Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb7GmolHTd4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Kojima does it again

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Words and deeds

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Ok. Ill try and have more fun but gently caress this map tho

East is really hard, too. I found North easier to start with honestly. North has a harder boss but the level itself is a lot less rough. East has really tough enemies along the way but the boss is a little easier.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Kept you cumming, huh

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

never be cum over

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

VideoGames posted:

I loved the reports requesting thread title changes in the SGDQ thread.

Never be afraid to do so because changing titles for me is one of my favourite things! Especially if it makes me laugh a ton!! :)

Volfogg posted:

This is actually good to hear! I'm personally glad that you enjoyed the Title Thread changes, and this will likely be a load off of the mind of the user that did most of the request reports.

It really is. I was positive it was going to be one of the things leading into me getting banned or at least probated. Thank you for being so cool, VideoGames!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

That's interesting that you'd know that, is it really internationally known?

I don’t know that it’s well known per se but it comes up a lot as an unusual factoid since it’s one of if not the only city that does that (can’t boot out tenants or cut off their utilities in winter).

It was in a Japanese workbook I taught English from, for example.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
HLD doesn't get any less obtuse later so with like every other game if you're not having fun its OK to stop playing.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

lordfrikk posted:

HLD doesn't get any less obtuse later so with like every other game if you're not having fun its OK to stop playing.

truth

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

lordfrikk posted:

It's one of those things where the game itself isn't going to get less obtuse, but you might get better at reading it, if that makes sense.

That said, the gameplay and design aren't going to meaningfully change as you go, so if the core of the game isn't fun, then yeah, it's perfectly okay to stop playing.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zytdQBD0Ya8

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ok i think i like hld better now that i know im looking for switches to push but i ran around a long time trying to get to the fourth switch to unlock the north boss but after giving up cause of a dead end, the internet says you only need 3 of the 4 to get to the boss and the 4th becomes reachable after the boss.

Who is the brain wizard that thought this poo poo up. I would like to make sure hes not like an alien who has never had to convey info to a human before.

Thanks game dev dude.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I said come in! posted:

By the way Games chat thread,

I got married yesterday. :toot:

Congratulations on being wed! You can usually tell you made a good choice if very little changes post-marriage. The real game-changer is babby, especially once it can walk and run around.

In Kojima news

https://twitter.com/HIDEO__KOJIMA_/status/1013824937868562434

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Dick Cheney was in Metal Gear Rising, the pattern holds

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

someone make a spiritual successor to Pacman 2?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Real hurthling! posted:

Ok i think i like hld better now that i know im looking for switches to push but i ran around a long time trying to get to the fourth switch to unlock the north boss but after giving up cause of a dead end, the internet says you only need 3 of the 4 to get to the boss and the 4th becomes reachable after the boss.

Who is the brain wizard that thought this poo poo up. I would like to make sure hes not like an alien who has never had to convey info to a human before.

Thanks game dev dude.

see, the door has 3 purple dips on it, and every time you pull on one of those dorps you get a dip. there's more doors in each area that have more dips on them, so you need to more dorps to get more dips. there's always 8 dorps per area but i think only one 8 dip door. behind the 8 dip door is just usually some bips.

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jul 2, 2018

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Phantasium posted:

someone make a spiritual successor to Pacman 2?

it's coropata for the ds and it's more like anime bad rats

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cowcaster posted:

see, the door has 3 purple dips on it, and every time you pull on one of those dorps you get a dip. there's more doors in each area that have more dips on them, so you need to more dorps to get more dips. there's always 8 dorps per area but i think only one 8 dip door

Right, you guys are just making this game up and waiting to see how long until you get called on it, aren't you?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i mean the thing is with hyper light drifter is there's literally no voice acting nor text, so none of this stuff has names unless you look it up on a wiki.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The Colonel posted:

haha, your reference fails, for i am the one person who was never suckered into bad rats

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I know most of yall have figured it out already but this is a parody account

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

The Colonel posted:

Is it like an anime version of The Incredible Machine?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

FanaticalMilk posted:

Is it like an anime version of The Incredible Machine?

yeah basically. really good sprite art and animation, too

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Obama chuckled. "You mean...the vagina bombs? I'm going to assume you mean the vagina bombs. Because if that's what you're concerned about I've got one of them right here."

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cowcaster posted:

i mean the thing is with hyper light drifter is there's literally no voice acting nor text, so none of this stuff has names unless you look it up on a wiki.

Yeah its like ok this guy on steam says modules and this guy on another forum says switches

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
when will konami port mgs3hd to pc so i can finally play it and peace walker before i play v

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I'm going to say "probably never"

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah its like ok this guy on steam says modules and this guy on another forum says switches

trust me, it's bips and borps, and dorps and dips.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

an actual dog posted:

I know most of yall have figured it out already but this is a parody account

On matters of Kojima there's no such thing as parody.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

univbee posted:

ugg

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

univbee posted:

ya

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
hey guys remember The Crew 2?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

drat, Ubisoft's tech is so advanced they even procedurally generated gentrification.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

buglord posted:

hey guys remember The Crew 2?

this is about as bad as Call of Juarez: The Cartel

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

I'm on board with this

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

More like Death From Above now.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oblivion reaction: drat I've been systematically killing all the leaders of the Dark Brotherhood? I did not see that coming! :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

when will there be a katamari game on the switch or ps4 or something

someone should just hurry up and make a ripoff version

apparently Forever is on that PS Now thingy and that's the first time I've been interested in that I think

• Locked thread