Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That was waaay weird tho and Bashir was being a weirdo about it from the sidelines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
O'Brian deserves love too :(

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
He has the most stable, mature relationship in Star Trek

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Johnny Aztec posted:

O'Brian deserves love too :(

thats what scotch is for

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
O'Brien should have gotten that bit of Cardie tail.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
spooning with spoonheads

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Pick posted:

He has the most stable, mature relationship in Star Trek

you forgot to include "and miserable"

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Hector Beerlioz posted:

thats what scotch is for

Remember the time he replicated chewing gum and made it scotch flavoured

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

I'm surprised more men on that show aren't trying to fire crotch beams at Kira. Even Bashir never hit on her and he hits on everyone. And Siddig married Visitor!

Only Obrien ever gave it a shot. Then he returned to space Reddit posting about the beautiful submarine who got away.

Personally I find women who could easily kill me quite attractive so it puzzled me too.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Tighclops posted:

That's the fans' fault for falling in love with charasmatic space Hitler

I have zero sympathy for the producers after Nana Visitor had to warn them she'd refuse to play any romance scene with Dukat.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Sisko: Jake! You've been possessed by a Satan ghost!
Jake: Yes. And guess what father, section 31 is good!
Sisko: That's something a Satan ghost would say!
Jake: Stand aside father, I require this runabout.
Sisko: Sisko to ops, put a shield around all runabouts! This Satan ghost must not be allowed to leave the station!
????: This is Admiral James T. Kirk. What does a Satan ghost need with a Starship?

Holy poo poo lmbo

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I have zero sympathy for the producers after Nana Visitor had to warn them she'd refuse to play any romance scene with Dukat.

Star Trek always had some great pushback from actors about the way the writers would either try, or make the characters. Mulgrew with Janeway had her having to really push back the the writers to give her character some depth and personality. Garrett Wang constantly got into it with the writing staff over constantly being written as naive junior officer 6 years into the show and eventually burned a lot of bridges and future career opportunities over his picking fights. I think Robert Picardo was also the same, he constantly felt that the doctor was poorly written and used and didn't let him develop anything.

That was mostly Voyager, but I kind of think that it was definitely present in early TNG before it hit it's stride and I'd be shocked if DS9 didn't have its share of charismatic actors pushing back.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

pentyne posted:

Star Trek always had some great pushback from actors about the way the writers would either try, or make the characters. Mulgrew with Janeway had her having to really push back the the writers to give her character some depth and personality. Garrett Wang constantly got into it with the writing staff over constantly being written as naive junior officer 6 years into the show and eventually burned a lot of bridges and future career opportunities over his picking fights. I think Robert Picardo was also the same, he constantly felt that the doctor was poorly written and used and didn't let him develop anything.

That was mostly Voyager, but I kind of think that it was definitely present in early TNG before it hit it's stride and I'd be shocked if DS9 didn't have its share of charismatic actors pushing back.

If Leonard Nimoy didn't safeguard his character's integrity, 3/4 of Spock's moments in the show would be emotional breakdowns. Kind of like how every other Vulcan regular except maybe Tuvok is written after him, including Nu Spock.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

pentyne posted:

I'd be shocked if DS9 didn't have its share of charismatic actors pushing back.
Famously, there was Avery Brooks giving them hell for turning Sisko into a black man abandoning his family at the end...

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
someone is making some sort of weird Star Trek Discovery art book

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

I see they ripped my fanfic off

Spock gets turned into a dog in a transporter accident, also he is a detective now. He refuses treats from McCoy whenever he successfully solves a case though.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
i am truly not sure why spock is a dog

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Pick posted:

Rogic, Raggy

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Johnny Aztec posted:

Well, seeing as they start killing each other at the drop of a hat, Im sure whatever they chose had to be the blandest thing possible, so as not to incite another civil war.

This is just wrong, Hasperat is fsmously spicy because everything has to be a stereotype in the galaxy, so Bajorans have hot tempers so they like hot food. Spicy people, that's-a spicy meatball!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
why make your own furry star trek comics when there's already that official one where Sulu and Lt Cat Lady hook up

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Pick posted:

Why wouldn’t you get someone more well-established there, then? If anything, Quark had to constantly miss opportunities due to not having the capital to invest. If it was that important, they should’ve had someone buy out the bar, quark gets his moon, and then they’re ready to smash and grab the Gamma quadrant

Nah they just used Quark for catering, mostly. The real Ferengi business was being done on the other side of the wormhole, that was pretty well established. You leave Quark in place because he is zero threat to your dealmaking and means there's a dabo table not too far away when the deal's done

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Hector Beerlioz posted:

why make your own furry star trek comics when there's already that official one where Sulu and Lt Cat Lady hook up

he ain't kitten, folks:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

simplefish posted:

Nah they just used Quark for catering, mostly. The real Ferengi business was being done on the other side of the wormhole, that was pretty well established. You leave Quark in place because he is zero threat to your dealmaking and means there's a dabo table not too far away when the deal's done

They did send him to negotiate for that ale with the red aliens, with increasingly unreasonable demands from the Nagus

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

he ain't kitten, folks:

her face is so weird

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Pick posted:

her face is so weird

well she is a cat

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

They did send him to negotiate for that ale with the red aliens, with increasingly unreasonable demands from the Nagus

They sent him on a beer run that was clearly a set-up. He was being used like a deep space probe

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

he ain't kitten, folks:

I'd probably just give up on women.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
breep breep

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

It's amazing how much better the Discovery uniforms look when they're in the traditional primary colours rather than boring navy blue.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

simplefish posted:

Yeah, the whole point of being the Nagus is small fry like Quark bend to your every whim and suck up to you at every opportunity, while using the diplomatic cover of the Federation-run station to ensure security.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
if Voyager was remade today, that dumb governess program Janeway liked so much on the holodeck would just be an interactive Downton Abbey

Pick posted:

her face is so weird

pretty sure the penciler was big into alcoholism at this point in his career

yeah i think that's supposed to be the red alert siren going off.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Spock gets turned into a dog in a transporter accident, also he is a detective now. He refuses treats from McCoy whenever he successfully solves a case though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Pick posted:

It's only dogical, captain.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That's a cute Spock dog.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

someone email her and tell her to make the book just make it about detective spock dog.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
what would spock dog so if you do the fake throw the ball trick

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That’s gotta woof!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

what would spock dog so if you do the fake throw the ball trick

Raise one eye brow "Fascinating"

naem
May 29, 2011

simplefish posted:

This is just wrong, Hasperat is fsmously spicy because everything has to be a stereotype in the galaxy, so Bajorans have hot tempers so they like hot food. Spicy people, that's-a spicy meatball!

some kind of, sub-space meat-a-ball isnt it ironic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

The OFFICIAL dish of Earth is Egg's Ala Riker.