Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
We're back! https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1012489174421852160

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That is the worst mispelling of Nigel McGuinness I have ever seen!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1012503368709885952

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Guessing he's joining The Blast a breakaway site by ex-TMZ people including his girlfriend:

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1012519650809110528

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1012549546151415810

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Granny reviewed this on the show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn8t_0IrdIo

She gave it a 4

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
That's not the Kenny Amigo I know

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
oh my god granny arguing that vinny didn't read the facebook post aloud right before she did

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I got a text from Alvarez! :stare:

I didn't know he ever texted back on the WOL number.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dammit, I misunderstood Bryan when he was talking about being away: I thought that Lance Storm was going to do a B&V Retro show with Vinny and Craig, but I guess it's just gonna be Bryan and Lance. Which will still be good, but I was kinda interested in hearing a Lance/Vinny/Craig dynamic.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I’m not even slightly interested in hearing Vinny and Craig without Alvarez’s craziness to play off

katatonic
Mar 14, 2007

Dave’s take on Chasyn Rance is uhh...not great.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Haven't listened yet myself but here's his take for anyone curious (not my own summary):

"Dave said that all Omega could do was to apologize and he did it twice. There is no evidence that Omega knew about Rance background. Once Omega apologized and offered refunds, Dave doesn't understand why people keep being mad and this thing bothers him. People should realise that reality of this business, same as baseball, basketball, is that stuff like this [convicted people working/getting booked] keeps go on, he doesn't say that this is normal, but this is reality. And Dave says that if you can't live with this reality, you should better give up watching wrestling. Dave repeats multiple times he doesn't defend anybody. He also recommends to remove Rance match from replay because of people feeling uncomfortable."

katatonic
Mar 14, 2007

He leaned preeeetty hard into the whole “if any of this upsets you, you shouldn’t watch wrestling” argument. I mean I get where he’s coming from, but isn’t the whole point of calling poo poo like this out to try and change the culture of acceptance of it?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

katatonic posted:

He leaned preeeetty hard into the whole “if any of this upsets you, you shouldn’t watch wrestling” argument. I mean I get where he’s coming from, but isn’t the whole point of calling poo poo like this out to try and change the culture of acceptance of it?

But this involves one of his friends/sources so you are going to get what you are going to get.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

He's not wrong, it's just a lovely, defeatist attitude that a bunch of people in places/positions of privilege have about a vast range of topics.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

katatonic posted:

Calling this out got him to apologize and offer refunds. Now think about what he is talking about with regard to continued piling on after he offered refunds. At that point it isn't about change, and a lot of that piling on is by people acting in extreme bad faith because they go around all day on twitter acting as apologists for the absolute worst people in wrestling.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

MassRafTer posted:

people acting in extreme bad faith because they go around all day on twitter acting as apologists for the absolute worst people in wrestling.

You're referring to WWE fans here, right?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Seriously WWE gets away with poo poo way worse than this on a regular basis but Omega makes a mistake and is actually legitimately contrite and people are still trying to say he didn't apologize good enough or internet sleuth their way into what, claiming he knowingly booked a sex offender for a dark match because it was the only way he could get a ring?

Gimme a freaking break. Dave is absolutely right.

Also just gonna echo this point from the NJPW thread. Is any of the heat going to the actually wrestling school and the ex-con or is it just all going towards Omega?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

VJeff posted:

internet sleuth their way into what, claiming he knowingly booked a sex offender for a dark match because it was the only way he could get a ring?

I think the idea is that Omega was dishonest about how well he actually knew the guy and if you believe he lied in his apology, then there is no reason to believe his apology.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Incessant Excess posted:

I think the idea is that Omega was dishonest about how well he actually knew the guy and if you believe he lied in his apology, then there is no reason to believe his apology.

