Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Candy crush saga has made more money than the legend of zelda

All of them

Every legend of zelda game put together

yeah but zeldas much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

All of them

Vanilla Ice's one album sold more than all of Public Enemy's albums put together

This is the world we live in

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

All of them

i think when fortnite went mobile it crushed the sales figures of all the CoDs put together just from kids buying cosmetics. this is modern gaming. im glad ninty is treating mobile like a side project

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

extremebuff posted:

i think when fortnite went mobile it crushed the sales figures of all the CoDs put together just from kids buying cosmetics. this is modern gaming. im glad ninty is treating mobile like a side project

yeah me too

I mean everyone tries to say Nintendo milk their customers but I don't really see it considering I just turned on Mario Odyssey for the first time in 3 months and all this free extra poo poo just unlocked in my game. any other company would have charged $1 per outfit and $15 for the balloon game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
spent the morning looking over the ultimate stage list on the smash wiki

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

my final verdict: thats a lot of stages

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

having literally 100 reskinned battlefields is gonna own

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

life is about games, not money

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The future of gaming is me playing Chrono Trigger again. gently caress mobile bullshit.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

gacha delenda est

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

elf help book posted:

my final verdict: thats a lot of stages

I hope they add even more.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

net cafe scandal posted:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

absolutely

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I can't wait to play overcooked 2 on the switch with my Co workers. we had a real blast with the first one

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

I can't wait to play overcooked 2 on the switch with my Co workers. we had a real blast with the first one
Overcooked is perfect girlfriend gaming

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

FactsAreUseless posted:

Overcooked is perfect girlfriend gaming
It was fun but it started to stress me the gently caress out in a not fun way like half of the way through. I don't even want to imagine what the endgame levels are like.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

elf help book posted:

spent the morning looking over the ultimate stage list on the smash wiki

There's stages that haven't appeared since Melee showing up again. I really do think that every stage is coming back

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1013958335052185600

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

There's stages that haven't appeared since Melee showing up again. I really do think that every stage is coming back

I think the saffron city stage was only n64?

Also they said not every stage is coming back but I imagine they mean like, not melee final destination and brawl final destination

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Like apparently they said they won’t have 2 flat zones somewhere? And I dunno how they’d make the miiverse stage

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

I think the saffron city stage was only n64?

Also they said not every stage is coming back but I imagine they mean like, not melee final destination and brawl final destination

Yeah they probably meant poo poo like that and Metal Mario 64 stage

I'm so happy the Super Mario bros 2 stage with birdo is back

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

love the AC one

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I want AC for switch

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
is the hori switch controller good? its probably good, right? Im asking since its £30 cheaper than the pro controller for me

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

I.N.R.I posted:

is the hori switch controller good? its probably good, right? Im asking since its £30 cheaper than the pro controller for me

I think it doesn't have HD rumble which is pretty cool but not necessary or anything . I don't think a pro controller is really a must-have anyways though, i have no problem playing stuff like Bayonetta and Splatoon and BOTW with joycons

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

I.N.R.I posted:

I like it a lot, even though I would have assumed the way they went about the D-Pad would be totally lovely. I don't care about HD rumble in the pro controller (I only like it in the joycons) so that you do not miss out on. It does not have gyroscopes so I actually am curious as to what would happen in Breath of the Wild for those shrines that need you to tilt the controller. Does an error message come up on the screen I wonder?

Anyway if you don't care about Rumble or gyroscope yes it is a great controller

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/mechachoi/status/1014260901346607104

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

spent a while today watching my friend play through all my old Mario Maker levels and this is still the best game Nintendo has made in ages...it's purestrain joy

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

spent a while today watching my friend play through all my old Mario Maker levels and this is still the best game Nintendo has made in ages...it's purestrain joy

its a crime they havent ported it over

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
they better be making a sequel or some poo poo because it really needs to be on the switch

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I'm still amazed its the only 3ds game made by Nintendo to not have 3d. The 3d effect works so well on games like that, what the hell

But yeah great game. I bet it makes it to the switch

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I'm still amazed its the only 3ds game made by Nintendo to not have 3d. The 3d effect works so well on games like that, what the hell

But yeah great game. I bet it makes it to the switch

There are a bunch of Nintendo games that don't have 3D including little-known indie treasures Pokemon Sun and Moon

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pablo Nergigante posted:

There are a bunch of Nintendo games that don't have 3D including little-known indie treasures Pokemon Sun and Moon
Those aren't pirateable so he's never played them.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

thats only cos it runs at 10fps even without 3d

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm still amazed the 3ds version exists

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I'm still amazed the 3ds version exists

the leap to 15fps on the switch was truely stunning

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I meant the 3ds version of Mario Maker which nobody on the planet bought

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
I bought it

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

I meant the 3ds version of Mario Maker which nobody on the planet bought

it sold millions of copies, 3DS is for kids and they/their parents don't give a gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Letter Quest, a rip off of one of my favorite games that never left the PC, Bookworm Adventures, is on sale in the eshop for $2.99 and I highly highly highly recommend it