Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

the blog post is kind of confusingly written because the author is carefully avoiding any details about the person or what that person did because they're under FBI investigation

but my understanding is that Marcy Wheeler found out that someone she was working with (a journalist) was involved in the Russian attack on our elections, and also had intimate knowledge of Flynn's meetings almost immediately after the election was called for Trump, and went to the FBI with this information. She's also concerned that she'll be harassed or assassinated over this, and has allowed the FBI to investigate her house and stuff

She's also been a skeptic of the story that Russia meddled with the American election so this is kind of a big big deal. It's like Joementum coming out and going "I have evidence that Russia hacked the election itself directly"

Everyone is speculating that this person Wheeler went to the FBI with information on is Glenn Greenwald. Wheeler worked at the Intercept for years and Greenwald has long been suspected of being a Russian asset

So she went to the FBI because she thinks Greenwald was aiding them? Sorry, I'm dumb and these past few days have been awful for me. My brain is broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
whats the issue with presenting papers anyway

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

The desire to ensure freedom and equality is what libertarianism, I mean conservatism, I mean laveyan satanism, no dammit I mean liberalism is all about

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

UFOTacoMan posted:

I'm having a hard time squaring Green Glenwald being involved in Russia stuff but then also sending texts to others about "hey look at this russian stuff"

Glenn greenwald is really good at being a piece of poo poo tho

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

it owns that the president doesn't even pretend to get security briefings anymore

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Being liberal to own the libs.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i just want everyone to have a home, food, education, reebok, pepsi

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mayor Dave posted:

Reality Winner tho

2DCAT is going through the official whistleblowing process, Winner got imprisoned for leaking information

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Serfer posted:

it owns that the president doesn't even pretend to get security briefings anymore

Owns forever that the presidents brain is a frictionless surface

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

will Kerri?

Good question. I can find out, but our messaging, overwhelmingly is about more straight forward policy initiatives. I mean, it's not my decision to make in regard to that stuff.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

2DCAT posted:

lmbo, i try to submit an anonymous IG complaint about government fraud waste and abuse i witnessed and they said that I couldn't and that I needed to have my name become public record. Surely, this won't have a negative impact on my career.

Just directly anonymously call whoever has an interest in loving up the people responsible or write a letter to the editor of the Washington post

E anyway it doesn't matter civil war 2 is coming

https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/alex-jones-american-civil-war-2/

Inspector Hound has issued a correction as of 18:57 on Jul 3, 2018

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

it would make my year if greenwald — a guy I used to respect pretty thoroughly — gets ganked for cooperating with the russians

hell even if the info released and nothing happens (nothing would happen anyway)

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/AbdulElSayed/status/1014192296001228805

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Reality Loser posted:

Everyone in america has a billionaire fantasy. A war on billionaires means that fantasy is dead.

Reality Loser

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Inspector Hound posted:

Just directly anonymously call whoever has an interest in loving up the people responsible or write a letter to the editor of the Washington post
BUT WHY DIDN'T HE GO THROUGH OFFICIAL CHANNELS I yell as I turn into a cob

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Nichael posted:

That's the magic phrase that makes the Russian stuff and policy stuff merge. Because being against cabals of billionaires is good policy. Now let's see if anyone on the left, establishment Democrat or DSA, can figure that obvious answer out (they can't, but cspam can lol)

If the Democrats campaign about billionaires than their rich people will get upset. Then nobody will have glorious fund raising parties and get rich when out of office and party on billionaire island, and god drat it those are the things that make getting elected worth it.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

SKULL.GIF posted:

2DCAT is going through the official whistleblowing process, Winner got imprisoned for leaking information

And no official whistleblower has ever been persecuted or imprisoned, certainly not by both the Obama and Trump administrations

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Actually all good things have been won by anti-capitalist movements, in varying forms

Liberalism was about moderating interclass struggle among the bourgeois in a contained arena (liberal parliamentary or constitutional monarchy) so they wouldn't find and provide an outlet for the plebs to get uppity.

It's also about the endless expansion of the capitalist world-system

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Nichael posted:

So she went to the FBI because she thinks Greenwald was aiding them? Sorry, I'm dumb and these past few days have been awful for me. My brain is broken.

I don't know if that person is Greenwald or not, it's just speculation

This is what Wheeler says for why she went to the FBI:

quote:

Sometime last year, I went to the FBI and provided information on a person whom I had come to believe had played a significant role in the Russian election attack on the US. Since that time, a number of public events have made it clear I was correct.

