Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

WaltherFeng posted:

Thanks for the guy who said you can recycle everything.

P.S when I say everything, just remember.... I mean EVERYTHING! :ohdear:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jul 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

P.S when I say everything, just remember.... bjorkbjorkbjorkbjorkbjorkbjork :ohdear:

oh come on, don't tease that. It's such an entertaining and fun discovery when you first have that occur.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It was already behind a spoiler tag but I adjusted the wording: yeah doing that for the first time really was a treat :)

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Is it a missable thing or obvious?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
In Mooncrash, is the configuration of the world part of the randomization or influenced by corruption level? At first it seemed like no, but now I've noticed that at first I could travel to all three locations via tram, but in my last two rounds the Pytheas Labs has been inaccessible.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

MMF Freeway posted:

In Mooncrash, is the configuration of the world part of the randomization or influenced by corruption level? At first it seemed like no, but now I've noticed that at first I could travel to all three locations via tram, but in my last two rounds the Pytheas Labs has been inaccessible.

The tram is just out. If you walk to Pytheas labs and get to the tram station, the tram control modules will be missing or damaged. Replace them and it'll work again.

It's tied to the progression of hazards, I think.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

More corruption means more broken things/hazards, but where they are is random.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Ah okay that makes sense. Also, where is a reliable place to find anti-rads? I swear I looked everywhere in my last game

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

MMF Freeway posted:

Ah okay that makes sense. Also, where is a reliable place to find anti-rads? I swear I looked everywhere in my last game
Medical closets will always have at least one. Getting to a medical closet, on the other hand, can be tricky.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Trip report Day 5

Went to Life Support after saving the people in the Cargo Bay. Ran into the Nightmare, didnt have enough resources to kill it so I tried hiding but the timer froze so I had to restart.

I really like the lift field skill. Its great to watch a man-eating space monster float helplessly and blow it to pieces.

Ran into a technopath but a full charge of Q beam was enough to kill it. Good use of resources all things considered.

I dont have as many resources as I'd like since Im using my psi and ammo liberally, but I got some pretty good loot so I can still craft some more if needed.

I couldnt figure out what to do with life support fans so I'm heading to power plant next. I might post some progress today.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Thing I just learned thanks to the Prey subreddit:

There's a briefcase full of PSI hypos and a neuromod under the couch in Morgan's guest suite. Who would ever, ever, ever think to lift that couch

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I've found disruptor battery plans 8 times and disruptor plans 0 times.

Mooncrash :argh:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Mooncrash's point system made me realize there's no currency at all in the base game. No vendors, nothing. Huh.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Speedball posted:

Mooncrash's point system made me realize there's no currency at all in the base game. No vendors, nothing. Huh.

Materials are currency.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

CJacobs posted:

Thing I just learned thanks to the Prey subreddit:

There's a briefcase full of PSI hypos and a neuromod under the couch in Morgan's guest suite. Who would ever, ever, ever think to lift that couch

:psyduck:

Ithle01
May 28, 2013

MMF Freeway posted:

The fabricators. I've had the same problem whenever I get radiation containers spawning. Thankfully, lots of food laying all over to make the materials for them.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

God, I wish the Psychostatic Cutter was in the base game because it is so sweet.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Trip report Day 5 appendix

So I reached the power plant and finally got some answers whats the deal with Morgan and his brother.

Not sure if I like the change of pace in the gameplay. I'm running low on supplies and now I have to deal with operators that I feel like are pain in the rear end to fight, so I just hide from them.

Now I have to save the people in the cargo bay again and find some goon. Ugh.

Maybe I'll beeline for the ending because I feel like the longer I wander around the harder it gets to get around Talos.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

:saddowns:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

You, uh, probably only need to get the killing blow with it?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

First time finished: Normal, Human mods only, no humans killed. I liked the game but it could afford to be shorter. There is a ton of content yet at the same time only a modest arsenal and bestiary; you have a pistol, a shotgun, a wrench, the adhesive gun, a nerf-crossbow, a stun-gun, a laser beam, and four grenade types and you complete your arsenal by the halfway point. Moral-choice system better executed than anything in Dishonored. Appreciate the record screen so getting trophies like pacifist is easier. The game is too harsh with respawns and should be not played like a metroidvania given the lack of fast travel. The Dahl section should not have had endless Operators. I HATED getting off the elevator in the lobby because you often stuck in an animation while Typhon whale on you. Very reliant on quicksave because I got irreversibly stuck in the scenery five times. I wish the side-missions gave cooler rewards because once you have a full arsenal and the licence to print EXP there's little the game can reward you mechanically. More inclined to replay this over System Shock 2 because even at Prey's worst there's nothing as lovely as SS2's last third.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
To be fair, by doing a human mods only run you locked yourself out of a bunch of the possible additions to your arsenal.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

RichterIX posted:

To be fair, by doing a human mods only run you locked yourself out of a bunch of the possible additions to your arsenal.

