of stuff. Can't wait to pick up a bunch of useless crap when we actually get a house.

This is good advice. I moved like 2.5 years ago into my current bad apartment and I found a box with like, 20 pounds of Arkham Horror sets which I think I'm just gonna throw in the garbage if no one I know wants it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
God damnit Hollow Knight STOP CRASHING DURING THE BOSS OF THE GAME FIGHT

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
The last time I moved, I specifically planned it out so we had a month to get stuff moved from the old apartment to the new. We wouldn't be rushed, we could get the essentials moved in the first weekend and do a couple boxes a day after that. Plenty of time. Started off that way

Then my dad had to go to the hospital and ended up dying. Dealing with all that ate up the month. I had to plead with the old management to give me one more weekend, and literally my entire family came over. We spent 8 hours just bagging stuff for the trash or putting poo poo in boxes and hauling it over.

So yes. Moving sucks a whole lot.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

moving tip: pack all of your belongs and yourself into Cardboard Box A, then wait in the back of a truck to quick travel to your destination

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
After moving furniture up three flights of stairs on the last move I'll never do it again and I'd rather pay someone to move my stuff. If I can't carry it by myself, I'm not moving it, I'm too fat and old.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Happy -post-happy-monday-greeting Monday

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Andrast posted:

Moving loving sucks

Are you in Montreal, I hear everyone moves on July 1 and it's terrible

C-Euro posted:

There were like half a dozen boxes in my apartment that I hadn't unpacked for literally 8 years and only did it when my housemate moved out and I was like, I guess I should clean up the place

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Last time I moved was...June 2013?

took me a long time to repay nook

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Finland actually.

At least it isn't hot here right now.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
My personal reluctance to throw stuff away comes from the delusional thinking that I will one day own a home and therefore have space to display my garbage collection to no one in particular.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

What am i missing about hyper light drifter everyone seems to like it but its like really obtuse and the map is very vague about where i am and im lost in a lame maze on the eastern side getting no where and having no fun.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the map in hld sucks, and not in a way that actually makes exploration any better

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it's an open ended exploration based game that's somewhat obtuse and has difficult but satisfying combat op

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's not a very complicated game. Just explore and collect things and find the boss. Then go a different direction.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

just remember: a square with a dot? that's a secret you spot

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That's interesting that you'd know that, is it really internationally known?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I go to the shop guys and its like here are some wacky symbols oops sorry no upgrades for you yet

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

you gotta collect four bips to make a borp, and then you need 2-3 borps to pay for an upgrade

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ohh where can i check my borps in the field?

Is there a better side to go first than east? Theres a lot of places there that feel like you need the multiple dash in a row power to get through cause of all the fire vents.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think most people go east first but you can do west/east/north in any order, i did west first personally. (south is locked until you do the other three). if you do north first you get a weapon that'll unlock a couple of things scattered throughout the rest of the world but only like 2-3 total i think.

i think it's tab to open your inventory and check your upgrades/borps?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also it's been a long time since i played, but don't think that there's any mandatory section of the game that requires the multidash to get through. in fact it's a double edged sword for tricky timing stuff like that because once you stop multi-dashing you skid a really long way, oftentimes off a cliff or face first into a wall

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've lived in my current place for 2.5 years which is the longest I've lived everywhere. It's a basement flat which is right close to the shops and the pubs and work and stays nice and cool even in the current insane summer heatwave. I hope I never have to move again because moving sucks rear end.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ok. Ill try and have more fun but gently caress this map tho

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/HIDEO__KOJIMA_/status/1013824212350525440

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finished Crash Bandicoot 1 remaster this morning. Game is as hard as people say and is completely unfair most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I'll keep cumming
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnrGMHhnqrw

Edit: I looked at Kojima's actual twitter and he's retweeting a bunch of Death Stranding fanart (?!)
https://twitter.com/art_of_tzu/status/1013640720295444480

• Locked thread