I never in my life imagined I would share information with the FBI, especially not on someone I had a journalistic relationship with. I did so for many reasons. Some, but not all, of the reasons are:

• I believed he was doing serious harm to innocent people
  • I believed (others agreed) that reporting the story at that time would risk doing far more harm than good
  • I had concrete evidence he was lying to me and others, including but not limited to other journalists
  • I had reason to believe he was testing ways to tamper with my website
  • I believed that if the FBI otherwise came to understand what kind of information I had, their likely investigative steps would pose a risk to the privacy of my readers

quote:

The text sent to me matches both those reports — indeed, it makes it clear that “shortly after the election” means just over 14 hours after polls closed. But the text doesn’t come from anyone, like Kushner or Flynn, inside the Trump team. It comes from someone who, I believe, had already done real damage to the United States as part of the Russian attack. That person understood the cooperation with Syria in terms of the US backing Bashar al-Assad, not in terms of fighting ISIS.
(emphasis mine)

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

fuuuuuuck yes abdul

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
(abdul is a long shot for mi gov, its gonna go to either a hillary clone or a rick snyder chud)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Inspector Hound posted:

If you do this use a burner phone that you bought with cash, preferably through a friend

edit: also don't be at home when you make the call, be out in a public space

Bart - SCROTUS
Nov 21, 2002

I'm a geek, I'm a geek
I'm a power tool

When I sing this song
I look like a fool

:d2a: :d2a:

hell yes "trump democrats" get a run of blue maga hats ready

dehumanize yourself and face to centrism

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
the only american flag clothing i'll wear

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Melanie - FLOATUS posted:

hell yes "trump democrats" get a run of blue maga hats ready

dehumanize yourself and face to centrism

In a district where Hillary got 82% of the vote.

gently caress the Democrats.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Careful Drums posted:

fuuuuuuck yes abdul

Is there a chance he can win?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
https://twitter.com/craigcalcaterra/status/1014201566973358080?s=21

this is a neat twitter thread about the Pappy Van Winkle bourbon "heist" from a couple years ago

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 355 days!
the reality of the RI thing is that everyone was charmed by the youthful guy whos into politics and no one decided to do any deep dive research and its far too embarrassing to walk it back

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
The Rhode Island democrats are bad folks

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Reality Loser posted:

Everyone in america has a billionaire fantasy. A war on billionaires means that fantasy is dead.

I feel like giving it up is the first step to fully automated gay space communism, which probably checks most of people's billionaire fantasy boxes

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

tenderjerk posted:

the reality of the RI thing is that everyone was charmed by the youthful guy whos into politics and no one decided to do any deep dive research and its far too embarrassing to walk it back

perfect example of the sort of vision you'd expect from a party that basically hand-wrung itself into total irrelevance in less than a decade

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

lol the only stable plank of the democratic party's platform is "losing elections"

they have literally no ideology

Bart - SCROTUS
Nov 21, 2002

I'm a geek, I'm a geek
I'm a power tool

When I sing this song
I look like a fool

:d2a: :d2a:

white sauce posted:

We’re all going to die painful deaths lol

Just lmao if you have children

i definitely feel my odds of a violent end increasing daily

sorry, i mean a peaceful voluntary exchange of blood and ideology

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

its like prerevolution france but way stupider and more pathetic

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/dandrezner/status/1014206733806456838
:thunkher:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

skaboomizzy posted:

https://twitter.com/craigcalcaterra/status/1014201566973358080?s=21

this is a neat twitter thread about the Pappy Van Winkle bourbon "heist" from a couple years ago

this guy I used to work with was from Kentucky and he sold an empty PVW bottle for like 50 bucks on eBay. His dad was a smalltown mayor near their distillery and could occasionally score some of the longer-aged stuff. I'd never heard of it previous to a few years ago. This is a cool story

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the freedom to go bankrupt from healthcare and education costs

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
tech bros are all completely insane

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

If you do this use a burner phone that you bought with cash, preferably through a friend

edit: also don't be at home when you make the call, be out in a public space

Sure, loving do it up. bribe a hobo to carefully place the burner next to a payphone receiver and *67 the fbi from there

drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Martin BadClixx posted:

Is there a chance he can win?

depends on the dem primary. the hillary clone Gretchen is funded by michigan's insurance companies and there's a third crazy mfer Shri who's bankrolling his own campaign. Abdul is working hard but idk michigan politics are a poo poo show

• Locked thread