Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Just came back in pokemon to realize I just missed out on a shiny Zygarde, like, a week ago. Bleh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Hellioning posted:

Just came back in pokemon to realize I just missed out on a shiny Zygarde, like, a week ago. Bleh.
Actually I've been meaning to post about that. I have FIVE shiny Zygarde codes. Want one? Jump on over to the Goon Trading Thread and find a needy to set up a trade with.

First five to make a trade to someone asking for one in the thread and confirm it in the trading thread get a code!

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
thinking about wooper today

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

:wooper:

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

And indeed every day

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I, personally, prefer Quagsire, but Wooper is cool too.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Ahh, Wonder Trade, never change.

Realized the Mudbray I caught didn't have Stamina, so I figured "screw it, I'll catch another one and trade this one."

Throw it onto the GTS, get nothing interesting, so I decide to throw the new one back until I get something that catches my eye.

Cue level 15 Shiny Meloetta.

EDIT: As an aside, I'm starting to actually not like the experience share. I'm one of those people who tries to keep their team all the same level when possible; when someone levels up, they get shifted down in the roster. With the Experience Share though, what ends up happening is that you just end up using the pokemon that level up the slowest forever because the experience share actually allows the faster-levelling pokemon to keep up, and even maintain their lead for the most part.

BlazetheInferno fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jul 2, 2018

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Hellioning posted:

I, personally, prefer Quagsire, but Wooper is cool too.

Quagsire is such an excellent boy, because he is an evolution of a beautiful quirky pokémon that doesn't have a boring generic design. I love them both equally. Contrast things like Ribombee or Goodra that are fine designs by themselves, but a serious downgrade from their precious baby forms.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

cursed image

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

i play magical hats

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

oddium posted:

cursed image

3/10 curse level

i'm sure if people like yu-gi-oh then they think this is really cool

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
i dont think it's cool

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Dungeon Dice Monsters was cool and I miss it :(

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I always thought I was a genius for having a doubles team of "Literally anything with Earthquake" and "literally anything with discharge that is flying/levitating"

I never play doubles otherwise but I'd like to since it feels like that's the only format Nintendo care about

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The White Dragon posted:

i'm sure if people like yu-gi-oh then they think this is really cool

Good lord no.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I always thought I was a genius for having a doubles team of "Literally anything with Earthquake" and "literally anything with discharge that is flying/levitating"

I never play doubles otherwise but I'd like to since it feels like that's the only format Nintendo care about

I would love a coliseum 3 already

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

mandatory lesbian posted:

I would love a coliseum 3 already

Too bad, enjoy your Pokemon Battle Revolution.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Zore posted:

I mean there are a lot of Pokemon that are going to be weird to see how they handle going forward. Like the bank-compatible totems.

Totems better continue to exist as is going forward, I need my giant spider friend.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

I am not familiar with how pokemon game launches go..for Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee is it necessary to pre-order? Will games sell out on launch right away? Obviously you can't say for sure, but based on experience with other title launches, any insight? Thanks!

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Zaekkor posted:

I am not familiar with how pokemon game launches go..for Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee is it necessary to pre-order? Will games sell out on launch right away? Obviously you can't say for sure, but based on experience with other title launches, any insight? Thanks!

I have never encountered a situation where a game store ran out of a Pokemon or a Switch game, even on release day.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
hi all, i will be fighting in the World Cup of Pokemon tomorrow morning at 830 AM eastern time, in Red Blue and YEllow

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

tbp posted:

hi all, i will be fighting in the World Cup of Pokemon tomorrow morning at 830 AM eastern time, in Red Blue and YEllow

Columbia lost.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

tbp posted:

GoOd luck!

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Hrmm. I am indecisive, and would ask for suggestions.

Of the Various Grass/Electric types in Ultra Sun, I can't decide what I want to use. I kinda want to avoid doubling up on types, but just can't make a decision. Right now i'm carting around a Brionne, Marowak (Alolan of course), Mudbray and Alolan Grimer. I'm considering going back to pick up and raise a Noibat, but I want to add something anti-water. And before any suggests it, I'm not using Raichu. Just gonna veto that one right now. Thoughts? I'm just on the second island right now, and am willing to wait a little bit, but not like... end-game wait, so I think Emolga's off that list too, just as an example.

Thoughts?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

happy braviary day

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

BlazetheInferno posted:

Of the Various Grass/Electric types in Ultra Sun, I can't decide what I want to use. I kinda want to avoid doubling up on types, but just can't make a decision. Right now i'm carting around a Brionne, Marowak (Alolan of course), Mudbray and Alolan Grimer. I'm considering going back to pick up and raise a Noibat, but I want to add something anti-water. And before any suggests it, I'm not using Raichu. Just gonna veto that one right now. Thoughts? I'm just on the second island right now, and am willing to wait a little bit, but not like... end-game wait, so I think Emolga's off that list too, just as an example.

Thoughts?

magnemite is pretty overpowered if that's your thing (hau'oli, malie city). a lot of people like to play with vikavolt, you can evolve it from chargabug on the next island. the next island is basically electric land, you can get electabuzz, dedenne, togedemaru, manectric, and alolan geodude. for grass there's.......... lilligant? steenee-> tsareena from lush jungle?

magnemite for super good, manectric for cool and you can chuck a mega stone on it for postgame, alolan geodude if you're a handsome smart player who wants to use stab explosion

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

BlazetheInferno posted:

Thoughts?

you should use alolan raichu anyway, you ninny

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Quotey posted:

alolan geodude if you're a handsome smart player who wants to use stab explosion

Wait what?

*looks up Alolan Geodude*

...oh my god.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

oddium posted:

happy braviary day

Still disappointed they didn’t keep the Japanese name for that, Wargle. WAR EAGLE

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

BlazetheInferno posted:

Wait what?

*looks up Alolan Geodude*

...oh my god.

i just remembered that galvanize is for some stupid reason a hidden ability so it'll be a hassle to catch one that can stab explode. rip.

and looking through the grass movesets in SM... oy. tsareena has nothing, lurantis NEEDS USUM move tutors and hidden ability and then it's fun.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Tsareena doesn't have a great movepool but she'll do some serious work on a team for the main game.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I bet Wooper tastes good grilled.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

tbp posted:

Good luck

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

RatHat posted:

Still disappointed they didn’t keep the Japanese name for that, Wargle. WAR EAGLE

you'll find its named that because wargle is the sound an eagle makes

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

oddium posted:

happy braviary day

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

So I'm fiddling with randomizers again.
Soul Silver this time.
Things I learned: Messing with Pokemon types is dumb because it turns every fight into a guessing game.
I want to restart now. Shame I didn't come to this conclusion before I spent too much time cheating at Voltorb flip.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Eox posted:

Tsareena doesn't have a great movepool but she'll do some serious work on a team for the main game.

She has Trop Kick and in Ultra she has Power Whip. Rapid Spin, Synthesis, U Turn, High Jump Kick, Aromatherapy, Play Rough, Acrobatics and then Knock Off and Seed Bomb (if Trop Kick isn't your thing) from the Move Tutors. She doesn't have a wide movepool, but the moves she does have are good.

Then Shiinotic comes in with Strength Sap and ruins everything.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

tsareena should be part fighting and also get every kick move. Give tsareena blaze kick

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

tsareena with power whip.............

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
on this independence day i would like to talk about a pokemon that is truly independent (of anything good)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=semcPCX8awU