Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

pentyne posted:

Haven't seen it mentioned in a long time, but does anyone remember

- TFR guy, hardcore ex marine solider who talked up PTSD and military respect every chance he could, raged against the stolen valor assholes. Had stories on stories and about how hard life was after Fallujah coming back as a civilian or something. Also had a huge hate on gays and trans people

- Actual US Marine goons did search of the internal Marine database looking for him as a current or former enlisted member. No results
- Found his OKCupid profile where it was tons of moto stuff like "I have PTSD, sometimes if we are walking I will immediately cross the street because of something I saw. Deal with it or don't bother messaging me
- Eventually found out said uber-marine was a regular guy with no military background at all, was dating a trans girl who was also a webcam girl and found tons of photos of him and her with cutesy poses and messages about how in love they were.
Aww this is a happy story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Wasn't IDR also british, or was that someone else?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

"and it turns out he really just hated himself" is the moral of like, 80% of SA's Greatest Sagas

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

"and it turns out he really just hated himself" is the moral of like, 80% of SA's Greatest Sagas

Let's be honest here that's like just 99% of goons on general.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

don't dox me

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Aww this is a happy story.

less so that he posted a bunch of really transphobic poo poo...while also dating a trans person :confused:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

hardcore marines you say
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdCyJgfQsRo

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Stexils posted:

less so that he posted a bunch of really transphobic poo poo...while also dating a trans person :confused:

He was just playing a piece of poo poo on the internet. We all fell for it.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Stexils posted:

That's the beauty, you find out that not only is he not really transphobic, he also didn't really kill any Fallujans.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So did any of the actual fake valor crusaders go after him because a fake valor guy also being a fake valor crusader getting taken down by fake valor crusaders sounds like it’s getting a little too complicated for me to keep track of

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

That's the beauty, you find out that not only is he not really transphobic
Just because dude's a chaser doesn't mean he's not.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's like a complex layer cake of hypocrisy and terrible opinions and life choices.

ed: basically the entire internet summed up really

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

pentyne posted:

Haven't seen it mentioned in a long time, but does anyone remember

- TFR guy, hardcore ex marine solider who talked up PTSD and military respect every chance he could, raged against the stolen valor assholes. Had stories on stories and about how hard life was after Fallujah coming back as a civilian or something. Also had a huge hate on gays and trans people

- Actual US Marine goons did search of the internal Marine database looking for him as a current or former enlisted member. No results
- Found his OKCupid profile where it was tons of moto stuff like "I have PTSD, sometimes if we are walking I will immediately cross the street because of something I saw. Deal with it or don't bother messaging me
- Eventually found out said uber-marine was a regular guy with no military background at all, was dating a trans girl who was also a webcam girl and found tons of photos of him and her with cutesy poses and messages about how in love they were.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2578 - Saclopedia page with link to goldmined thread.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Peeny Cheez posted:

Just because dude's a chaser doesn't mean he's not.
One of the most openly racist guys I knew was married to a black woman. She was also abusive as hell towards him. He had scars from multiple attacks.

Some dudes just hate themselves or something.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

This series of videos never ever gets not funny even with the passage of time

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

I love those PSAs where cartoon pills sing about how dangerous they are, with the presentation being essentially identical to ads about cartoon candies singing about how delicious they are, with the target audience being the most likely to be confused by the presentation.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Can someone give me the rundown on Fecal Lasagna? I don’t think I’ve ever heard what the original story is, just the name thrown around.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Can someone give me the rundown on Fecal Lasagna? I don’t think I’ve ever heard what the original story is, just the name thrown around.

It’s the climactic discovery of a story where a guy lived in a cheap apartment with an insane hoarder of a roommate, so he walled himself off from the insane guy and they lived separate lives for a while—the narrator would use the patio door to go in and out. The insane one had the bathroom in his half, but at some point the plumbing stopped working, and when the narrator re-entered the Forbidden Zone he found out the guy had been making GBS threads in the bathtub and covering it with newspaper, thus, “poo poo lasagna”

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

also at the point he checked said roommate was laying in said tub full of back lasagna with a tuba

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The whole gross saga got goldmined here

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

RFC2324 posted:

also at the point he checked said roommate was laying in said tub full of back lasagna with a tuba

I didn't remember that part. Yeesh.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Was his roommate named Shay?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

That has to be an embellishment/urban legend.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Moon Slayer posted:

It is.

Dude went on to write fiction about working in the Bush White House.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dillbag posted:

Was his roommate named Shay?

That was the one where she pooped all over the couch and stuff right?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

That was the one where she pooped all over the couch and stuff right?

It was offsite but it made a profound on me and it somehow led me to SA (unfortunately I don't remember exactly how... I think it was a combination of this story and Stileproject) so I'm posting it,

A saga in three parts:

:nms: for fatty poop

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

RFC2324 posted:

Saxaphone. Or as Martin Random memorably put it, "the smooth stylings of Jazzy Jeb in the poo poo lasagna".

I liked that thread so much I compiled an ebook of it.

Moon Slayer posted:

Well it is a Martin Random thread.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

speaking of poo poo, I haven't seen the poo poo eating goon crew mentioned in this thread yet.

I don't know much of the story, other than the one goonette who was asking about the health issues of eating a bunch of poo poo or something.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Saxaphone. Or as Martin Random memorably put it, "the smooth stylings of Jazzy Jeb in the poo poo lasagna".

Well it is a Martin Random thread.

I loved his stuff.

His White House exposé was truly a gift

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1845896

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Moon Slayer posted:

halfway through he forgets what the roommate's name was and switches from Jed to Jeb

Chalk is Cheap
Mar 29, 2005

You know, Maine has a really cool underground hip-hop scene...
Does anyone remember the story of the super awkward goon who had a crush on some girl and went to her apartment to fix her computer? He installed her webcam so he could watch her from his place. He ended up getting caught and posting an e/n thread about it.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Chalk is Cheap posted:

Does anyone remember the story of the super awkward goon who had a crush on some girl and went to her apartment to fix her computer? He installed her webcam so he could watch her from his place. He ended up getting caught and posting an e/n thread about it.

Sounds like someone should have called the police?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1424

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

There used to be a :scax: emote based on the Martin Random story.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Back when I first joined, maybe before I even did, there was a thread trying to convince people that you could make an incredibly effective pheromone cologne out of your own jizz, or maybe it was piss?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Chalk is Cheap posted:

It was just compensation for carrying that printer all the way over, imo

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Pirate Radar posted:

Back when I first joined, maybe before I even did, there was a thread trying to convince people that you could make an incredibly effective pheromone cologne out of your own jizz, or maybe it was piss?

As a matter of fact you're correct on both counts. It was a mixture of urine and semen

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Wes Button

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I found it here.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pirate Radar posted:

Why use the piss for a cologne? I need that urine so I can taste it to see if I need to go to the ER.

(that was an excellent little thread)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalk is Cheap
Mar 29, 2005

You know, Maine has a really cool underground hip-hop scene...

Wow, I never caught the rest of the creepiness. That guy sounds like an absolute danger.