This is the wrestling business and when you offer no strings attached refunds you can't mean it any more. He could have just issued the statement, instead of offered refunds on top of it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Incessant Excess posted:

Haven't listened yet myself but here's his take for anyone curious (not my own summary):

"Dave said that all Omega could do was to apologize and he did it twice. There is no evidence that Omega knew about Rance background. Once Omega apologized and offered refunds, Dave doesn't understand why people keep being mad and this thing bothers him. People should realise that reality of this business, same as baseball, basketball, is that stuff like this [convicted people working/getting booked] keeps go on, he doesn't say that this is normal, but this is reality. And Dave says that if you can't live with this reality, you should better give up watching wrestling. Dave repeats multiple times he doesn't defend anybody. He also recommends to remove Rance match from replay because of people feeling uncomfortable."

siiigh. there are literally hundreds of vanity feds down in Florida that would have jumped at the opportunity to get booked on that CEO show. A few that aren't violent felons or sex creeps.

same with any sport, really. there shouldn't be this much pushback.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Here's an Orlando newspaper article about it.

Reading the case, I'd be pretty prepared to dismiss it except that the dude knew she was underage and slept with her, so gently caress him.

Still not worse than Stone Cold in my opinion, as at least this young man was convicted and served his sentence under the law.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Anyone download a copy of Cary's appearance on Dutch Mantell's podcast yesterday?

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

katatonic posted:

He’s right, though. It’s rotten to its core, with rotten beginnings. Calling out Kenny after his apology won’t change that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Having listened to WOR, Dave sounded like he was ready to have a breakdown thinking about what the wrestling business actually is and it was incredibly depressing to listen to. If you came out of that thinking he didn't give a poo poo I don't know what to tell you.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

MassRafTer posted:

Having listened to WOR, Dave sounded like he was ready to have a breakdown thinking about what the wrestling business actually is and it was incredibly depressing to listen to. If you came out of that thinking he didn't give a poo poo I don't know what to tell you.

It's very likely he both gives a poo poo and is also a huge piece of poo poo.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Midnightghoul posted:

It's very likely he both gives a poo poo and is also a huge piece of poo poo.

I don't think that's very likely at all, actually

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Meltzer is like the tamest possible result of an old white man who has been extremely successful in a very niche bubble for most of his life. I don't feel like he quite gets how some people are compartmentalizing the past evils of wrestling while wanting its future to be different, but everything else in that ramble was pretty well on point.

Anyone still wanting blood over the Omega mess needs to learn how the hell to move on and accept success, when you get the rare occasion of a public figure who actually seems to care and want to do better.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Calling this out got him to apologize and offer refunds. Now think about what he is talking about with regard to continued piling on after he offered refunds. At that point it isn't about change, and a lot of that piling on is by people acting in extreme bad faith because they go around all day on twitter acting as apologists for the absolute worst people in wrestling.

Basically. I mean we actually had someone IN THIS THREAD claim that whether or not Omega knew the guy was a sex offender wasn't the point, which... I legitimately don't know what the point is then, because if we accept that he didn't know, and that he apologised and offered refunds, and presumably will be more careful in future... what more do people want? Do they want Omega to flog himself and post an Instagram video of it?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1013918749433294848

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

PaybackJack posted:

Still not worse than Stone Cold in my opinion, as at least this young man was convicted and served his sentence under the law.
Is the issue that Steve Austin didn't do jail time, because he turned himself into the police, pled no contest, did what he was sentenced to do, etc.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Edge & Christian posted:

Is the issue that Steve Austin didn't do jail time, because he turned himself into the police, pled no contest, did what he was sentenced to do, etc.

That he did it with two different women and that WWE worked to conceal the extent of the abuse in the first incident since it would have cost the company money.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1013935959379886080

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So much stolen author profit... :smith:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Aesop Poprock posted:

So much stolen author profit... :smith:

https://twitter.com/Toffile/status/1013940989776494592

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

I can't remember who it was, possibly CM Punk, where Dave mentioned how amazing it was to see somebody who was willing to just walk away without a backward look from wrestling after devoting so much of their life to it, and he sounded so wistful :smith:

:3:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

If anything, Dave could use his position to reiterate to promoters that using lovely people will cause pushback from fans and there's plenty of not lovely people they can use. When in doubt, book Gresham and Grace.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

What a worker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

rovert posted:

But this involves one of his friends/sources so you are going to get what you are going to get.

What do you think he would've done if it wasn't one of his friends/sources? Accuse Kenny of booking the sex offender knowingly? Tell his subscribers to boycott all future Kenny Omega shows?