Yeah, and don't worry about the turrets, by the end game they'll all be broken as poo poo anyway.

There are many doors you can only get through by turning yourself into a coffee cup for example. (though I'm glad that in Mooncrash the engineer has the option to fix those broken doors)

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Speedball posted:

Yeah, and don't worry about the turrets, by the end game they'll all be broken as poo poo anyway.

There are many doors you can only get through by turning yourself into a coffee cup for example. (though I'm glad that in Mooncrash the engineer has the option to fix those broken doors)
I'm pretty sure there's only one, actually, in (iirc) the GUTS. Every other room has a way in.

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Human being for president.
I was really amused how the volunteer gets in those rooms in mooncrash

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

WaltherFeng posted:

Trip report Day 5 appendix

So I reached the power plant and finally got some answers whats the deal with Morgan and his brother.

Not sure if I like the change of pace in the gameplay. I'm running low on supplies and now I have to deal with operators that I feel like are pain in the rear end to fight, so I just hide from them.

Now I have to save the people in the cargo bay again and find some goon. Ugh.

Maybe I'll beeline for the ending because I feel like the longer I wander around the harder it gets to get around Talos.

Operator suggestions: you can gloo the operator dispensers shut, or move heavy things in front of them with Leverage. Machine Mind lets you take over one of them, which will distract all the others in the area for as long as it lasts, and the stun gun and electrostatic discharge psi power will disable them temporarily (as well as doing lots of damage).

Talos does get more dangerous as the game proceeds, but you should also be getting more dangerous, and (especially if you're using both human and typhon neuromods) doing so faster than the station does.

Don't forget that you can use EVA and fly from airlock to airlock as a sort of fast travel system with minimal enemies to interfere.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ToxicFrog posted:

you can gloo the operator dispensers shut

:aaa:

is there nothing gloo can't doo

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

no

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Gloo is good, baby. Gloo is good.

I love the volunteer's movement ability. Useful AND showcases how hosed the moonbase is if the typhoon can use it.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jul 3, 2018

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mooncrash owns a bunch but I can't help hoping I'll find a really good reason why Morgan and Alex would have never mentioned Riley.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

That gloo operator trick is mindblowing. Too bad I just dealt with that mercenary goon. Machine mind was definitely useful tho.

Now I have to meet up with Alex. Things are getting pretty intense.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

WaltherFeng posted:

That gloo operator trick is mindblowing. Too bad I just dealt with that mercenary goon. Machine mind was definitely useful tho.

Now I have to meet up with Alex. Things are getting pretty intense.

Apropos of nothing, do you remember your answers to the test in the introduction?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Fat Samurai posted:

Apropos of nothing, do you remember your answers to the test in the introduction?

I wish. I took the test seriously in the trial version but then I just sorta gave joke answers after I restarted and I cant remember which.

In any case, I'm hoping to finish the game today so I can get started on Mooncrash. Maybe even replay the campaign on NG+ to see what I missed

I'm already looking for the next game that might give the same thrills and RE7 looks pretty cool even though I've spoiled some good parts of it.

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jul 3, 2018

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Inspector Gesicht posted:

The game is too harsh with respawns and should be not played like a metroidvania given the lack of fast travel.

I thought so too on my first attempt, but then I found out that with very few exceptions, new enemies only spawn on story advancement. Once you get to the Arboretum, you have access to almost everywhere.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Stun + Shotgun is my go to.

Mainly because its really satisfying, it taking approx gently caress all resources is icing on the cake.

I wish you could make turrets less poo poo though. My biggest issue with the game was that once i'd set up turrets all over the lobby, without a doubt i'd come back and they'd all just be knocked over. Let me gloo them to the floor!

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I still dont understand what people mean by recycle everything but

I dont think you can stuff human corpses and other full sized objects in there, right?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

WaltherFeng posted:

I dont think you can stuff human corpses and other full sized objects in there, right?

There are other ways of recycling. And they don’t mean either of those.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

WaltherFeng posted:

Recycle grenades, friend

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I guess if used in a certain way it would give you more materials than a price of a single grenade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

RichterIX posted:

Yeah, all the "active" attack skills are in the Typhon trees. So the actual arsenal is seven physical weapons, four grenade types, the ability to throw reployers at mach 3, four direct attack psi powers, two mind control powers, one nonlethal crowd control power, and a summon power. But if you avoid Typhon powers you only get the first three.

It's not nearly as extensive as SS2's arsenal, but on the other SS2 had a lot of cruft that was either legitimately useless or badly overpriced for what it did, while in Prey everything has at least some niche.