Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.starnewsonline.com/news/20180629/wilmington-mcdonalds-employee-celebrates-20-years-of-service

Traci Knowles, who has Down Syndrome, lauded as a ‘jewel’ of the Landfall restaurant.

That Traci Knowles has Down Syndrome does nothing to diminish her cheer and work ethic as an employee at the Landfall McDonald’s.

She shows up for work on time for each of her 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. shifts and is a welcome sight for loyal customers. And, on Friday, the restaurant honored her with a celebration of her 20th work anniversary.

“You make life better just because you’re here,” Dennis Anderson, the owner and operator of the restaurant, said to her during the celebration. “Congratulations on 20 years with us and may you have 20 more years with us.”

Knowles, 47, beamed with joy while being hugged by coworkers, family and customers during the celebration.

“Thank you,” she said before being hugged by Anderson. “You make me feel so proud.”

Kelsey Smith, manager of the location, called Knowles one of her most dependable employees.

“Traci is wonderful,” she said. “She works very hard and the customers love her. She’s just a real team player.”

Knowles’ father, Larry, said the job has meant the world to his daughter.

“It’s made her very independent,” he said. “Her morning shift affords her the opportunity to interact with so many people.”

Deciding to celebrate Knowles’ work anniversary was easy, said Karla Taylor, director of marketing for McAnderson’s, the company headed by Anderson.

“She is a special employee,” Taylor said. “She’s just a jewel.”

It's so inspiring to see disabled people doing the same things as abled people. Diversity ftw!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

There's a fella with Down Syndrome at the Fergus McDonalds and I bet he's been there just as long, sweeping the parking lot, emptying the garbages, hell sometimes they even let him being the meals out to people's cars who's meals are taking awhile.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

What time is your shift over

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
20 years? She should be lucky to have a job that long. I'd say she had up syndrome

Smackdillion
Feb 18, 2001

Someone paid :10bux: to give you this shitty icon and give Lowtax his cyborg spine parts
There are some A+ cart pusher / porters out there that are handicapped.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Congrats OP

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Big Beef City posted:

What time is your shift over

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Smackdillion posted:

it's good business to hire the disabled because you can pay them less than minimum wage

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
EAT FRASCHE!!!

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
the filet o fish is a fine sandwich

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
filet o fish is a good sandwich but it comes with cheese by default

who the gently caress wants cheese on a fish sandwich

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
I’m guessing there is about zero chance that her super proud employer even pays her minimum wage.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lowtax said you're not allowed to make fun of goons anymore

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Everyone?

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Ein cooler Typ posted:

It makes selling the underpants online harder, but more lucrative thats for sure.

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
I have a co-worker who had eaten pretty much nothing but McDonald's for lunch 4-5 days a week for the last 40 years and he's incredibly mentally ill.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Culver's and Wendy's fish sandwiches are so much better than McDonald's garbage, though it's less bad than Burger King fish at least.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jul 2, 2018

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Three Olives posted:

I’m guessing there is about zero chance that her super proud employer even pays her minimum wage.

if someone with down syndrome can do the job maybe mcdonalds employees dont deserve minimum wage

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

MC Hawking posted:

I have a co-worker who had eaten pretty much nothing but McDonald's for lunch 4-5 days a week for the last 40 years and he's incredibly mentally ill.

Seems like a chicken-egg situation

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Culver's and Wendy's fish sandwiches are so much better than McDonald's garbage, though it's less bad than Burger King fish at least.

we don't have Culver's here but I hear the milkshakes are good

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Hmmm, part time for 20 years, yes please stay on longer so we can keep right on not giving you benefits

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
ok goons what's your excuse for not working?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I've heard that Popeye's has a legit fish sandwich too, but I've never had it.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rutibex posted:

if someone with down syndrome can do the job maybe mcdonalds employees dont deserve minimum wage

her job title is "lobby attendant"

what kind of McDonald's even has a lobby attendant. sounds like a made up fake job they gave a disabled person for good PR

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Are you jealous that you have down syndrome yet haven't accomplished as much op?

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
Ding burgaaa donnnnnnnneee

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
He gets a cheeseburger, no pickles, with mayo and lettude then scrapes the lettuce off and eats half with a knife and fork before proudly proclaiming to the world how full he is and slam dunking the remaining half into the bag along with a mostly uneaten thing of fries.

He's severely malnourished to the point of injuries taking weeks to heal and can't weigh more than 125lbs . I can set my watch by how frequently he has to pee because his kidneys are shredded by decades of sweet peach tea abuse.

He once tried to explain to me that Ensure + Vanilla was a complete and balanced meal. And that ketchup is a vegetable. And that he's deathly allergic to apples, but the holiday apple pies that McDonald's has are "okay because of all the processing."

He also spent 15 minutes heating up a slice of pizza 34 seconds at a time while describing how the "heat needs to percolate" in great detail. I'm no thermodynamics major but I'm pretty sure that's not an effective use of a microwave.

Refined sugar causes autism, not vaccines.

McDonald's is trash food anyway unless you're in a zombified state due to hangover.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
some sick or egocentric fucks see this and genuinely think its a feel-good story

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Smackdillion posted:

My brother-in-law has a developmental disability and pushed carts for a living. He had been there so long he was making something like $14/hr, which is good scratch for someone with his condition.

Then the company decided to fire him and hire two brand new 'tards at minimum wage. :capitalism:

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Was it dusk till Dawn where the guy complains about people with disabilities making burgers?

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
No loving way am I eating fish from McDonalds. No God drat way in hell.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

AKA Pseudonym posted:

No loving way am I eating fish from McDonalds. No God drat way in hell.

do you ever eat fish sticks or any frozen fish food?

it's all the same stuff

it's not like they're trusting mcdonalds employees to clean fish in the back or something

they just deep fry a frozen fish patty

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
or are you the same person who believes McDonald's burgers are made from worms and cow eyeballs

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

MC Hawking posted:

He gets a cheeseburger, no pickles, with mayo and lettude then scrapes the lettuce off and eats half with a knife and fork before proudly proclaiming to the world how full he is and slam dunking the remaining half into the bag along with a mostly uneaten thing of fries.

He's severely malnourished to the point of injuries taking weeks to heal and can't weigh more than 125lbs . I can set my watch by how frequently he has to pee because his kidneys are shredded by decades of sweet peach tea abuse.

He once tried to explain to me that Ensure + Vanilla was a complete and balanced meal. And that ketchup is a vegetable. And that he's deathly allergic to apples, but the holiday apple pies that McDonald's has are "okay because of all the processing."

He also spent 15 minutes heating up a slice of pizza 34 seconds at a time while describing how the "heat needs to percolate" in great detail. I'm no thermodynamics major but I'm pretty sure that's not an effective use of a microwave.

Refined sugar causes autism, not vaccines.

McDonald's is trash food anyway unless you're in a zombified state due to hangover.

please don’t make fun of my eating habits

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ensure is a complete balanced meal

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good
Dont post about my mom

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

I wonder if she’s also constantly blazed during her shift, like every one of my friends who used to work at McDonalds (they also might’ve had DS idk)

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Rutibex posted:

I feel like you should still have to pay minimum wage to people with mental disabilities.

Born in Bexhill
Apr 9, 2007
Holy poo poo, did they really just give her a hug for 20 years of fast food work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Ein cooler Typ posted:

“You make life better just because you’re here,” Dennis Anderson, the owner and operator of the restaurant, said to her during the celebration. “Congratulations on 20 years with us and may you have 20 more years with us.

Knowles, 47, beamed with joy while being hugged by coworkers, family and customers during the celebration.

got some bad news for you guys...

• Locked thread